Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I trust in Christie Golden to make all of these work! Also she say on twitter really clear that some of the stuff that has been "unearthed" is not accurate.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    I trust in Christie Golden to make all of these work! Also she say on twitter really clear that some of the stuff that has been "unearthed" is not accurate.
    really hope that's the case
    simply because We went through such a plot device before
    rightly loads don't like Sylvanas but she is one of the best characters WOW has.

If you look at the scenario of legion her and Varian were all out flirting with each other
    they helped each other no end. for that farce of an ending it just didn't make sense
    the horde side were boxed in just like the alliance.

Not sure why people feel a need to try and paint Sylvanas like a "good guy" in the first place.

Want to always be viewed as one of the good guys? Play the carebear faction.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    i like being the bad guy

get over it snowflakes
    Haven't you just recently made a whole thread where you explain how the Alliance are the bad guys and Horde are good?

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    What are you even talking about? What is this Galactic Empire nonsense you keep rambling about?

- - - Updated - - -

Which is exactly why I believe Sylvanas didn't do it.

It's too ridiculous even for Blizzard. Someone else set the tree aflame to make it look like Sylvanas. And honestly, I won't be surprised at all when it's Vereesa. It's a trope that I can see Blizzard using.
    Sylvanas want to create Empire for hordies, because they are poor and smelly.

Got a strong Palpatine vibe, thats all.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Sylvanas want to create Empire for hordies, because they are poor and smelly.

Got a strong Palpatine vibe, thats all.
    But right through the levelling process with her
    she really does care about the forsaken. If this does unfold she's the "baddie" of this expansion
    fair enough but I really do hope there's a much bigger force at play that explains the reasoning.

anduin is so naïve we at least need someone around him who's got another agenda going on

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    "At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming."
    Sylvanas already died 3 times... Once to be banshee, the second to suicide on Icecrown Citadel via the novel and the third in-game by Godfrey betraying. It ain't Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Sylvanas already died 3 times... Once to be banshee, the second to suicide on Icecrown Citadel via the novel and the third in-game by Godfrey betraying. It ain't Sylvanas.
    Or Blizz forgots own lore, will retcon. Wont be first time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    But right through the levelling process with her
    she really does care about the forsaken. If this does unfold she's the "baddie" of this expansion
    fair enough but I really do hope there's a much bigger force at play that explains the reasoning.

anduin is so naïve we at least need someone around him who's got another agenda going on
    Nah. She is baddie because she is personification of LK with boobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Not sure why people feel a need to try and paint Sylvanas like a "good guy" in the first place.

Want to always be viewed as one of the good guys? Play the carebear faction.
    WoW has no good factions. This was Warcraft 1+2.

I doubt it be overlooked personally. It's a short story that was written on their official website, not sure if it's still there. It seems a bit weird to make a publication on something very intimate for the character officially unlike books which have been dismissed.

Granted they could, but I dunno, I don't think it's her death. It could literally be figurative rather then literal with someone we know dying. For example a Death in tarot cards means new beginning... It could be a 3rd new beginning as far as we know.

5+ Year Old Account
    It was about Alleria.

And she already opened the door.

Alleria in Stormwind looks up at the statue of herself and speaks of her feeling like she's died twice, already. She mentions being trapped in Outland and thus being "Dead" to the Alliance, and then talks about being imprisoned by Xera as a second "Death". Then she goes to Silvermoon and is Banished, there, a third "Death" of being lost to her homeland leads to Nether Prince Durzaan actively states "The door opens" as he attacks the Sunwell.

It was never about Sylvanas. That was just the playerbase's speculation and the Alliance's desire to kill her (Along with some Hordies)
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah. She is baddie because she is personification of LK with boobs.
    Well, Arthas was probably the most interesting character in whole Warcraft universe. So I am perfectly fine having Lich Queen as Warchief. I actually prefer it to noble Thrall to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Slyvanas
    Dunno, I mean she's pretty cunning when it comes to manipulating the passion of the Horde. Slyvanas might actually be a good nickname for her.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Well, Arthas was probably the most interesting character in whole Warcraft universe. So I am perfectly fine having Lich Queen as Warchief. I actually prefer it to noble Thrall to be honest
    Arthas was. LK was archetypical necro overlord.

Same with Sylvanas. Sylvanas was interesting. Bitch Queen is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    It was about Alleria.

And she already opened the door.

Alleria in Stormwind looks up at the statue of herself and speaks of her feeling like she's died twice, already. She mentions being trapped in Outland and thus being "Dead" to the Alliance, and then talks about being imprisoned by Xera as a second "Death". Then she goes to Silvermoon and is Banished, there, a third "Death" of being lost to her homeland leads to Nether Prince Durzaan actively states "The door opens" as he attacks the Sunwell.

It was never about Sylvanas. That was just the playerbase's speculation and the Alliance's desire to kill her (Along with some Hordies)
    Best speculation is about Azeroth. But it is Blizzard who were proven time and time again to dont know their own lore.

Deleted
    i like being the bad guy

get over it snowflakes
    I had to quote this post. It's hilarious! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Sylvanas takes Kalimdor.
    The Forsaken are driven from Eastern Kingdoms so their entire population is in Kalimdor.

The night elves know what that ultimately means for Mount Hyjal and Nordrassil.....
    It would be amazing to actually let horde have Kalimdor. Total separation of the faction. And then lets see how hordies would justify the "reproductory needs" of the forsaken

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Sylvanas isn't going anywhere and it is hilarious to see all the testosterone in this thread.
    Haha... she will be a lovely loot box for us all. That's what happens to the villains. I just wonder if she is gonna go at it with the Azerite or if she will get some old god boosters like Garrosh.

Arthas was. LK was archetypical necro overlord.

Same with Sylvanas. Sylvanas was interesting. Bitch Queen is not.
    Nah, she is. And she is not even evil. She is perfectly gray. Anyone telling she is evil never played for some really evil factions. Ever played Warhammer online as Destruction(more specific the Chaos)? THAT was evil, edgy and without any good intentions. It was all about spreading chaos, killing everything, just to please chaos gods.

Sylvanas is probably, with Genn, in the most complicated situation in the game and still, while Genn is driven by pure hatred towards her, she is at least trying to ensure horde's future (and according datamined dialogues - achieve peace by separate horde and alliance by one huge ocean). You don't like her, That's okay. But she is very interesting character. If she wouldn't, noone would really care about her in good or bad way.

10+ Year Old Account
    She threatened saurfang???!!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

“lack of honor” would be betraying your faction to join the blue team.

if saurfang’s unhappy with current horde leader he needs to stay to improve it not run off and frolic with anduin and his pet dog.
    Leaving your faction because they've fallen from your standard would actually do him honor, not show a lack of it.
    If Saurfang feels that the current horde leader is not compatible with the orcs code of honor, the honorable thing to do is either kill her or leave.