Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post
    Legendaries, titanforging, the never ending daily quests ( emissarys / WQ), the simplistic rotations and further pruning (dumbing down) of the game, the forced AP grinds that got reset multiple times during the expansion. Also pvp has been pretty terrible.
    Ok, you have some good points. When i wrote this thread i just went through a quick list of things i hated about the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    It's the worst expansion i have ever played personally,
    But i disagree with alot of your reasons, the story was garbage and spits in the face of well established lore, time and dimension traveling orcs were a far cry more tollerable than some of the "lore" and "plot" of legion.
    We've had kung-fu pandas and space cows and yet the legion storyline was garbage?

I agree about legion being a bad expansion, but for many other reasons than the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    The zones in Legion were freaking amazing. The sound, design and art is top notch.
    I thought the zones were dull and boring, and the sound, design and art was mediocre at best.

Probably one of the most disappointing expansions.
    Last edited by mmoc7197edf7e7; 2018-05-14 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    did you ever played any other mmorpg out there ? like ever ? because every single mmoprg out there does offer slow single player gear progression outside of group content. rpg without it is as good as dead sinply because most of people are not good enough to participate in hardmodes - but without gear progress rpg aspect is as good as dead - yes it wont be best gear - but it should be decent enough to keep people playing. wow doesnt offer it atm and thats why its online numbers are worse then ever before, worse then at the end of WoD even though it offers much more content http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weekly...hp?serverid=-1
    WoW doesn't offer single player gear? LFR, WQs, Crafting, LFD, BGs.. Sure it isn't 100% solo, but the people you do it with could just as well have been bots.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Only big issue I have with the RNG nature of Legendaries, that's it.

Bad Luck Protection is like the worst design ever to deliver something, cause it was not visible anywhere.

Yes we got a "vendor" now, still partially RNG attached, of course better then before 7.3.5, but we had like 16 months of pre-7.3.5.

Simply too many legendaries, leading to some being garbage especially early on.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-16 at 11:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantais View Post
    We've had kung-fu pandas and space cows and yet the legion storyline was garbage?
    I agree about legion being a bad expansion, but not because of the storyline.

Problably the most disappointing expansion ever.
    Pre legion - The burning legion are demons who require portals and the more powerful require intricate summoning rituals to enter azeroth, there was even an entire raid tier regarding the fact that the sunwell was needed to summon Kil,jaeden
    Legion - Forget all that we got space ships now launch the hyper drive

Pre legion - Illidan fled to outland to escape the wrath of Kil'jaeden, the mere sight of an image of Kil'jaeden appearing before him in the black temple had him cowering in fear
    Legion - Illidan now wants to manfight Kil'jaeden and then Sargeras??

Pre legion - titans were long gone, ancient history
    Legion - Nah actually they are all somehow on argus oh and you will actually fight a titan

Pre legion - The burning legions numbers are endless
    Legion - cast aside just as easily as the iron horde were

Pre legion - the garbage space ship retcon lore about draenei
    Legion - Spaceship battles!

Pre legion - just belf
    Legion - Void elfs, lightforged draenei

Pre legion - turalyon and aleria were lost on draenor as the world was exploding, presumed dead or stranded
    Legion - Turalyon is now over 1000 years old

Artifact weapons in general, Tauren on the broken isles, the compete retcon of the broken isles being raised from the depths of the ocean, Illidan the chosen one, lightforged dreadlords, Illidan kills a naaru, Varian and Vol'jin deaths just for the sake of both sides need to lose something, the entire concept of sargeras stabbing his sword into silithus, Medivhs 5 second cameo, khadgar, dalaran, vault of the wardens is on the broken isles wut?, gilneas people living in val'sharah just what? Deathknights now back serving the lich king, sylvanas and greymane's mini war (like wtf you're fighting the burning legion ffs)

Pretty much all the important lore characters now being your bitch where you send them on facebook missions but most importantly the abomination that was:
    Rexxar the beastmaster - Survival Hunter

You could go on for days about how bad the story telling and plot holes are

Deleted
    every new expansion is worse and worse.

lmao. Nothing else to add to this

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    OP...stop whining..LFR was around before Legion and if you dislike..you are not forced to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arucado View Post
    every new expansion is worse and worse.
    2005 WoW was complete and utter shit compared to what the game is now. Maybe you aren't old enough to remember or you forgot. The legendaries and artifact weapons system kind of has sucked, but all in all, WoW is a better game now than ever. For example, M+ is the best thing that has ever happened to WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Did we play the same expansion? Just unsub and leave, no need to lie on MMOchamp and make out the game to be far worse than it is. No one cares.
    Yeah like what is this guy saying?!? Wasn’t my favorite expansion but definitely not as bad as OP claiming.

