Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaedon View Post
    AR-15 is actually weaker then several hunting rifles on the market. The wording semi automatic is misleading. Its one pull of the trigger for one bullet. It's either automatic or it is not. Silly word play to mislead people.
    Not really, it's to differentiate it from other types of rifles that require certain actions before they can fire again, it's not a lever action or bolt action, the only action to fire it again is to let up and pull it again.

A automatic will automatically load the next round and fire again as long as the trigger is pulled, the semi will auto load the next round but won't auto fire it.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    ROFLMAO the NRA's only goal is to push for gun sales, unless you agree all gun owners share their views.
    They may support Guns sales. Esp if they have stock in it. But so what? They also support the Second Amendment. And I have to keep posting this, I am not a member of the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    So once again, a government agency fails to protect the American people.

Shame on the FBI for failing to protect the innocent. Shame on their cowardice and inaction.

Maybe if the shooter was anything but Caucasian you would have acted near-instantly!
    Actually shame on the government for making it harder for us to protect ourselves. Plenty of studies overwhelmingly trying to twist the reasons as to why guns cause mass havoc but yet I do not think there is any form of study as to whether or not banning guns from schools actually has helped any?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Well let's see: Gravity-fed mag, so it still required some manner of re-loading. Instead of working a lever or bolt you had to point it to the sky. Claiming this is "semi-automatic" is beyond disingenuous as it requires the operator to move off-target between every shot. For all intents and purposes it is a double action. Rate of fire is not comparable.

Max muzzle velocity with full air was between 1/5 and 1/6 of an AR-15, and it lost effectiveness after every shot. Power is not comparable.

Reload after 20 shots. While there's no data, it's safe to assume it would take marginally longer than changing a magazine. On top of that, after 30 shots the air tank had to be changed, which required specialized tools and certainly took much longer than changing a magazine. Down-time and reload speed are not comparable.

None of these come close to matching modern day capabilities.
    Never claimed they did. The point is the old shit, saying the founding fathers only meant for muskets and not the firearms we have today is totally bullshit. They knew of the evolution of the firearm and how it could change as they had evidence of this very thing happening during their time. Besides the point is, they said arms. Not muskets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaedon View Post
    AR-15 is actually weaker then several hunting rifles on the market. The wording semi automatic is misleading. Its one pull of the trigger for one bullet. It's either automatic or it is not. Silly word play to mislead people.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF9kmPQCH98

You don't know what the hell you are talking about. Never comment about something you have no knowledge of. Your ignorance should be the one questioned. That is just the lower receiver being printed. A full 3d printed gun has been created and shot over 300 bullets. Also you can use juse a CMC machine and pretty much create what modifications for just a few hundred bucks to alter a large range of weapons to be fully automatic.
    It's not about power, of the gun, silly argument if it kills people.

The wording isn't misleading, it differentiates.

You sound silly.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    If you're not a violent person, you're not going to attempt to purchase a gun. I'll expand on this below...

I've seen some good suggestions about mental health tests, but they can be tricked and normal people can snap at anytime and at anything. This instance could have been prevented if the FBI did their job. He was reported to the FBI and there was enough evidence to hold him for questioning, and well, they fucked up... The kids at the school even joked about him being the next school shooter. If any of them took the time to report it or help him, it might not have happened at all. The best preventative defense against someone like this is to embrace and love him. A happy person isn't going to do anything against anyone else.

First, as stated above... A violent person is the only type of person who'd purchase a gun. There's a spectrum of violent tendencies, but it's almost impossible to screen for it. You'd need to have access to everyone the person knows and everything they've said and done.

Second, it's a privilege to own a car. Yet more people die by car than by gun. If you truly want to end senseless deaths, you'd advocate for more restrictions on cars as well.

Third, it wouldn't require a constitutional amendment. Do you think all the gun laws the US has is amended on the constitution? The constitution would be the longest document in history if all laws were just amendments to it.

Fourth, it's easier to buy a car than to buy a gun. I don't know where you heard this bullshit from, but if you have the cash you can walk up to the person selling the car and drive away within 10 minutes.
    There's definitely degrees of violence (and, more important, social adjustment) between a dude who just wants a small caliber for recreational shooting and a deeply troubled 19 years old who bragged about wanting to shoot his school and is on meds. The simple fact that he frequented a mental health center should have barred him from not only buying guns, but carrying them as well.

Like, I dunno. Seems like the entire rest of the developed world keeps its gun violence under reasonable control (by, with the exception of Switzerland, restricting access to firearms, and even they have slightly abnormal gun violence), but in the US it is apparently an impossible task.

And abolishing the right to bear arms would absolutely require the Constitution to be changed. It's the cornerstone of the argument against firearms restriction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    disclaimer: I haven't followed this story much.

Apparently the shooter was a white nationalist but also was really into r/the_donald. So now you got reddit yelling at u/spez saying "he has blood on his hands, etc".
    They are scrambling to say he wasnt "offically" a w. nationalists but as quick to associate any brown person with particular radical groups...

