Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Both Aggramar and Argus are fights that only require the tanks to be awake. Rest of the fights need dps to be awake. Healers can just alt tab (unless the tanks weren't awake).
    Argus requires a tank to be awake?

Whats the worst that happens they don't shield the bomb, slow pickup on a P3 add and you lose 1 or 2 people that will get a free brez anyways after a dirty easy phase?

Argus on heroic is a joke for tanks, and you can carry scrub tanks through it just due to the forgiving nature of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    It's a terrible fight for that reason. Like you said, even if you assign a path to CC the Norg adds and go that way, you might not get any safe zones near it. Then you wipe due to 100% RNG. Bad design, terrible boss.
    Come on now. Your boss timer tells you what is going to happen next like a minute in advance and pretty much every single class has a CC for the army adds. It's really painful to read people who try to tell you with a straight face that you wipe on a hc encounter (or most mythic encounters even) due to RNG. It's the equivalent of "the dog eat my homework". Pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Imo aggramar is the hardest in heroic,but that's speaking as a mythic raider.we have no issue with Coven whatsoever,but a fumble on Aggramar still happen sometimes
    I second this, but this is likely because when we waltz in with mental mythic raider group DPS we end up sometimes doing second transition while adds are still up which can seriously lead to a wipe. I remember two weeks ago we had this hilarious HC clear where we wiped 5 times on HC Argrammar just because of that until raid leader was like "I don't know these guys, my guild tag is just a coincidence, it's another Avalerion from other server", omegalul.

We have this issue where our raiders seem to take a clue from that infamous "How to top DPS" video, where one of the advices was "When raid leader says stop DPS, it means DPS!"
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2018-02-15 at 09:54 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Both Aggramar and Argus are fights that only require the tanks to be awake. Rest of the fights need dps to be awake. Healers can just alt tab (unless the tanks weren't awake).
    Considering that healers are the only ones who get the big bombs on Argus, good luck with them going alt tab. Oh, and even on heroic, Aggramar requires a shit ton of healing, but I guess they just afk through that as well. More overexaggerations, please.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Considering that healers are the only ones who get the big bombs on Argus, good luck with them going alt tab.
    Wut ? Not really

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Wut ? Not really
    Yes. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I second this, but this is likely because when we waltz in with mental mythic raider group DPS we end up sometimes doing second transition while adds are still up which can seriously lead to a wipe. I remember two weeks ago we had this hilarious HC clear where we wiped 5 times on HC Argrammar just because of that until raid leader was like "I don't know these guys, my guild tag is just a coincidence, it's another Avalerion from other server", omegalul.

We have this issue where our raiders seem to take a clue from that infamous "How to top DPS" video, where one of the advices was "When raid leader says stop DPS, it means DPS!"
    Yeah,parse whores gonna be parse whores :P

Just ask your tanks to kill anyone still DPSing when raid leader asked to stop DPS,it's very easy to do on Aggramar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Wut ? Not really
    As @nicbizz said: Yes, only healing Roles can get Big Bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Yeah,parse whores gonna be parse whores :P

Just ask your tanks to kill anyone still DPSing when raid leader asked to stop DPS,it's very easy to do on Aggramar
    If you are to the point where you kill Aggramar too fast, you have enough gear to do 2 stacks. Just don't be a complete idiot and try to make both explode at once, space them out by 6 or so seconds to let healing take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Just open up your DBM and put the mechanic counter in the middle of your screen so you never miss it.
    Or just listen to your raid lead for once as they're calling out said timers. It's not like the raid lead has a special glass ball

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If you are to the point where you kill Aggramar too fast, you have enough gear to do 2 stacks. Just don't be a complete idiot and try to make both explode at once, space them out by 6 or so seconds to let healing take hold.
    Spacing it is the worst thing you would do, it`ll renew the dot duration and stressing the healers even more due the extended duration. If your raid has gear do transition it fast it you can push 2 at same time easily without people dying by the burst, just use your healers cd.

My guild spent maybe 2-3 hours on heroic Coven progression and we are melee heavy. We then proceeded to 2 shot both Aggramar and Argus.

So far I haven't experienced any boss to be truely difficult. The closest to a difficult boss is Coven, mainly due to the sheer number of mechanics. Yes, they are in a set order, but our first night working on mythic it seems like there is always something going on. It also seems to be a long fight. So, when you take everything into consideration, there is always something to be looking for, whether it's a spinning blade or shadow blades or a frozen orb or the adds to kill/avoid or the storm, or any combination of those. It's honestly almost the same fight as heroic except the additional boss that brings new mechanics and an interrupt rotation.
    It's more hectic than difficult, and most of the difficulty comes from some of the RNG aspects of the fight.
    I'd say Imonar and Kingaroth are a close second (so far) on mythic, and a lot of that comes down to personal responsibility, and certain mechanics that require decent organization.
    These comparisons are on mythic. Haven't gotten to Agg/Arg yet to judge them.
    On heroic, I'd definitely have to put Coven back at the top, just due to the number of mechanics and RNG fuckery that can happen. Argus is a straight up joke talking mechanics, but comes down more to numbers. If your dps and heals can handle it, he's pretty much a tauranteed kill. Aggramar (god, I can't even type that name without hearing Bronzebeard now) seems to get harder as your gear gets better simply due to timing. The guild I'm in is having to stop dps now to make sure we get the last adds in correctly.
    Most of the fights in Antorus HC are pretty lackluster in terms of difficulty.

