Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I have to agree that Trump trying to "help" would be much like a man walking freely into a detective's office for questioning, when the detective already wants to pin something on him. Any "help" can and will be used against him.
    He won't testify. He has good lawyers. They have no legal standing to compel him to speak with Mueller. It will be bad politically, but in the end, he won't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Theinquisition View Post
    I'm not going to explain the electoral college to you.

1. You wouldn't care
    2. It's not worth the energy.

Go read the federalist papers if you want a explanation.

In the mean time, no they didn't win on technicalities, they won lawfully.
    Oh and I know how the electorate works. It's a horrible outdated system that doesn't Resemble anything close to a proper representation of Votes.

In fact the electorate completely disenfranchises American Voters both Dem and Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    That because you don't understand the difference between a partisan political "investigation" and a special counsel investigation.

You take an absence of evidence as evidence itself. It's self serving and ignorant, but hey, if that's what gets you through the day...
    Please don't call me names.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Fun Fact: It's only 'calling names' if the allegations are false.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

They just need to hang on, tighten up, and pull strong in 2020 or 2024. I ate plenty of Tums during Obama, they can weather Trump.
    That's my favorite part about this; your absolute unwillingness to recognize that you have to weather Trump too

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Why on earth should either CA or NY bother paying taxes, then?
    Well, perhaps they should be their own little states, The bulk of CA and NY can break away from the urban areas and pay exhorbant rates for food and other resources they can't produce on their own.

The electoral college is around for a good reason, as a supposed educator, this shouldn't have to be explained to you.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    That's pretty dishonest, man. He clearly expresses the view that Russia did nothing; you can't divorce that from specific comments he's made on the same subject just because he didn't use those exact words.

Not really. At Mueller's appointment he talked about the "witch hunt" in relation to him or his team being targeted specifically, then many months later he talks about "believing" Putin when he says he didn't meddle. These are very different events from very different times. I was talking about the former.

They just need to hang on, tighten up, and pull strong in 2020 or 2024. I ate plenty of Tums during Obama, they can weather Trump.
    No, they obviously CAN'T weather Trump, based on every action they take. They literally hate him more than Hitler. That is NOT an exaggeration.

I think you are missing the point. He presented indictments today for social media crimes, noting no Americans were wittingly involved.
    It was more than social media, if you read. And he was careful to specificy that Americans weren't knowingly involved in these indictments, very much leaving the door open for involvement in later indictments.

Poster then takes that and runs with it, specifically in regards to social media crimes.
    Who did what now?

I mean, I guess it's possible that there are other indictments coming, for this super specific grouping of crimes, but that seem unlikely.
    Given the guilty plea Mueller just got for identity fraud and the possible connections, and additional information, these are very much not the last indictments that will be coming.

Remember, Mueller has multiple members of the Trump campaign working with him already.

I would say it's more likely there are other aspects yet to fully investigate, outside the realm of social media trolls.
    Again, these indictments aren't just some social media posts. It's a bit bigger, but feel free to continue to try to minimize negative information.

Please don't ban me for disagreeing! /hug
    You know I don't mod these parts and that moderation discussion isn't allowed. And victimhood continues to look bad on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    It absolutely happened. Maybe you should consider seppuku to save face after over a year of you people peddling bullshit.
    Telling another poster to kill themselves.

Classy as ever.

not even all of CA or NY, just the urban areas. Seems like a good way for states to say screw this union, im out.
    Because land matters more than actual people apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I didn't. I called out your behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Oh and I know how the electorate works. It's a horrible outdated system that doesn't Resemble anything close to a proper representation of Votes.

In fact the electorate completely disenfranchises American Voters both Dem and Republicans.
    Using electors instead of the popular vote was intended to safeguard against uninformed or uneducated voters by putting the final decision in the hands of electors most likely to possess the information necessary to make the best decision; to prevent states with larger populations from having undue influence; and to compromise between electing the president by popular vote and letting Congress choose the president.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    I didn't. I called out your behavior.
    It's his shtick.

Don't expect an iota of honesty from said poster.

The electoral college is around for a good reason, as a supposed educator, this shouldn't have to be explained to you.
    No, the electoral college is not around for a good reason, it disenfranchises Voters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, perhaps they should be their own little states, The bulk of CA and NY can break away from the urban areas and pay exhorbant rates for food and other resources they can't produce on their own.
    It's funny that you think California and New York being part of the union is the sole means by which they are supported economically.

But hey, you get enviable position of being a tax leech. Some of us don't have that luxury.

It exists for reasons, but not good ones.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Because land matters more than actual people apparently.
    You're completely missing the point, but we are really diverging from the conversation. The electoral college and popular vote issue has been beaten more than sea biscuits rotting corpse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using electors instead of the popular vote was intended to safeguard against uninformed or uneducated voters by putting the final decision in the hands of electors most likely to possess the information necessary to make the best decision; to prevent states with larger populations from having undue influence; and to compromise between electing the president by popular vote and letting Congress choose the president.
    And clearly, in 2016 the Electoral College failed to safeguard against uninformed and uneducated voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I'm so sorry that you had to suffer the incredible disgrace of having a black man in office. Poor you.
    I don't care what color he was, he was antithetical to my politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    You know, most sane people realized long ago that Mueller was conducting a FULL investigation of the Russian interference in the election, not just "Trump/Russia" collusion.

Glad Mueller was able to get some results. Contrary to what folks like YOU believe, Trump supporters never said there was NO influence by the Russian govt on the 2016 election. Quite the opposite - the Russians have been doing the same for years and will continue to do so as long as they exist as a country. But the delusional, idiotic, and INSANE narrative pushed by the Left that the Trump/Trump campaign colluded with Russia to do so? Nothing but a bunch of total losers that had their egos crushed on election night and still cannot get over the humiliation of being so blatantly exposed for the total idiots that they were (and still are.)

Good for Mueller! Looking forward to the day he exonerates Trump so I can watch the final implosion of the Leftists. Will be a very enjoyable day
    What a load of bullshit, Ransath. You have been cheering for him to fail the entire time. Now that we have Republican and Russian collusion, you are trying your hardest to fucking backpedal.