Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    It's impossible to misinterpret what he said. He was asked 'what about High Elves?' in the context of whether they could be a playable race and responded 'Blood Elves are High Elves'.
    He didn't say it and you know it. I agree though that it's impossible to misinterpret his words so I'm giving you a benefit of the doubt and claiming that you do it intentionally. Though it could be that your hatred for High Elves is way too big to be objective. Anyway, there is no reason for me to discuss Ion's words with you when you continuously are claiming that he said what he didn't say. It's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    How many high elves are even left?
    More than Void Elves.
    Last edited by mmocbe30b8209e; 2018-02-17 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    More than Void Elves.
    That’s not possible, the void elves are endless. I bet the high elves only have like 12 guys left. More like extinct elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't say it and you know it. I agree though that it's impossible to interpret his words so I'm giving you a benefit of the doubt and claiming that you do it intentionally. Though it could be that your hatred for High Elves is way too big to be objective. Anyway, there is no reason for me to discuss Ion's words with you when you continuously are claiming that he said what he didn't say. It's pointless.
    No I said it's impossible to MISinterpret his words unless you are doing so wilfully.

I get that you want High Elves but you aren't doing yourself any favours by trying to pretend the Game Director didn't rule them out when he was clearly ruling them out.

No, I swear these days people are thinking of things at random and screeching [Insert this for the Horde] and vise versa.

No.

/thread
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    No I said it's impossible to MISinterpret his words unless you are doing so wilfully.
    Didn't write it correctly. Yes, I've meant misinterpret and I am accusing you of doing it on purpose.

I get that you want High Elves but you aren't doing yourself any favours by trying to pretend the Game Director didn't rule them out when he was clearly ruling them out.
    I am not pretending that Game Director was not against them. He clearly was.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    That’s not possible, the void elves are endless. I bet the high elves only have like 12 guys left. More like extinct elves.
    Well, we know from where did Void Elves come from, so they definitely shouldn't be endless unless they multiply like bacteria. We need to wait for more context until we can judge that line.
    Last edited by mmocbe30b8209e; 2018-02-17 at 12:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't write it correctly. Yes, I've meant misinterpret and I am accusing you of doing it on purpose.
    I think you are the one wilfully misinterpreting what he said, because he wasn't just expressing his opinion. His opinion matters. It counts. It has consequences. He was ruling out the possibility of playable Alliance High Elves when asked directly. And his reasoning for that was that they are already playable.

Frankly I have far more evidence supporting my stance than you do supporting yours.

You want playable Alliance High Elves and even the game director himself saying they aren't happening because they are already playable on the Horde isn't enough to dissuade you.

That's fine, but it is obvious you are deluding yourself and you are deluding yourself because you are discounting the evidence that tells you it isn't going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    "High Elf? Please... Why would you want to be a High Elf if you can look all tragic and brooding?" - Magister Umbric.

Also... High Elves for Horde? You mean Blood Elves with blue eyes then? That's some stellar change there.

Deleted
    I think you are the one wilfully misinterpreting what he said, because he wasn't just expressing his opinion. His opinion matters. It counts. It has consequences. He was ruling out the possibility of playable Alliance High Elves when asked directly.
    Again, I am not disputing that he was against High Elves. I have already written it to you in my previous post. So please stop arguing with me over something I've never claimed.

And his reasoning for that was that they are already playable.
    No it wasn't.

You even talking about delusions is simply hilarious. Ion has also said that there are no High Elf settlements. If we follow your logic then Ion doesn't know that Silvermoon exists. He is not a lore guy, as he has claimed himself, but surely you don't think that he would forget about a major Horde city?
    Last edited by mmocbe30b8209e; 2018-02-17 at 12:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Seriously. Something happens with Vareesa obviously, but I think it should somehow be worked in to allow her Silver Covenant to finally convert and join the horde, unlocking a blue eye option for all Blood Elves. Just so we can finally get playable high elves and have everyone stop whining.
    A+ on click back thread title.

OT: No, I don't think this will ever happen.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elves are in fact High Elves for all intents and purposes. I find it strange that people don't understand this simple thing. It's not that Silvermoon was overtaken by Aliens or something - it's High Elves there right there, they just renamed themselves in wake of Third War events.

They managed to irradiate themselves with Fel, but otherwise those are real to goodness High Elves there right there and maybe eventually with time Blizzard will allow to change their eye color to blue for those who like (just like this whole unhunched orcs thing), but that's about it.

