10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theinquisition View Post
    You're completely missing the point, but we are really diverging from the conversation. The electoral college and popular vote issue has been beaten more than sea biscuits rotting corpse.
    Yeah, we understand that you're okay with disenfranchising millions of people because you can't make your ideology sufficiently appealing to win anything but the rural states.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Theinquisition View Post
    Using electors instead of the popular vote was intended to safeguard against uninformed or uneducated voters by putting the final decision in the hands of electors most likely to possess the information necessary to make the best decision; to prevent states with larger populations from having undue influence; and to compromise between electing the president by popular vote and letting Congress choose the president.
    And that system has been proven to be Horrible you're telling me it's a True Republic now because it only helped Smaller Populations 5 out of 45 times?

And what about the Republicans in California or the Democrats in Texas, what about them? If it's truly about giving Lower Populated Democrats and Republicans a say, then it has Failed tremendously.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-02-17 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It's his shtick.

Don't expect an iota of honesty from said poster.
    I'm very familiar with him and his routine. His obsession with placing himself as the victim is old hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    It absolutely happened. Maybe you should consider seppuku to save face after over a year of you people peddling bullshit.
    Suggesting another forum user commit suicide! Classy.

No, it really didn't. If anything, today's indictments strengthened the anti-Trump position by making it clear that Russia did, in fact, meddle with the 2016 election, something that Manchurian Orange has consistently denied. That's a necessary framework for the future; it makes it harder for people to take Trump seriously when he tries to pretend it never happened.

And hey, he got banned while I was typing this. Awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I don't care what color he was, he was antithetical to my politics.
    Do your politics include shoddy administration and highly unethical and downright corrupt behavior?

Obama wasn't a 'great' president, but he was a competent administrator and a decent individual.

But I forget myself; you and your kind are diametrically opposed to good governance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

What were you for? anti gay marriage, anti dreamers, anti common sense regulations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Telling another poster to kill themselves.

Classy as ever.
    Seems to be the MO of our Conservative shit bags these days -- either tell people to kill themselves or come right out and threaten to kill people themselves.

What delicate little flowers they've become.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It was more than social media, if you read. And he was careful to specificy that Americans weren't knowingly involved in these indictments, very much leaving the door open for involvement in later indictments.

Who did what now?

Given the guilty plea Mueller just got for identity fraud and the possible connections, and additional information, these are very much not the last indictments that will be coming.

Remember, Mueller has multiple members of the Trump campaign working with him already.

Again, these indictments aren't just some social media posts. It's a bit bigger, but feel free to continue to try to minimize negative information.

You know I don't mod these parts and that moderation discussion isn't allowed. And victimhood continues to look bad on you.
    I never said anything different. My point, that you seem to be missing, is that this is obviously a very specific grouping of crimes. I'm NOT saying these are the last indictments or the end of the investigation. I'm saying that this is a very specific grouping, where they said no Americans were involved, (within this very specific grouping of indictments). Then the posters run with conspiracy theories of future indictments, WITHIN this very specific grouping. It would be one thing to say, "Ok, well this doesn't exonerate the Trumps of other crimes, unrelated to this very specific grouping." But what they are saying, is that this is evidence to something that the Deputy just said got done saying isn't a thing.

Do you follow me? I'm not saying it's crazy talk that there may some day be something like a campaign money laundering indictment. I'm saying it's pretty nuts to read this news story, and come away with the idea that there are future indictments coming, related to social media and internet trolls. They don't generally indict 13 people in a conspiracy, only to then add in folks later. I'm not saying that can't happen. I'm just saying it seem pretty fucking unlikely.

That was hard to explain. I wish I was better at words.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I never said anything different. My point, that you seem to be missing, is that this is obviously a very specific grouping of crimes. I'm NOT saying these are the last indictments or the end of the investigation. I'm saying that this is a very specific grouping, where they said no Americans were involved, (within this very specific grouping of indictments). Then the posters run with conspiracy theories of future indictments, WITHIN this very specific grouping. It would be one thing to say, "Ok, well this doesn't exonerate the Trumps of other crimes, unrelated to this very specific grouping." But what they are saying, is that this is evidence to something that the Deputy just said got done saying isn't a thing.

