Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkrysa View Post
    Why wouldn't the police just run away and lock the door behind them?
    Then they could regroup and come up with a plan to capture the kid or even wait for additional officers to arrive with more tools that could be useful for capturing the kid?

You could even run away, surround the house, and then wait for an hour so that the kid could calm down and then move in again. While waiting they could use the time to formulate a plan just in case the kid doesn't calm down.
    you are joking right?

and get stabbed in the back because the kid already has momentum or he throws it
    Last edited by plato13; 2018-02-16 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I don't think you (we/I) need to be handled differently... but the police should know how someone with say ASD, schizophrenia, etc may act, and that those actions are not meant to be violent or hostile.

Thankfully it is now starting to take place:

First responders use autism awareness as life-saving tool
    http://www.whas11.com/article/news/l.../417-518082653

Police beginning 'Autism Alert System' Thursday
    New program to aid emergency response for autistic children, adults
    http://www.greensburgdailynews.com/n...ee826e8c7.html

These are all relatively new programs started in late 2017 or 2018...

The thing that bugged me is the seemingly blanket statement used by some of the posters here "if you act violent you get shot". "Violent" at times is subjective. I do not act violent intentionally, how other people see me I cannot really "help". If police are told to act like robots and told not to use judgement before they shoot people, that, it seems to me, is a formula for disaster. Because violence will beget violence, and if more people start feeling victimized by the police, they will start doing bad things, like being more violent toward them.

I do not want violence from cops unnecessarily hurting people, nor people/citizens hurting cops.
    Yes you do. That's why you claim you lament the lack of "minority handling training". So, i need to be treated differently based on my skin color by cops, according to you.

And I guess we'll just rescind the police since they're so evil and then the community can police itself. Victimization is a wonderful thing. For people that truly get fucked over, there are wonderful cunts that claim racism if they get pulled over. So, no more police.

Let me put it this way. If training and handling black people differently by the cops means less cops and black people die as a result, I would support that.

But this thread was about Asperger’s, and other developmental disorders or mental illness. That is more what I was getting at.
    It was. But then you mentioned how I'm supposed to be scared of cops.

And what does different handling mean? I was handled like a human being. So, what happened? Why wasn't I dragged out of my car and arrested for having a tag light out? Why did they stop pulling me over once I fixed the light? I'm black, they're cops. Why aren't I being treated like shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    How to not get shot by the police, the guide.

Step 1 - don't draw weapons on police officers...

Easy to scrutinize cops, when you are sitting on your ass in a cozy chair being smartass on the Internet and not the one who has a knife drawn towards.

But I forgot, cops have this special superman training that allows them to block knives with their bodies made of steel.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2018-02-16 at 10:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-1...friend/9449158

Ignoring the fact that you have to be exceptionally slow to get stabbed with a knife, why do cops automatically reach for lethal weapons when threatened instead of using non-lethal options? Do they want their gun licenses to be revoked?
    Actually there's a thing called "21-foot rule". Various tests have shown that to be the minimum "safe" distance against a knife attacker. If the attacker is 21 feet away and charges towards the officer, an unprepared cop has just enough time to draw his gun and shoot. If the attacker is a few feet closer, the officer must already be prepared to shoot. Any closer than that, and the knifeman gets to stab the officer before he has a chance to gun the attacker down. If the distance is 5-7 feet, the officer can't get a shot off before he gets stabbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to have a problem with being lumped into groups, fine.

But you are dismissing other people’s experiences because you don’t experience what they do. That’s a classical trait of ASD; maybe try working past that.

I have the same issue, which is why I ask people, watch documentaries, read books, etc, it helps to add to the missing information.

To answer your question, I don’t know, I’m not black; there are lots of black groups that deal with that question that can answer it batter than I can.
    Guess what, majority of people who interact with the police don't get plastered on a ground or shot. Here is the guide, just about how you can pull that out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZWzseKNltY

so cops did their job. good on them.

You seem to have a problem with being lumped into groups, fine.

But you are dismissing other people’s experiences because you don’t experience what they do. That’s a classical trait of ASD; maybe try working past that.