As a whole, High Elves forever and ever in their majority stuck to Silvermoon and areas there, they did sent token forces and such to Alliance and their general human alliances/pledges, but Silvermoon is where it always was for High Elves and people seem to not get it. They think Alliance somehow produced these High Elves or something or that Blood Elves are some alien species or something.

Blood Elves = High Elves right there.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2018-02-17 at 01:17 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    high elves are already playable in the horde silly

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    No. It isn't happening. Blizz has directly stated that it isn't happening
    Like how they stated they will never do a Classic WoW.

Nothing is in stone. They could come out and specifically state something isn't happening. And several years later do it.

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    Like how they stated they will never do a Classic WoW.

Nothing is in stone. They could come out and specifically state something isn't happening. And several years later do it.
    Classic WoW makes sense though

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Blood Elves are in fact High Elves for all intents and purposes. I find it strange that people don't understand this simple thing. It's not that Silvermoon was overtaken by Aliens or something - it's High Elves there right there, they just renamed themselves in wake of Third War events.

They managed to irradiate themselves with Fel, but otherwise those are real to goodness High Elves there right there and maybe eventually with time Blizzard will allow to change their eye color to blue for those who like (just like this whole unhunched orcs thing), but that's about it.

As a whole, High Elves forever and ever in their majority stuck to Silvermoon and areas there, they did sent token forces and such to Alliance and their general human alliances/pledges, but Silvermoon is where it always was for High Elves and people seem to not get it. They think Alliance somehow produced these High Elves or something or that Blood Elves are some alien species or something.

Blood Elves = High Elves right there.
    Quel'dorei of the Silver Covenent led by vareesa under the alliance banner contributed to the Kaldorei army during the battle for Suramar, Elisande even called them out saying they werent worthy of the name high elf. Im suggesting that that last reserve of blue eyed blood elves formally accept the name blood elf and join the horde once and for all. Or get eradicated when vareesa dies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    No. It isn't happening. Blizz has directly stated that it isn't happening - stating that it would be pointless since High Elves are just blood elves
    Exactly. Now make that true. The silver covenent, blue eyed "high elves" are still allied with the alliance. Throw in a quest that has them join the horde, add blue eye customization to blood elves, boom, we dont have to worry about the alliances high elves anymore. They arent a new race, they should be blood elves. With blue eyes.

Quel'dorei of the Silver Covenent led by vareesa under the alliance banner contributed to the Kaldorei army during the battle for Suramar, Elisande even called them out saying they werent worthy of the name high elf. Im suggesting that that last reserve of blue eyed blood elves formally accept the name blood elf and join the horde once and for all. Or get eradicated when vareesa dies.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Now make that true. The silver covenent, blue eyed "high elves" are still allied with the alliance. Throw in a quest that has them join the horde, add blue eye customization to blood elves, boom, we dont have to worry about the alliances high elves anymore. They arent a new race, they should be blood elves. With blue eyes.
    While I'd be happy with that option of having high elves on the horde, it seems kind of like a troll-ish slap in the face to the alliance after they've wanted high elves for so long.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is also a mere band of homeless nobodies that decided to stick with Alliance, when their people took flight back to Silvermoon. By those rights you may as well make Shadow Council, Burning/Searing Blade, Blackrock Orcs be a race of their own as well. These are all one and the same.

I am sure all of it will happen eventually, but who knows, they may end up being in Alliance after all because... they are in Alliance already and Vareesa is as Alliance as it gets, especially with Alleria around, who thankfully did not pick this neutrality disease like Khadgar, Tirion, Bolvar and others.

Oh boy a well put together thread that totally is not bait at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Also... High Elves for Horde? You mean Blood Elves with blue eyes then?
    Yes, that is exactly what I mean. Have the Silver Covenant officially rebrand itself as a Blood Elf organization. It's like nobody here read the post...

No we don't need more elves. While they could do a 4th elf race it needs to have an expansion between it and bfa. Now if they do what some people think and add alot of allied races per xpac threw patches maybe post Bfa we could have a 4th elf race. Even if they do its not set in stone it would be high elves. It could be some sort of fel elves or another variant of elf yet to be introduced. But if it ended up being High Elves if they gave them to horde (they wont) the shit storm from the alliance side would drown all WoW forums..