Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    And your argument falls flat. The intent doesn't matter. Guns are also used for more than just "killing". Please tell me how effective the war on drugs is currently with all that regulation.
    "intent doesn't matter"

Quote Originally Posted by plagueshard801 View Post
    I have to wonder if removing the guns immediately puts mowing down 10-12 kids with a car on the table though. Even bombs. High score, just as you said.
    Bombs require more thought and knowledge to create. If you dont kill yourself making it. A car is easy to operate, just need to find a big enough crowd, which isnt hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    They could change the speed limit, doesn't need to be 65-75 mph, could save a lot of lives by doing this.
    Outstanding point, and a horrible thought. My daily commute, slowed to 30-40 mph would be a deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    "intent doesn't matter"
    In a way it doesnt. Q-tips are not intended for cleaning your ears 95% of people who purchase them use it for that purpose anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I don't know, people leave those sorts of comments of videos all the time. This looks like a case of 20/20 hindsight. You could probably investigate many people on this very board daily if that is the bar.
    You think he made vague threats? No, the FBI fucked up on this case. It was plain to see. He posted many pictures of guns. He made specific threats. I'd love for you to find any post on this message board that's similar to saying "I'm gonna shoot up a school" while showing a bunch of guns to other people..
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    I agree, but once they cant get that gun. Those kids standing on the corner look like a good option. Or maybe a bunch of bikers on a park path like what happened in NYC.
    Yeah, other options are out there, and could be much worse, on a bigger scale.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    In a way it doesnt. Q-tips are not intended for cleaning your ears 95% of people who purchase them use it for that purpose anyways.
    But it does matter when you are talking about cars and guns, and conveniently, that was exactly what it was about.

Outstanding point, and a horrible thought. My daily commute, slowed to 30-40 mph would be a deal breaker.
    Yeah, fuck all those people that are dying. My life and conveniences matter more.

I think we should start with mental health and happiness first.
    The US is totally the only country with mental health and happiness problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The US is totally the only country with mental health and happiness problems.
    I didn't say that, but it is a huge factor in gun violence.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    But it does matter when you are talking about cars and guns, and conveniently, that was exactly what it was about.
    Yeah, but the point is that many products are used for purposes other than intended. While you say a firearms intent is to kill, the vast majority of people who buy firearms arent doing so to commit murder, but rather as a tool in self defense. Other use is for sporting purposes, and even others use it for hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yeah, fuck all those people that are dying. My life and conveniences matter more.
    Whoa.... nice paraphrase! I only said it would suck to get to work at half the speed. In the same breath I also said it was an outstanding point which wouldn't make a lot of sense if I agreed with the vomit you just cast onto the thread.

Take a deep breath, you are way too high strung.

I didn't say that, but it is a huge factor in gun violence.
    I'm pretty sure the factor is dwarfed by the fact that the guns are there and available to buy in the first place. It is not my habit to shill for my country, but in Canada a 19 years old on medication and attending a mental health clinic would never, ever have been able to just waltz in a shop and buy an AR-15 plus ammo. So his mental state remaining the same, he is immediately far less dangerous. Yes, he could have used a knife and such, but that's a lot less lethal than a gun, and doesn't have the same fetishistic connotations that pushes some of these assholes to act.

That doesn't mean there are no shootings in Canada. There are. But per capita, there are far fewer of them. Zero risk doesn't exist, but that does not mean the nation needs to look at butchered children and tell themselves throwing more pills and shrinks at the problem will solve it, while in some states any idiot can buy a semi-automatic rifle for a couple hundred dollars.

Deleted
    Yeah, but the point is that many products are used for purposes other than intended. While you say a firearms intent is to kill, the vast majority of people who buy firearms arent doing so to commit murder, but rather as a tool in self defense. Other use is for sporting purposes, and even others use it for hunting.
    Killing someone in self defense isn't killing them any less then killing them when committing murder. Point remains that a gun is a tool made to kill stuff from a distance, while cars are made for transportation. Even though you can kill a person with a car, it wasn't explicitly designed to do this, unlike a gun.

"Sporting" shooting is nothing more then a glorified version of shooting practice (guess what they practiced for), and hunting is still killing.

To compare the two is a false equivalence, nothing more, nothing less.

This is a good point. Not one of my guns was purchased to kill people, or kill anything at all for that matter. The only thing I ever shoot is a bright orange rubber cube that bounces all over the place when it's hit. Very very fun, nothing is dying.
    Last edited by plagueshard801; 2018-02-16 at 10:00 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ego-centrism of people defending status quo

https://imgur.com/gallery/HoBtk

Ludicrous to have a prevalence of guns without safe storages in place for them. Oh no, repeating the discussion every week is much better ratings and continues to make security an easy profitable business to be in.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Whoa.... nice paraphrase! I only said it would suck to get to work at half the speed. In the same breath I also said it was an outstanding point which wouldn't make a lot of sense if I agreed with the vomit you just cast onto the thread.

Take a deep breath, you are way too high strung.
    You do agree with me, though. You agree that reducing the speed limit will reduce death. You called that an outstanding point. Then you said it's a terrible thought because your commute will be longer. Your time is more important to you than random people's lives.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is a good point. Not one of my guns was purchased to kill people, or kill anything at all for that matter.
    It's about as egocentric as you can get but sure
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I'm pretty sure the factor is dwarfed by the fact that the guns are there and available to buy in the first place.
    A happy person doesn't kill people. There are millions of people with guns available to them that aren't killing anyone. So, it's not the act of having a gun that's the main problem. You have your logic ALL sorts of fucked up.

Deleted
    This is a good point. Not one of my guns was purchased to kill people, or kill anything at all for that matter. The only thing I ever shoot is a bright orange rubber cube that bounces all over the place when it's hit. Very very fun, nothing is dying.
    If you buy a car only because you want to look at it doesn't make it "not designed to drive you around".