Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How does the xp nerf when there is a higher level in the party actually work?
    Let's say I'm lvl20 and running stockades with another 'booster'?
    Does the XP reduction kick in just when there's a 110? Or maybe anything past 60?
    Would I also be reduced wp if there was e.g. a 40 or a 25 in the group?

Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    Dungeon leveling has been the slowest method of leveling by far since they nerfed the xp during WoD because they wanted people out in the world and not just chaining dungeons... unless you're leveling a healer and can't kill world mobs quickly.

I'd be super surprised if the recent xp buff suddenly made dungeons worth doing. The only reason people chained them before is because they either didn't know about the xp nerf, didn't notice it, or didn't care it was slower and just wanted to keep doing the same dungeon spam routine the did prior to the WoD nerf for routine's sake.
    Yeah dungeons are only really worth it for the quests, to get some nice gear (it does make a difference) and as something that you may wanna do for fun, so that leveling doesn't feel too generic... basically it how it was in vanilla kinda

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    How does the xp nerf when there is a higher level in the party actually work?
    Let's say I'm lvl20 and running stockades with another 'booster'?
    Does the XP reduction kick in just when there's a 110? Or maybe anything past 60?
    Would I also be reduced wp if there was e.g. a 40 or a 25 in the group?
    I don't think that anything changed there, so it should be the same as always. Basically if you and someone else kill the same mob (if he's above your lvl "Tier") then you should be awarded no xp (or very very minimal). The dungeon bonus is unaffected by who is in your Group, but it has been significantly nerfed to a point where it's not worth anymore (or completely removed)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Do the Argus invasions still work and are they still worth it?

I'm at lvl103. I lvled normally until this point, but I'm pretty tired of the Legion zones tbh.
    It was patched. Now you have to be level 110 to use the toy and level 110 to use the invasion portal.

There's a way around that, but that's definitely exploit territory.

iirc the pots are useless if you have full heirlooms since 7.3.5
    You sure? I'm pretty sure atleast treasures gave me more with the pot. Dunno about objectives since I didnt' complete one without.

Edit. Just tested out with my other character, so at lvl99 treasures gave me 33600 without pot and 38080 with pot. Bonus objective gave me 126905 with pot and 113025 without pot, at lvl100. The bonus objective without pot was done at 100 since I levelled the character in the earlier bonus objective. But clearly the potion still stacks with heirlooms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    WoD leveling was never a problem. 1-90 is what sucks
    I think this character is actually one of the fastest characters I've levelled to 100. BUt then again I dont mind questing and I can do that pretty effieciently.
    Last edited by Corroc; 2018-02-16 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    You sure? I'm pretty sure atleast treasures gave me more with the pot. Dunno about objectives since I didnt' complete one without.

Edit. Just tested out with my other character, so at lvl99 treasures gave me 33600 without pot and 38080 with pot. Bonus objective gave me 126905 with pot and 113025 without pot, at lvl100. The bonus objective without pot was done at 100 since I levelled the character in the earlier bonus objective. But clearly the potion still stacks with heirlooms.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this character is actually one of the fastest characters I've levelled to 100. BUt then again I dont mind questing and I can do that pretty effieciently.
    Dammit then, thx for the info though.

I thought that Blizz made a xp bonus cap (50%), but apparently this only applies to RaF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you get 90-98/100 just off treasures still?

its questing but it was patched

Quote Originally Posted by lloskka View Post
    The Experience gaines with a major level character is so low now, so not worth it AT ALL
    It is actually the fastes way to level from 1-60, even with the nerfs. I leveled a velf to level 110 in 30 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by bbj View Post
    After 7.3.5 and come world level scaling, which is the best and fastest way to level an alt? I'll be purchasing BfA soon and level Velf warlock so I wanted to know what would be solid choice between: questing > dungeon or quest + queue in dungeon (doing dungeon quests once etc.)?

Please advice, thank u.
    Given the zone scaling and dungeons giving significant xp, I'd imagine questing while queuing would be the most efficient and likely the most fun and therefore the least painful (YMMV obviously). Before, dungeons really kind of ruined leveling IMO because you could suddenly out level the zone you're in by doing a single dungeon and then having to find the next most efficient zone took time away from leveling.

Now you can quest, jump into a dungeon and gain 2+ levels and then just hop back into questing with no interruption to your questing efficiency.

That's what I'm planning on doing anyway.

Personally, I'd much rather have fun for 20+ hours than grind and not be having fun for 15-19 hours because fun is the purpose of me playing the game in the first place and the slight improvement in leveling speed isn't worth the "pain" of doing it the boring way. As always though, YMMV and to each their own, I'm not trying to tell people how to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Yes, I did it with my highmountain tauren 2 days ago. Started at 92 in Shadowmoon Valley though, went to Talador until 96, then Spires of Arak & Nagrand.
    Mixed 3-4 Bonus Objectives in occasionally. Managed to get from 90 to 102 in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladane View Post
    Are you using the shortcut to the left as you enter and making sure you tick off all those mini-bosses, I nearly missed the turtle a couple of times in my speed to rush through myself :-) I found just AoE-ing constantly, keeping running, and pulling the packs that you draw along with you, and just AoE-ing them all down when you hit a mini-boss was quite fast. IIRC there's 5-6 mini-bosses in there which each are worth half a quests xp (at that level), and I was looping it in about 6 minutes. I suspect if you have good AoE, a decent innate speed boost ability etc. it may greatly help.

