Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This either is a bait or this guy didn't play the same Legion I did.

I found nothing particulary wrong with the expension, aside from the early legendary system, were some "Crap" legendaries did exist, and the droprate was massivly decreased after getting first two legendaeries... leading to some even reroll for getting the wrong items.
    The other thing, that was annoying are certain quest npcs in your orderhall serving as champions and do offer quests... So when they were on a mission, you were blocked from doing your campaign.

And then there is a optical matter: Way to much Black and Green, which... well does make sense, considering the theme, it just got a bit monotone.

Quote Originally Posted by caemen View Post
    Not the worst but some parts pain in the ass for sure (lvling alt chars for example)
    It's the best expansion to level alts since you just go and afk invasions 100-100 for 10 minutes a day and get a 100 without effort that way. You don't know what you're talking about

LFR indeed became too easy at some point and in Legion it even became pointless, since you get equal or better gear from other, even simpler sources. It's a damn shame, since Nighthold impressed me, but without due rewards I had no reason to run it more than once. With LFR such a joke I decided to do what people in forums tell people like me and gave Normal a shot.

While I appreciated the increased item level and difficulty, the demand for my own impact made it unenjoyable. Without diligent study of class optimization, only being aware of boss mechanics and working around them accordingly, my DPS was apparently too low for the raid leader and I was removed by the third boss. I don't blame them for their decision, but how I played felt impactful to me. The way I appreciate games is working their mechanics, not fiddling around with numbers. To see the road to the end I checked a rotation from Icy Veins, but it all got so annoying that I decided to abandon the idea.

Legion's been very good otherwise, but it's a goddamn tragedy I didn't have a meaningful raiding scene this time around. Even WoD's LFR had purpose for it, both for gearing (in Hellfire Citadel) as well as to advance the Legendary questline. For Legion there was no reason to run the raids more than once to see the content and get a one-time quest objective completed. Actually, I ran Trial of Valor multiple times, since it had a quest that required multiple runs. Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry survived shitty LFR gear drops thanks to the Legendary questline, so I could have lived with the same system in Legion.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I'd say best expansion since Wotlk imo.

The only significantly bad parts (with modern WoW's standards) from my pov are artifact weapons, legiondaries and wf/tf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Another echo: we didn't play the same expansion.

You're a solo, unguilded player who expects that LFR should be a challenge. Although that playstyle is not disallowed by the game, it is suboptimal. Go make some friends or go play Elder Scrolls.
    I am a solo, unguilded Player too. I do not expect LFR to be a challenge. BUT, imho, Legion was the best Expansion yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethalmd View Post
    I don't see how levelling is an issue for you, and I guessed that the story and quests are to dull for you...
    No, I was talking about the unpolished feel of Legion compared to previous expansions. I mean, there are game breaking bugs in the game that was there in alpha. It's like all they care about is to rush out new content without adding any quality to the game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by pathebaker View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is jebait. your argument isn't even backed by facts at all. If you didn't like the expac you didn't like it but no need to hop on here and spew nonsense.
    I often find horrible comments like yours to be tens of thousands of times more troll than OPs
    just because you dont agree with his arguments don't make them non-existent. everything is true, is only up to each person to take their own conclusions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Maybe it is now, but it wasn't in the beginning or mid expansion, don't you remember all the people crying how bad it was to gear or catch up with an alt?
    thats some mega bullshit you spill there aka FAKE NEWS. gearing in legion wasnt hard. what people cried about was the rng of legos.

Deleted
    The levelling experience is one of the best – it’s fluid, you have choices, its story driven and all zones tie into the main event.

Gearing, oh you’d just rather buy it from the store I’m sure having read that…

LFR well… I love people that moan and complain about LFR when there are 3 other modes of difficulty available to you if that one isn’t to your liking.

Next.

Legion is one of the best expansions to date.

Gearing up was difficult for a solo player? I lol'd irl. They made everything accessible for every player, I think it never was so well balanced to get to a good ilvl. We never had so much content in previous expansions and a story this rich. If you didn't like this, then probaly WoW just isn't it for you anymore.

Got up to leveling, stopped there. If you HONESTLY believe that leveling in this expansion was bad, then you clearly haven't played any other, OR you have some INSANELY weird expecations, or, you know, it's just bait, like most people already stated.

Scaling of zones, which directly influenced especially early leveling, was the best move Blizzard has done in...a long time. Spreading people across all zones, which allowed us to actually PLAY the first night, without constant lags, disconnects, having 500people on a single npc making it unclickable (yes, Cataclysm, I'm looking at you).

Could probably go on and on, but not really worth it in a troll thread anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantais View Post

Leveling was an awful experience. The quests were horribly bugged, would often guide you to a completely wrong location and they gave an absolute abysmal amount of experience. The content was rugged to a point where you would often have to take a detour just to get to the desired location.

