Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Yes, it can be changed. Of over 11,000 attempts, it has been changed 28 times. You do the math.
    That's not an argument against changing it.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    That's not an argument against changing it.
    The citizens here are welcome to try. There is a Constitutional process which has to be followed. Last time it was done was close to 40 years ago. And it had nothing to do with the rights under the Constitution such as freedoms we have. In fact, none of those freedom rights have been amended that I am aware of. I could be wrong and if I am, will admit it. There was a amendment done which abolished slavery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Seems more like the point went over your head.
    Maybe you feel the same way he does?

Maybe you feel the same way he does?
    I think claiming to cherish the Constitution and not even knowing how many amendments it contains would probably make you not terribly bright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    I think claiming to cherish the Constitution and not even knowing how many amendments it contains would probably make you not terribly bright.
    I am no expert. Are you? Or is your goal just to pump up your ego? Understand the rights I have in it. Which is all that matters. And the process to amend it. But I do admit there are parts which deal with legislative powers I am not that knowledgeable about. Not like it is some which I can personally exercise. And maybe 28 is not the exact number. 27 or so. Pretty damn low % when compared to how many attempts have been made. less than 1%. :P
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-02-16 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    That abusing a document written in the 1700's, as and when it suits, is a stupid thing to be doing, 242 years later? Sure.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaedon View Post
    Heh. There are ways to make guns easily with use of 3d printers now and instructions on how you can take parts from machines common in almost all areas of the US that you can combine to make a functional gun..
    You're using a few words incorrectly or dishonestly.

Easily. 3d printed guns are not easily made, and even when made are not the same as a manufactured firearm.
    Functional A "functional" firearm is not an effective firearm. Most of the designs for firearms on 3d printers are 'functional' for very few actual shots. And this also requires some level of skill once again, which is......once again.....a barrier. Barriers are good at stopping murders. Make it difficult and it will deter people.

Seriously, arguing this stance requires some serious level of willful ignorance and mental gymnastics.

This kind of argument comes from angsty anarchist teenagers who think nothing should be illegal or restricted, because like dude I can totally find a way to make it or get it illegally anyway.

I am no expert. Are you? Or is your goal just to pump up your ego?
    Well if you admit that you don't know anything about the Constitution, maybe you should leave its interpretation to people who do know something about it. And I don't think being able to count is something to pat myself on the back for, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you admit that you don't know anything about the Constitution, maybe you should leave its interpretation to people who do know something about it. And I don't think being able to count is something to pat myself on the back for, no.
    Na. I will just ignore you. That works better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Guns don't cause mass murder, sick people do.
    Gun enable them to commit it. If that guy walked into a school with a knife would he have had over 30+ victims?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Gun enable them to commit it. If that guy walked into a school with a knife would he have had over 30+ victims?
    Okay so you take all the guns, suddenly people will only use pocket knives?
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

We can yip and yap back and forth forever on this, the sad fact is that it will never change. Politicians of both sides have too much invested in profiting from guns, or making political gains from virtue signalling after these types of incidents to make any sort of real reform.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Okay so you take all the guns, suddenly people will only use pocket knives?
    If you want to try concealed carrying a crossbow, be my guest.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I actually had the opportunity to serve on a jury for a Federal trial over possession of a weapon by a felon this past week.

In the process of serving on this trial, I discovered some things I didn't know.

In my state, it's perfectly legal for me to take a gun that I own or possess and sell it to whoever I want - no background check, no ID, no paperwork. As long as I don't know that they're a convicted felon, or that they're a patient at a mental health facility, it's 100% legal.

In my state, it's perfectly legal for me to walk into a gun store, buy a gun using my information and background check, and then hand it over to my friend - who couldn't do the background check for whatever reason (let's go with expired ID). No background check. No paperwork. No ID.

I can be given a weapon by a relative or friend, again, with no background check and no paperwork.

There is no requirement to register any weapons I may own.
    There is no requirement to report any weapons I have stolen, and since there is no actual paper trail, there's no real impetus for me to do so since any weapon that turns up in a crime most likely won't be traced back to me.

How is this sane? Or rational?
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    We can yip and yap back and forth forever on this, the sad fact is that it will never change. Politicians of both sides have too much invested in profiting from guns, or making political gains from virtue signalling after these types of incidents to make any sort of real reform.
    So that's why Democrats keep pushing for actual reform while republicans block it at every opportunity. Get the fuck out of here with "They're both the same." Bullshit. Fake indipentent

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    It's not both sides, the amount of "donations" gained from NRA or gun manufacturers for dems is pocket change when compared to reps.

The liberals in this thread are once again going after the guns, but just last week they were all pre-ordering flamethrowers from Elon Musk!

#betacheck

#next

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    The liberals in this thread are once again going after the guns again, but just last week they were all pre-ordering flamethrowers from Elon Musk!

#betacheck

#next
    You might want to get your eyes checked. They're not flamethrowers but a 500 buck torch, a pointless toy.

If you want to try concealed carrying a crossbow, be my guest.
    Because you need guns to kill lots of people? and if you don't have AR-15's, criminals are left with crossbows and pocket knives? Interesting..
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You might want to get your eyes checked. They're not flamethrowers but a 500 buck torch, a pointless toy.
    Sweet. I didn't know fire was a play thing.