Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    - Bring back currencies : Honor for regular arena/bg, Conquest for weekly 3v3 / 2v2 OR RBG (Not all at once. People don't like doing 2v2, or 3v3, or RBG)

- Buyable piece of gear with chosen stats. Each part is the classic stamina/intel (For exemple), and 2 stats. Basically, each part have different variations of stats (mastery, haste, crit, versa. Gear will be mastery/crit, mastery/haste, mastery/versa, haste/crit etc etc...) that you can choose = more customization, something that lacks a lot in PvP. If i want to have a full mastery set, fine. The other guy next to me can prefer going full haste, it's his choice. It might sounds stupid, but having an "armory" like type of building for PvP where you can buy different part of your gear (Like in the tournament realm) is not that... weird considering it's "Alliance vs Horde" theme.

- I know they want to remove sets, but i think it's needed in PvP. Buyable part of the gear should be at 7 parts. Helm, shoulders, chest, hands, legs, and the 2 trinkets. (Trinkets had a bad history of "WTF" in PvP. Remember Wotlk, Cata, MoP). The entire set is only for the 7-part bonus : making it mandatory for PvP. It can be something like "Increase damage and healing done to PvP players by 15% in PvP situations, reduce damage and healing done by 15% on PvE encounter. Give me access to [Insert a PvP spell that your class desperatly need.]".

- Rating should be a thing again with gear. I would love to see 3 tier of PvP gear for one season. Let's take this season as an example. You can have ilvl 950 max as PvP now. (If we forgot the rng titan forging shit thing). 965 by doing ONE +15.
    The 3 tiers would be something like that :

--- "BG tier" : A buyable-by-everyone gear with Honor (and all the rest), let's say, equal ilvl than the current PvE tier. (Normal Antorus for example, 930?)
    --- Gladiator Tier : A buyable-with-rating tier with Honor and a few Conquest points, recolor of the first one, slightly higher ilvl (+10). Each of the 7 parts have 1 socket on it - i'll explain later. (Rating variation might be the Wotlk type of rating : 1500 : hands | 1600 : legs (and all the rest) | 1700 : chest | 1800 : helm | 1900 : trinkets | 2000 : shoulders
    --- Elite Gladiator Tier : A buyable-with-rating tier with full Conquest points, and different skin. (Ilvl +10 again, so, 950.). This time, with 2 sockets each (Not on trinkets). 2100 : hands | 2200 : legs (and all the rest -elite appearance) | 2300 : chest+trinkets | 2400 : helm | 2500 : shoulders.

+ "All the rest" mean the non-set gear : rings, cloak, belt etc... (The neck will be the new Artefact thing)
    + Once buy, you can buy it at half price with your alt. Or you own character, if you want to change your build.

Sockets can be filled with "PvP gems", which are buyable for Honor, once again, have any possible stats, and only work in PvP. I think reforging was awesome and and remove it in PvP is a bad idea, so, i had this idea of replacement for customization.

Resume : If you want to PvP, you'll need the PvP set, if you want to PvE, the PvE one. You can customize it with the stats, you have incentives to progress (More ilvl, more customization, transmogs.) with rating, PvE can have his importance for the other parts, but not as crucial as i looks.

And voilà.

Jìmjim.
    Last edited by mmoc2e63c0190a; 2018-02-09 at 05:46 PM.

The gearing system in wolk was perfect. You did random bgs for honour to buy gear and if you didn't want to do ranked you still got gladiator currency by winning a daily bg. It took several months but I remember getting a full gladiator set without entering an arena once. It gave me incentive to pvp every day and the satisfaction of getting the highest level of pvp gear made it all worth it.

Now, the only way to get current gladiator gear is to play ranked arena which I hate, or ranked bgs which is impossible.

I've always been fan of PvP and PvE gear being separate, that's what I want. Also: better models, more of them for different ranks and most importantly more spikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    No, it was because they didn't want PvP to be the way you gear up for PvE, as it had been too often in the past. PvP was neutered so it wouldn't interfere with all the PvE world quests and various levels of 5 mans, and not force PvE players into PvP if they didn't want to be there.
    Before you post make sure you understand this. If you don't understand this, there is no point.

Did Legion get an update with the gear? I saw a streamer or somebody say recently say there was a 5 ilevel boost or something

Wotlk gear vendors were perfect
    ( And nobody complained )
    c

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Indil View Post
    Wotlk gear vendors were perfect
    ( And nobody complained )
    Including the rating requirement for shoulders etc?

Because I rememeber everyone hated that.

