Quote Originally Posted by Theinquisition View Post
    Message or not, they didn't run on it.

Fun Fact, Bill and Hillary ran into major problems in their marriage during the campaign because she wouldn't listen to his campaign advise.

He told her many times that she needed to run on a campaign of economics, not feminist empowerment and social issues.

She didn't listen and lost.
    Doesn't matter at the end of the day, Trump and Bush won because of technicalities. You can go back and forth all day as to the reasons why.

But Republicans have a habit of not Winning Popular Votes and only winning Electoral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Message or not, they didn't run on it.

Fun Fact, Bill and Hillary ran into major problems in their marriage during the campaign because she wouldn't listen to his campaign advise.

He told her many times that she needed to run on a campaign of economics, not feminist empowerment and social issues.

She didn't listen and lost.
    Healthcare and education are "social issues" apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I'm specifically referring to his "witch hunt" remarks.
    That's pretty dishonest, man. He clearly expresses the view that Russia did nothing; you can't divorce that from specific comments he's made on the same subject just because he didn't use those exact words.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    News Headline: No collusion, lefty narrative destroyed

Liberals: Drumpf BTFO checkmate nazis
    Yeah, that'd be pretty embarrassing if that's what actually happened. Good thing it didn't, then. Take your strawman and go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Correction: people would rather buy into fantasies of an unchanging economy rather than care about the disgrace Trump brings to national office.

Sure, Felicia. Just like the other 20% of the population that voted for Johnson.
    Didn't vote for Johnson either.

Once again, people could care less about character, if they put money in their pockets. I wouldn't want Trump watching my kids, but hey, im happy for policies that may grow the economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't vote for Johnson either.
    Whatever, you aren't fooling anyone.

Once again, people could care less about character, if they put money in their pockets. I wouldn't want Trump watching my kids, but hey, im happy for policies that may grow the economy.
    And that is why people like you are fundamentally bad for the country as a whole.

Character matters.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Doesn't matter at the end of the day, Trump and Bush won because of technicalities. You can go back and forth all day as to the reasons why.

But Republicans have a habit of not Winning Popular Votes and only winning Electoral.
    Lol, that's not a technicality, that's how the system works, and for good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Hilarious. The funny thing is, they don't realize the important implication of her quote there. She is implying that only the right wing news outlets would report unfavorable news about her and Bill.
    Or, people just find your Hillary obsession uninteresting.

Lol, that's not a technicality, that's how the system works, and for good reason.
    What good reason is that? And it is a technicality.

Whatever, you aren't fooling anyone.

And that is why people like you are fundamentally bad for the country as a whole.

Character matters.
    Okay, cool you don't like me. I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    These indictments*, he was very specific about that. He absolutely left the room open for subsequent indictments to include collusion from Americans.
    I think you are missing the point. He presented indictments today for social media crimes, noting no Americans were wittingly involved. Poster then takes that and runs with it, specifically in regards to social media crimes. I mean, I guess it's possible that there are other indictments coming, for this super specific grouping of crimes, but that seem unlikely. I would say it's more likely there are other aspects yet to fully investigate, outside the realm of social media trolls. Please don't ban me for disagreeing! /hug

Yeah, I have felt for a while now that, if we didn't have a leak of a smoking gun by now, there is no smoking gun. I'm growing a little concerned though, about the situation that no facts seem to dissuade their wild fantasies. I worry what will happen on that day they close the investigation, without an (illegal) indictment of Trump. Will they riot and such?
    They just need to hang on, tighten up, and pull strong in 2020 or 2024. I ate plenty of Tums during Obama, they can weather Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, the "reason" being that we need to keep people in California and New York from having votes that actually matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    They just need to hang on, tighten up, and pull strong in 2020 or 2024. I ate plenty of Tums during Obama, they can weather Trump.
    I'm so sorry that you had to suffer the incredible disgrace of having a black man in office. Poor you.

Ah yes, the "reason" being that we need to keep people in California and New York from having votes that actually matter.
    Didatic, it's a technicality.

85% of total Presidents won with Popular Vote.

The 5 that didn't 4 were Republicans and 1 was a Dem/Con.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    What good reason is that?
    I'm not going to explain the electoral college to you.

1. You wouldn't care
    2. It's not worth the energy.

Go read the federalist papers if you want a explanation.

In the mean time, no they didn't win on technicalities, they won lawfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    "in these indictments" and "these crimes" were stressed every single time he repeated himself on it. People just overlook it to see what they want to see.

Lawyers choose their words deliberately. Lawyers live and die on wording of statements.
    Yes, he did. As you can see, so did I. I wish more people spoke with specificity and accuracy in their word selection. Trump might be the worst offender ever at this.

I'm not going to explain the electoral college to you.

1. You wouldn't care
    2. It's not worth the energy.

Go read the federalist papers if you want a explanation.

In the mean time, no they didn't win on technicalities, they won lawfully.
    Lawfully or not, it's a technicalities and technicalities do you win you Lawsuits.

85% of total Presidents won with Popular Vote.

The 5 that didn't 4 were Republicans and 1 was a Dem/Con.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so sorry that you had to suffer the incredible disgrace of having a black man in office. Poor you.
    not even all of CA or NY, just the urban areas. Seems like a good way for states to say screw this union, im out.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    That's pretty dishonest, man. He clearly expresses the view that Russia did nothing; you can't divorce that from specific comments he's made on the same subject just because he didn't use those exact words.

Yeah, that'd be pretty embarrassing if that's what actually happened. Good thing it didn't, then. Take your strawman and go home.
    It absolutely happened. Maybe you should consider seppuku to save face after over a year of you people peddling bullshit.

infracted - major flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-02-17 at 01:31 AM.

Yeah, I have felt for a while now that, if we didn't have a leak of a smoking gun by now, there is no smoking gun. I'm growing a little concerned though, about the situation that no facts seem to dissuade their wild fantasies. I worry what will happen on that day they close the investigation, without an (illegal) indictment of Trump. Will they riot and such?
    That because you don't understand the difference between a partisan political "investigation" and a special counsel investigation.

You take an absence of evidence as evidence itself. It's self serving and ignorant, but hey, if that's what gets you through the day...

10+ Year Old Account
    not even all of CA or NY, just the urban areas. Seems like a good way for states to say screw this union, im out.
    Why on earth should either CA or NY bother paying taxes, then?