Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Were we really due for another "I don't like the game therefore it's dying and anyone that still plays it is a dumb-dumb" thread?
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Mythic Plus

The end
    mythic+ seriously is not all that great. unless you just want to keep running short term content for long term. literally... dungeons were designed for leveling and prepare yourself to raid. Now people are sitting in 3-4 out of the accessible 14 dungeons. Because it easier/more controllable yields than raids. I'd rather just do my world quests, occasionally que into dungeon/arenas and level a new toon(for heritage set). Rather than sit and chain run the same static environment, when you have so much other things to do. But you could always join the scrubs on the forums and complain about rep grinding because youre too busy running mythic+(for no actual real gains... just the same gains you got the week, like the week before. Like, the week before... like the week before.)
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    WoD started with over 10 million subscribers, and after the expansion's performance, this number collapsed to about 5 million and lower.

The remaining few million players are mostly passionate veterans of WoW, and because of this passion, any change is magnified. So they see 1 extra patch from WoD as extraordinary. Only problem is that these are mostly the only players remaining, so there is a bias towards threads portraying Legion being a good expansion, despite millions of dissatisfied players leaving in the last year or two who are not voicing their opinions since they are no longer around.

In summary, most of the remaining players are irrationally optimistic about the game which leads to a positive bias towards the quality of Legion.
    If you read some of the threads from back in WoD and even here through Legion, you will see that both new and old players have been leaving. The current experience also seems to cater to quite alot of new players, so i really think it is much closer to a 50/50 of people leaving instead of only the un-dedicated.

There is without a doubt a dedicated group of players in the game, just look at this website, but it is not like they are carrying the game or anything like that.

Besides, it is always the few million passinated players, who vote, write and comment on the game on the internet. That is not something that has changed. It is the same group of people both in WoD as in Legion. So if you think the only reason why people hate WoD and like Legion is because people are more optimistic now, i think you are very wrong about the demographic.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I can only offer my personal opinion which by no means speaks for anybody else.

It started for me at Blizzcon when WoD was announced. I started playing WoW in TBC times and had very fond memories of Outland in general so the idea of seeing what Draenor was like in the past was intriguing, however you could see in the Q&A session that a huge portion of the community (myself included) just didn't "get" the way they were planning the story out. Something about crossing timelines the way they did was just a bit, I don't know.. off? I guess it felt like they were shoe-horning a story in where it didn't really fit. That aside I still wanted to give it a chance. Then came the ability pruning. I still wanted to give it time and at first it was.. ok. (I still couldn't forgive the pruning) As time went on my friends started quitting the game in droves and I just realised I was bored standing in my garrison most of the time not being sociable and not really wanting to actually play any of the content. I tried leveling up some other classes but every time it was same thing.. I have to go through those leveling zones again, and I couldn't do it. Then as time went on there seemed to be more emphasis on garrison missions adding the shipyard etc and I just didn't like the direction it was going in. It was the first time since 2007 I had stopped my sub.

Then Blizzcon comes around and I'm at my friend's house watching it on stream when the Legion reveal comes up. Immediately I was invested and hyped up to high hell. I loved the idea of the artifact weapons, the story was interesting, I've always wanted to play a demon hunter. When I finally got to playing it on beta and eventually live it was a breath of fresh air compared to WoD. As the expansion went on raids came out in quick succession which were interesting (at the start at least) and outside of that there was plenty of "stuff" to do out in the game world and not stuck in my garrison. Mythic + is BY FAR the best thing blizz did to the game. I also quite enjoyed leveling up my alts again (once I got past the WoD areas at least). Overall I just feel like I have something pulling me back to the game in Legion compared to WoD, there's always a carrot on the stick with Legion. For me at least. Sure it's had it's issues, what expansion including Vanilla hasn't? I just feel like the good points of Legion vastly outweigh the bad, with WoD it was the other way around.

I don't understand, Legion had so many features. What more could you ask for.

easy question:

- WoD lacked on content patches
    - Biggest prob was no reward structure (appexis) so noone did existing content (like panser said correctly)
    - Literally WoD was raid or die. So, even the raiders had nothing to do, after raids.
    - No deep in any aspect of the world stuff of a mmorpg.
    - Multiverse bad guys theme was not received well

- Legion had content patches, even when they were not that great.
    - Legion had a working reward structure through AP, Titan essences, Argus argunite, broken shore crystals, etc.
    - AP and m+ dungeons give ppl something to do, outside raid or die.
    - Legion added small additional things back for mmorpg players, like riddles i.e. and many other small things
    - Burning Legion is core lore that many ppl waited for.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-02-16 at 01:05 PM.

WoD started with over 10 million subscribers, and after the expansion's performance, this number collapsed to about 5 million and lower.

The remaining few million players are mostly passionate veterans of WoW, and because of this passion, any change is magnified. So they see 1 extra patch from WoD as extraordinary. Only problem is that these are mostly the only players remaining, so there is a bias towards threads portraying Legion being a good expansion, despite millions of dissatisfied players leaving in the last year or two who are not voicing their opinions since they are no longer around.

In summary, most of the remaining players are irrationally optimistic about the game which leads to a positive bias towards the quality of Legion.
    I understand that you still need to cry about this video game on forums. Unfortunately for you, this has been a great expansion. But the bigger problem is that if you look around you - your former peers have all since grown up, are managing their lives in one way or the other, while life is passing you by and you're still this weird dude who gets really worked up over video games and doesn't seem to know or care about anything else. Only fatter.

