Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Come to think of it, what if the affix affects enemies, and not the players? The description is still kind of vague, and I think that would make more sense. Would either promote taking down adds by one by one, or saving a bunch of burst aoe abilities to take out a pack quickly. Still would have issues in tyrannical however, as you could get a boss down to 10% and all the sudden it just destroys everyone.

Edit: Just remembered raging already kind of does the same thing, so either it gets replaced or this affix does indeed affect players.
    Last edited by Varolyn; 2018-02-14 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    It'll probably be 1 person kept low, rest just kept full hp, pack dependant, but I'd say you'd try to keep the melee full hp, and the ranged player as low as comfortably possible.

Depends on the dmg gain/loss though.

Seems like an awesome affix, I doubt the dmg reduction will be notable, but it'll be a nice min-max for the better groups.
    as a brewmaster, i apporove of this affix

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Who says Blizz lacks sense of humor? After all these years, we really will say "Stand in fire; it gives you buff."
    that was exactly what happened all of MoP with tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Terrible affix, what the hell Blizzard.

Having full HP should always be the goal, I hate being damaged, and when I play Healer, I hate having people below max health.
    Smh the whole point of Affixes is to alter up the gameplay so you don't get too comfortable doing your usual thing. If tuned well, this would be a great affix to separate non-skilled groups who always top their health off at the expense of doing lower damage from skilled groups who take more risks but do greater DPS output.

And nobody's saying to let everyone sit at 10% health. The min-maxers as always will find a sweet spot for the best combo of health/DPS on bosses that need it.

Greater risk -> greater reward. That's what every affix should be.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

An affix that incentivizes standing in fire... what could possibly go wrong?

"Damage and healing done increased when injured, and reduced when healthy."

What do we think?
    I would like anything that doesn't feel out of place with the aesthetics of the dungeons. Having mini volcanoes popping up in the middle of Karazhan feels lame. Just mho.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Come to think of it, what if the affix affects enemies, and not the players? The description is still kind of vague, and I think that would make more sense. Would either promote taking down adds by one by one, or saving a bunch of burst aoe abilities to take out a pack quickly. Still would have issues in tyrannical however, as you could get a boss down to 10% and all the sudden it just destroys everyone.
    I was thinking about it as well, but the fact this Affix also affects the "healing done" seems to indicate it is affecting players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Smh the whole point of Affixes is to alter up the gameplay so you don't get too comfortable doing your usual thing. If tuned well, this would be a great affix to separate non-skilled groups who always top their health off at the expense of doing lower damage from skilled groups who take more risks but do greater DPS output.

And nobody's saying to let everyone sit at 10% health. The min-maxers as always will find a sweet spot for the best combo of health/DPS on bosses that need it.

Greater risk -> greater reward. That's what every affix should be.

Well, we have a different approach to the game. In my opinion, high DPS should always be something that is valued a lot less than overall performance. I rather have a low dps group that does mechanics well than a high dps group that fails alot, If I had to chose between the two.

And this affex really reminds me of healers who start to DPS, hybrid-style, to max DPS, but who at the same time let people drop on health. I can't stand playing with such healers. Their job is to heal, and the flexible hybrid healer is something that shouldn't be a part of the game, in fact, heal speccs should not even be doable to do damage in dungeons and raids, only outside in the world for quests etc.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

This affix will be a nightmare to passive self heal dps classes such as affliction and shadow priest

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Well, we have a different approach to the game. In my opinion, high DPS should always be something that is valued a lot less than overall performance. I rather have a low dps group that does mechanics well than a high dps group that fails alot, If I had to chose between the two.

And this affex really reminds me of healers who start to DPS, hybrid-style, to max DPS, but who at the same time let people drop on health. I can't stand playing with such healers. Their job is to heal, and the flexible hybrid healer is something that shouldn't be a part of the game, in fact, heal speccs should not even be doable to do damage in dungeons and raids, only outside in the world for quests etc.
    So in your opinion, JdotB - the druid healer who completes world first +27 dungeons - is doing it wrong because he also manages to do 1 million plus dps?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    RIP healers, no but for real, lets see how BFA pans out before judging the affix.

Deleted
    Not a really good idea. Some specs will be ruined by passive self healing. But that's not the worst reason. The pressure on healers will be huge. If someone's healed up he will blame the healer for doing crap dps, if someone dies .. well you know.

This reminds of Heroic Anub'arak in ToC, where as a lock when running oom had to borrow a healer to tap up to get mana back.

10+ Year Old Account
    makes high tyranical literally impossible
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

This affix could work if they lift the cap on avoidance and make it work on targeted spells in dungeons or something like that. Or simply the affix wont be dynamic - if you are above 90% health u do 10% less dmg and 10% extra if under 90% or something fixed like that.

Deleted
    I can see this being super cancerous when combined with grievous or bursting.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in your opinion, JdotB - the druid healer who completes world first +27 dungeons - is doing it wrong because he also manages to do 1 million plus dps?
    No, of course not. He is using the current system and obviously does a great job.

What I think, in my opinion, the SYSTEM should make the healer a real healer and not this kind of hybrid thing. Same goes for tanks. Tank and Healer damage need to be heavily reduced in dungeons and raids (more or less non existing for healers). But that might just be me.

Swap it, as a Rogue, I would find it absurd to be asked to start offhealing or something (if I had such an ability).
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

"Damage and healing done increased when injured, and reduced when healthy."

What do we think?
    I'm guessing that multiplies with Deep Healing?

Lol resto shammies gonna have a field day.

looks good to me ! reminded me last phase of anub hc in ToC when you had to keep ppl low or else boss would be healed alot

Blizzard has been experimenting during the invitational with dungeons without tyranical or fortified. This one could very well take a place on the lvl10 affixes depending on the tuning. We dont know yet.

Deleted
    I do like the idea that you van speed up the run by taking risks, but i am not a huge fan of the penalty involved. If a casual like me can still run a 18 in time ik fine with it, Lets face it most affixes are only annoying on the very high end.

Deleted
    Interesting idea, but honestly most of the affixes just punishing the healer. A few punishing the tank. And only the volcanic and explosive what give some extra work for DPS. What is pretty bad and mostly punishing the casters only. I better like ideas what give difficulty for the entire team, more on the dps and specially more on melee.