Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by j4y3eon View Post
    Why does everyone think, that kul'tira will be a race?
    Basically, people think this because it would thematically fit the expansion. That's about it, really.

Wasn't it confirmed that all races use the same skeleton now?

My guess is they'll do Ravenholdt Noble and you need exalted with Ravenholdt to unlock them

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Batch Two
    Alliance: Broken Draenei
    Horde: Snake people
    H O R D E ... H E L P S ... V U L P E R A ... A G A I N S T ... T H E ... S N A K E ... P E O P L E thus no cobra people joining the Horde. Vulpera are joining the Horde. Get over it! *Unleashes his nonexisting furry fetish-self*

My predictions:

We will get a total of 12 Allied Races.

Four are already available (A/H):
    Lightforged Draenei / Highmountain Tauren
    Void elves / Nightborne

Two more will be available in 8.0:
    Dark Iron Dwarves / Zandalari

Then, for each patch step (either major or minor patch, not sure), we get two more:
    8.1.X: Kul Tirans / Mag'har
    8.2.X: ??? / Vulpera
    8.3.X: ??? / ???

(Another possibility, but less likely: we get four races at release, so move Kul Tirans / Mag'har up for release, and the other races come in 8.1.X and 8.2.X)

This will cap the allied race banners in the character creation screen. 12 races over the course of the expansion.

Now, which will be the three unknown races?
    I'll risk that the Horde one will be undead-based (not sure if Nathanos-like undead, undead elves [unlikely], kvaldir [unlikely] or not quite undead but something based on undead model).

The Alliance ones I have no idea. Would be cool to have Broken there, but not sure we would get another draenei-based race. One of the races will probably be worgen-based (I'd particularly like if they managed to use worgen model/animations as a basis for furbolgs, but that's personal opinion, not prediction).
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2018-02-16 at 01:29 PM.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    They killed Mankirk's wife! Those crimes will never be forgiven!

In the Broken Tusk in OG I may have overheard that back then she was cheating on him with Gamon

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    H O R D E ... H E L P S ... V U L P E R A ... A G A I N S T ... T H E ... S N A K E ... P E O P L E thus no cobra people joining the Horde. Vulpera are joining the Horde. Get over it! *Unleashes his nonexisting furry fetish-self*
    That can still be retconned, we're still in Alpha.

The furries must be destroyed.

Deleted
    With all the ideas we have in here we should change the names of the factions to: The Commonwealth of the Horde or the Imperial Allies. Since we're apparently being somewhat imperialistic lol.

On subject I want
    1) Tuskkar (Cause omg!)
    2) Sporregar (Cause more cuteness)
    3) Vulpera (Aww)
    4) Fulborg (Cause huggable fluffy dog people rock)
    5) Kobold (Cause they need allies to protect their candles).

I think you will find my list quite comprehensive. I shall look forward to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    That can still be retconned, we're still in Alpha.

The furries must be destroyed.
    I hope they will make it to the expansion and once you recruit them, the first thing they will have to do to pledge their allegiance to the Horde will be a request to track down Tyrande and eat her head off (I mean this is Warcraft and the Horde, not some kindergarten - I can be harsh).
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2018-02-16 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Guess you don't watch much blizz podcasts and interviews.
    They said they basically wanted the designers to come up with some crazy ideas, forget some racial rules to make it fit a faction, add whatever you want.

Which ended up with the spider, squid, manta ray, and the fox mount.

Vulperas are seemingly popular simply because they are tailor-made for furries, who are very vocal. Fucking fennec people, who would have known.