I have the same issue, which is why I ask people, watch documentaries, read books, etc, it helps to add to the missing information.

To answer your question, I don’t know, I’m not black; there are lots of black groups that deal with that question that can answer it batter than I can.
    And you decide my (and others) feelings and experiences based on skin color.

So, if cops aren't taking chems to make the black man a hideous being, how do all cops become racist against minorities? That has been decided for them just like me fearing cops has been decided for me.

Maybe portraying all cops as murderbots undercuts your premise of wanting to understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Shooting in the chest is the standard everywhere in the world. By the time you pull out your gun it's clear that you're about to shoot. Maybe people should learn to not make sudden moves and listen to what the Police has to say. You don't have the time to stop and check if the black object in someone's hand is a gun or a remote, it can mean getting killed.
    False, I've seen plenty of articles of law enforcement in my country succesfully firing at people's legs. Usually these were the minor cases of "we REALLY have to shoot".

Not too long ago there was an incident at the airport where a lad with a knife was shot in the leg. Clearly our boys are a cut above yours if we can manage it so often.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    False, I've seen plenty of articles of law enforcement in my country succesfully firing at people's legs. Usually these were the minor cases of "we REALLY have to shoot".

Not too long ago there was an incident at the airport where a lad with a knife was shot in the leg. Clearly our boys are a cut above yours if we can manage it so often.
    those are pretty poorly trained cops then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    Yeah, imagine if they were properly trained. Just put 4 through the chest and call it a day. What an easy life!

Yeah, imagine if they were properly trained. Just put 4 through the chest and call it a day. What an easy life!
    you have to make a putt into a hole to stop someone from being murdered. you can do any of these options, keeping in kind you have 1.5 seconds to take the shot:
    a. do it at 1ft (body shot)
    b. do it at 10ft (leg shot)
    c. do it at 100ft (headshot)

you would have to be an egotistical fuck to even risk anything that's not option A. Risking not only yourself, but others around you to try and showcase your "sharpshooting".

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    more strawman nonsense
    Indeed, usually when people apply that term in a discussion here, the reasoning is nonsense.

A gun is not a force field. Simply having it drawn does not protect a police officer from an assailant unless he fires it. If a knife wielding crazy person is lunging at a police officer then there is, absolutely a very real and very high probability of injury or death to a trained police officer unless he is prepared to shoot the attacker.
    From 10, 20, 30 meters? You think a cop walks over to some strange-behaving guy with a knife in his hands?

Sorry to be so blunt about this, but it's pretty clear that you know little/nothing about guns, about firing guns, or about gunshot wounds. You sound like someone who bases his opinion of how things are on fiction you watch on TV.
    You can be as blunt as you want, but you assume too much. I love guns, I love shooting guns, and I've served in the army. I just don't consider them necessary in public space, and should be confined to shooting ranges, and available for properly trained police officers that use them as a last resort in a situation where there is a high probability that innocent people will die. But no, I don't have personal experience with gunshot wounds, I'm glad to say. Still, I should be able to hit the legs of a guy 10 meters away from me in the legs. I've read about incidents where the police has purposefully done this here. It's not some far-fetched movie trick.

First off Leg-shots are difficult. It is very easy to miss. This means that not only do you fail to stop your attacker (who in the case would then have an opportunity to inflict serious, debilitating and likely life threatening injuries in seconds) but you might also hit other civilians.
    If you miss the legs then fire at what you can hit, you have an automatic pistol with many rounds. I don't know if anyone with that poor aim should be police officers though. Funny how the police in these examples are clumsy as fuck, but the random knife-guy is some sort of samurai that can fuck you up in a second.

Secondly, the potential benefit of a leg shot isn't as great as you think it is. Gunshot wounds to the leg are not particularly safe. A direct hit to the femoral artery can result in death in minutes. If the bullet hits a bone it can shatter the bone leading to a massively complicated injury. Amputation and/or death from a "simple" leg shot is not uncommon.
    Nobody says it's safe, but it's better than hitting the chest. Even if you by chance did hit a vein/artery, you can still save his life by applying a tourniquet before he dies.

So basically your suggestion of aiming for the leg is just plain retarded.
    If so, let someone with some decent arguments set me straight.

