10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Incidentally, I don't believe the 2nd Amendment actually restricts gun ownership to the underaged right?
    I believe that's correct. Age restrictions for firearm ownership are constitutional.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's ok, the momentum is growing, just needs a bunch of more corpses and this ancient amendment will be axed. I imagine eventually you will have another Vegas or even worse, then another one and another until this will become the kingmaker issue in the elections, then NRA won't be able to stop it.

It's just sad that many people will have to die before that happens.
    You can kiss off getting rid of guns in the US in your life time, but it's cute that you try.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Not all guns are AR-15's and that gun has been used in most mass shootings.

Comparing the US to Japan is silly, other than to support your argument on guns, because every crime in Japan is significantly lower than it is in the US.
    How about you compare to every 1st world country in the World......You have the highest gun murder rate, highest mass shooting rate, highest gun violence rate......You keep saying it is because you have a different culture but maybe it is time to change that culture. Just some food for thought.

Yes AR-15 or other assault rifle style guns have been the weapon of choice as they are design for killing humans in mass shootings but hand guns and shotguns have also been a favorite pick as well.
    Last edited by Chaelexi; 2018-02-16 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    How about you compare to every 1st world country in the World......You have the highest gun murder rate, highest mass shooting rate, highest gun violence rate......You keep saying it is because you have a different culture but maybe it is time to change that culture. Just some food for thought.
    We are number 1 in crime rates, and you want to take our guns? Are you fucking insane?
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Its also a different culture, one in which you are more likely to kill yourself than others.
    The suicide rate in Japan is only 3 more people of every 100,000 than the US. It had start to drop at a regular rate as they have taken steps to correct the issue.....you know something that the US is not doing with their shooting problem... As I just said maybe it is time for a culture shift in the US as what you have is getting a mass shooting every 2 days in the US. So I ask again is your culture really working right now?

Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    Different countries have different problems. What's the difference in suicide rate between the us and Japan? How about the differences in gang population and drug use?
    See above

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-p...s-r-1823016659

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens
    I know youre trying to be funny but its the truth, short of a ban you cant prevent this from happening in a free society. Even Europe and Australia with their tight gun laws, that you think the US should follow, still has gun deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    We are number 1 in crime rates, and you want to take our guns? Are you fucking insane?
    Is what you are doing working right now?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    No exceptions. If you can't afford a gun safe, you can't aford a gun.

Considering guns don't prevent crimes, there's no reason to permit concealed carry.

See above. If you want to defend yourself, get a knife or pepper spray.
    Lol. Good thing your suggestions are not going to impact my rights for such.

I know youre trying to be funny but its the truth, short of a ban you cant prevent this from happening in a free society. Even Europe and Australia with their tight gun laws, that you think the US should follow, still has gun deaths.
    What is the rate of them happening? You can lower the incidences of this happening but right now the US is not taking steps to do so.
    Last edited by Chaelexi; 2018-02-16 at 07:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's ok, the momentum is growing, just needs a bunch of more corpses and this ancient amendment will be axed. I imagine eventually you will have another Vegas or even worse, then another one and another until this will become the kingmaker issue in the elections, then NRA won't be able to stop it.

It's just sad that many people will have to die before that happens.
    Na. I hope there are no more school shootings. But there are more children dying each year from road accidents than school shootings and have been for decades. Roads and cars are still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Na. I hope there are no more school shootings. But there are more children dying each year from road accidents than school shootings and have been for decades. Roads and cars are still here.
    It's just mindbogling people still keep using that old tired argument. Cars aren't designed to kill. When one bad argument fails you turn to another. You're going in circles.

What is the rate of them happening?
    Doesnt matter, my point was it will still happen because evil people are evil people.