Gearing up was a pain in the ass for a solo player after the expansion came out. As a solo player, you would have to go through an unecesarry amount of time waste just to get good enough gear for LFR
    In my opinion Legion has a great leveling experience. Everything was connected, there were no detours.

And as a solo player I had no problems gearing up, I managed to do every dungeon without problems(people leaving during mythic+ sucks I give you that), found many guild runs on raids and even found many solo players. End game content is not supposed to be done as a solo player. There are many single player games out there.

I feel legion wasn't the worst ever.

Although I must say it attracts to people that like diablo styled games more than an mmorpg. It certainly doesn't feel like wow of the old days at all. With sharding and constant repetitiveness of WQ's, m+ etc it feels like a diablo based world. I like diablo, but when I want to play diablo then I get on diablo. Wow should be and feel something more than this.

Of course you prefer being carried by a guild because you are too lazy to find your own gear, but that doesn't mean that everyone else should follow your pattern.
    Hahaahahahahahahahaha

Also, the people you met in your guild doesn't see you as their friend, they are random people you met on the internet who doesn't care much about you in real life.
    Suuure, abd everyone of your "Friends" dont see you as friends, they are random people you met on the Street/Work/School.

Its entirely unheard of that people meeting in an Online Enviroment actually form Relationships.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Gotta love those cunts that claim LFR is so easy because they can go AFK and let 24 other people do the work for them
    To be fair. If you actually have people in LFR play at least a bit below a decent level, its actually really really really easy. *laugh*

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised by the amount of people being toxic assholes just because he has a differing opinion.

I genuinely dislike the artifact weapons and the whole artifact power system.
    I hate the Titanforging system that can reward items with higher ilvl than Mythic raiding, from a fucking world quest where you catch squirrels and stomp on nuts.
    I really dislike Broken Shore and Argus. Neither of those areas were any interesting and it just added another RNG lootbot.
    I don't have any words for the shitfest that are legendaries.
    I only found 1 spec I enjoyed playing, which is an absolute first in the history of WoW. All the specs feel like they're built around the artifact weapons and still end up having dull and clunky rotations.
    I hate the pruning of abilities.
    I hate the fact that PvP is quite literally destroyed.
    ----
    I enjoyed the leveling, as with WoD it was a very solid experience.
    I enjoyed most of the raids. ToS got a bit ridiculous with the soaking mechanics however.
    I uh.. I mean I guess the class mounts were pretty neat I suppose?

In my personal opinion, I think this has been the worst expansion thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    thats some mega bullshit you spill there aka FAKE NEWS. gearing in legion wasnt hard. what people cried about was the rng of legos.
    do I even need to laugh at the "gearing in legion wasnt hard, what people complained about was getting gear"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I'm surprised by the amount of people being toxic assholes just because he has a differing opinion.

I genuinely dislike the artifact weapons and the whole artifact power system.
    I hate the Titanforging system that can reward items with higher ilvl than Mythic raiding, from a fucking world quest where you catch squirrels and stomp on nuts.
    I really dislike Broken Shore and Argus. Neither of those areas were any interesting and it just added another RNG lootbot.
    I don't have any words for the shitfest that are legendaries.
    I only found 1 spec I enjoyed playing, which is an absolute first in the history of WoW. All the specs feel like they're built around the artifact weapons and still end up having dull and clunky rotations.
    I hate the pruning of abilities.
    I hate the fact that PvP is quite literally destroyed.
    ----
    I enjoyed the leveling, as with WoD it was a very solid experience.
    I enjoyed most of the raids. ToS got a bit ridiculous with the soaking mechanics however.
    I uh.. I mean I guess the class mounts were pretty neat I suppose?

In my personal opinion, I think this has been the worst expansion thus far.
    oh look someone who also agrees with OP thus will obviously receive hate because of it :v

also, legion pvp was literally the worst the game has ever had, this isn't even JUST a matter of opinion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    do I even need to laugh at the "gearing in legion wasnt hard, what people complained about was getting gear".
    It's true though. If it was hard for you, that's the fate of a casual player. Otherwise it wasn't hard if you were willing to put the effort into it. The only complaint was legendaries which in my opinion should not be seen as an objective to aim for in terms of gearing up your character, it's rather extra power you want for your character which happens to be bound to a gear piece. So don't say ''gearing in legion wasn't hard, what people complained about was getting gear'', very funny.

The zones in Legion were freaking amazing. The sound, design and art is top notch. They all had their own separate settings and stories but all felt connected to the central one. (unlike back in Cata) Legion is probably one of the best expansions they've made.