I enjoyed myself and have always felt like there’s something to do.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I agree on are legendary items drastically hurting those who want to try new things here and there while being a bit competitive. As well as PVP talents, which at first was horrible but thankfully they fixed it. However it still hurt for trying out alts since you needed to do that initial grind of 50 talents.

Overall I absolutely loved the expansion on my demon hunter, warlock, death knight, and paladin. I absolutely hated it on everything else that I play.

Deleted
    This is a similarily bad game design to mists of pandaria, where you had to run around and kill frogs that would one shot you with poison. Theres no sense of progression, you just do the same mindless repetitive actions again and again to grind whatever currency blizzard wants you to grind.
    Are people still butthurt about the frog grind? Jeez, just kill it before you get 10 stacks

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, Legion has been the best expansion so far.

Good? Hell no.
    Bad? Nah.
    Just mediocre? Hell yes.

Deleted
    snip
    In other words, an MMO game isn't very well suited to completely solo play.

More news at 11.

I mean, there's entitlement, and then there's being outraged about the fact that you were unable to gear without doing dungeons. But then they changed it so you could gear without doing dungeons and you were still unhappy. Maybe the only logical conclusion is that you don't like MMOs? Replay Baldur's Gate 2 or Witcher 3 or another single player game, I guess?

The Good

The storyline was decent. Blizzard makes some epic cinematics, and legion was no exception.
    Cinematics were okay.
    The storyline? It was average. Could be done better. The whole Illidan ressurection and DH class were like an ace upon the sleeve in case of the subscription loss. Illidan was one of the most anticipated hero to come back from death... same for the DH class.

Leveling was an awful experience. The quests were horribly bugged, would often guide you to a completely wrong location and they gave an absolute abysmal amount of experience. The content was rugged to a point where you would often have to take a detour just to get to the desired location.
    I liked WoD leveling much more, though it wasn't that bad. Still better than it was in MoP.
    WoD at least had the flow, you could see the progression across the continent. In legion? It didn't matter what region you started with.

Gearing up was a pain in the ass for a solo player after the expansion came out. As a solo player, you would have to go through an unecesarry amount of time waste just to get good enough gear for LFR. The quest rewards were so terrible that you would have to go through a ton of toxic random dungeons, use your professions to craft almost all your own gear, buy your gear from the auction house and you would constantly hit a wall trying to raise your ilvl.

It honestly didn't feel like a challenge, it just felt like you were wasting more time than you should gearing up. People were complaining about it so blizzard "adressed" it by letting you buy the gear instead with nethershards.

This is a similarily bad game design to mists of pandaria, where you had to run around and kill frogs that would one shot you with poison. Theres no sense of progression, you just do the same mindless repetitive actions again and again to grind whatever currency blizzard wants you to grind.
    I agree with the bolded part in 100%. Random gear for repetitive quests - I even liked gearing through dungeons much more.
    Can't say anything about solo gearing because I was gearing myself for the mythic raids with my guild though.

The Ugly

LFR is a joke. I realize that its supposed to be for beginners, but seriously. LFR in legion is so mind-numbingly boring and easy that you could literally go out in the kitchen, make a cup of coffe, come back and then pick up your loot. The bosses in LFR are masochists; they don't fight you back, they are just waiting with a cheeky smile for you to come and kill them and grab their treasure.
    Did it on my alt, it really sucked. Thought it's going to be more challenging like it was before(in MoP for example we needed 5/6 stack of determination for the first week of Lei Shen... and it was 1/3 guild group).

PvP is problably the worst of any expansion.
    I kinda agree. Overall the Prestige system is garbage for me. I miss PvP gear, it was a reward that I could work for.

Legendaries. We're being showered with them. I got my first legendary completely random from a boss in LFR. I didnt do anything to earn it myself, it just dropped randomly.

So im not going to go through a long questline, beat one of the hardest bosses in the game or do anything at all to rightfully earn myself a legendary? I just buy a lottery ticket and bam, theres my legendary. Are you kidding me?!

What's the point if you are just going to shower us with the best items in the game?
    I totally agree and was spreading my opinion all across the Internet.
    But it seems that casuals love getting their BISes without effort, so they could kill NPC in WQuests 0,5s faster.

(incoming "WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE WEAR?!?!!?!?!!?!!!" comments from LFR players who have no idea how this game works)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    oh look someone who also agrees with OP thus will obviously receive hate because of it :v
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I'm surprised by the amount of people being toxic assholes just because he has a differing opinion.
    And this is MMOChamp for you guys. Only 4/5 first comments matter, then rest of the lambs are going to follow the flow. They're not going to argument their opinions, they're just going to say "then unsub and play other game" or "no one cares about your opinion". Waste of internet... It always amazes me that people are not even trying to discuss, they're just wasting their time writing worthless comments, but who am I to judge? Maybe they don't have anything else to do with their lives?
    Last edited by Eazy; 2018-02-16 at 12:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every now and then you have these trolls popping up and spewing objective falsehoods with bail titles. OP is one of those.

