Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Based on Blizzard's logic, Saurfang should go Alliance, because Sylvanas was rude to him.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    Why do I think putting Draenor Orcs on the Alliance is a bad idea or perhaps one of blizzard's biggest mistakes in wow. Put it simply it would not only ruin the Alliance Faction Identity but it would also mess with Horde Players who have been wanting to play brown orcs for years and years on end will start feel cheated and soon enough will probably quit the game altogether if Draenor Orcs/Mag'har joined the Alliance. Whole Allied Race Feature is suppose to be about having to play different kinds of subraces and allied races that makes sense for lore reasons. Having Orcs on the Alliance is like saying Horde is totally ok with having Humans to be on the horde side or dwarves like the wildhammers.

Only reason why some players within the community feels this way is because of wanting revenge on the horde because of nightborne joining the horde. To those people they need to deal with it. Reason why the nightborne joined the horde is because they have same magic addiction problem just like the blood elves and when Night Elves lead by Tyrande who only comes to slain demons of the legion and not help the rest of her suramar people kind of shows why they joined the horde. Nightborne doesn't want to join the alliance because Tyrande refuses to help them in their time of need and would leave them to die. You got Void Elves which is kind of High Elves but Blood Elves who has Void magic and even through I some what dislike the void elves atleast they too have reasons as to why they join the alliance.

Really hope Blizzard doesn't make a lore mistake or ruining faction identities on both the alliance and the horde. Mag'har Orcs fits more of the Horde Side than the Alliance. Kul'tiras Humans, Wildhammer Dwarves, and Broken Draenei fit more with the alliance side than horde. Keep these subraces as correct faction identity. Because if Draenor Orcs were on the alliance it would pretty much ruin what makes Warcraft the way it is.

Keep Orcs on the Horde and Keep Humans on the Alliance. That is what Warcraft is and always will be.
    i wouldn't be surprised if blizzard do something this stupid, peoples asked for mixed guilds and the ability to group with the other faction that from both gameplay and lore isn't a huge problem because player character are basically mercs.

But you know peoples asked for housing since forever and blizzard created garrison and class hall so i wouldn't be surprised if because peoples asked to remove faction separation they just mix the races.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Why do I think putting Draenor Orcs on the Alliance is a bad idea or perhaps one of blizzard's biggest mistakes in wow. Put it simply it would not only ruin the Alliance Faction Identity but it would also mess with Horde Players who have been wanting to play brown orcs for years and years on end will start feel cheated and soon enough will probably quit the game altogether if Draenor Orcs/Mag'har joined the Alliance. Whole Allied Race Feature is suppose to be about having to play different kinds of subraces and allied races that makes sense for lore reasons. Having Orcs on the Alliance is like saying Horde is totally ok with having Humans to be on the horde side or dwarves like the wildhammers.

Only reason why some players within the community feels this way is because of wanting revenge on the horde because of nightborne joining the horde. To those people they need to deal with it. Reason why the nightborne joined the horde is because they have same magic addiction problem just like the blood elves and when Night Elves lead by Tyrande who only comes to slain demons of the legion and not help the rest of her suramar people kind of shows why they joined the horde. Nightborne doesn't want to join the alliance because Tyrande refuses to help them in their time of need and would leave them to die. You got Void Elves which is kind of High Elves but Blood Elves who has Void magic and even through I some what dislike the void elves atleast they too have reasons as to why they join the alliance.

Really hope Blizzard doesn't make a lore mistake or ruining faction identities on both the alliance and the horde. Mag'har Orcs fits more of the Horde Side than the Alliance. Kul'tiras Humans, Wildhammer Dwarves, and Broken Draenei fit more with the alliance side than horde. Keep these subraces as correct faction identity. Because if Draenor Orcs were on the alliance it would pretty much ruin what makes Warcraft the way it is.

Keep Orcs on the Horde and Keep Humans on the Alliance. That is what Warcraft is and always will be.

just going to drop this right here and back away slowly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I think Saurfang is just going to come over and be an Alliance hero instead He clearly knows where all the lore action is happening and wants to be part of the story.
    He just wants Anduin to be his pocket healer

Skinny humans from Westfall go to the Horde and Mag'har orcs go to the Alliance. We then enter the stage of Humans vs Orcs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Alliance getting the hordes franchise race? Nothing exciting about that. But you play alliance, don't you? So it comes as no surprise you find it exciting, fortunately, it's unlikely to happen.

