Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Nobody's attacking Melania's parents.

They're attacking Trump.

This isn't that complicated.
    You're asking Trump to attack them to "prove" that he is not hypocritical.

Which, if he would do that, meant that you endorsed his decision.

Because why would you ask for something you don't really want that to happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It’s using her parents immigration status, which is personal to them and should not be used for political point scoring, they are not public figures.

You’re no better than Trump, it is gutter politics.
    There's no attack on her parents, at all. You're manufacturing that out of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    You're asking Trump to attack them to "prove" that he is not hypocritical.
    No, I'm pointing out that if he was consistent, and truly believed his own rhetoric, he would attack them.

That he won't proves he is hypocritical on this. That he doesn't actually believe his statements against chain migration. That's the entire point here.

Which, if he would do that, meant that you endorsed his decision.
    God no. That doesn't follow at all. My position has no relevance to this at any point.

Because why would you ask for something you don't really want that to happen?
    You realize there's another option, right? Trump admits his attack on chain migration is baseless fearmongering, as his own family shows. That statement, I would support, but I don't expect Trump to reverse course on this, and accepting that one particular talking point is no longer egregiously bad is still a long way from thinking Trump is a good President.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's rather simple, his problem is with brown people, not with the parents of trophy wives. Yes, he's a hypocrite. No, his followers will not care. yes, they will bend over backwards to justify it.
    Actually, the main problem most people have with immigration (outside financial reasons, i.e. the blatant abuse of their already-stretched welfare system) is related to shithole cultures and the issues they bring, not skin color. The fact that most people coming from shithole cultures happen to be quite tanned is a coincidence; or do you perhaps think otherwise?

Only those who are extremely shallow and superficial themselves are incapable of seeing through the skin color, or understanding any other than color-related motives. Nothing new there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Actually, the main problem most people have with immigration (outside financial reasons, i.e. the blatant abuse of their already-stretched welfare system) is related to shithole cultures and the issues they bring, not skin color. The fact that most people coming from shithole cultures happen to be quite tanned is a coincidence; or do you perhaps think otherwise?

Only those who are extremely shallow and superficial themselves are incapable of seeing through the skin color, or understanding any other than color-related motives. Nothing new there.
    Don't tell that to all the people complaining about Mexicans in the United States. Or, you could ask the people who constantly complain about Afghans, Arabs, and Africans. As for the United States, it was made great by people from those shithole countries. Nigerians have some of the highest college graduation rates, and Indian, Mexican, Vietnamese, and other nationals have done extraordinarily well in this country. Screw authoritarians and their hatred of limited government, individual liberty, and the free markets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Wow the liberal tears are flowing heavy in this thread....so tasty....
    I'm not sure how you can say that, the liberals get to point at the utter hypocrisy of Trump and his ignorant followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Trump is against ILLEGAL immigration.. that author needs to do some fact checking.. afaik his wife came here legally so no hypocrisy on his part. And, what does the first lady's parents have to do with the president?
    Nothing unless they came here in any way related to "chain" immigration... because Trump is making a huge deal out of putting a stop to that form of immigration.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I think the better question is Where in the World is Melania Trump.

Seriously, she's like invisible.
    Palm Beach because the hotel I work at is always booked with the secret service.

Conservatives being hypocrites? More news at 11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    Don't tell that to all the people complaining about Mexicans in the United States.
    If they are there illegally, there's a good reason to complain. People don't like uninvited guests, especially if the latter ones keep consuming their money through the healthcare and welfare system. No one would complain if they could be certain that every Mexican in the U.S. is there legally, and thus fulfills the requirements set for immigrants. But as long as the border leaks, you can't be sure -- which, unfortunately, also places the legal immigrants under suspicion.

Or, you could ask the people who constantly complain about Afghans, Arabs, and Africans.
    I'm fairly certain that most issues with said groups are related to the majority of them being Islamic, and have very little to do with their ethnicity. I'm equally certain that practically all the problems people complain about are caused by Muslims. Or have you heard about Christian Arab immigrants or refugees getting involved with terrorism or sexual crimes in Europe?

On a side note, people here obviously don't like immigration from countries like Somalia or Iraq; but they don't like uncontrolled immigration from Russia either, despite of Russians being ethnically white. Can you guess at all why?

As for the United States, it was made great by people from those shithole countries. Nigerians have some of the highest college graduation rates, and Indian, Mexican, Vietnamese, and other nationals have done extraordinarily well in this country.
    U.S. was made great by Afghans, Arabs, Africans and Nigerians? Lmao. Ever opened a history book in your life?

It's true, though, that some immigrant groups integrate far, far better than others. Can you imagine any reasons for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Trump is against ILLEGAL immigration.. that author needs to do some fact checking.. afaik his wife came here legally so no hypocrisy on his part. And, what does the first lady's parents have to do with the president?
    Did you miss Trump's numerous propganda rants on "chain migration", you know the thing M.Trump is doing; sponsoring her parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    If they are there illegally, there's a good reason to complain. People don't like uninvited guests, especially if the latter ones keep consuming their money through the healthcare and welfare system. No one would complain if they could be certain that every Mexican in the U.S. is there legally, and thus fulfills the requirements set for immigrants. But as long as the border leaks, you can't be sure -- which, unfortunately, also places the legal immigrants under suspicion.

I'm fairly certain that most issues with said groups are related to the majority of them being Islamic, and have very little to do with their ethnicity. I'm equally certain that practically all the problems people complain about are caused by Muslims. Or have you heard about Christian Arab immigrants or refugees getting involved with terrorism or sexual crimes in Europe?

On a side note, people here obviously don't like immigration from countries like Somalia or Iraq; but they don't like uncontrolled immigration from Russia either, despite of Russians being ethnically white. Can you guess at all why?

