Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You realize most of the protests against dog festivals is because they keep dogs trapped in crowded cages for weeks, traveling long distance to skin them alive and throw them into boiling water? Not because they eat them, this thread is badly worded from the start. Do you do that to chickens as well? Then yea you are a psycho with no empathy.

And yes being the provider of food is a big deal for pets. But you can make a connection with any animal that goes beyond being a provider and can be very meaninful for both parties. I mean dogs have literally died from stress after their owners have past on. They didnt go out to look for more food. They died from trauma from losing their human, and there are many cases of this happening all over the world. Chill out man
    It happens to almost all animals that are farmed for food. They're all in tight spaces, standing in their own feces. But who cares, they don't know wtf is going on until they get their necks twisted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    And thats a fine way to think, but why stop at humans? They are animals too, nothing more certainly. Love is just a chemical in the brain, infact dogs release the same chemical when they look at humans they have bonded with as humans look at their kids. So some humans would die for you, big deal. Dogs will often do that too so its not a big deal. Is it the opposable thumb thats holding you back? Can always just not eat that part.

Just what is it about humans that you will not eat them too?
    I'd probably try human too tbh if it wasn't so morally wrong and illegal, or seemingly repulsive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    What's wrong with eating dog?
    Well, most vegetarians and vegans will tell you how barbaric and uneducated it is to eat pigs or cows, so it's just a matter of perspective. Breeding and eating animals is equal for all animals in the planet. We would eat cute pandas if they could be bred. I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

Deleted
    Btw not sure about cat's 100% but even domesticated pig's will eat you if you die ... heck they will eat there own dead without blinking an eye, i had pig's t home when i wass little. Ya sure some dog will eat you to , but mostly only stray and very undernourished dog's by my knowlage.

Ya people can have pigs as pet's and they are cute any everything... but as a companion dog's are far more loyal and better, at hunting, guarding home's livestock, (evern seen a pig guarding other pigs from predator's?) etc...

EDIT:

I will not say "not judging anyone", coz in a way I will, this will be rude to people but...
    I see lots of "white knighting" there own awesomeness how they are not hypocritical and they could eat a dog or cat... and everyone else lies coz if they were hungry and starving they would too eat a dog.... well mister/misses you all could suck someone's genitalia forcibly , coz there could be a gun pointed to your head and under life treating conditions you would oblige to that, soooo by that logic you all and me included would suck male genitalia or whatever.

yes, of course we could eat something like dog's we filthy westerners if forced to, but pls don't make your self in a way so morally and humanly superior to others just coz you say or did eat a dog and therefore in your mind exclud your self and your ego by thinking your not the same as other people.
    And yes there is stuff that if its culturally normal should not be approved by common sense , slavery and gladiatory fight were normal and morally acceptable one time in history
    Last edited by mmoc1e09114525; 2018-02-16 at 12:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    As a concept, there's nothing wrong with eating dog.
    In practice however, it's often done in reprehensible ways that cause undue pain and suffering on the animal.
    This exactly.

Deleted
    Isnt the rule in general not to eat that eats meat?

Nothing wrong with it. I ate some in China and it was really nice. Cooked a lovely chilli sauce bbq'd on a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    As a concept, there's nothing wrong with eating dog.
    In practice however, it's often done in reprehensible ways that cause undue pain and suffering on the animal.
    Many of the practicioners believe the more pain the dog experiences the better the flavor, its some really sick stuff.

Another problem is when you're dealing with parts of the world so steeped in their own cultural heritage, it would be difficult to say, open up a competitor that treats the animals well and advertises as such, probably costing more as well.

Anyways, nothing wrong with eating dogs, unless you don't like the flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    The fish world would like to have a word with you.

Everyone screaming about dogs being boiled alive and such. I'd bet money at some point you ate meat (if you aren't a vegitard) that was not treated humanely. You didn't know, you didn't care, you didn't even think about it as you ate it. Why the fuck do you care? You're going to CONSUME the thing. You are considering your life more important than theirs, it doesn't matter what someone did to the animal that you didn't see, that you have no control over. Get off your high horse. It isn't your job to butcher the meat that you eat, unless it is, then I applaud you because I could never put myself through that.

I don't care if the animal I eat is surgically cut apart while it's still alive in excruciating pain. Someone ELSE is going to have to live with the fact they did that. I didn't do it. As long as the meat is tasty, isn't diseased or anything, I don't care how it gets to me.

It just blows my mind, the silly things people try to stick their morality to. "I'm going to have an animal killed so I can eat it, but I care how it was killed!" Humans are so bizarre.
    It blows my mind how such an utter sociopath you are.

This right here, people, is the epitome of an edgelord. You think it's bizarre people have feelings to animals? Empathy?

Lol, you're a joke.

Not the first time you went on a rambling rant on how people shouldn't care when animals are tortured, or that it's no big deal, or that it's not anyone's business, etc. You're a fuckin' sicko.
    Last edited by Kerplank; 2018-02-16 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerplank View Post
    It blows my mind how such an utter sociopath you are.