I think the way Blizz is going is to make templates that is more like main stat oriented. Maybe a fixed intellect, strength, stamina etc and have secondary stats matter. So if they just bring back old pvp gears from honour and arena points or whatever it would be fine honestly. I don't mind a template for the main stats. But a template for everything offers no customization in pvp which sucks. There are multiple ways to play a char in pvp, some are obviously better than others, but it is always fun to try high mastery or high crit or something for random bgs.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Revert to a mixture of pre-WoD honor/arena point currency system and rating requirements, and the WoD scaling-ilvl system for pvp gear. Those systems were just spot on and didn't need changing. Specially not changing to this garbage.

Alternatively, like everyone is saying, just bring back Wrath.
    Last edited by Hyral; 2018-02-16 at 01:28 PM.

Make it exactly like WotLK

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

Noobs hated it. Everyone knew they were noobs just be looking at them. Good old days I tell you.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.

Dragonslayers don't matter.

Remove all stats from pvp gear and make it fully cosmetic.
    Remove the scaling bonus dmg based on ilevel - throughout the entire expansion the template gear provided in arenas/bgs/rbgs should be the same without any changes except balance changes.
    Compensate the removal of said items by adding a LOT more rewards - variety of pets and color sets, titles, mounts (also perhaps special pvp mounts for lower ratings but less fancy/less armor compared to the Gladiator armored items), tabards, unique weapon skins, sets, additional things your character can put on(like the PvP flag outside arenas), etc. Add rating requirements to some of them to make them more exclusive, everything purchased just for gold from a vendor if you have the rating.

The "advancement" in PvP is rating-based. If gear can impact your performance, it makes it a requirement, not advancement. The only real advacement in PvP should be focused on gaining rating. And a long the way, blizzard will provide you with many incentives to keep your interest!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Noobs hated it. Everyone knew they were noobs just be looking at them. Good old days I tell you.
    But now you get the same model from LFR too, which wasnt the case back then.

I do like the idea of showing of achievements through gear more though, but not sure this was the best way. We already got elite sets for that too nowadays.

Mop system. Or s8 woltk without rating requirements. I do like some pve gear in pvp, used to be of the standard opinion that its aids, but as we can see the % of players that actually only do pvp is very very very low. And it allows for very interesting customizations (something which wod/legion had 0 off, there was a tiny bit in mop (haste vs mastery on mm hunters for example) and a lot in earlier expansions (capping hit, getting spell penetration as a hyrbid, arp vs strenghts or agility, when to start going arp, haste vs spellpower, spriti vs crit for spriests etc etc etc).

Also, and this is important. Make pvp gear better then lfg and normal gear (or whatever the lowest 2 tiers are atm), so the lower end of the bracket gets filled up again by people trying to grind out pvp gear to replace bad pve parts and alts trying to gear up.

Imo the huge loss of pvp participation from mop to wod was that soo normal (i.e current heroic) dropped 553 gear, pvp gear was 550. So everyone who geared up an alt or was late to the party did lfg and/or flex and spend the rest of the time grinding 2v2/3v3 for the points (and due to the conquest catchup system there were a lot of those). Quite a few of them decided they liked pvp and stuck around.

Deleted
    have it buyable again like from classic till wod. And like wod have it be bewteen normal and hc ilvl of current raid but scale up in pvp to be as good as mythic gear. ANd no templates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Dragonslayers don't matter.
    are lot more pve'rs though then pvp, and pve is main thing in the game at core not pvp.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Remove the difference between Combatant and Gladiator gear from unranked battlegrounds. There's no reason there should be 1 set with a lower itemlevel in the same RNG pool of items.

Would love a currency for actual pvp gear too instead (not just mark of honor, which is pretty much for older/cosmetic sets) so we can choose the slot instead of only choosing after obliterating enough.

The only people that hated it were the people who weren't good enough to get them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Only because there were three seasons and only two raid tiers.

If there had been a third raid tier, the S3 gear wouldn't have been the same iLevel as normal raids.
    Well that's just wrong...

The seasons corresponded to the release of new raid instances, season 1 was on par with Highmaul, season 2 was on par with BRF, season 3 was on par with HFC, it was by design and intended... If there had been a 4th raid released, there would have been a 4th PvP season as well.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Just bring back vendors honor point gear and conquest gear. Allow people to upgrade there gear with honor as well to encourage battleground spamming. Let people get conquest points through battlegrounds, world pvp, skirmishes, and rated arena.

Let us run whatever gear we want in battlegrounds but restrict the gear in arena. Bring back profession bonus but make them only useable once you have two profession at the current expansion point system.

I want my engineering + orc racial back so, I can one shot flag carriers.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-02-23 at 03:29 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Get a set from random bgs/skrims
    upgarde set at 1500 cr wq/lfr
    upgrade the set at 1800 cr normal
    upgrade the set at 2100 cr heroic
    upgrade the set at 2300 cr mythic

also a vanity vendor with the same tiering, pets, toys, mounts, tabards, ect.