Page 1 of 2
LastLast

With the new level system, what zones can you guys recommend are worth completing?

My brother is looking to finally play wow and try to get into end game content, previously due to school, he would only get to level for a while and then have to take a break. Now that he has time to play, he wants to start a fresh character and level to max, and try end game content in BFA.

I was also planning on leveling a brand new character too, something I've never played. Now that you can finish an entire zone, without going into green or grey quests, I'd like to ask you guys which zones you feel are the most fun, or maybe you just enjoy the story line, whether it's updated, or older. I'm mainly talking about Eastern Kingdoms/ Kalimdor. Maybe if you guys have a top 3 fav for each one. I've played through Outland and Wrath multiple times so I pretty much know which ones I like there. We're also leveling as Alliance, so unfortunately there are probably some good horde quest lines we won't get to experience :P

It doesnt matter. Things will go gerat unytil you hit about Level 60, then it slogs down and you will get sick of it . 60-100 is soul crushing
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will mention my favs excluding starter zones.

On kalimdor i like best: Stonetalon Mountains, southern barrens, Dustwallow march and Tanaris.

Eastern Kingdoms: Ghostlands/Duskwood, Loch Modan, Redridge Mountains and Hinterlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    I will mention my favs excluding starter zones.

On kalimdor i like best: Stonetalon Mountains, southern barrens, Dustwallow march and Tanaris.

Eastern Kingdoms: Ghostlands/Duskwood, Loch Modan, Redridge Mountains and Hinterlands.
    I've never actually leveled through stonetalon mountains. Tanaris is a personal favorite of mine as well

For Kalimdor Id say that Desolace, Stonetalon, and Ungoro are my top 3. I really liked Desolace because it seems like it gives off a kind of Vanilla WoW vibe.

For Eastern Kingdoms mine are Duskwood, Western Plaguelands and Eastern Plaguelands

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    It doesnt matter. Things will go gerat unytil you hit about Level 60, then it slogs down and you will get sick of it . 60-100 is soul crushing
    Honestly I did not really notice a slowdown on the leveling speed when going past level 60, if any. Things went pretty smoothly. Now, before this new leveling system, yes, 60-100 was a drag. Now? It just went smoothly for me. I leveled a druid to 110 a month before the new leveling system went live, and now I leveled a VE to 110 to get the heritage armor, so I had both experiences fresh in my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    To soak in the lore of BfA (Horde-side in this case), I started in Ashenvale, wended my way to Stonetalon, jumped continents for Silverpine, Hillsbrad, then did Southern Barrens and Tanaris. At 60 I went to the Howling Fjord in Northrend and I'm currently near to the end of Dragonblight having just hit 70.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by SethRoguen View Post
    For Kalimdor Id say that Desolace, Stonetalon, and Ungoro are my top 3. I really liked Desolace because it seems like it gives off a kind of Vanilla WoW vibe.

For Eastern Kingdoms mine are Duskwood, Western Plaguelands and Eastern Plaguelands
    The plaguelands is always good, I like the caravan stuff with the Worgen, and the bloodelf/ dwarf.

For alliance, I liked the Keeshan quest lines in Red Ridge and Burning Steppes, but mostly for the Rambo references and the silly dialogue. Lorewise and storywise, I do like the Plaguelands, too.

You are missing out Horde side, because my favorite classic quest line is Welcome to the Machine in Hillsbrad. Long live Johnny Awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    You are missing out Horde side, because my favorite classic quest line is Welcome to the Machine in Hillsbrad. Long live Johnny Awesome!
    Just did that quest a few days ago and totally forgot about it after so many years

We have the same type of quest in Legion too in Highmountain in a cave, something with "Candle..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I feel lika i had the opposite experience, things started to go faster between 60-80, and even faster between 80-90.
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+

Deleted
    Westfall, barrens, Stranglethorn vale, hinterlands, tanaris.

Nagrand, Scholazar basin, Zul'drak, Storm peaks, Shadowmoon valley, valley of 4 winds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    I've never actually leveled through stonetalon mountains. Tanaris is a personal favorite of mine as well
    Stonetalon Mountain is a MUST! And a tip: Do it on BOTH sides! Just did it last week on the horde side, because I'm leveling a horde character to max level, and honestly, the story is amazing, especially for a low level cataclysm zone - and what is even more interesting: It feels like 2 different zones because there is, I think, only two parts of the map which both alliance and horde quests in.
    The only downside (which I dunno is that big of a downside maybe?) is that for the first 2/3 of the zone you have to read quest texts or pay much attention to get what's going on. But I think that won't be a problem as you don't seem to be in a rush^^
    Last edited by mmoc30e49a2c4a; 2018-02-16 at 09:29 AM.

