Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    The brainwashed Sylvanas fanboys will end up hating anything that presents even the slightest opposition to her character. If that means an honorable character like Saurfang gets to take the fall for it, then so be it.

It is getting sad at this point.
    Yeah, I can never tell when people are roleplaying or being genuine around here these days (some of the defences for Sylvanas definitely make me think the former). It's definitely sad to see so many Horde hating on Saurfang now though.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

The brainwashed Sylvanas fanboys will end up hating anything that presents even the slightest opposition to her character. If that means an honorable character like Saurfang gets to take the fall for it, then so be it.

I dislike undeserving superiority complexes. So, congratulations I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.
    I can hear the REE from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by cronotose View Post
    The winner is not always the bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    It’s amazing how many people fail to see this.

The context is that Saurfang and Sylvanas are making their last stand in Lordaeron. Saurfang says he wants to stay and fight to the death (it’s what orcs do) and Sylvanas gets pissed at him because Saurfang is being suicidal, again.

She tells him that honor means nothing to someone like her, and unless he wants to die in vain, it’s better to retreat and fight another day instead of yelling lok’tar ogar all the time.

So she has a point, but as usual she said it in her no chill Sylvanas way.
    I agree, and I don't even think she was being callous because she lost her cool. She was straight up using psychology to drive her point home.

"Perhaps I will raise your broken body to serve me once more" -> You lose all agency in death. Your choices and beliefs only matter if you are alive to act on them and defend them. I don't think Sylvanas would have raised Saurfang, and I don't think Saurfang truly believed she would - but if he was dead there would be nothing he could do about; the perfect motivation to get his blood boiling with a desire to live.

"Or perhaps you will have a chance to say hello to your son." -> Sylvanas reminds him of his son to make him realize the hypocrisy in wanting a glorious death for the other Horde warriors. The context is Saurfang "not caring if his people die so long as it is honorable", while Sylvanas argues "this Horde is worth saving". If an honorable death is all that matters, Saurfang shouldn't care that she mentioned his son: he died not one, but two glorious deaths, and in the end he was put to rest next to his ancestors. Pretty great, right? Except it wasn't, and Saurfang would have found him "worth saving" for sure if it was possible. Thinking of this is meant to sober him up and make him realize that maybe he shouldn't drag other sons and daughter of the Horde that can be saved down in a tomb with him.

But I'm not surprised Alliance players don't see nuance when it's cleaving them in the face. Poor guys had nothing but Mary Sues shoved down their throats for so long that they became addicted.

I see much more zealot-like Sylvanas hate than fanboys, atleast on MMO Champ hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Maybe they shouldnt write him as a suicidal moron, I know he is an orc but jesus.
    Blizzard doesn't know how to write any of their characters well. They only know how to make one character look good by putting them in opposition of another who is acting like a fucking idiot. They did the same thing when they were trying to make people like Varian in MoP. Temple of the Red Crane had you helping the various alliance leaders to set up an ambush. Tyrande couldn't recognize it as ambush, so Varian has to explain it to her. I know Tyrande can be a bit headstrong at times but I have a hard time believing a military leader who has been alive for millennia and comes from a race whose ability to turn invisible makes them uniquely suited for ambush tactics is somehow unable to recognize an ambush as she is helping to set it up.

If you can't make a character look smart you just make everyone around them dumb as a sack of bricks. They're doing the same thing with Saurfang and Sylvanas. People like Saurfang but aren't sold on Sylvanas as Warchief. So they make him dumb and headstrong so Sylvanas can appear to be more rational and concerned about the long term survival of the Horde. From Blizzards perspective this should make it clear that she is dedicated to the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    I see much more zealot-like Sylvanas hate than fanboys, atleast on MMO Champ hahaha
    It's true, Sylvanas haters are more vocal than the fanboys.

However, consider the following. There are characters who have done a lot less than Sylvanas and have ended up being villains/bosses. As opposed to such characters, Sylvanas still holds ground as a faction leader of all things.

In a sense, it is like reverse-plot armor. In other words, Anduin has a plot armor to be a able to survive for so long in Warcraft with such a pacifistic personality and Sylvanas has managed to dodge the villain flag for all these years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The old fuck needs some sense slapping into him.

He has a duty to lead his people until a suitable replacement can be found, rushing off to try and get himself killed is selfish and helps nothing but his ego. I completely understand why Sylvanas looses her patience with him.

