Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    A shitty place trying to be less shitty by hiding the shit it's notorious for peddling. Even their salad is unhealthy. Just sell healthy food instead.
    Other places sell healthy food, when I eat at McDonalds it's because I want some unhealthy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Hey I know guy who doesn't sell drugs but will sell someone crack if they ask for it.
    Tell him he would sell 16% more if he had it on the menu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If someone is really desperate to have a cheeseburger or soda with their Happy Meal they can say "can I get that with a cheeseburger or soda" to the person serving them.

Now find the definition of reduced fat ice cream.
    It doesn't exist because you cant call it ice cream unless it has 10% fat in it. They can call it low fat ice milk, or low fat frozen dairy desert, but they cannot use the words ice cream unless it meets the definition. Its like saying low fat lard. You cant remove the fat from it and have it be the same product

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesn't exist because you cant call it ice cream unless it has 10% fat in it. They can call it low fat ice milk, or low fat frozen dairy desert, but they cannot use the words ice cream unless it meets the definition. Its like saying low fat lard. You cant remove the fat from it and have it be the same product
    Well...they do. So either you or McDonalds have a gap somewhere in your knowledge of US food labeling laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Chocolate milk is much better than soft drink. Never had a milkshake with a burger before?
    Had a milkshake, yes but not chocolate milk.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Yeah, because if you run outside for 1 hour you'll burn 2000 calories

Your weight is 90% the food you eat. Physical activity does almost nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

They probably meant 230 mg Sodium. No way they put almost 3 times more lol.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a lot when you look how the burger looks like. McDonald's burgers are small and they're full of calories.

And Carbs have no role other than giving you energy, which with a low carb diet you'll have anyway. Your body can make do without any carbs eaten.
    You don't need to run to burn calories, and you don't need to burn 2000 in a single activity unless you're trying to serious bodybuild.

You just have to stay active, and your body will do its thing. Not staying active, but continuing to eat unnecessary calories is how you get fat.

If I'm sick, or it's a Sunday and I just feel like staying home and being lazy, I try to eat like 500-1000 calories since I know I won't be burning much. During a work day or before/after the gym I aim for the 2000+ or more (granted I'm a vegetarian.. so I'm CONSTANTLY eating fruit, veggies, cottage cheese and protein shakes since they're all naturally low calorie low carb foods).

Like, it's such a simple analogy. Calories are like gasoline, you pump what your car burns. Difference is, unlike calories, your car doesn't absorb the leftover gas and get fat. If your day consists of sitting in front of a computer, burning ~80 calories an hour from fidgeting, moving your fingers and eyes, do you -really- need that 1200 calorie cheeseburger for lunch?

Edit: so curiously I googled how much calories someone playing WoW burns in an hour, and surprisingly if you're doing something intense that requires concentration and fast reflexes like arenas or raiding, you're burning about ~200 calories an hour. That's cool
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2018-02-16 at 07:36 PM.

if mcdonalds wants to promote healthy food they should just close down all of their restaurants.

like seriously the whole point of that shit is that you go in to eat garbage.

this is like a liquor store hosting AA meetings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post

do you -really- need that 1200 calorie cheeseburger for lunch?
    life isnt about what you need, it's about what you want.

Ridiculous. That's super Anti-American to remove a traditional food and drink from their menu. Society is trying to strip American traditions away, because they don't deem it fit for the new generation. Also, it's a free nation. Who are you to tell me what I can't and can spend my money on?

Theres a difference between being annoyed and questioning disingenuous PR stunts, what this is, a PR stunt.
    Exactly. I posted the nutrition info a ways back, and it's not really much of an improvement.

Factor in these:

-Burgers are somehow demonized these days. They are the poster-child of fast food culture. When, in reality, a Tuna Salad sandwich is not much different. The guilty party is the fries and soda. And they've been relentlessly advertising $1 Any Size Coca-Cola for months.

-Kids will select the burger and their parents will let them.

-McD already knows that kids will opt for chocolate (highly sweetened) milk instead of regular milk, despite the option. The addition of kids bottle water is a false choice.

-Other research shows that putting a healthy thing on a menu actually increases sales of the unhealthy thing. It goes like this: if I see I can order a salad as my side, I'll actually order the fries, because psychologically the thought is, "I can get the salad next time." Read up on that, I don't feel like linking.

So yes, it is just a PR gesture for their declining sales.

I'd have other advice: make the food better.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    They need to ban fast food period, god knows how people eat that stuff... Yuk ;P
    Nope. It is completely fine in moderation, just a shame that the fatties are ruining it for everyone by eating it waaay too much. Don't know why normal people have to be punished for something that they are not doing.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't need to run to burn calories, and you don't need to burn 2000 in a single activity unless you're trying to serious bodybuild.

You just have to stay active, and your body will do its thing. Not staying active, but continuing to eat unnecessary calories is how you get fat.

If I'm sick, or it's a Sunday and I just feel like staying home and being lazy, I try to eat like 500-1000 calories since I know I won't be burning much. During a work day or before/after the gym I aim for the 2000+ or more (granted I'm a vegetarian.. so I'm CONSTANTLY eating fruit, veggies, cottage cheese and protein shakes since they're all naturally low calorie low carb foods).

