Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't think Saurfang is suicidal, but I do think he would put honor in battle over his own life.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Unless she chose Banshee powers as her single weapon.

"I choose, Banshee powers!"

"What?"

"REEEEE"
    I lol'd

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    I don't think Saurfang is suicidal, but I do think he would put honor in battle over his own life.

I lol'd
    I think he's dangerously close to going Broxxigar with his constant "I want to die in battle" mantra.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    He can lie to himself all he likes. He can lie to you, too. But actions speak volumes.
    i still see his actions as a honorable orc, nd would do anything to protect his faction and people, including dying to defend then, thats it

is rly, rly funny, when you come up with "he can lie to himself and for you" when its exactly what sylvanas is doing about "protecting the horde" and a "future for the horde crildrens"

baffle me how people can swallow this and shit on saurfang for nothing, except a quote without all context

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i still see his actions as a honorable orc, nd would do anything to protect his faction and people, including dying to defend then, thats it

is rly, rly funny, when you come up with "he can lie to himself and for you" when its exactly what sylvanas is doing about "protecting the horde" and a "future for the horde crildrens"

baffle me how people can swallow this and shit on saurfang for nothing, except a quote without all context
    If you're rushing into battle when the retreat is already covered, you're wasting your life in a pursuit of honor.

I like Saurfang, I however don't like Saurfang acting dumb. What's more important, him feeling good and dying? Or him continuing to lead the orcs?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I think he's dangerously close to going Broxxigar with his constant "I want to die in battle" mantra.
    Inb4 he ends up facing down a Void Lord and giving it a papercut with some broken-ass weapon before it kills him.

You guys will go out of your way to believe anything that doesn't involve Saurfang evolving away from the abomination of Sylvannas' Horde.

This is Christie Golden writing by the books, guys. Come the fuck on, you should know by now this was her ultimate goal: To twist preconceptions of previously known lore.

WoD and Legion are perfect examples of this very same baffoonery, acting like she won't pull a fast one on you with Brown Orcs and Saurfang? You're not reading far enough into it, clearly.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    You guys will go out of your way to believe anything that doesn't involve Saurfang evolving away from the abomination of Sylvannas' Horde.

This is Christie Golden writing by the books, guys. Come the fuck on, you should know by now this was her ultimate goal: To twist preconceptions of previously known lore.

WoD and Legion are perfect examples of this very same baffoonery, acting like she won't pull a fast one on you with Brown Orcs and Saurfang? You're not reading far enough into it, clearly.
    What are you even saying

7+ Year Old Account
    If you're rushing into battle when the retreat is already covered, you're wasting your life in a pursuit of honor.

I like Saurfang, I however don't like Saurfang acting dumb. What's more important, him feeling good and dying? Or him continuing to lead the orcs?
    this is what don't match dude, Saurfang is not dumb, he is not suicidal, people are going full bananas for those lines without full context

He is old, he goes trough a lot of battles, he know suicide is dumb, he know he have a duty in life, he would not stay in there just for "lmao fuck i go die XD" without reaso, just for the sake of die

The only reasonable reason, based on his character, would be holding the alliance troops so the warchief and the others could run safe, this is die with honor for orcs.

If they ruin another character( with a goddammit decharacterizing) for the sake of plot just to promote sylvanas again im gonna be rly mad
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-17 at 05:51 AM.

i think it's very much in character with the saurfang we know. he's old and he knows it. going out in a blaze of glory defending the horde is end every orc wants (except for thrall cause he's a nerd). i think he'd rather die while he's useful with his honor intact, instead of just withering away.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post

And you guys will go out of your way to believe anything about Saurfang joining the alliance.

