Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    They implemented xp potions so there is no reason for them to implement same system for tabards.
    If memory serves, I believe they deleted said potions. Not too sure, quit about a month before allied races came out.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

Love love love it.

Cap it at a reasonable number (idk, +150%? +200%?) everyone goes home happy.

Why does “i don’t understand” lead to “i am going shit on them because i dont understand”?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

who the hell still has a ton of alts to level?

heirloom, raf bonus, 3x xp pots, legion invasions, wod bonus quests, dungeon grinding, hoarding rested xp. if you wanted to level a bunch of alts and for some reason you've waited until this month, well i'm sorry. but you've had more than enough time to grind everything up to 110 the fast way

i'm leveling a VE with a friend through questing, mostly because we were bored and wanted to see the alliance side of things. and even with this new xp crap things are going smoothly. we haven't felt like "oh this is taking forever" because we have a billion alts at 110 already and are looking to just quest through zones not really paying too much attention to the number that represents our level. it's been fun, and its making some things actually feel like an achievement again, whereas before it was just some shit you unlocked after doing 5 or so dungeons with raf while sitting in org...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunstation View Post
    But why bother are u even playing or raiding/pvping on half of those characters?
    I don't. I want to get the lore from each order hall
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    You have ~8 months - what's the rush?
    That leveling is boring and I'd rather get it over with?

Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Rare mount hunters always have alts to level.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like that idea.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

I'd be on board with something like this. I hate the aesthetics of the heirloom sets so a tabard that I can turn off the visual of that does the same thing basically would be great.

I'd cap the XP increase from the tabard at whatever the current heirloom maximum is though and if you wore the tabard + heirlooms cap the total xp at like 75% or something. Having it scale completely off of number alts at 110 with no xp cap would be too OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Actually you need two characters of the same class "to see all the lore". You know, there's two factions in game.
    Aside from who you talk to, the quests are identical.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    "I hate leveling"

"I want an army of alts"

Some of you need to see a therapist or learn some self-control.
    I love raiding. To be perfectly ready to raid I should have all 12 classes up to spec. Plus I have friends on both factions. Because Blizzard is pathetically sticking to the "Oh you have friends on both factions well we're not making it so PvE you can make mix faction groups." means that frankly to be in a good place for both factions you need 24 characters. 1 of each class on each faction.

So why not let those who want fast leveling have the fast leveling while those who love slow leveling can have slow leveling. You know we have heirlooms at the moment so why not increase their XP gain. How does it affect those who like to level slow?

It doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I love raiding. To be perfectly ready to raid I should have all 12 classes up to spec.
    No. You do not need all 12 classes to be ready for raiding. Again, seek help (mind you if you WANT all 12, that's fine. Accept that you need to level those or boost them then. But you do not NEED all 12 classes.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    I dont see whats wrong with that?

- - - Updated - - -

Both of your sentences are WRONG. As I am a nice guy I will ccorrect them for you.
    #1 "I hate repeating stuff I have done over 10+ times."
    #2 "I have an army of alts and yet I am still leveling more toons"

ps: I think you need to learn some self-control and stop tryin to insult people
    Not an insult. A statement of fact. If you have an army of alts and you're still leveling more... you need help for compulsive behavior

Look, I get having a few alts at or close to max level. A tank class, a healer, a couple of DPS. I have 2 110s (a lock and druid) and those cover all of the roles. I have a few other classes at 100+ due to the pre-event invasions. And I'm FINE if people like to have more alts than I'd have.

What's compulsive is the need to have 10, 20, more and more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I despise leveling, but I want to see all the lore that Legion has to offer, which means I need one of every class at 110 for the order hall stuff
    Well, you have to decide what's more important... dozens of hours of your life doing something you admit you despise or seeing the lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    I think the question is .. why?? why do you need like 5 hunters??
    its not hunters but dks actually. and they are usefull for example pet selling/buying, doing love is in the air mount farm *damn u silly rocket!*, etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    If anything you should lose % of XP per alt. Right about time Blizzard stop this alt entitlement craze going on.
    no blizzard should make it harder for all people who only have one toon alts is a good thing that keeps people online and doing stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    heirloom, raf bonus, 3x xp pots, legion invasions, wod bonus quests, dungeon grinding, hoarding rested xp. if you wanted to level a bunch of alts and for some reason you've waited until this month, well i'm sorry. but you've had more than enough time to grind everything up to 110 the fast way
    yes because allied races where avail before recent and zandalari / di and the rest have yet to be release. you know some people like to see more then 1 side of the story.

