Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    The truth is, first aid is outdated and irrelevant with the amount of self healing classes have. So who cares? I haven’t used first aid since Cata.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    It's the part where they are removing things that made WoW once.. well WoW.
    What's next? Removing fishing because let's be honest here, who fishes?
    And cooking and so on.

They could had improved it, make it relevant.
    at no point whatsoever was Wow made by first aid
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

First aid is annoyingly redundant considering how useless its output is.

Why use cooking mats or tailor mats to make bandages/salves I'll never need when I can use those mats for actual useful items?

Also, in a world with alchemists that make healing potions, why have first aid?

I'm all for a meaningful revamp of the profession, but I certainly won't cry over it going away either.

Deleted
    So many people here missed the point. If they remove something form the game it removes gameplay, character progression etc. So people here say "its no longer relevant" but that's not the point. It can be changed to make it relevant. One day they could give so much passive healing it removes the need for healers. Would that show the healers are "no longer relevant" or illustrate a fault in game design?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    For Legion, first aid was just a way to give you some extra quests to heal some dudes and feel good and get some skill, the bandages themselves were outdated so fast when people hit millions of health.

I got the achievement for 800 on like 1 character and just don't feel the need to get it on other characters.

Removing FA, great idea imo.

I do think alchemy healing potions should be buffed for low levels, or just heal a fixed % and have a max-level (so you can't use the lowest level cheapest ones at high level).
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-16 at 03:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    dd healing and mana potions, not sharing the same CD as power potions make seperate ones for pvp and pve. Make bandages usable only out side of combat (for pvp) and allow for a quicker full heal to replace stopping/eating (who eats that much really?). perhaps add some defibrillator mechanic through a special quest.

add certain debuff clearing potions, allowing for boss or raid mechanics that does massive poison damage if not healed through a potion or whatever.
    add triage transmog sets, either through achievements or simply allowing them to be created or collected.
    add "nurse" or "Doctor" or whatever, titles

sure, this takes away from alchemy, engineering and tailoring, but not to much wrong with that imho.

might be adding complexity for the sake of complexity, especially for in regards to the boss fights - but having the option to heal lethal poison in out door zones allows for adding said poison in out door zones, perhaps making the leveling a bit more dynamic in the process as well.
    I appreciate your post, but you can see that it's a lot of hussle for saving a secondary profession so long outdated.
    For example, why not add a First Aid branch in the profession you mentioned? A first aid specialization in alchemy, engineering and tailoring. Not only you have improved not 1, but 2 profession (primary) in this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Ahahaha yeah first aid is WoW selling point: "Hey lady let me tell you something...... we have first aid.". /s

Oh and in 13 pages i still need to find a post that actually explain how to improve First Aid. The only thing i see it's "Boost the healing". Wow, very engaging, interestingand complex!
    Did i said it was a selling point? I was something you would say. U would have a list of features that WoW had and tell it to new comers. But nowadays u just say "Nah this game is mostly for PvE, if you feel like doing casual pve, u can do LFR, if u wanna try something harder, u can try the same thing but in 3 different difficulties" and then they be like "wait isn't hat something like Diablo?" and u be like, yeah it is! "Ah didn't diablo die?" and u be like, yeah..

Add stuff, not remove stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    So many people here missed the point. If they remove something form the game it removes gameplay, character progression etc. So people here say "its no longer relevant" but that's not the point. It can be changed to make it relevant. One day they could give so much passive healing it removes the need for healers. Would that show the healers are "no longer relevant" or illustrate a fault in game design?
    Devil's advocate here, since I'm all on board with keeping First Aid around if it is or becomes relevant -

How would you make it relevant?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Good, now do the same with mining (rolled into BS, Eng, and JC), herbalism (rolled into Alch and Insc) and skinning and don't wait until 9.0 to do so.
    I'd love to see this done but I doubt they'd do it because of the implication.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    The truth is, first aid is outdated and irrelevant with the amount of self healing classes have. So who cares? I haven’t used first aid since Cata.
    fact is it is not BUT to notice that youa ctually have to PLAY the game and not ONLY the latest raid. like the heal drake in icc ....

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Alchemy already has potions. And out of combat is covered by food. Honestly First Aid has been useless since Wrath.
    I used to love healing the dragon in ICC as a warlock, made me feel like I had purpose that I could toss a bandage on when all the adds were dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah, remember the branches of Pandaria cooking? Each one had their own separate skill points? The way I read it it looks like each xpac is going to have their own 1-75 or 1-100 skillup. So if you start brand new in BfA you can level BfA professions right away, then go back and do the others for completion if you want. No need to grind out 800+ points before you get to stuff that's useful currently.
    Yeah, exactly what I was saying, or meant at least.
    Always thought it was weird how they couldn't have done the same for other professions fter "lol craft at skill 1" Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Devil's advocate here, since I'm all on board with keeping First Aid around if it is or becomes relevant -

How would you make it relevant?

I think it would be cool if they brought back world debuffs with long durations (10+ minutes). And have different first aid items for removing curses, diseases, etc. They could even add something that removes 1 magic debuff making it relatively dungeon/raid useful, and usable in pvp.

Another thing they could do is have bandages remove bleed effects. Also, they need to not break on damage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    --snip--
    Holy crap, what a load of nonsense and personal attacks.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I see people posting about how they could have made First Aid more interesting but then don't post any ideas so I decided to come up with a few ideas. I think First Aid could be a great profession for solo players without a healer. All of these concepts are for solo players in the outdoor world. These will not work for dungeons, raids or PvP.

