7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Now you counting the amendments in there or nah?
    I'm referring to the number of times amendments have been proposed verse the number of times the thing was actually amended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Why don't you implement Australia's gun control laws?

You can get them, but it's a pain in the ass so most people don't.

Also buy back massive numbers of existing guns and destroy them to reduce the number in the wild.

- - - Updated - - -

There's about 1 gun per capita in the US, likely what she was thinking of. It's closer to 30% of households though, because a lot of gun owners have more than one.
    I'd say that is a fair percentage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    I'm referring to the number of times amendments have been proposed verse the number of times the thing was actually amended.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say that is a fair percentage.
    Did you also read what you wrote with the whole
    The constitution only restricts our national government, not the states.
    Which is why I asked you to elaborate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Obviously not true. If the bill of rights were not incorporated onto states through the 14th Amendment, then we never would have received the ruling that we did in McDonald V. City of Chicago.
    You act as if the incorporation decision in that case was some slam dunk decision. The fact of the matter is, incorporation of the 2nd amendment is going to constantly be a 5-4 seesaw for at least my lifetime.

He didnt watch enough TV like some of the arm chair gun lovers in this thread.
    Did he try jumping through the air in slow motion while dual wielding pistols?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should have waited for the villains monologue between bullets.

- - - Updated - - -

You act as if the incorporation decision in that case was some slam dunk decision. The fact of the matter is, incorporation of the 2nd amendment is going to constantly be a 5-4 seesaw for at least my lifetime.
    So it was decided?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the AR-15 was bought legally. By a 19 year-old. In matter of a few minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Incorporation through the 14th amendment is absolutely solidified. It's why states cannot make laws restricting free speech. Or unlawful search and seizure. I'm not sure why you're of the belief that the constitution doesn't apply to the states.
    Eat yo vegetables

Rambo doesn't have pistols, he has an M60.

7+ Year Old Account
    Should have waited for the villains monologue between bullets.

- - - Updated - - -

So it was decided?
    You need to be a little more long winded.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the AR-15 was bought legally. By a 19 year-old. In matter of a few minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Incorporation through the 14th amendment is absolutely solidified. It's why states cannot make laws restricting free speech. Or unlawful search and seizure. I'm not sure why you're of the belief that the constitution doesn't apply to the states.
    The national government cannot ban weapons, states can ban weapons. True or false?

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to be a little more long winded.
    Well a 5/4 decision is a decision, and the amendments and judicial history seem to be lost on you. I think you really need to brush up on literally anything you have discussed in the last page or so.... maybe more.

10+ Year Old Account
    The national government cannot ban weapons, states can ban weapons. True or false?
    Your terminology is a little broad. But it's false. In 1994, the federal government did indeed ban "assault weapons."
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    It is not illegal to say you want to become a professional school shooter. Making a specific threat of violence is illegal, but that wasn't.
    WHAT?!

Of course it's a threat - to his entire local community.

If you say, without jest and a serious look in your eyes, that what you're going to do when you grow up is shoot everybody in your neighbourhood, then of course you've threatened the heighbourhood! How obvious does that have to be?!

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what are you shooting that needs 30 rounds to bring down? It's a deer, not a T-Rex. (Or am I getting the wrong tags?)
    Prairie Dogs they are a huge problem out in SD and I have family out there we lay waste to them 30+ at a time. so having to reload every 4 shots sucks and you miss many shots because if I had a larger mag they wouldn't run back down the hole. I don't Deer hunt, most hunters are city people that come out here and destroy our land with beer cans and are usually just plain shit hunters. The Stereotype of "Deer" Hunters being drunken idiots are true so we don't deer hunt, mostly Pest control at least for me Coyotes, Fox and the Occasional Duck hunt if my brother in law can talk me into it.

Before Nikolas Cruz carried out his mass killing at a Florida high school this week, police responded to his home 39 times over a seven-year period, according to disturbing new documents.

Details about the calls to the Broward County Sheriff’s Office — obtained from police records by CNN — were not immediately available and it was impossible to determine if all involved Cruz.

But the nature of the emergencies at his Parkland home included “mentally ill person,” “child/elderly abuse,” “domestic disturbance” and “missing person,” KTLA reported.

Another domestic abuse situation.

All these shooters have that in common. Why was he allowed anywhere near a gun?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Make America Great Again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Another domestic abuse situation.

All these shooters have that in common. Why was he allowed anywhere near a gun?
    It really is tragic just how preventable this one was. An unimaginable amount of red flags, yet this 19 year old was able to walk into a gun store, and purchase an AR 15 in a matter of minutes.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Make America Great Again.

Not fat enough to be the typical redpilled totally woke (but also not lanky and pasty enough)

prob fake.

Good guy with guns once again fails to stop killing spree. Shocker.
    Since the issue was him not encountering the gunman, obviously we need more good guys with guns to increase the propability of them encountering a bad guy with a gun.

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this. You can walk into a Wal-Mart and buy this gun in my state for a few hundred dollars and walk out minutes later. It's actually easier to buy an AR-15 than a hand gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Since the issue was him not encountering the gunman, obviously we need more good guys with guns to increase the propability of them encountering a bad guy with a gun.
    But will these good guys watch enough TV so they can go into bullet time and perfectly aim while in motion? Bonus points if they can learn to shoot the bad guy during his villain exposition monologue, with a one liner after taking the bad guy down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaedon View Post
    I do not think there is much of an arguement to that. My friend used a 3d printer service to create toys for his daughter that was priced on par with toys you can get from a local wal-mart. And if you think somehow creating a new law upon a new law on top of new laws is somehow going to magically cause the shooter Mr. Cruz to all of a sudden have an epiphany about maybe he should not carry through with this awful act because of these magical new laws then I would say your willful level of ignorance exceeds mine.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I will admit you got me there. Darn those blots of democrat controlled cities like Nashville and Detroit sitting all nice and pretty in republic held areas. Really good at skewing facts.
    You literally just compared making toys to making a functioning firearm. Never give your opinion again, you're being very ignorant about this. The toys he made didn't have to fire a projectile at over 1000 mph. Plastic doesn't hold up very well at that stress.