In other news, it only took Rick Scott about 40 hours to turn this into a partisan attack against the FBI. Rick Scott is the govenor of FL, which means he knows a thing or two about how lax the states gun laws are. Instead of taking up his responsibility he wants to pass the buck. He should talk to his state and national (Rubio) Senators before he goes pointing fingers. The FBI definitely has to account for their faults but the shit that Scott pulled is unacceptable.

Im assuming its similar in all states but the NRA has too much clout when it comes to obtain permits and CCWs but assumes none of the blame when they are the weakest link when it comes to.obtaining a firearm. To get a CCW I can either take a class through law enforcement or I can take one with some random NRA card holder his is just looking to make a buck. Which one do you think most people go to? Which one do you think actually pays attention to who they are signing off on?
    Last edited by PACOX; 2018-02-16 at 11:35 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They are scrambling to say he wasnt "offically" a w. nationalists but as quick to associate any brown person with particular radical groups...

In other news, it only took Rick Scott about 40 hours to turn this into a partisan attack against the FBI. Rick Scott is the govenor of FL, which means he knows a thing or two about how lax the states gun laws are. Instead of taking up his responsibility he wants to pass the buck. He should talk to his state and national (Rubio) Senators before he goes pointing fingers. The FBI definitely has to account for their faults but the shit that Scott pulled is unacceptable.
    I agree with this. He should be pushing for better gun laws in his state. It easier however, to pass the blame on others.

Apparently the shooter was a white nationalist but also was really into r/the_donald. So now you got reddit yelling at u/spez saying "he has blood on his hands, etc".
    Kid was Hispanic. Everyone of his victims I believe was white.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I agree with this. He should be pushing for better gun laws in his state. It easier however, to pass the blame on others.
    The Cruz was on youtube saying he was going to be a professional school shooter. He was reported to the FBI. They dropped the ball. However lets take away law abiding gun owners guns because feelings.

I don't even know why I'm arguing with a bunch of emotional people on a gaming site. It truly is useless.

You want to ban guns, and get rid of them? Do something about it.
    Last edited by Deathcries; 2018-02-16 at 11:38 PM.

No he wasn't that was lies
    C-C-C-Can't Stump the Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by Zomis View Post
    Yes but lies makes the feels, feel better.

Should prbly get credible evidence before dropping such a thing. YOU will get ppl arguing over something that could be completely false or made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    Kid was Hispanic. Everyone of his victims I believe was white.

- - - Updated - - -

The Cruz was on youtube saying he was going to be a professional school shooter. He was reported to the FBI. They dropped the ball. However lets take away law abiding gun owners guns because feelings.

I don't even know why I'm arguing with a bunch of emotional people on a gaming site. It truly is useless.

You want to ban guns, and get rid of them. Do something about it.
    You do know Hispanic is not a race right. Many white people are Hispanic. Louis CK is Hispanic. Many black people are Hispanic, Stacy Dash is Hispanic. Being a white national and Hispanic arent mutually exclusive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zomis View Post
    He isnt as much as the dude that shot up Pulse wasnt part of ISIS. It really doesnt matter of these people were "offical" members of said groups when they are co-opting saud groups ideology when they commit their acts. Lets be honest.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Should prbly get credible evidence before dropping such a thing. YOU will get ppl arguing over something that could be completely false or made up.
    The white nationalist part has had a ton of reporting on by now, so that part is true atleast.

- - - Updated - - -

You do know Hispanic is not a race right. Many white people are Hispanic. Louis CK is Hispanic. Many black people are Hispanic, Stacy Dash is Hispanic. Being a white national and Hispanic arent mutually exclusive.

- - - Updated - - -

He isnt as much as the dude that shot up Pulse wasnt part of ISIS. It really doesnt matter of these people were "offical" members of said groups when they are co-opting saud groups ideology when they commit their acts. Lets be honest.
    Don't tell them Spain, their brains might explode.
    ..Or that Spain was fascist once.

Nevermind. Can't get the image. I'll let you continue on with whatever makes your feels campaign feel good. I have to remember this is a gaming site where people come to show their emotions but don't want to do what needs to be done to stop you from having these emotional feels. It's time you start going door to door and collect peoples firearms. It's the only way to help stop the emotional feels.
    Last edited by Deathcries; 2018-02-16 at 11:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Don't tell them Spain, their brains might explode.
    ..Or that Spain was fascist once.
    Only white people can be fascist?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Few advocate for that. Most just ask for stricter control fx. gun safes so minors and adolescents can't get easy access to lethal weapons. If this was about stopping people from acting in self defense you'd have to ban kitchen knives and ball-bats just to get the never-ending list started. It's not. It's about mentally unstable individuals having easy access to carry out the screwed up scenarios their minds conjure. Helping them is one thing while another is limitting the scope of damage they're able to cause when snapping. People fly under the radar because human-psyche is super complex.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. You clearly have missed a lot of my pro gun rights posts. A lot of them in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

And people deflected hardcore from him calling 911 to praise ISIS to make it a tale about how he was a self hating gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Only white people can be fascist?
    The point of it went over your head, I see.