The factions should remain unique, what's the point of them if we end up in a situation of mirror images?
    I play both, but mainly alliance. But i am not surprised you would say that as i often duke it up with the roleplaying horde fans that are constantly in denial. I don't care for Orcs, so that isn't why i think it's exciting. I think it's exciting cause it breaks the mold and does something different. The story wouldn't be good faction vs bad faction anymore. It would be a complicated mess. That is very rich for storytelling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Based on Blizzard's logic, Saurfang should go Alliance, because Sylvanas was rude to him.
    You mean like Thallysra went horde cause Tyrande was rude to her? Yeah... blizz does that.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-02-17 at 11:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post

Atleast this has some solid evidence and reasoning, even if whiny Horde fanbois will never, ever accept the reality that Brown Orcs fit the Alliance better than Sylvannas' Horde.
    "some solid evidence and reasoning"... Just lol. You and your crew should learn about arguing and about logic, because man, your inferences are so out of place and such a bad joke. Guess you're just trolling.

Deleted
    There is no chance in hell that the Alliance is getting Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    There is no chance in hell that the Alliance is getting Orcs.
    Why not? Horde has elves after all.

Honestly though, I don't see it happening either.

Deleted
    I want this to happen just because of all the nerdrage that will follow

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Lol so true. The Alliance saved the Horde on Draenor too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I play both, but mainly alliance. But i am not surprised you would say that as i often duke it up with the roleplaying horde fans that are constantly in denial. I don't care for Orcs, so that isn't why i think it's exciting. I think it's exciting cause it breaks the mold and does something different. The story wouldn't be good faction vs bad faction anymore. It would be a complicated mess. That is very rich for storytelling.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean like Thallysra went horde cause Tyrande was rude to her? Yeah... blizz does that.

Pff really... "very rich for storytelling"... my god... that's just bad storytelling. The classical and poor statement of "different is better".

Can't believe people are actaully worried about this lol. Whoever spread this nonsense deserves a cookie.

a betrayal quest at high lvl would be better than taking such retarded action ! neither alliance nor horde like to this crap happens !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLDOOG View Post
    Saurfang goes to Anduin after getting freed from his prison just to say "you guys want sum orks?"
    If it were to happen, i think it would be recognition that Varian proved to him that the Alliance had honor in Icecrown and the Alliance/Anduin in the Undercity battle and that Sylvanas doesn't have any, willing to kill her own people for a military objectives.
    He then offers an idea on how to recover from the losses by bringing reinforcements from Daenor. Orcs looking for an honorable battle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vlindrel View Post
    Pff really... "very rich for storytelling"... my god... that's just bad storytelling. The classical and poor statement of "different is better".
    No, stagnation is what's good. Hey, if you disagree, good for you. But if you can't recognise the potential (just think about what would happen after the war. With Orcs in its ranks, Alliance loses the moral ground aswell in terms of claim to lands).

But hey, the old tropes and stagnant phony war that changes nothing is what is exciting right? Lack of vision. But hey, you got your opinion and i got mine.

Deleted
    If it were to happen, i think it would be recognition that Varian proved to him that the Alliance had honor in Icecrown and the Alliance/Anduin in the Undercity battle and that Sylvanas doesn't have any, willing to kill her own people for a military objectives.
    He then offers an idea on how to recover from the losses by bringing reinforcements from Daenor. Orcs looking for an honorable battle.

- - - Updated - - -

No, stagnation is what's good. Hey, if you disagree, good for you. But if you can't recognise the potential (just think about what would happen after the war. With Orcs in its ranks, Alliance loses the moral ground aswell in terms of claim to lands).