As a matter of fact, some people were this excited about pandaren too, expecting some kawaii animu visuals, but blizz made them those ugly obese annoying mouthbreathing miscreants, but now with the vulpera, they seem to be embracing their furry fans and going all out. Also it's probably the new employees responsible for this, can't imagine any of the old farts from the Sons of the Storm bunch coming up with this crap.
    I'm not a furry and I like Vulpera and Pandaren so ... Some people just like how races look and their lore (i loved pandaren lore for example). I love Tauren too, who are also a beast race that has existed at least since warcraft 3 (and thus not a result of new employees). Not everything is a conspiracy to appease furries, I think you are widely overestimating the numbers of furries playing wow.
    I get that you don't agree with my theories, as I said, it's really farfetched and more of a hunch than anything else, so it's understandable. I'm not claiming it to be a well substantiated theory, but I still don't think that them saying they wanted variety in their designs contradicts it. They are always looking for ways to be efficient, like Garrosh's model ending up being the foundation for updated orc player models.The idea that they came up with different designs that they liked, and decided to use them for something more instead of designing new stuff, falls in line with other demonstrations of efficience that blizz has shown in the past. I'm very likely wrong, but I guess we will find out if we see Furbolg being introduced resembling the druid mage tower form.
    And finally, I also don't agree with most of what you said, so I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I'm not a furry and I like Vulpera and Pandaren so ... Some people just like how races look and their lore (i loved pandaren lore for example). I love Tauren too, who are also a beast race that has existed at least since warcraft 3 (and thus not a result of new employees). Not everything is a conspiracy to appease furries, I think you are widely overestimating the numbers of furries playing wow.
    I get that you don't agree with my theories, as I said, it's really farfetched and more of a hunch than anything else, so it's understandable. I'm not claiming it to be a well substantiated theory, but I still don't think that them saying they wanted variety in their designs contradicts it. They are always looking for ways to be efficient, like Garrosh's model ending up being the foundation for updated orc player models.The idea that they came up with different designs that they liked, and decided to use them for something more instead of designing new stuff, falls in line with other demonstrations of efficience that blizz has shown in the past. I'm very likely wrong, but I guess we will find out if we see Furbolg being introduced resembling the druid mage tower form.
    And finally, I also don't agree with most of what you said, so I guess we'll agree to disagree.
    I agree with you, I like pandarens for the same reason as you do and I am really hyped over the Vulperas. Even if I don't demand furry shit and actually don't even know what furry really is beside sexually fetishizing some human-animal hybrids (that might actually be pretty much it I guess).

I also don't get the hate about that they weren't seen or mentioned in the Warcraft lore before. I mean an universum like this is most likely being expanded in the future, right? That can't be a surprise to anyone. It's not even a retcon and it's not like they scrapped (f.e.) the Night elves and changed them to Vulpera during a night, right? They are an addition to the world and its newest story. I don't see that as a problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Keep dreaming, they're not about to have one of the most powerful human nations pledge themselves to the alliance and not be playable. The Kul'tiran models have a lot of work done on them, they're an entirely different model to the humans you know.

They also make the most sense alliance story wise, what other ideas do you have?
    If you mean the phat and thin models, they won't be used because they have different proportions and would mean redoing the gear for everyone(just not sure about thin humans, they may use forsaken animation, but what is the point of those as a race?). Being fat or thin is not being another race. It is likely regular Kul'tirans would be what we get and theres really little difference between that and stormwing humans. It's a waste of a spot. It's not like theres even a special skin color or tatoo to diferentiate them. So, i'm still crossing my fingers Blizz doesn't go with them. They really wouldn't add anything.

- - - Updated - - -

That avatar... fitting.

Theres vulpera in kul'tiras aswell. The pirate ones. You also don't know how this "horde helps" is gonna end up, as you don't know what happens in the alliance campaign when they go to zandalar. So... shut up? Don't give facts you don't have.

It is likely, but theres nothing confirmed. The horde mark on the files is just cause they are NPC's on hordes questing line. I said that cause i know you were gonna try to bring it up.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-02-16 at 02:31 PM.

The new wolf mount is listed as the Mag'har Direwolf, which implies we are actually getting the brown-skinned Outland Orcs as a playable race, not the Draenor Orcs. This makes sense to me, as Blizz should probably cut all ties to their disaster of a time travel / alternate universe expansion.

In turn, I could see the Alliance getting access to the Broken from the Kurenei reputation. The Broken actually already have player gear mapped to their current models which you can see using the Ashtongue toy, so all they have to do is update the model appearances. [Though, I hate the way the shoulders look on Broken so I hope they change those.]