Do you follow me? I'm not saying it's crazy talk that there may some day be something like a campaign money laundering indictment. I'm saying it's pretty nuts to read this news story, and come away with the idea that there are future indictments coming, related to social media and internet trolls. They don't generally indict 13 people in a conspiracy, only to then add in folks later. I'm not saying that can't happen. I'm just saying it seem pretty fucking unlikely.

That was hard to explain. I wish I was better at words.
    Cool. What other investigations would you point to that support your claim of what generally happens with indictments regarding foreign interference in our elections? Or specifically, our presidential election?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Seems to be the MO of our Conservative shit bags these days -- either tell people to kill themselves or come right out and threaten to kill people themselves.

What delicate little flowers they've become.
    Anger and apathy led us here for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post
    I'm not an alt account. What the fuck is wrong with you people. I was warned about offtopic in here being absolutely toxic but you guys really are exceeding my expectations.
    No one makes an account, and posts over 300 times in 9 days, unless their main account is banned.

No, they obviously CAN'T weather Trump, based on every action they take. They literally hate him more than Hitler. That is NOT an exaggeration.
    I would like to point this out that comparing Trump to Hitler is not a very bright thing to do. I often feel people do not understand who Hitler actually was when they make such disparaging statements! Words destroy!
    Last edited by apeiron1234; 2018-02-17 at 01:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    I would like to point this out that comparing Trump to Hitler is not a very bright thing to do. I often feel people do not understand who Hitler actually was when they make such disparaging statements!
    Educate us... please...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    No one makes an account, and posts over 300 times in 9 days, unless their main account is banned.
    Meh, it's not worth dwelling on unless they're obviously a specific person's alt (like Tijuana's sad attempt a few bans ago) or are clearly shitposting. Just respond to what they say and let them prove themselves one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    I would like to point this out that comparing Trump to Hitler is not a very bright thing to do. I often feel people do not understand who Hitler actually was when they make such disparaging statements!
    You should probably spend more time pointing out the argument you're quoting is specious, at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    You should probably spend more time pointing out the argument you're quoting is specious, at best.
    What’s wrong with his argument? It’s just 2 people pleading guilty.... It’s just two indictments... now there are just 15 indictments... but, that’s it... nothing else is coming.

You are not interested in reading about mid 30s German history... in the Muller investigation thread... again? It’s like a ritual every 10 pages...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...416509?cid=apn

Not related to the campaign specifically, but Mueller found another instance of alleged bank fraud from Manafort in 2016, apparently.

Busy Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...416509?cid=apn

Not related to the campaign specifically, but Mueller found another instance of alleged bank fraud from Manafort in 2016, apparently.

Busy Friday.
    This is just too much LOL. This whole administration is just a joke. Plain and simple. America needs to step up and take a stance on Russia, this is just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    ASSUMING that Mueller will interview Trump...I mean really?
    Considering that we have been seeing for like the last 6 weeks that Mueller is negotiating for an interview? YES, Mueller will interview him. Either just Mueller and his staff or in front of the grand jury. It will happen.

He has every reason not to cooperate, given the partisan atmosphere in Washington. Mueller was given a counter intelligence mission. Trump SHOULD be involved, just as Obama was involved in the investigation prior to Trump winning. But Trump can't do that, or else the hard left will freak the F out.
    There's a reason Trump won't get involved, because he'll be found out.

The deputy director literally just said, on live TV, that these crimes include no collusion from any Americans. Are you imply Kushner is not an American? What?
    Do you not get that its only THESE indictments, not future ones, right? Besides we already have some Americans indicted with this investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Truth be told Mueller could indict a cube of cheese and this forum would be saying "HE IS CLOSING IN!"

Might as well let them fantasize.
    He could indict Trump and you'd still be ready to bow down and die for him.

It is fun to watch though. It amazes me how they spin information that is not good for them, in to great news for them. Up is down. Bottom is top. It's Orwellian.
    You mean like how you see indictments and plea deals and think Mueller has nothing? You mean like how you see more and more info from these plea deals leading to Trump and ignore them? You mean like how you think Trump isn't gaining from going to his own properties?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Speaking of upside down reasoning.
    Like your reasoning that a president strictly made to make a group of people mad? Pot meet kettle.