But hey, the old tropes and stagnant phony war that changes nothing is what is exciting right? Lack of vision. But hey, you got your opinion and i got mine.
    And again another classical and poor argument: "you got your opinion and I got mine". Is more about not knowing about storytelling. Just lack of knowledge in that field. I mean, you could just read and improve, it's not a problem. Regarding to this story in particular, we both know (I presume you do) that WoW is just set on some bases. Destroying those bases for doing something "different" is faraway from having "vision". One of those bases is Orcs vs. Humans. If you blow up that just for the funs, like a lot of you would like to do, you just destroy the fundament of the story. You don't make it change or go forward, you just fall into the nonsense of not having the fundamental pilar of the story. And just to get a lil bit farther... all the reasons and ""evidences"" that you and your crew see for "Saurfang and Orcs going Alliance" are a bad joke... where do you see those evidences? Give me some solid arguments, please. You're just jumping like 123412341234 km. away from some datamained texts...

But, hey, what do I know, right? Everyone's opinion's good and fine! Go-go relativism!

If you look at history, it's not always been a clear cut this side is them and that side is them...

In every game, novel, etc there are always some people from 1 group of people that don't agree with "their side" and go and fight for the other side..

I think it would be better now, for blizzard to allow you to roll any race and after you've done the starting area, allow them to choose the faction of their choice, like they do with panda's..

Would love to be a gnome running around with horde or taurens with the alliance...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlindrel View Post
    And again another classical and poor argument: "you got your opinion and I got mine". Is more about not knowing about storytelling. Just lack of knowledge in that field. I mean, you could just read and improve, it's not a problem. Regarding to this story in particular, we both know (I presume you do) that WoW is just set on some bases. Destroying those bases for doing something "different" is faraway from having "vision". One of those bases is Orcs vs. Humans. If you blow up that just for the funs, like a lot of you would like to do, you just destroy the fundament of the story. You don't make it change or go forward, you just fall into the nonsense of not having the fundamental pilar of the story. And just to get a lil bit farther... all the reasons and ""evidences"" that you and your crew see for "Saurfang and Orcs going Alliance" are a bad joke... where do you see those evidences? Give me some solid arguments, please. You're just jumping like 123412341234 km. away from some datamained texts...

But, hey, what do I know, right? Everyone's opinion's good and fine! Go-go relativism!
    You don't know anything about storytelling. What you are saying is a marketing reason to not change it. That is an old trope. Warcraft can evolve from Orcs vs humans to alliance vs horde. You are held back by the old tropes in your thinking. Don't come tell me it's a storytelling reason because it's not. The story would only benefit from not being constrained.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-02-17 at 01:32 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems the general consensus is 'yes that would be a bad idea, such a bad idea that it's silly to even bring it up as being a bad idea'.

Deleted
    You don't know anything about storytelling. What you are saying is a marketing reason to not change it. That is an old trope. Warcraft can evolve from Orcs vs humans to alliance vs horde. You are held back by the old tropes in your thinking. Don't come tell me it's a storytelling reason because it's not. The story would only benefit from not being constrained.
    Hahahah, see? You don’t even know how to argue propperly. Is that your argument? Saying that what I call storytelling is a marketing reason; did i say what’s storytelling? Think I didn’t bro. Just said that you don’t know about storytelling (which is obvious not only because of how you tilted) and pointed out why does “different” story choices you think are better just for the fact of being “different” would be senseless in this particular story. So, not only are you clueless about storytelling, but also your’re either a liar or you don’t know how to read. I neither did say that the story should be “constrained”, but come on, keep it up hahaha. Man... the one not knwowing about stoeytelling has been demonstrated to be you, lad. Let me known if you want me to give you some lessons.

Pd: waiting for your evidences and solit arguments about the Saurfang and Mag’har/Draenor Orcs going Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    If you look at history, it's not always been a clear cut this side is them and that side is them...

In every game, novel, etc there are always some people from 1 group of people that don't agree with "their side" and go and fight for the other side..

I think it would be better now, for blizzard to allow you to roll any race and after you've done the starting area, allow them to choose the faction of their choice, like they do with panda's..

Would love to be a gnome running around with horde or taurens with the alliance...
    Depending on the story you’re telling. In this one it would just bad storytelling and nonsense.

(Pd: no thanks, I hate gnomes, tinny bodies and enormous eyes, keep all of them x’D)
    Last edited by mmoc85d4b28885; 2018-02-17 at 02:21 PM.

Deleted

like, for you, having nightborn and blood elfs don't ruin horde identity ?

Yeah yeah okay