- - - Updated - - -

No. You do not need all 12 classes to be ready for raiding. (mind you if you WANT all 12, that's fine. Accept that you need to level those or boost them then. But you do not NEED all 12 classes.)
    PLEASE for the love of Blizzard seek help dude, you seriously need it when you think YOU can decide how others enjoy the game!. Get help now!

Not an insult. A statement of fact. If you have an army of alts and you're still leveling more... you need help for compulsive behavior
    We get it you only raid and dont care for lore, story, etc other people do - let em enjoy the game just because you HATE it doesnt mean others have to.

PLEASE get some help, seriously, you think of yourself as a Freud...

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind the current lvling pace if I could fly at lvl 20 or 30. Kalimdor is a pain in the ass. EK is barely better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    They implemented xp potions so there is no reason for them to implement same system for tabards.
    They removed the potions.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

The idea is good but doesn't sound like something that would ever happen sadly.

We are just a couple weeks after the biggest nerf to leveling in wow history, they are clearly not trying to make it easier/faster.

- - - Updated - - -

No. You do not need all 12 classes to be ready for raiding. Again, seek help (mind you if you WANT all 12, that's fine. Accept that you need to level those or boost them then. But you do not NEED all 12 classes.)

- - - Updated - - -

Look, I get having a few alts at or close to max level. A tank class, a healer, a couple of DPS. I have 2 110s (a lock and druid) and those cover all of the roles. I have a few other classes at 100+ due to the pre-event invasions. And I'm FINE if people like to have more alts than I'd have.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you have to decide what's more important... dozens of hours of your life doing something you admit you despise or seeing the lore.
    It really has nothing to do with compulsion or addiction. There are many activities in this game that directly benefit from the # of capped characters you own. Especially now, with connected realms, when you can literally get 2 servers worth of characters in the same realm eco-system. Raiding isn't the only thing you can do in this game, not by a longshot, and it's actually probably not what most people do on a hardcore level.

Here are some more or less obvious examples:
    -MOUNTS: farming 1/2000 world bosses for mounts, big love rocket 1 in 3333 drop rate, paragon reputation mounts etc.
    -gold farming, the more alts, the more dough - class halls, professions, ah etc.
    -WQ system (legion specific) - you need a 110 to be allowed to do a WQ, pet/toy/pet charm farming
    -transmog farming...why you actually benefit from having more than 1 of each class
    -less significant / minor things that get really meaningful when you can do them 20+ times: claiming 1 per character free items, darkmoon etc.

Don't get me wrong. I am in a semi-hardcore raiding guild myself, but WoW is just so much more than hitting a big dude with 10 other people. Try to consider other people's perspectives too.

Better suggestion - one that reduces your XP based on the number of alts.
    Sort of like a nicotine patch for smokers.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I'd be ok with this.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Never gonna happen. The changes they just made to the leveling system were so that it didn't feel like a mindless and meaningless zerg to max level. Just relax and enjoy the leveling experience. It's fine how it is now... I find it way more fun now than it was previously. I have 24 110s... So I've leveled a lot in every expansion. This current iteration is the best it's been in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

As someone who wants lvling to go back to where it was "an achievement" to get to max lvl, or at least make it feel as part of the game and not just a hurdle to get over to get to end game, I think it's a splendid idea!
    You will get to lvl faster every time you lvl a new character, but still requires you to actually lvl!
    Much of the problem with the lvling the past...what, 7 years(?), was that you were uber powerful, slaying everything with ease, having to pull packs of 10-15 mob to even start thinking about if you could kill them all. Lvling should feel rewarding, like a progression, something to work towards, but it doesn't necessarily have to be slow as molasses. Rewarding, engaging and fun is what it needs, and some challenge to the lvling made it just that. That was of course trivialized by Heirloom gear, and it also took away the excitement of getting new stuff to equip.
    The heirlooms can ofc stay, but I think the tabard would be a good inclusion. People who run youtube channels, like Preach, do not have an interest in lvling more at all, because he's done it so many times and want to get to the end game, cus that's what his channel is built for. Give ppl the option to get through it quicker, without taking away the challenge and engagement.
    And that can easily be done with the new scaling tech!
    (just make the mobs hit harder aswell ;P)

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I was thinking the same thing!
    That's not thinking, that thing you're doing.