U.S. was made great by Afghans, Arabs, Africans and Nigerians? Lmao. Ever opened a history book in your life?

It's true, though, that some immigrant groups integrate far, far better than others. Can you imagine any reasons for that?
    The issue is that the nationalists want to make the laws more strict, so saying you support legal immigration means nothing if you want to make more laws against it. Liberals in California support legal gun ownership, but that doesn't mean they don't want to restrict the crap out of it.

I said the United States was made great by shithole countries, you are trying to argue against something that I did not say. I pointed to examples of people from shithole countries who succeed quite well. Reading comprehension is wonderful.

I don't honestly give a shit if people want to integrate. I don't care if someone chooses not to learn my native language. I don't care if they keep their old customs. The only thing I care about, is that they do not harm others, and they are productive members of society. Nothing else matters to me. I couldn't give a shit if someone is Muslim, I care that they harm people. I judge individuals by their own actions, not by the actions of others. If you want to practice thought policing, then don't get pissed if liberals choose to do it to you.

Nationalism is authoritarian, and goes against three conservative principles that I care a great deal about... individual liberty, limited government, and the free markets. Conservatives in the United States have basically given up on those principles. They have become more authoritarian, and more anti-freedom than the liberals.

It’s using her parents immigration status, which is personal to them and should not be used for political point scoring, they are not public figures.
    How dare Endus go after the status of immigrants.

This is so rich I think I need a dentist lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no attack on her parents, at all. You're manufacturing that out of nothing.
    People are trying to make their individual immigration status public in order to attack Trump, so it is an attack on them personally and a serious invasion of privacy.

It is abusing named immigrants for political reasons, it is gutter politics.

If you have an issue with Trump’s policies, then attack those policies, but don’t bring the status of innocent named individuals into it, because that is completely cuntish.

As far as anybody is aware they haven’t done anything wrong, so the answer to the question posed in the headline is “Because it’s nobody’s business but theirs” and that is where the conversation should end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    How dare Endus go after the status of immigrants.

This is so rich I think I need a dentist lol.
    They are named individuals, who haven’t done anything beyond having a daughter a few decades back.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I think the better question is Where in the World is Melania Trump.

Seriously, she's like invisible.
    And that's why no one cares about her. Hillary and Michelle were very involved in their husbands terms in office, Melania has no such public influence which is why Trumpers don't care about her or her parents immigration history.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    And that's why no one cares about her. Hillary and Michelle were very involved in their husbands terms in office, Melania has no such public influence which is why Trumpers don't care about her or her parents immigration history.
    She actually is very active, but the media don't give her much attention because they rather focus on Trump. They only bring her in whenever they claim they are having relationship problems or whatever.

A good example I think how much power the media has, your (and others) view of her is basically given shape by how often you get to see her and in which way they decide to show it.

No, I'm pointing out that if he was consistent, and truly believed his own rhetoric, he would attack them.
    Maybe if you only read his rhetoric condensed to one-sentence soundbites.

Quoting from State of Union:
    The fourth and final pillar protects the nuclear family by ending chain migration. Under the current broken system, a single immigrant can bring in virtually unlimited numbers of distant relatives. Under our plan, we focus on the immediate family by limiting sponsorships to spouses and minor children. This vital reform is necessary, not just for our economy, but for our security, and our future.
    In recent weeks, two terrorist attacks in New York were made possible by the visa lottery and chain migration. In the age of terrorism, these programs present risks we can no longer afford.
    It is time to reform these outdated immigration rules, and finally bring our immigration system into the 21st century.

Immediate and obvious exception is "in age of terrorism" - Melania parents possibly weren't using chain migration "in age of terrorism", so it was ok back then and isn't ok now. Situation changes with time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any intelligent person knows the only reason this is a story is because it gives the shills in the media something to talk about besides Russia's collusion with the DNC and FBI. It also allows them to avoid talking about Hillary selling our Uranium off to Russian Companies. That's the real story here.

They are named individuals, who haven’t done anything beyond having a daughter a few decades back.
    So it's not okay to go after the immigration status if said possibly undocumented immigrants have names?

And what do you mean - we don't know if they "haven't done anything" until we see their papers, nein?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    It also allows them to avoid talking about Hillary selling our Uranium off to Russian Companies. That's the real story here.
    A thread about the immigration status of Melania's parents, and the real story is HillaREEEEEEE?

Ahahahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Any intelligent person knows the only reason this is a story is because it gives the shills in the media something to talk about besides Russia's collusion with the DNC and FBI. It also allows them to avoid talking about Hillary selling our Uranium off to Russian Companies. That's the real story here.
    Well, it also demonstrates the utter hypocrisy of Trump and his undying supporters, so there's also that.

He literally asked why we want people coming here from shithole countries. He restricted immigration from multiple countries. He pushed to greatly restrict certain visa applications.

He has literally called to end the type of immigration that has Melania's parents in the country. That's blatant hypocrisy on his part.

also, saying someone is pro legal immigration doesn't mean a lot. It's what they want to be legal that is the real issue, and Trump has consistently pushed for more restrictions. That's like saying California politicians are in favor of gun ownership, just not illegal gun ownership.
    That's a fair point to contest my argument about his immigration stance, but I don't think you took away what I was trying to get across, so let me see if I can explain this a little bit better.

I do not think that this particular topic is something to discuss as much as some of the other things Trump has done/is doing. Whether or not Melania's parents are here legally or illegally does not really matter, and throwing them into a political discussion actually feels wrong in a way. As a matter of fact, even though I am against Trump in office right now, I do like Melania and the issues she is pursuing.

Either way, I can see how some of what I said would be taken as a not-sound argument, but it wasn't really what I was eluding to.