Salves
    Salves are damage and effect reduction buffs that last for 1 Hour.
    Anti-Toxin Salve - Apply a salve to your skin, reducing the damage and duration of Poison and Disease effects by 50% for 1 hour.
    Anti-Inflammatory Salve - Apply a salve to your skin, reducing the damage and duration of Burn effects by 50% for 1 hour.
    Blood-clotting Salve - Apply a salve to your skin, reducing the damage and duration of Bleed effects by 50% for 1 hour.
    Purifying Salve - Apply a salve to your skin, reducing the damage and duration of all damage over time effects by 50% for 1 hour.
    Purifying Salve would be the most expensive option which includes all previous salves into the crafting recipe for one super salve.
    Stoneskin Salve - Apply a salve to your skin, reducing physical damage taken by 10% for 1 hour.
    Mystical Salve - Apply a salve to your skin, reducing magic damage taken by 10% for 1 hour.
    Guardian Salve - Apply a salve to your skin, reducing all damage taken by 15% for 1 hour.
    Guardian Salve would be crafted from the previous two salves, be unlocked at a later time and would be the best option. Early on, the other two are situational.
    Regenerative Salve - Apply a salve to your skin, increasing your out of combat health regeneration by 400% for 1 hour.

Stimulants
    Stimulants provide a quick burst of power or instant effect.
    Invigorating Stimulant - Inject yourself with a stimulant, allowing your out of combat regeneration to function in combat for 5 seconds.
    Barkblood Stimulant - Inject yourself with a stimulant, reducing damage taken by 20% for 5 seconds.
    Purity Stimulant - Inject yourself with a stimulant, ignoring the effects from Poison and Disease for 5 seconds.
    The Poison and Disease debuffs would not be removed, their effects would just do nothing for 5 seconds. For example, any damage, slowing or stat reduction effects are ignored for 5 seconds. When the stimulant wears off, the effects continue.

Other
    Other objects such as reusable cooldown items or consumable cooldown items.
    Satchel of Smelling Salts - Trinket - Equip: Allows you to revive yourself upon death with 20% health and mana. This effect can only occur once every 30 minutes.
    A self res trinket. It would also have stats of some kind.
    Auto-defibrillation Kit - Attach a device to yourself that allows you to resurrect upon death. 30 minute cooldown.
    Similar to a soulstone but only for yourself.

These are just a few ideas and remember that they'd only be for solo players in outdoor content. As always, numbers can always be tweaked and it's the general idea that matters. None of them will ever be implemented so it's pointless to say what would be too strong or too weak. I'm sure some solo content could be designed around these where it would be highly beneficial to use certain ones to counter specific obstacles.

The smelting part of the mining skill hasn't been used since I think MoP. We don't make bars out of the mats anymore, just craft it into stuff directly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Salves
    Most of these would require the mechanics of the game to be changed in order to be made useful. When playing Solo there are no debuffs that would be difficult to deal with. Do we really need to make solo play more annoying in order to make First Aid useful? Remember they added a First Aid item in Legion to remove bleeds. Who had to worry about bleeds in Legion?

WoD had one that cured posions up to 100 and reduced by 50% for 2 min. Did you use it? How many people actually used it?

The problem isn't that First Aid can't have useful abilities. The problem is the entire game has to change in order to make those things useful. Why should game mechanics be changed for a secondary profession? Why should a secondary profession have such wide ranging boosts? Wouldn't it make more sense to fold those boosts into an existing primary profession?

The fact that after all of your idea's to make First Aid useful you have to state that content will have to be designed to make them highly beneficial and to counter specific obstacles shows how meaningless First Aid ultimately is. Blizzard needs to purposefully but a gate up in order to make you use First Aid. Or Blizzard has to purposefully make a mechanic annoying enough that you would use First Aid.

The game has moved beyond that type of game design which is why First Aid is no longer relevant and no longer needs to be a profession of its own.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Most of these would require the mechanics of the game to be changed in order to be made useful. When playing Solo there are no debuffs that would be difficult to deal with. Do we really need to make solo play more annoying in order to make First Aid useful? Remember they added a First Aid item in Legion to remove bleeds. Who had to worry about bleeds in Legion?

WoD had one that cured posions up to 100 and reduced by 50% for 2 min. Did you use it? How many people actually used it?

The problem isn't that First Aid can't have useful abilities. The problem is the entire game has to change in order to make those things useful. Why should game mechanics be changed for a secondary profession? Why should a secondary profession have such wide ranging boosts? Wouldn't it make more sense to fold those boosts into an existing primary profession?

The fact that after all of your idea's to make First Aid useful you have to state that content will have to be designed to make them highly beneficial and to counter specific obstacles shows how meaningless First Aid ultimately is. Blizzard needs to purposefully but a gate up in order to make you use First Aid. Or Blizzard has to purposefully make a mechanic annoying enough that you would use First Aid.

The game has moved beyond that type of game design which is why First Aid is no longer relevant and no longer needs to be a profession of its own.
    Often. Of course I play on a PvP server. The bleed salve is great vs druids.

Also, not every piece of content needs to be designed with salve in mind. They could just make a tiny area with high disease / poison damage. Only those who can cure it will go. Those who want solo stuff there would be able to cure it naturally or be able to bring first aid stuff.

Also: classic had these small elite areas. So did TBC.
    Last edited by Sixnno; 2018-02-16 at 08:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixnno View Post
    Only those who can cure it will go.
    So we should have a separate skill for tiny areas for an even tinier amount of people that want to constantly go there. Why not just allow other existing professions to craft and sell those items?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    fact is it is not BUT to notice that youa ctually have to PLAY the game and not ONLY the latest raid. like the heal drake in icc ....
    You're right.

Oh, wait. That boss is skippable, and First Aid was never designed around the encounter anyway, so..yeah?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE