Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    This juxtaposition is hilarious.
    I haven't seen this "mid-credit" scene. It could be a genuine way to move the story forward or it could be a throw away platitude. We'll see which way it goes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    It will be interesting to see how many foreigners go to Wakanda and how they integrate lol. Panther 2 should be interesting.
    Will they arrive in the hold of a sail boat, with 75% dead, be enslaved for a couple of hundred years and then have separate drinking fountains and education?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IronCorvus View Post
    Another cash grab stupid superhero flick for simpletons. Im ready for this movie fad to end. It should have arround second or third ironman...
    What movies are you watching that put you so far above others?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Will they arrive in the hold of a sail boat, with 75% dead, be enslaved for a couple of hundred years and then have separate drinking fountains and education?
    I think they'll arrive by foot?

Wakanda is apparently an absolute monarchy and not a democracy which makes it less desirable imo.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-43085864

LOL God bless the Welsh really
    And why exactly is that response justified for a fictional scenario? Just seems snobbish and patronising for no reason tbh,

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    I do love little Easter Eggs like this. Well played to anyone who caught it!

If I recall aswell, Y Ddraig Goch is basically a red humanoid dragon?

Every film needs more dragon.
    It's literally just a red dragon. TLDR version, there was a red dragon and white dragon, red for Wales and White for England which battled,
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Sheep shaggers, the lot of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

It's just a movie...
    Don't get me wrong. I know it's a movie, you know it's a movie. I'm going to see it with friends and fam. and we're likely to love it since we're big fans of the Marvel cinematic universe.

But the attention it's getting and the attitudes it's encouraging just because how the racial breakdown of those involved it kind of obscene. You didn't get this level of hype for say...Blade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Why are you so angry?
    Not angry since, like I said, I don't like in the States and have to deal with the random BS that both sides perpetuate. But after seeing what happened to Marvel comics after they started catering to a certain demographic I'd rather not see it happen to the movies since they're still great.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    And why exactly is that response justified for a fictional scenario? Just seems snobbish and patronising for no reason tbh,

It's literally just a red dragon. TLDR version, there was a red dragon and white dragon, red for Wales and White for England which battled,
    It's the Tweets that's funny

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I know it's a movie, you know it's a movie. I'm going to see it with friends and fam. and we're likely to love it since we're big fans of the Marvel cinematic universe.

But the attention it's getting and the attitudes it's encouraging just because how the racial breakdown of those involved it kind of obscene. You didn't get this level of hype for say...Blade.

- - - Updated - - -

Not angry since, like I said, I don't like in the States and have to deal with the random BS that both sides perpetuate. But after seeing what happened to Marvel comics after they started catering to a certain demographic I'd rather not see it happen to the movies since they're still great.
    The marvel comes have not started catering to any one there pretty much how they have always been.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a movie...
    Try telling every social Justice website praising this movie as "THE GREATEST BLACK MOVIE OF ALL TIME" that.
    #boycottchina

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but the likeliest explanation is the set designers or whoever did it just grabbed a load of flags and had no idea which where in the UN or not. A lot of americans wont know the difference between the union flag and the st georges cross (just google "england flag") and I doubt they know the st andrews and welsh flags either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Youre spitting a manufactured narrative created by a bunch of insecure people.

Theres no sort of divide, no ine gives a shit about who goes to see the movie. Those that do are a very small minority. Marvel also isnt catering to anyone, the story they are telling existed for how long? What demographic are they catering too?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Another cash grab stupid superhero flick for simpletons. Im ready for this movie fad to end. It should have arround second or third ironman...
    Yeah the superhero movies that got big in the 80s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Try telling every social Justice website praising this movie as "THE GREATEST BLACK MOVIE OF ALL TIME" that.
    I don't really give two fucks tbf. I watched it and found it overrated but not terrible, Michael Jordan was also hot as Killmonger.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The marvel comes have not started catering to any one there pretty much how they have always been.
    Regardless of any catering, it's very clear that the timing and directing of the movie is contemporaneous. Which is okay for initial interest. However the highest honor that any artistic work can achieve is having an ageless appeal.

Which nobody tries to defend Michael Bay movies for making pure fan service and not artwork.

Haha you've got another 5 years of this. Have fun.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Definitely something @Theodarzna would like to see
    The MCU is becoming my favourite timeline. Also, BP was a good movie with a sexy lead actor. Overall the movie had what I like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Youre spitting a manufactured narrative created by a bunch of insecure people.

Theres no sort of divide, no ine gives a shit about who goes to see the movie. Those that do are a very small minority. Marvel also isnt catering to anyone, the story they are telling existed for how long? What demographic are they catering too?
    And you're spitting a manufactured narrative in response to my manufactured narrative. And I haven't seen the movie yet so I'm not talking about the movie. I want it to be great since I AM a Marvel fan and a Black Panther fan. I think we can both agree that he stole any scene he was in in the last movie.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

7+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of any catering, it's very clear that the timing and directing of the movie is contemporaneous. Which is okay for initial interest. However the highest honor that any artistic work can achieve is having an ageless appeal.

Which nobody tries to defend Michael Bay movies for making pure fan service and not artwork.
    I haven’t seen the movie yet as I’m going this weekend so I can’t speak for it’s agelessness but I don’t think the timing had much to do with the current events. Marvel has had a time Line planned out for the movies for a long time now with how the others movies have been coming out and how big of a part black panther plays in marvel as a whole I think the movie would have proabbly came out at the same time if there was no real life racial conflict going on.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't really give two fucks tbf. I watched it and found it overrated but not terrible, Michael Jordan was also hot as Killmonger.
    See thats all I'm really hoping for, that its just a well directed, acted and designed movie. This social justice spin who are using this movie as their gambit is just grotesque though, rotten tomatoes hyping it like its the greatest movie of all time is pathetic, just look at the varying reviews on IMDb for examples of actual criticisms of it.
    Being told if you so much as give any negative opinion of this film then your a racist, falls into the thought crime category of insane bullshit
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I think they'll arrive by foot?

Wakanda is apparently an absolute monarchy and not a democracy which makes it less desirable imo.
    Doesn't seem much difference these days.