I will probably get hate for this. But try out Vashj'ir. It has a looot of cool and unique quests. Stunning scenery and against all complaints you get around pretty quickly. You can run on the ground and get a free seahorse mount which swims at 450% speed.

The area is huge. Me and my friend leveled there starting with lvl 80 and finished it with lvl 86,5

10+ Year Old Account
    For Alliance I would recommend so far:
    Loch Modan, Westfall, Duskwood, Darkshore, Eastern Plaguelands, Borean Tundra, Sholazar

I wouldn't do again:
    Redridge (terrible bugged stealth quests later on)
    Ashenvale (quite long travel times, additionally I hate the revamp of this zone)
    Both Stranglethorne maps (also hate the revamp, makes me sad to travel there)

However there are many zones I never visit within the leveling process because they are too far away (haven't bought flying points at heirloom vendor yet):
    Arathi, Hinterlands, Feralas, Dustwallow Marches, Tanaris, Desolace.

Any of the zones with dinosaurs for me! So ungoro, and I think stranglethorn vale (or one near there, can't remember for sure)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathson View Post
    I will probably get hate for this. But try out Vashj'ir. It has a looot of cool and unique quests. Stunning scenery and against all complaints you get around pretty quickly. You can run on the ground and get a free seahorse mount which swims at 450% speed.

The area is huge. Me and my friend leveled there starting with lvl 80 and finished it with lvl 86,5
    Honestly, Vashj'ir was shit when it was new content, because the exp gain was an asshole. But today, it's cool, the zone is nice, different and something that is worth doing AT LEAST one time!

Since the new leveling changes i came up with around 3 different routes you could take as alliance

I do these routes because it requires less travel since you can just walk to the next zone most of the times.

The Nightelf route (Darkshore - Stonetalon mountain - Desolace - Feralas - Thousand Needles if your not 60 by then go to Tanaris) this seems like the most fun route since it has most of the zones that i love

The Dwarf route (Loch Modan - Wetlands - Arathi Highlands - Hinterlands - Western Plaguelands - Eastern Plaguelands) Western Plaguelands has the Alliance vs Horde battle that i like and Eastern Plaguelands has the Argent Crusade.

The Human Route (Westfall - Duskwood - Stranglethorn Vale - (Fly back to Stormwind)Redridge Mountains - Swamp of Sorrows - Blasted Lands) The three zones at the beginning i like but after stranglethorn it gets worse xD

If you start out as Human the best alternative would be Westfall - Duskwood - Stranglethorn Vale - (Take the boat from Booty Bay to Northern Barrens)Stonetalon Mountains - Desolace - Feralas - Thousand Needles) This route has all of the zones that i love Duskwood, Stonetalon, Desolace, Feralas. It is a bit slower route because you actually need to get to Stonetalon which is a bit of a walk

If i had to recommend one route it would be the night elf route(Hope it still can be done in BfA xD) A lot of beautiful zones and good questing zones.

Also Hi from Laureth the alliance panda warrior on EU Silvermoon. Hope you guys have a good leveling experience.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    For my Void Elf I did:

Darkshore, Ashenvale, Thousand Needles, Badlands (lvl 59 with Heirlooms, I tried focusing on Twilight's Hammer Cult zones and Badlands for it's fun quests. The Day When Deathwing Came and Rhea, for example).

Howling Fjord while doing dungeons (lvl 71! the zone really felt neverending)

Planning to do, either Dragonblight to 80 (a megaton of quests) or Netherstorm and Grizzly Hills (mostly Nostalgia, for Netherstorm, level scaling finally made that zone "available")

Mount Hyjal & Deepholm, Twilight Highlands (Oh, Twilight's Hammer Cult, maybe?) Hopefully lvl 90 at this point, if not try finishing The Jade Forest once again even if I'd go past lvl 90. Favourite zone in the game.

WoD just do Bonus Objectives in every zone..

Legion, Stormheim and invasions..

Yay, lvl 110, eventually..

(I'm still pretty amazed that I got 12 levels in Howling Fjord while doing couple of additional dungeons. This was before the XP buff and I queued specific dungeons only. Considering this the plan for 71-90 may be completely out of sync..)
    I got from 80 to 90 with doing whole Deepholm+Uldum until portal+a bit more than half of Twighlight Highlands. No dungeons. 80 to 100 went lightning fast in comparison to 60-80.