The hardest part about Heroic Aggramar is slowing down your DPS so you don't get both sets of adds up at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by blackops2008 View Post
    Spacing it is the worst thing you would do, it`ll renew the dot duration and stressing the healers even more due the extended duration. If your raid has gear do transition it fast it you can push 2 at same time easily without people dying by the burst, just use your healers cd.
    Doesn't matter how much gear you have, if you let 2 explode at the exact same time during transition multiple people are getting globaled. Duration literally means nothing as if you're doing it properly you are going to have the debuff near 100% of the time until all adds are dealt with anyways.

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    So far I haven't experienced any boss to be truely difficult. The closest to a difficult boss is Coven, mainly due to the sheer number of mechanics. Yes, they are in a set order, but our first night working on mythic it seems like there is always something going on. It also seems to be a long fight. So, when you take everything into consideration, there is always something to be looking for, whether it's a spinning blade or shadow blades or a frozen orb or the adds to kill/avoid or the storm, or any combination of those. It's honestly almost the same fight as heroic except the additional boss that brings new mechanics and an interrupt rotation.
    It's more hectic than difficult, and most of the difficulty comes from some of the RNG aspects of the fight.
    I'd say Imonar and Kingaroth are a close second (so far) on mythic, and a lot of that comes down to personal responsibility, and certain mechanics that require decent organization.
    These comparisons are on mythic. Haven't gotten to Agg/Arg yet to judge them.
    My guild struggled more to pass Kin'garoth than Coven on mythic, but Coven is this kind of fight where having multidotters stacked and benching as many melee as possible and keeping only minimal amount necessary for the interrupts makes it a completely different fight. Coven with crap setup sucks.

Aggramar is even worse when we come to setup requirements to make it smooth. You want 1-2 blood dks, 1-2 extra dps dks for single grips, less than 10 melee including holy palas and mw monks and 3 tanks, priest / shaman for mass dispel / purge the adds if they happen to get buffed, and specific amount of roots / knockbacks depending on strat. For example my guild didn't have disc priest / monk so we had to throw the usual guide out of the window (the one using shining force and ring of peace to keep adds at bay) and go for mass root strat with boomkins and shamans, which we had. I think our boomkins got some white hair from all the failed attempts where hidden satyr and norgannon's trinket broke their own roots (they had to swap neck enchant and unequip pantheon in the end to make it more reliable).

Argus now that they nerfed immunities is less comp dependent than it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    Come on now. Your boss timer tells you what is going to happen next like a minute in advance and pretty much every single class has a CC for the army adds. It's really painful to read people who try to tell you with a straight face that you wipe on a hc encounter (or most mythic encounters even) due to RNG. It's the equivalent of "the dog eat my homework". Pathetic.
    It's really painful dealing with people like you who don't understand how the fights work in the raids yet pretend to be elitist edgelords. You don't even understand the fight. Even if you assign proper CCs, it's very possible you get poor placement of the safety zones. Try harder next time with your cuck BS. Pathetic.

I routinely pug it with 9/11M people and you hit the odd wipe. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    My guild struggled more to pass Kin'garoth than Coven on mythic, but Coven is this kind of fight where having multidotters stacked and benching as many melee as possible and keeping only minimal amount necessary for the interrupts makes it a completely different fight. Coven with crap setup sucks.

Aggramar is even worse when we come to setup requirements to make it smooth. You want 1-2 blood dks, 1-2 extra dps dks for single grips, less than 10 melee including holy palas and mw monks and 3 tanks, priest / shaman for mass dispel / purge the adds if they happen to get buffed, and specific amount of roots / knockbacks depending on strat. For example my guild didn't have disc priest / monk so we had to throw the usual guide out of the window (the one using shining force and ring of peace to keep adds at bay) and go for mass root strat with boomkins and shamans, which we had. I think our boomkins got some white hair from all the failed attempts where hidden satyr and norgannon's trinket broke their own roots (they had to swap neck enchant and unequip pantheon in the end to make it more reliable).

Argus now that they nerfed immunities is less comp dependent than it used to be.
    I can see that. I was thinking Kingaroth more, but in my guild we don't have the optimal setup that makes the fights easier, which means that, so far, Coven is a much harder fight than what we've gone up against. Kingaroth really just came down to having appropriate numbers and figuring out who to take off 1 add and put on a different one to kill them fast enough. Kingaroth really just reminds me of "make sure to look down the road before crossing," but o can also see it being a nightmare for healers.
    We only have 1 DK, so I'm sure Aggy will give us some problems, but I also think there's other strats that don't require them. Just requires a little better timing for adds as we won't always have the grips that people like.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    The only horror on lfr is when tanks go brain dead and just spin him around in circles.
    And they sure love doing that.

I can see that. I was thinking Kingaroth more, but in my guild we don't have the optimal setup that makes the fights easier, which means that, so far, Coven is a much harder fight than what we've gone up against. Kingaroth really just came down to having appropriate numbers and figuring out who to take off 1 add and put on a different one to kill them fast enough. Kingaroth really just reminds me of "make sure to look down the road before crossing," but o can also see it being a nightmare for healers.
    I remember when my guild was progressing Kin'garoth we had to again bench some classes that don't provide good enough burst for the adds, so not only did it require awareness with the balls, but also correct setup. Nowadays of course we have much more gear so it's less of an issue to kill adds in time. At start the situation was literally "oh our DH can't come today, guess we're leaving Kin'garoth for tomorrow".

We only have 1 DK, so I'm sure Aggy will give us some problems, but I also think there's other strats that don't require them.
    I think there's a strat that kites boss around the room and makes adds follow instead of mass griping them and using cc / knockbacks, but I reckon when we discussed it in my guild it sounded super convoluted and I didn't really delve into it since we could afford getting an extra dk in and go with the mass grip strat.