And to think some want him as Warchief.
    What about Etrigg?....Oh nevermind....I said nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Maybe they shouldnt write him as a suicidal moron, I know he is an orc but jesus.
    I mean his lineage basically ends with him, as far as I know his only living relative is his niece, Saurfang's probably too old now to bear children, so with his son dead, he sees himself as an overlord, nothing less, nothing more

10+ Year Old Account

However, consider the following. There are characters who have done a lot less than Sylvanas and have ended up being villains/bosses. As opposed to such characters, Sylvanas still holds ground as a faction leader of all things.

In a sense, it is like reverse-plot armor. In other words, Anduin has a plot armor to be a able to survive for so long in Warcraft with such a pacifistic personality and Sylvanas has managed to dodge the villain flag for all these years.
    She is like fucking neo at this point and yeah she does make really hard to like her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    I mean his lineage basically ends with him, as far as I know his only living relative is his niece, Saurfang's probably too old now to bear children, so with his son dead, he sees himself as an overlord, nothing less, nothing more
    I want to see Thura in action and she has "That axe"...you know what axe I'm talking about!!

Well, when you take the country of a bunch of werewolf, british expies, your bound to end up with a lot of people hating you

I'd like to think she was taunting him.

And I liked it. Just a heads up, guys... Saurfang is a fictional character. He doesn't actually have feelings, because... he's, like, a bunch of pixels arranged in a way to form an Orc. You guys can quit pretending there was real injustice done here. As with most of the Sylvanas haterboys, you need to dial down your drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    She is like fucking neo at this point and yeah she does make really hard to like her.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to see Thura in action and she has "That axe"...you know what axe I'm talking about!!
    The axe that was originally gonna be an artifact in legion, but didn't quite fit the warrior class fantasy, so was replaced with a sword we've never heard of, and is also one of 2 weapons ever to harm Sargeras, who is the size of a planet, I'd actually like to see Thura, and Dorthar, the only centaur to join the Horde, they added a hunter Gladiator set back in Cata that would be perfect for him

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramlen View Post
    You can stop right there. You nailed why she is the way she is (presently) and don't need to shove your own feelings about why you think Sylvanas is a Meanie. She is what she is.
    so shes an idiot too then. because if sociopaths can get how to fake nice for political gain then no idea how she cant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Dude. Saurfang stays behind to cover Horde's asses and Sylvans mocking him for it. Not cool.
    Actually he sneaks away later against her orders to cover us which is why later in the battle someone says "Where's Saurfang"?

So.... taunting Saurfang about his dead son.

10+ Year Old Account
    She was taunting him... It was "for a reason", but that doesn't make it not a taunt... She could have gotten the point across without being a cunt, she chose to be a cunt, especially when you tack on the part that immediately followed the quip about his son, where she basically said "I'll just raise you into undeath without your consent"...
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    She was taunting him... It was "for a reason", but that doesn't make it not a taunt... She could have gotten the point across without being a cunt, she chose to be a cunt, especially when you tack on the part that immediately followed the quip about his son, where she basically said "I'll just raise you into undeath without your consent"...
    she's dead. the dead don't care about your feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    she's dead. the dead don't care about your feelings.
    They should care about pissing off someone they know can kill them, easily.

This is also completely untrue, there are plenty of undead who show empathy in WoW, Sylvanas herself even at least claims to, since she says ""The Horde's children, and their children's children, will curse our memories as they burn.", she is at the very least pretending to care about their feelings.Sylvanas simply chose, in this moment, to be a bitch.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-02-17 at 01:47 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    They should care about pissing off someone they know can kill them, easily.

This is also completely untrue, there are plenty of undead who show empathy in WoW, Sylvanas is just a bitch.
    where's your proof that Saurfang could easily kill Sylvanas?

10+ Year Old Account
    where's your proof that Saurfang could easily kill Sylvanas?

"Varok Saurfang was the one she gave grudging respect. He was intelligent, strong, fierce ... and, like Baine, loyal. But there was something in the orc's eyes that always put her on alert when she gazed into them. The knowledge that if she misstepped too badly he might well challenge her, perhaps even oppose her.

Sylvanas herself considers him a threat. She wouldn't be concerned about him challenging her if she thought she could kill him in a duel, which, by Horde tradition, is how he would challenge her.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-02-17 at 01:50 AM.