Why Outland would suddenly care about Azeroth, I don't really know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    The new wolf mount is listed as the Mag'har Direwolf, which implies we are actually getting the brown-skinned Outland Orcs as a playable race, not the Draenor Orcs. This makes sense to me, as Blizz should probably cut all ties to their disaster of a time travel / alternate universe expansion.
    Dont think it will be outland orcs. Why? Because they have found the map of old gorgrond in newish and Mag'har from alternative draenor does make sense, because mag'har is translated to "uncorrupted ones", would also in my opinion fit better, because we could get a few more skins then like blackrock orcs, shattered hand ect

The outland ones aren't updated and the only skin would be brown.

Quote Originally Posted by j4y3eon View Post
    Dont think it will be outland orcs. Why? Because they have found the map of old gorgrond in newish and Mag'har from alternative draenor does make sense, because mag'har is translated to "uncorrupted ones", would also in my opinion fit better, because we could get a few more skins then like blackrock orcs, shattered hand ect

The outland ones aren't updated and the only skin would be brown.
    1- The Gorgrond map can be used for some kind of dream quest or shamanic stuff (like the Lightforged Draenei trial). It may not be the actual location we visit to recruit the race. The fact that they used an alpha version of Gorgrond may be a hint that these orcs won't be the same as the alt!Draenor ones.

2- Mag'har are comprised of remnants of several clans. Including Warsong and Bleeding Hollow. This means they can also have a amalgam of cultural traits of alt!Draenor orcs, like Bleeding hollow and Warsong tatoos, for instance. In way, Mag'har can be almost anything the alt!orcs could be.

3- Dark Iron dwarves had only one skin and no flaming beards before getting their allied race model. Just because the only mag'har skin right now is plain brown does not mean playable mag'har will be limited to that.

4- Using mag'har means updating old TBC lore (and bringing much needed news from Outland) while avoiding the transdimensional WoD mess.

So, nothing is certain right now, but don't judge the Outland orcs out yet.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2018-02-16 at 03:02 PM.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    May as well throw my hat into the ring.

Ogres - Horde: Full race
    High elves - Alliance: Full race
    Vrykul - Alliance: Full race
    Dragonkin - Alliance: Full race
    Saurok - Horde: Full race
    Sethrak - Horde: Allied race
    Jinyu - Alliance: Allied race
    Hozen - Horde: Allied race
    Taunka - Horde: Allied race
    Tuskarr - Horde: Full race
    Yaungol - Horde: Allied race
    Wildhammer - Alliance: Allied race
    Furbolg - Alliance: Full race
    Farakki - Horde: Allied race
    Revantusk - Horde: Allied race
    Gnoll - Horde: Allied race
    Arrakoa - Horde: Full race
    Ethreal - Alliance: Full race
    Mechagnome - Alliance: Allied race
    Frostborne - Alliance: Allied race
    Earthen - Alliance: Allied race
    Iron dwarf - Alliance: Allied race
    Dragonmaw clan - Horde: Allied race
    Blackrock clan - Horde: Allied race
    San'layn - Horde: Allied race
    Mok'nathal - Horde: Allied race
    Broken - Alliance: Allied race
    Amani - Horde: Allied race
    Kul Tiran - Alliance: Allied race
    Frost Vrykul - Alliance: Allied race
    Arathi - Alliance: Allied race

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    May as well throw my hat into the ring.

Ogres - Horde: Full race
    High elves - Alliance: Full race
    Vrykul - Alliance: Full race
    Dragonkin - Alliance: Full race
    Saurok - Horde: Full race
    Sethrak - Horde: Allied race
    Jinyu - Alliance: Allied race
    Hozen - Horde: Allied race
    Taunka - Horde: Allied race
    Tuskarr - Horde: Full race
    Wildhammer - Alliance: Allied race
    Furbolg - Alliance: Full race
    Farakki - Horde: Allied race
    Revantusk - Horde: Allied race
    Gnoll - Horde: Allied race
    Arrakoa - Horde: Full race
    Ethreal - Alliance: Full race
    Mechagnome - Alliance: Allied race
    Frostborne - Alliance: Allied race
    Earthen - Alliance: Allied race
    Iron dwarf - Alliance: Allied race
    Dragonmaw clan - Horde: Allied race
    Blackrock clan - Horde: Allied race
    San'layn - Horde: Allied race
    Mok'nathal - Horde: Allied race
    Broken - Alliance: Allied race
    Amani - Horde: Allied race
    Kul Tiran - Alliance: Allied race
    Frost Vrykul - Alliance: Allied race
    Arathi - Alliance: Allied race
    Why high elf is full race while gnoll and hozen allied? if we follow the current pattern...