Aiming at the chest doesn't mean that a cop wants to kill a perpetrator. It is by no means a guaranteed death. What it is, is a the most likely method of stopping a criminal who poses a real threat to other people and needs to be restrained. Nothing in this story suggests that the cops just rocked up at the scene, saw a knife and then decided to kill the wielder. It is strongly implied that the 'kid' was wielding a knife, threatening the police and made a sudden move to attack the cops from close range. The cops reacted correctly.
    If you can't hit the legs, how in the blazes are you supposed to give the guy a non-lethal shot to the chest? There is usually something very sensitive in that area, and if you hit the heart it's instantly game over. The reason to "hit center mass" is not just because it's a big target, but a hit has the highest probability to stop the attacker permanently, something which too many people don't give a shit about, especially in a macho environment.

I don't believe that anyone here is suggesting as such either.
    Look closer, almost every police brutality thread in here has these "He deserved to die since he didn't listen to the police", like that's true justice, and not just a sad reality we should try to change.

PS: Just to add some context here. I am absolutely NOT advocating for cops to kill. In fact I fully support the notion of less death-by-cops. But I don't live in a TV fantasy world and I understand that here in the real world there aren't always rosy choices and we cannot always expect an ideal outcome.
    And I'm not saying that there is never a situation that police needs to shoot people, but it's almost weekly I read about these incidents, and they're almost always in the US, and I think that says a little about the attitude towards people that are either too stupid, mental or afraid to act according to the police officers arrest routines. And often these people are poor "losers" that nobody important will get upset about.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    you have to make a putt into a hole to stop someone from being murdered. you can do any of these options, keeping in kind you have 1.5 seconds to take the shot:
    a. do it at 1ft (body shot)
    b. do it at 10ft (leg shot)
    c. do it at 100ft (headshot)

you would have to be an egotistical fuck to even risk anything that's not option A. Risking not only yourself, but others around you to try and showcase your "sharpshooting".
    Of course they can shoot on the torso if the situation calls for it. But if the cop in question deems it safe enough to shoot the leg, they'll certainly do that before pumping lead in the heart. Doesn't mean shooting the chest is "the standard".
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2018-02-16 at 10:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats the thing in sane countries where you don't let every retard, mentally insane and petty crook have a free gun. Cops are trained to actually avoid killing someone as much as they can. They have to issue a verbal warning, proceed to shoot first up as a warning and only after a those steps they can shoot to legs in attempt to disable the target. And it works because they rarely encounter someone with a gun since as mentioned they don't live in a severely retarded society that hands free guns to every piece of shit. In Europe if you are no ISIS with some underground crap resources to get weapons you would have to pay a lot on black market (and have the connections to that kind of shit to begin with) to be able to get the shittiest hand gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Thats the thing in sane countries where you don't let every retard, mentally insane and petty crook have a free gun. Cops are trained to actually avoid killing someone as much as they can. They have to issue a verbal warning, proceed to shoot first up as a warning and only after a those steps they can shoot to legs in attempt to disable the target. And it works because they rarely encounter someone with a gun since as mentioned they don't live in a severely retarded society that hands free guns to every piece of shit. In Europe if you are no ISIS with some underground crap resources to get weapons you would have to pay a lot on black market (and have the connections to that kind of shit to begin with) to be able to get the shittiest hand gun.
    and those would be horribly trained officers. i would NEVER want them serving my community. they are ineffective and risk public safety taking EXTREMELY risky shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    proceed to shoot first up as a warning
    That's the dumbest thing said so far in this thread. People watch way too much TV.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    That's the dumbest thing said so far in this thread. People watch way too much TV.
    Standard protocol here actually, works quite often in fact.

Deleted

Cops aim for the legs if they have ample time to make a carefully aimed shot. If the suspects are immediately threatening someone, it's the torso.

It's rather obvious that ppl who keep waving their hands here demanding that cops aim for the limbs are completely clueless about the realities of life-and-death combat situations. Reality is not some god damn FPS game.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2018-02-16 at 10:55 PM.

Standard protocol here actually, works quite often in fact.
    no its not, you are just making shit up.