Legion was a step in the right direction. It had good and awful things. Like most xpacs. It was a great step up after WoD, but the matter of fact is, that a lot of WoW players have played forever. And they come and go. I have played since Vanilla, but I haven't stayed for an entire xpac since Cata. After that I was burned out and only played a bit of MoP and WoD. I came back for Legion, raided out Nighthold and quit right before Broken Shore came. And now I play again at the end of the expansion. I have fun, doing the mage towers and stuff, very casually. I think Legion was solid. And they had cool ideas. I think the legendary system was a cool idea, executed extremely bad. Having items that alters your playstyle and improves or changes spells is really cool. I am looking forward to BFA, because Legion had interesting things, interesting systems with both legendaries and artifacts, no matter if they were executed badly, they were cool ideas. And the storytelling have been great, I loved Suramar and I look forward to explore the stories in the next expansion because of it.

It was better yup. But i must say.....Okay i am about the get laughed at. I miss garrisons!

Nevermind this...

Activision Blizzard's quarterly financial results: "Blizzard delivered record segment revenues and operating income for a year with no major game
    release, as they continued to deliver continuous content across franchises including Overwatch, Hearthstone, and World of Warcraft®."

http://investor.activision.com/results.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Actually, they are not.

Current:
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weekly...hp?serverid=-1
    Average around ~400

2016/07/30 (Legion released 2016/08/30):
    https://web.archive.org/web/20160730...hp?serverid=-1
    Average around ~300

And this has been a recurrent trend throughout Legion. Of course, one would argue that this is simply caused by Legion having a lot more to do than WoD (World quests, Mythic dungeons). Nevertheless, the player activity is significantly higher.

See above. Got any source proving otherwise?
    Follow your own links and click the "weekly player activity". It's down about the same 20 range for both.
    Admitedly, it's more "comparable to WoD" than "lower than WoD", but on the other hand it's comparing the very extreme end of WoD (september 2016) to Legion when there is still at least six months left to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I think that's obvious. WoD had too much ambition and couldn't deliver. It was felt by both Blizzard and the playerbase. They didn't make the mistake a second time with Legion and was back on track with delivering on par to other expansions in terms of at least quality and quantity of features in equal measure.

With all of the team changes and stuff, one could assume that WoD and it's way of doing shit was felt by the company and went on a rampage to mash shit up inside.
    WoD was one of those brilliant ideas you come up with while high, then you sober up and realize that idea is retarded. It took Blizzard too long to sober up, and the expansion went out with a whimper and has been swept under the rug at this point, more or less.

Thats so hilarious that someone even looks at WarcraftRealms as reliable statistical data. lol
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

wod>legion for me
    I'll take un-butchered class design over content.
    they massacred some specs for no reason and left some mostly alone. there is no consistency and it shows with the lack of direction and "balance."

wod = prune from mop but reasonable after bloat
    legion = prune/rework classes that didnt need it
    bfa = dont rework classes but they need it; prune 3.0

if I couldnt pay for sub with gold I would have been long gone.

classes should be fun, engaging, and not have ridiculous disparity in class role performance. regardless of content.
    shouldn't have to wait for the next expansion to maybe fix the current expansion's problems that were called out in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantais View Post
    They literally gave you everything you could wish for in the expansion, but you are still going to complain just for the sake of complaining.
    Pot, meet kettle.

Because it wasn't based on anime pandas.

Well the subscriber numbers definitely aren't increasing. And if they're decreasing that only further proves my point. And if they're stabilising that is mostly the irrational veteran playerbase.

So either way the writing is on the wall for Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't need to prove claims that I never made.
    Claim chowder. Provide sources that prove your claims please.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Follow your own links and click the "weekly player activity". It's down about the same 20 range for both.
    Admitedly, it's more "comparable to WoD" than "lower than WoD", but on the other hand it's comparing the very extreme end of WoD (september 2016) to Legion when there is still at least six months left to go down.
    Faction or Class activity should turn out identical results on average if the data is solid, the big difference being it's a lot easier to "eye measure" the average between 2 lines than it is to do the same for 12 lines.

The data on the graph goes as far back as April 2015. Patch 6.2 (Hellfire Citadel) was released in June 2015. So it's not really the very extreme end, it's the entirety of its end since the last big patch (which is essentially the position Legion is at the moment).

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    mythic+ seriously is not all that great. unless you just want to keep running short term content for long term. literally... dungeons were designed for leveling and prepare yourself to raid. Now people are sitting in 3-4 out of the accessible 14 dungeons. Because it easier/more controllable yields than raids. I'd rather just do my world quests, occasionally que into dungeon/arenas and level a new toon(for heritage set). Rather than sit and chain run the same static environment, when you have so much other things to do. But you could always join the scrubs on the forums and complain about rep grinding because youre too busy running mythic+(for no actual real gains... just the same gains you got the week, like the week before. Like, the week before... like the week before.)
    I can like whatever i want however i want for whatever reason i want you sanctimonious cunt

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    I can like whatever i want however i want for whatever reason i want you sanctimonious cunt
    LOL didnt say anything that you couldnt like it. I just stated my opinion that its not that great. Good representation mythic+ player.