Like, it's such a simple analogy. Calories are like gasoline, you pump what your car burns. Difference is, unlike calories, your car doesn't absorb the leftover gas and get fat. If your day consists of sitting in front of a computer, burning ~80 calories an hour from fidgeting, moving your fingers and eyes, do you -really- need that 1200 calorie cheeseburger for lunch?

Edit: so curiously I googled how much calories someone playing WoW burns in an hour, and surprisingly if you're doing something intense that requires concentration and fast reflexes like arenas or raiding, you're burning about ~200 calories an hour. That's cool
    It goes back to the simple equation of cals out > cals in.
    Last edited by TJ; 2018-02-17 at 02:22 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Baked Fries - Gross and not crispy
    Grilled Chicken tenders - boring and tasteless unless you drench them in some kind of sauce which would then make them unhealthy
    Veggie burger - disgusting, nothing like a real burger taste or texture wise, and kids will never eat one

If youre going out to eat, its ok to eat good, tasty food. If youre doing it too often, that's not anyone's responsibility but youre own. They already replaced the fries with apple slices or gogurt, now they take away the chocolate milk and cheeseburger. Why not take away the toy too because that promotes a sedentary lifestyle while they sit and play with it.

Why not just serve your kid a bowl of lettuce and bottle of water for every meal??
    I *personally* do not think there is anything wrong with having regular fries and a cheeseburger on the menu, but to my knowledge they have NO healthy main entree item for kids and they could stand to use one. To my knowledge, all they have is cheeseburger or chicken nuggets. Chicken nuggets are not terrible but they are not healthy either.

Also you're totally wrong about baked fries, they are amazing and also a good way to cut calories if you're watching your weight. The calories in baked fries/potato if you use very low to no oil/cooking spray is around 100 calories, while an order of fries can be 500-900 calories.

Dipping sauces can be low calorie and healthy, mustard is a good one.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay this is terrible advice. No adult human should be eating 500 calories a day, you're going to cause metabolic damage. Go look up what your BMR is which for most adults is around 1500 calories, give or take a couple hundred depending on height/weight (most people are not below 1500 unless you're a 4'11 female). There are calculators online. That is what your body needs AT REST aka if you were in bed sleeping all day.

Your protein needs are actually higher if you cut calories that drastically, same as if you weight train/exercise. You're not going to get sufficient protein at 500 calories to prevent lean body mass loss even if all you ate for the day was super lean protein sources like egg whites.

Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    What are they replacing the cheeseburger with? What is less unhealthy than a cheeseburger in their menu? Just a burger? Are they really blaming the cheese?
    Don't you know? Fat is still the leading cause of obesity. It has nothing to do with sugar. I mean, it's literally called fat, you see, so it must be what makes you fat, just like the sugar industry paid all those "scientists" to tell the public decades ago!

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Don't you know? Fat is still the leading cause of obesity. It has nothing to do with sugar. I mean, it's literally called fat, you see, so it must be what makes you fat, just like the sugar industry paid all those "scientists" to tell the public decades ago!
    Actually it does for some people. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22457394

10+ Year Old Account
    http://wishtv.com/2018/02/15/mcdonal...cheeseburgers/

I honestly dont care what McDonalds does but I do think they are peddling bullshit here. So their plan to provide "healthy" food for kids is to take their already shitty burger and remove the redeeming part of it?
    man, i read the article like 5xs trying to find out the redeeming part they removed.what part of the burger did they remove that offended you? its like you linked the article then just went on a rant that has nothing to do with the article

7+ Year Old Account
    Everything in moderation. Kids don't get fat from going to McDonalds unless the parents are taking them there multiple times a week, even then they still don't get fat just from that. McDonalds isn't to blame for this, nor should they remove items from the menu to combat this.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://wishtv.com/2018/02/15/mcdonal...cheeseburgers/

I honestly dont care what McDonalds does but I do think they are peddling bullshit here. So their plan to provide "healthy" food for kids is to take their already shitty burger and remove the redeeming part of it? I know when I was a kid if I went to McDonald's it was for a treat, you told me I couldn't get cheese and I was like "then why are we going?" You mean you get a soda and my choice is water or whatever? Take me home, please.

The article already cited that McDonald's is serving up less Happy Meals (but I think they are doing good in other areas), so that tells me that kids aren't really feeling McDonald's anymore because McDonald's keeps fucking with the kids meal. The toys are probably shitty anyway. Im trying to wrap my head around McDonald's real game here, like do they actually want to attract customers?
    I apologize if this comes across a bit callous, but clearly you do care. I can not remember the last time I ate at McDonald's. So what they do in this matter, I really do not care. Give me a good Whopper over a Big Mac any day. Plus I drink Fairlife chocolate milk, which comes from happy cows.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Had a milkshake, yes but not chocolate milk.
    If it's a chocolate milkshake, then it's still chocolate milk.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    If it's a chocolate milkshake, then it's still chocolate milk.
    Not every chocolate milk is equal however. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do enjoy some Ovaltine. But you Americans don't have Milo right when presented to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That's for damn sure! Not sure where part of the country you are in but if you like chocolate milk check out Promised Land Dairy Midnight Chocolate Milk. Pure heaven!

http://www.promisedlanddairy.com/pro...ght-chocolate/