This right here, people, is the epitome of an edgelord. You think it's bizarre people have feelings to animals? Empathy?

Lol, you're a joke.

Not the first time you went on a rambling rant on how people shouldn't care when animals are tortured, or that it's no big deal, or that it's not anyone's business, etc. You're a fuckin' sicko.
    The guy's an absolute cretin.

Once he said he had a friend who rescued injured pigeons, and whenever he'd post something related to that on Facebook, endersblade would post pictures of dead or dying pigeons in return.

Not surprised he's still posting this level of moronic shit. People should wise up to this guy.

Dogs have evolved alongside man for a long time, so it makes sense that most people find eating dog more repulsive than other animals.

Pigs are tasty and useless just like me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Well, most vegetarians and vegans will tell you how barbaric and uneducated it is to eat pigs or cows, so it's just a matter of perspective. Breeding and eating animals is equal for all animals in the planet. We would eat cute pandas if they could be bred. I don't think there's anything wrong with it.
    I like my meat but I don't want to eat dolphins.

Or gorillas.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    This is partly the result of the nihilistic mindset that is sweeping the west. Goes something like: Why should people be empathetic? It does not make them money, and it's too complicated to think about. Do what you want as long as its legal (or you can get away with it) and feels good!
    I'm not sure if it's "sweeping", but he seems to have his wires crossed:
    Just as animals in the wild defend their territory, so do humans with theirs. Any animal that enters that territory is subject to extreme measures to ensure the safety of our personal space. I really don't understand how you guys don't get this, or why you seem to think it's so bad. Animals do it, we do it. If you derive pleasure from torturing invading animals, well, that's your thing.

Mice, rats, these things are pests. Period, end of discussion. Anyone who thinks otherwise should have their head examined. I'm not talking about the ones people keep as pets, which I just find bizarre in itself anyway, I'm talking about the ones that infest areas and spread disease and in general just wreck a place. They should be exterminated with extreme prejudice.

It just reminds me of an ex-friend I had, that was part of a pigeon rescue. A PIGEON RESCUE. Flying fucking rats. He got really pissed off with me when I started posting videos and pictures of people killing them for every picture or video he'd post of them being saved. Where he lives, pigeons aren't near the issue they are elsewhere. Go rescue pigeons in NYC, see how long you last before they linch your ass.

Again, how is it anyone's business if you want to 'torture' pests? We're not talking about people's pets here. We're talking about animals that are literally a dime a dozen or more. Things nobody wants in their homes. Would you prefer they did it to pets? To humans?
    Whattaguy.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Eating Shark fins, and killing 100 million sharks a year is much worse then ANY animal being eaten that's bred for consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonballgtz View Post
    In nature animals get eaten alive. So I have no problem with any animal, that's for dinner, getting boiled alive.
    Naturalistic fallacy. Just because it happens in nature does not means humans should practice it.

I assume you're smarter than a lion or a bear or any animal that eats something alive. I guess not, after reading this comment.

People who don't have a problem with animals being tortured are just being sociopathic, stupid, edgy or a combination of all.

10+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty. Nothing. Culturally they served a different purpose for some regions and in earlier times may have been a last resort in those regions.

Now excuse me while I say how bad the people who eat dogs are while I eat this bacon

nomnnomnomn

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    The fish world would like to have a word with you.

Everyone screaming about dogs being boiled alive and such. I'd bet money at some point you ate meat (if you aren't a vegitard) that was not treated humanely. You didn't know, you didn't care, you didn't even think about it as you ate it. Why the fuck do you care? You're going to CONSUME the thing. You are considering your life more important than theirs, it doesn't matter what someone did to the animal that you didn't see, that you have no control over. Get off your high horse. It isn't your job to butcher the meat that you eat, unless it is, then I applaud you because I could never put myself through that.

I don't care if the animal I eat is surgically cut apart while it's still alive in excruciating pain. Someone ELSE is going to have to live with the fact they did that. I didn't do it. As long as the meat is tasty, isn't diseased or anything, I don't care how it gets to me.

It just blows my mind, the silly things people try to stick their morality to. "I'm going to have an animal killed so I can eat it, but I care how it was killed!" Humans are so bizarre.
    Are you under some sort of false impression that us humans arent emotionally attached to things?
    Have the concept of owning pets and the bond between dogs and humans slipped by you unnoticed?
    This might come as a suprise to you but morality isnt objective, its 100% subjective.
    And ppl obejct to the notion of eating dogs just sa they also obejct to the notion of cannibalism, and both for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Are you under some sort of false impression that us humans arent emotionally attached to things?
    Have the concept of owning pets and the bond between dogs and humans slipped by you unnoticed?
    This might come as a suprise to you but morality isnt objective, its 100% subjective.
    And ppl obejct to the notion of eating dogs just sa they also obejct to the notion of cannibalism, and both for the same reason.
    It's funny. He has the audacity to shitcan people for having values and empathy for other animals, yet he can't butcher an animal he'll eat. No values. No integrity. A coward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    In all honesty. Nothing.
    I used to like you Genn.

Used to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I used to like you Genn.

Used to.
    Well..... who are you again?