10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    We need to wait for "Before the Storm".
    Yes that atleast set us on the right path, we need context, the Desolate Council interests me.

What part do they server in BFA etc.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    We need to wait for "Before the Storm".
    Why do people say things like this?

Should we withhold all critique from any character at all based on potential progression sometime in the future? Should we just disregard everything up to this point because there might be a face-heel turn somewhere down the line?

"don' talk bad about my waifu! she's getting redeemed in an upcoming book(maybe)!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post

Should we withhold all critique from any character at all based on potential progression sometime in the future? Should we just disregard everything up to this point because there might be a face-heel turn somewhere down the line?

"don' talk bad about my waifu! she's getting redeemed in an upcoming book(maybe)!"
    The book has context that we don't know about, it's important but you can be snarky if you want.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The book has context that we don't know about, it's important but you can be snarky if you want.
    That context should be in the damn game itself, not a book. Same should have gone for the whole Malfurion/Xavius storyline and the Emerald Nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account

Thing is you're basing your "everything up to this point" on speculation by forum posters. Don't you think the book might...just might, give a little more incite into what is really happening? I'm not saying it's bad to speculate but some posters are posting like things are written in stone. Fact is.....no one knows...except Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    That context should be in the damn game itself, not a book. Same should have gone for the whole Malfurion/Xavius storyline and the Emerald Nightmare.
    There are some things a video game can't do justice that a book can. I mean I get what you're saying but if there's anything in the book that can't be translated into gameplay(As in something that's fun or what gameplay WoW offers) it's better to be put in a book. Or did you prefer standing around watching Garrosh's trial.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    no, dont write the links....
    Reddit Thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comment..._the_usa_soon/
    thread which is mention in reddit http://www.readmore.de/forums/90-esp...ent-in-den-usa
    (in german) which states that its mostly a SMARTPHONE GAME and NOT wc3 remastered...
    Why would I get the links, the person I responded to was asking about where they would possibly announce it and I said there is a Blizzard event at the end of February? Why are you acting like you got me in a "gotcha" when I never claimed WC3 remastered was coming?
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

5+ Year Old Account

The book comes before the thing people are critiquing. It contains directly relevant context by being the events immediately preceding the actions.

It'd be like watching a "Flashback" episode of a TV show where a character winds up in jail for doing something, then screaming they're in jail before the flashback sequence in the same episode starts to show you exactly how the character got there (including appropriate extenuating circumstances).

A Novel can convey a much more information much more effectively and at a much lower cost of time and money than any videogame can.

... that said, I think it'd be great if SOME OF the context from the book could be released in the game in a series of items found in various locations that contain first and secondhand accounts of what happens in Before the Storm. Things like "Sylvanas's Diary" or "The Collected Notes of the Scribe Mortimer Harold of the Court of the High King Anduin Wrynn of the Grand Alliance in the Year X Since the Opening of the Dark Portal"
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I am looking forward too more which is the Chronicle III book...
    For the Horde!

Westfall texture being found is very suspicious and plays into the idea that thin humans will actually be an allied race, if they are getting an updated zone in Westfall (with new golems too)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Westfall texture being found is very suspicious and plays into the idea that thin humans will actually be an allied race, if they are getting an updated zone in Westfall (with new golems too)
    Or just a Kul'Tiras mob we have to fight.

Warrior-Magi

Any link to that texture?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Any link to that texture?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...s-in-the-Horde

Westfall now has its own folder in the same directory as the ones for all the new 8.0 zones (Drustvar, Zuldazar etc). There's only one texture so far but take that as you will.

7+ Year Old Account
    That context should be in the damn game itself, not a book.
    Context is nice but it's also nice to occasionally have some background that goes deeper than a cutscene or a questline. Some of us want to know more.

The Golems seem more Kul Tiran. They have broken ship wheels on their back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    If she gave a shit about the individuals of the Horde, maybe. The prologue of the book made it seem like they're just an army to her.
    It's hilarious how people don't see the painfully obvious flaw of this argument. What do you think the rest of the book will be about? Characters looking at each other eyes' balls for two hundred pages?

Criticism rooted on ignorance is worthless, and given how that novel is deeply tied to the events unfolding BfA, acting like it is a somehow ignorable variable is absolutely dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Westfall now has its own folder in the same directory as the ones for all the new 8.0 zones (Drustvar, Zuldazar etc). There's only one texture so far but take that as you will.
    Best guess, it's there for part of the Stockades scenario.
    If Thin Humans really are going Horde, I suspect this would go at/near the end, as (at least some of) the peasants decide they hate Stormwind enough to join the Horde.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by liandroa View Post
    The Golems seem more Kul Tiran. They have broken ship wheels on their back.
    I agree, but I think the nautical golems will be repurposed for new versions of the classic golems. They're not radically different besides the things on their back/hands.

If we end up with thin humans in the Horde and brown orcs in the Alliance, aren't you afraid it might break the image of the Alliance and the Horde? I don't really see the point anymore, they would be humans and orcs on both sides.