The suicide rate in Japan is only 3 more people of every 100,000 than the US. It had start to drop at a regular rate as they have taken steps to correct the issue.....you know something that the US is not doing with their shooting problem... As I just said maybe it is time for a culture shift in the US as what you have is getting a mass shooting every 2 days in the US. So I ask again is your culture really working right now?
    The culture is about violence, look at the popular video games we create and sell, look at the popular movies we create and watch, look at the popular music. Its all about violence, killing and blowing shit up. We need bigger and badder explosions in movies (Michael Bay) . We have to find more ingenious ways to kill people (Saw series). Its all about looking tough, being tough its about being the bad ass, driving the hot muscle car or the massive SUV its about not being disrespected.
    Last edited by petej0; 2018-02-16 at 07:09 PM.

The culture is about violence, look at the popular video games we create and sell, look at the popular movies we create and watch, look at the popular music. Its all about violence, killing and blowing shit up. We need bigger and badder explosions in movies (Michael Bay) . We have to find more ingenious ways to kill people (Saw series)
    I hate to burst your bubble but we have those things aswell here where we don't have a cycle of mindless violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denning View Post
    Roads and cars provide a much more significant benefit to society - the transport of goods and people. The massive benefit outweighs the issues, not so much for guns. Also their primary intended purpose (to transport) is inherently a benefit while the gun's primary intended purpose (to kill) is certainly not.
    The point is, just because something can cause death, may not be the reason to get rid of it and we tolerate other harmful stuff all the time, for the sake of personal convenience. We do accept deaths by cars as being acceptable and take steps to make them and the roads safer. Same can and has happened with firearms. They are here to stay in the US.

Here's what might help some:

Most of these shooters have domestic violence in their history, like 80-90%.

1. If you're convicted of domestic violence, you can't own a gun. I think this is already federal law but the states don't enforce it.

2. If you sell or lend a firearm or ammunition to a person convicted of domestic violence it's a major felony with prison time.

3. If the convict is caught with a firearm or ammunition it's a major felony and prison time.

The second restriction is that you can only buy one gun per year. A lot of these shooters buy 20 guns in one year and slowing that down can only help, the shooter might make a misstep or something.

This approach is looking at the shooters and trying to restrict their actions by laws targeted at them.

What happens to a guy who'd never shoot anyone but he occasionally smacks his wife around? As long as he stays clear of guns, these laws won't affect him.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It's just mindbogling people still keep using that old tired argument. Cars aren't designed to kill. When one bad argument fails you turn to another. You're going in circles.
    But they can. And do often. More often than school shootings. Of course I do not blame the cars. The drivers are to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble but we have those things aswell here where we don't have a cycle of mindless violence.
    Because we have different cultures!! ....tap..tap..tap...Hello...Is this thing on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    But they can. And do often. More often than school shootings. Of course I do not blame the cars. The drivers are to blame.
    We still regulate cars and require licensing and education in order to legally drive them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Because we have different cultures!! ....tap..tap..tap...Hello...Is this thing on?
    Then list things that are different and not the things that our cultures share (the type of enterntainment we consume). Go ahead...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Here's what might help some:

Most of these shooters have domestic violence in their history, like 80-90%.

1. If you're convicted of domestic violence, you can't own a gun. I think this is already federal law but the states don't enforce it.

2. If you sell or lend a firearm or ammunition to a person convicted of domestic violence it's a major felony with prison time.

3. If the convict is caught with a firearm or ammunition it's a major felony and prison time.

The second restriction is that you can only buy one gun per year. A lot of these shooters buy 20 guns in one year and slowing that down can only help, the shooter might make a misstep or something.

This approach is looking at the shooters and trying to restrict their actions by laws targeted at them.

What happens to a guy who'd never shoot anyone but he occasionally smacks his wife around? As long as he stays clear of guns, these laws won't affect him.
    Some do. In Ohio, they do enforce it pretty well.

No. There are literally millions of firearm owners who have a lot of firearms, yet they do not go around shooting up schools or other crimes. Even now, if you buy too many firearms here in Ohio within a short period of time, it can trigger a closer look at the purchaser. If they see no alarms, they go no further.

I could not have gotten my carry conceal license here if I had a restraining order or a history of domestic abuse.