Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What was Ghostcrawler to WoW?

This man is fucking destroying League of Legends so I'm curious as to what he did for WoW during his time with Blizzard. Namely, was he bad for the game or were his contributions and himself liked?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let me see.... Desillusional people accused him of fucking destroying World of Warcraft, so there is that.

Hard to gauge is contribution since he was simply a piece in a big team. It would be silly to point fingers at him only - whatever fuckfest happened (if it happened at all), it was his fault AND the fault of everyone that worked with him!

He was the face of Blizzard towards the community. Stop imagining a single person destroying whatever game he works on.

10+ Year Old Account
    hes a good game designer who loves to be the scapegoat for idiots like OP, who think that one person alone makes game change decisions
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Is there are semi short version of how he destroyed LoL(I played about 5 or 6 years ago).

He got a lot of shit at Blizzard mostly because he was the PR guy. Personally I think he did a good job, unfortunately his own personal philosophy was more vanilla-esque than what we actually got hence the "rough" start to cataclysm where he had to about face and tow the line. I would have preferred it to stay on course but we ended up with LFR.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

He was lead class designer and in large responsible for class balance which for two of the three expansions he was in charge for was very, very good. To me he was "one of us" a genuine nerd of the game that got all the bad shit for being in a very public position that affected the game for all the players.

Celestalon was far, far worse. He actually admitted to playing WoW on a tablet...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Ghostcrawler was a game dev? I thought he was just a forum mod.

- - - Updated - - -

RIP Tseric

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people would never admit it but Ghostcrawler was a high contributor of both good and bad changes, just like EVERY other developer in games has been.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

He was literally Hitler!!!!!!

More seriously:

Guy was great imo.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    He was literally Hitler!!!!!!11111
    I was going to say Winston Churchill then I saw your reply. I'm not sure...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    This man is fucking destroying League of Legends so I'm curious as to what he did for WoW during his time with Blizzard. Namely, was he bad for the game or were his contributions and himself liked?
    He seriously destroying LoL, or simply some cries happening?

he was essentially the one who took all the fire from crybabies when they didnt get what they wanted

On this board he is some kind of messiah. In WoW he was just a dev who likes to tweet a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    they changed a big game system recently and my guess is that OP doesnt like so my 2 cents go with your 2nd guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Turnip punching bag

He was a gamedev and you were and still are just one of many players.

An employee that worked to make a living.

That's what he was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    hes a good game designer who loves to be the scapegoat for idiots like OP, who think that one person alone makes game change decisions
    This pretty much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I'd imagine the same way he was "destroying" WoW. Probably being the usual punching bag and hatred attractor, so that devs can work there in peace.

He was more than any of the savages ever deserved.

Same as cancer to human body.