You act like it's her decision and her's alone that decides what happens in WoW, she writes the story, she does not decide what goes to what faction. If you honestly think the alliance are going to get brown orcs and saurfang you're deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    she's dead. the dead don't care about your feelings.
    Why is "the dead" leading a faction of mostly living things, then?

well..he has done some pretty terrible things even for an ork in his younger years(killing children etc assuming his old dialogue is still cannon) and then he has lost his son and other important figures in his life so what really does he have to live for? dudes just one massive bowl of regret and self hate for his failures and actions.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    The brainwashed Sylvanas fanboys will end up hating anything that presents even the slightest opposition to her character. If that means an honorable character like Saurfang gets to take the fall for it, then so be it.

It is getting sad at this point.
    Indeed. The fact that she is even warchief is utterly ridiculous, and tells me it was only done as pandering to her fanboys.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    i think it's very much in character with the saurfang we know. he's old and he knows it. going out in a blaze of glory defending the horde is end every orc wants (except for thrall cause he's a nerd). i think he'd rather die while he's useful with his honor intact, instead of just withering away.
    yes but he would not throw away his life if there is no need, there is no glory and honor in that, if he stay to defend the others, then there was no other option.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-17 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    Why is "the dead" leading a faction of mostly living things, then?
    because this is a fairy tale with monsters and dragons and gods and shit

talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    because this is a fairy tale with monsters and dragons and gods and shit

talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel
    Talk about not realizing what the issue is.

You have what once was a very cool Warrior culture (orcs), peaceful plains people (tauren) and weird-ass voodoo people (trolls) now being commanded by Lich King 2.0, all caring about efficiency and how "dying in combat is not a big deal, I'll just reanimate you anyway lolol".

Sylvanas doesn't even make sense with what all the classical Horde (that is, mostly ORC) themes were.

Like, you know, "Victory or Death". Not "Victory or undeath until victory!"

"Blood and Thunder". Not "Blood and Necromancy".

10+ Year Old Account
    Broxigar felt like a coward and was ashamed that he was alive while all his friends died in battle... He felt guilty for that, which is why he was suicidal and wanted to die.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    Talk about not realizing what the issue is.

You have what once was a very cool Warrior culture (orcs), peaceful plains people (tauren) and weird-ass voodoo people (trolls) now being commanded by Lich King 2.0, all caring about efficiency and how "dying in combat is not a big deal, I'll just reanimate you anyway lolol".

Sylvanas doesn't even make sense with what all the classical Horde (that is, mostly ORC) themes were.

Like, you know, "Victory or Death". Not "Victory or undeath until victory!"

"Blood and Thunder". Not "Blood and Necromancy".
    The Horde isn’t just about the Orcs

Deleted
    but she did. she got pisset he does not obey her every command and follow her ideals to the letter. orcs have ALWAYS been about "blood and honor" she does mock him and his ideals and taunts him about his son.
    it "simple" race psykology, It will be like mocking goblins for beeing greedy(or in most other fantasys Dwarfs) or a Tauren or Night elves for not wanting to burn down a forest. it is their ideals. Such is it for Orcs and Honor. it is simple she does taunt him. I am amazed at the level people will go to defend sylvanas. man had Garrosh been a hot elf MoP and Wod would have been so different

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ANeM View Post
    Blizzard doesn't know how to write any of their characters well. They only know how to make one character look good by putting them in opposition of another who is acting like a fucking idiot. They did the same thing when they were trying to make people like Varian in MoP. Temple of the Red Crane had you helping the various alliance leaders to set up an ambush. Tyrande couldn't recognize it as ambush, so Varian has to explain it to her. I know Tyrande can be a bit headstrong at times but I have a hard time believing a military leader who has been alive for millennia and comes from a race whose ability to turn invisible makes them uniquely suited for ambush tactics is somehow unable to recognize an ambush as she is helping to set it up.

If you can't make a character look smart you just make everyone around them dumb as a sack of bricks. They're doing the same thing with Saurfang and Sylvanas. People like Saurfang but aren't sold on Sylvanas as Warchief. So they make him dumb and headstrong so Sylvanas can appear to be more rational and concerned about the long term survival of the Horde. From Blizzards perspective this should make it clear that she is dedicated to the Horde.
    Unfortunately this is spot on and is also the reason why WoW lore is in full freefall.