To be honest, I blew through 88 and 89 so quickly I didn't keep much or a track of exact xp etc. But I recall only having to do around 5-6 full loops before I hit 90. I did also experiment a little as well (which may have helped my xp) with running in, killing the troll straight in front of you, then cutting left and doing the insect mini-boss and then reseting which may have added a bit to the xp. The insect mini-boss dropped some kind of honeycomb thing which when opened has some quite valuable (on my server's AH anyway) items, so I did that resetting about 5-6 times as well to experiment with the xp gain and get the money, but I figured that I was going to hit the instance lockout very quickly if I kept that up, so I returned to full loops.
    I'm playing a Frost DK at the moment. The AOE is decent, but the movement speed isn't. But I also can't really pull that many enemies at 88. 3 or 4 and the damage outstrips my healing. Maybe it'll be better at 89?

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Yes this is still the fastest way to lvl though draenor without the potion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Personally, i like to do a mixture of Dungeons and questing. Basically, i run around doing quests and queued for a dungeon, when it comes up, i just run the dungeon. They give a bit more xp now after the hotfix so its not too bad. I get a bit over a level every dungeon so far at lvl 43. Im getting instant queues right now tho cus im going as healer, sp since i get instant queues ive mostly just been sitting at the inn and just queuing when i feel like. But i'd usually be questing if im queuing as a dps to keep my downtime low.

Quote Originally Posted by Majinbull View Post
    Yes this is still the fastest way to lvl though draenor without the potion.
    Bonus objectives are very much worth doing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladane View Post
    Are you using the shortcut to the left as you enter and making sure you tick off all those mini-bosses, I nearly missed the turtle a couple of times in my speed to rush through myself :-) I found just AoE-ing constantly, keeping running, and pulling the packs that you draw along with you, and just AoE-ing them all down when you hit a mini-boss was quite fast. IIRC there's 5-6 mini-bosses in there which each are worth half a quests xp (at that level), and I was looping it in about 6 minutes. I suspect if you have good AoE, a decent innate speed boost ability etc. it may greatly help.

To be honest, I blew through 88 and 89 so quickly I didn't keep much or a track of exact xp etc. But I recall only having to do around 5-6 full loops before I hit 90. I did also experiment a little as well (which may have helped my xp) with running in, killing the troll straight in front of you, then cutting left and doing the insect mini-boss and then reseting which may have added a bit to the xp. The insect mini-boss dropped some kind of honeycomb thing which when opened has some quite valuable (on my server's AH anyway) items, so I did that resetting about 5-6 times as well to experiment with the xp gain and get the money, but I figured that I was going to hit the instance lockout very quickly if I kept that up, so I returned to full loops.
    I just did another run at 89. I killed almost everything, including the fish and alligators. The Hydras are worth double normal kills. The yellow neutral enemies are worth 500 a pop, but die easily. I ended up getting like 90% of a level in about 20 minutes. So I guess I was wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Do the Argus invasions still work and are they still worth it?

I'm at lvl103. I lvled normally until this point, but I'm pretty tired of the Legion zones tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

iirc the pots are useless if you have full heirlooms since 7.3.5
    20% exp is 20%. Stack it with the 20% from the inn in Spires of Arak and it's pretty noticeably faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick question: Has the WoD 20% experience potion ALWAYS been level 91 required? Or did they change that?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

Quick question: Has the WoD 20% experience potion ALWAYS been level 91 required? Or did they change that?
    I dont know but i was 92 when I was done with level 2 garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I dont know but i was 92 when I was done with level 2 garrison.
    The 20% experience potion has always been WoD zone specific basically and lasted 1 hour. The potion that wasn't level specific (Potion of the Rapid Mind) only lasted 15 minutes and was 300%, they removed that one from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    they removed that one from the game.
    They only removed it's ability to drop. If someone wants to blow a lot of gold, you can still find some on the AH.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    They only removed it's ability to drop. If someone wants to blow a lot of gold, you can still find some on the AH.
    It's also apparently available from the BMAH occasionally. You're right I should have been more specific in that they basically removed the ability for players to farm it, it's not been removed or deactivated or anything, it's just prohibitively expensive to acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The 20% experience potion has always been WoD zone specific basically and lasted 1 hour. The potion that wasn't level specific (Potion of the Rapid Mind) only lasted 15 minutes and was 300%, they removed that one from the game.
    Thank you. I'm aware of what happened with the 300% potion. But that's not what I asked.

WoD content is 90+. I could have swore the 20% potion was usable at 90 and not 91. Maybe I'm just remembering it wrong, which is why I asked.