Legion is without any shadow of doubt one of the best expansions WoW had, amount of effort put in Legion with its new systems such as M+ and artifacts, grandiose areas like Suramar and Argus and previously unheard multitudes of quest campaigns puts every other expansion to shame.

IMO the only expansion that is maybe coming close is MoP and that is chiefly because of the achievement of producing completely new lore from scratch and being successful about it.

Even the most skeptic person without loaded opinion can concede that Legion is definitely not even close to being worst expansion, because you had at least 2 expansions that were so terrible that it's almost shocking Legion is being bunched with them - Cataclysm and WoD.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2018-02-16 at 12:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So most of the players here seems to be praising legion to the skies, they can barely point out any problems with the expansion, and they have only positive words to say about it, to a point where it starts to become a little bit weird and slightly delusional.

I have a somewhat different opinion about legion, so im going to give my honest review of the game, just to throw some counterweight out there.

The Good

The storyline was decent. Blizzard makes some epic cinematics, and legion was no exception.

The Bad

Leveling was an awful experience. The quests were horribly bugged, would often guide you to a completely wrong location and they gave an absolute abysmal amount of experience. The content was rugged to a point where you would often have to take a detour just to get to the desired location.

This is straight up bad game design, but it doesnt stop at that.

Gearing up was a pain in the ass for a solo player after the expansion came out. As a solo player, you would have to go through an unecesarry amount of time waste just to get good enough gear for LFR. The quest rewards were so terrible that you would have to go through a ton of toxic random dungeons, use your professions to craft almost all your own gear, buy your gear from the auction house and you would constantly hit a wall trying to raise your ilvl.

It honestly didn't feel like a challenge, it just felt like you were wasting more time than you should gearing up. People were complaining about it so blizzard "adressed" it by letting you buy the gear instead with nethershards.

The Ugly

LFR is a joke. I realize that its supposed to be for beginners, but seriously. LFR in legion is so mind-numbingly boring and easy that you could literally go out in the kitchen, make a cup of coffe, come back and then pick up your loot. The bosses in LFR are masochists; they don't fight you back, they are just waiting with a cheeky smile for you to come and kill them and grab their treasure.

PvP is problably the worst of any expansion.

Legendaries. We're being showered with them. I got my first legendary completely random from a boss in LFR. I didnt do anything to earn it myself, it just dropped randomly.

So im not going to go through a long questline, beat one of the hardest bosses in the game or do anything at all to rightfully earn myself a legendary? I just buy a lottery ticket and bam, theres my legendary. Are you kidding me?!

What's the point if you are just going to shower us with the best items in the game?

Well that's my 2 cents, you may agree or disagree with. I haven't had a worse time playing wow for a seriously long time, and honestly, while playing legion, i had several occassions where i thought blizzard is wasting my time on purpose just so my subscription runs out so they can make some more money.

While some of the players here can barely get their hands down from excitement, i have to say that for me, legion was problably one of the worst expansions ever made in the franchise.
    Really happy too se more people dislike Legion.

I HATE Legion with all my heart, it's the worst by far they ever gave us. I support this thread 100%!!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    Not even close to worst expac. Your only true point is legion pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Every now and then you have these trolls popping up and spewing objective falsehoods with bail titles. OP is one of those.

Legion is without any shadow of doubt one of the best expansions WoW had, amount of effort put in Legion with its new systems such as M+ and artifacts, grandiose areas like Suramar and Argus and previously unheard multitudes of quest campaigns puts every other expansion to shame.

IMO the only expansion that is maybe coming close is MoP and that is chiefly because of the achievement of producing completely new lore from scratch and being successful about it.

Even the most skeptic person without loaded opinion can concede that Legion is definitely not even close to being worst expansion, because you had at least 2 expansions that were so terrible that it's almost shocking Legion is being bunched with them - Cataclysm and WoD.
    You seem just as much of a "troll" that OP with that logic. I don't think neither of you troll, but you can't praise your opinions like they are fact and denounce the OP.

We agree and disagree, all of us. I think Suramar is the WORST zone this game has EVER seen.

I think Cataclysm is BY FAR the best expansion.

I accept you think different, but stop it with the "OP is troll or baiter" stuff and realize some people hated Legion, like me and OP and MANY others.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

"Gearing up was a pain in the ass" and then "LFR is a joke. I realize that its supposed to be for beginners, but seriously. LFR in legion is so mind-numbingly boring and easy that you could literally go out in the kitchen, make a cup of coffe, come back and then pick up your loot." Nice try into making such a huge bait thread, i hope its troll/bait cause if it aint you better stop playing.