ROFL

That's the WHOLE point though. The entire POINT of this investigation, is to muddy the waters for years and years. If you tell them nothing as been found, they will just say that means we need to dig harder and deeper. They know there is a crime in there somewhere! The only viable alternative to a rigged election, would be that Hillary just lost. Now that, obviously, is crazy talk. She is best candidate ever. Super smart, and not at all robotic in her delivery. Plus, she has had like zero scandals ever. So yeah, Trump must have cheated.
    Yeah guys, Trump hasn't done anything wrong. He just paid $130k in hush money to a stripper using campaign funds, obstructed justice at least once and tried to do it multiple times, and sided with a foreign nation to become president. Why that's just like jay walking and no one goes to jail for that anymore in this day and age. Obstruction and collusion are victimless crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    News Headline: No collusion, lefty narrative destroyed

Liberals: Drumpf BTFO checkmate nazis
    That's literally not what is said. In fact the GOP has come out saying that this definitely means Trump worked with Russia.

Yeah, I have felt for a while now that, if we didn't have a leak of a smoking gun by now, there is no smoking gun. I'm growing a little concerned though, about the situation that no facts seem to dissuade their wild fantasies. I worry what will happen on that day they close the investigation, without an (illegal) indictment of Trump. Will they riot and such?
    Yet again another zealot thinking that these things don't take time. This isn't an episode of Scooby Doo where it ends in 30 minutes, this takes years. What do you not get about that? Watergate took two years and this could potentially be longer to figure it all out, but why am I not surprised you don't want Trump investigated. Hell, if Trump is so innocent how come he's tried to stop it so much? None of you have EVER been able to answer that, and you can't because it means it changes your world view of an obviously corrupt man and his cronies.

I think you are missing the point. He presented indictments today for social media crimes, noting no Americans were wittingly involved. Poster then takes that and runs with it, specifically in regards to social media crimes. I mean, I guess it's possible that there are other indictments coming, for this super specific grouping of crimes, but that seem unlikely. I would say it's more likely there are other aspects yet to fully investigate, outside the realm of social media trolls. Please don't ban me for disagreeing! /hug
    You think these will be the last of the indictments? Really?

They just need to hang on, tighten up, and pull strong in 2020 or 2024. I ate plenty of Tums during Obama, they can weather Trump.
    Holy shit. You really think Obama is in any way as bad as Trump? Hell, Bush wasn't as bad as Trump. Any rational person would take him back in a heartbeat.

Yes, he did. As you can see, so did I. I wish more people spoke with specificity and accuracy in their word selection. Trump might be the worst offender ever at this.
    Yes, he is, and people like you constantly have to do the whole "what he meant was" every day to make up for a man with a weaker grasp of grammar than a first grader.

He won't testify. He has good lawyers. They have no legal standing to compel him to speak with Mueller. It will be bad politically, but in the end, he won't do it.
    He won't speak with him because Trump is a chicken shit. Also, lol he has good lawyers. He literally had one end a NDA agreement and admitting $130k in hush money to a hooker.

His lawyers don't want him to speak to Mueller because Trump will absolutely shoot himself in the foot and in the face trying to weave more lies that will put him in a deeper hole than he is already.

Again, if Trump was so innocent then there would be no worry of this. If he was so pure like you seem to think then why stop him? Could it be that he is guilty and they don't want him going to jail? Naw, that can't be it, it must be because Mueller is really mean and will ask him questions with more than six words in them.

Please don't call me names.
    Ah, classic Tijuana, always playing the victim.

No, they obviously CAN'T weather Trump, based on every action they take. They literally hate him more than Hitler. That is NOT an exaggeration.
    At least those people aren't supporting Nazis like Trump and Hitler.

So now, to enact your form of vengeance you support a man that supports nazis, gives campaign money to hookers to shut them up, colludes with foreign governments, and gives a giant check to businesses that don't need it under the pretense of helping the average American.

You have some messed up morals if Obama didn't match yours.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866