10+ Year Old Account
    Purely hypothetical.

Deleted
    If we're going by the people already inside the Horde/Alliance Embassies, I think Mogu/Jinyu by way of the Pandarens might be in the pipeline. While Hozen were the Horde-affiliated race in Mists, they just seem infeasible as they're too far from the existing races. The Mogu are reworked Draenei, so that'll be easier. Just make up a Mogu tribe that wasn't as hostile as the regular ones to tie it in with Ji Firepaw and voilà, Horde Mogu. Horde gets another paladin race and Alliance gets another shaman race.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Put in all your votes here ladies and gents. Predict all of the future Allied Races!
    NEXT UP....
    1. H - Draenor Orc / A - Kul'Tiran Human
    2. H - Revantusk Forest Trolls / A - Wildhammer Dwarves
    3. H - Sethrakk (worgen skeleton) / A - Vulpera (goblin skeleton)
    4. H - New Forsaken (Sylvanas/Nathanos with skin) / A - Mechagnomes
    5. H & A - Tuskarr (Pandaren Allied Race)
    1. I definitely think that Draenor orc and Kul'Tiran Human would become allied races for Horde and Alliance. So point to them each!

2. But I don't think Raventusk or Wildhammer Dwarves will be not added as of yet, since we already geting each a new dwarf and troll, it would perhaps be a little to soon? So no points there.

3. Switch them around, Vulpera for the Horde, and Sethrek for the Alliance. As it says that the Horde are helping the Vulpera and geting a reputation bar with them, this would also be a good chance to give a more sadistic or a more moraly questionable race to the Alliance. However, they could switch in the end, but I am pretty sure Horde gets Vulpera while Alliance Sethrek, at least I hope so. Point to each, just switch factions with them~

4. Noooot sure about that, I mean, giving the Horde a human model? Not entirely sure about that honestly. And as much as I hate an other elf model would be added, it would generat alot of money with a "Forsaken Elf!" Model option. So maybe, but not sure. But I do definently think that Mechagnomes can be a thing! But seems very WIERD and off, but it could work, I mean, Blizzard have done some wierd things in the lore the past years so, why not? So point there again.

5. As much as we want them, I don't think that Tuskarr will be a playable race. I could be wrong! And if I am, I got no problem with it~! But I will give no points there.

Summary:
    1. Yes - Yes
    2. No - No(But later perhaps)
    3. Yes - Yes(Just switch factions with them)
    4. Maybe - Maybe
    5. No(I don't mind if I am wrong though)

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Vulperas are seemingly popular simply because they are tailor-made for furries, who are very vocal. Fucking fennec people, who would have known.

As a matter of fact, some people were this excited about pandaren too, expecting some kawaii animu visuals, but blizz made them those ugly obese annoying mouthbreathing miscreants, but now with the vulpera, they seem to be embracing their furry fans and going all out. Also it's probably the new employees responsible for this, can't imagine any of the old farts from the Sons of the Storm bunch coming up with this crap.
    You do know, that Samwise Didier, senior art director at Blizzard Entertainment, the first memeber of the Sons of the Storm, drawn alot of anthropomorphic Pandas even before Mists of Pandaria become a thing? And then eventually lead to become Mists of Pandaria. Along with other Sons of the Storm members which togather made the concept art for mists of Pandaria.

Perhaps you should look up all info before making such bold statements.

wtf is blood gnome
    Some asspull race Blizzard comes up with in 30 seconds because they spent nearly all the development time on the races they plan on giving to the Horde.

It will be gnomes that harness the power of the blood god G'huun using technology which fucks up and turns them into Blood Gnomes.