Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BM: New Talent Animal Companion

http://de.wowhead.com/news=281841/ba...ession-changes

Am i right and think that this will bring us a second Pet in BFA ?
    Makes me happy that i can keep the fire Mogg with double Corehounds..

Definitely sounds like they want to preserve the second pet, indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just remember that the second pet has no access to the family specials. It will only do the basic attacks of the family, along with the usual Kill Command and Beast Cleave mirrors of the main pet. There will be no double dipping on Ferocity Bloodlust and Tenacity Damage Reduction CD. As I said on another thread, I just hope that Blizz fixes the pet AI properly this time. No more crazy pathing, no more dopey target switching, and none of that returning to my side mid fight nonsense. Double Pets....Good. Stoopid Double Pets....Bad!

Deleted
    let me guess..........another bad buggy pet for bm?? i already hate hati for being so slow and weak....no way i talent it.

For me it sounds like exactly what most BM wanted to have, a second Pet, and by the looks of it, it works like Hati.
    Seems like at least a thing they did not make worse. IF it will be a Talent from the tree, well then the numbers will tell, but I hope it will be just a talent/skill we get at level 15 and have double pets.

Deleted
    Honestly? I think this is fucking awesome.
    People wanted Hati because of the 2-pet-thing and now they can! Blizz listened and delivered!

Quote Originally Posted by Indus Siebenschraube View Post
    Honestly? I think this is fucking awesome.
    People wanted Hati because of the 2-pet-thing and now they can! Blizz listened and delivered!
    Someone will find a will to look it bad, yeah yeah, they need to adjust it and fix the issues we have with pets right now, but t least, blizzard DO listen to their playerbase

Quote Originally Posted by Toxuvox View Post
    Just remember that the second pet has no access to the family specials. It will only do the basic attacks of the family, along with the usual Kill Command and Beast Cleave mirrors of the main pet. There will be no double dipping on Ferocity Bloodlust and Tenacity Damage Reduction CD. As I said on another thread, I just hope that Blizz fixes the pet AI properly this time. No more crazy pathing, no more dopey target switching, and none of that returning to my side mid fight nonsense. Double Pets....Good. Stoopid Double Pets....Bad!
    The tooltip for Animal Companion doesn't mention Beast Cleave or Bestial Wrath. Could be an oversight on Blizzard's part but it seems unlikely that they would fail to just copy the Master of Beasts tooltip if it was intended to mirror the artifact trait.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

It says "can't use pet family abilities" does that only apply to the special abilities like purge, or also to Bite, Smack etc?

If the 2nd it will only be there for Melee autoattack and Kill Command.

glad its a talent. means hopefully i never have to take it.

The other talents in that row are very weak. Unless they do some crazy balancing, this talent is going to be the strongest by far. Which makes the choice pointless.

Hati was cool but I'm really not bothered about a second pet, I'd much rather have something else.

It is kinda cool how BOTH pets will kill command when used though, that's neat.
    Last edited by Yhcti; 2018-02-16 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    The other talents in that row are very weak. Unless they do some crazy balancing, this talent is going to be the strongest by far. Which makes the choice pointless.
    I'm sure no numbers will change at all between the very first Alpha build and when the game is released in 7 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxuvox View Post
    fixing pet AI would be an i win button.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    I'm sure no numbers will change at all between the very first Alpha build and when the game is released in 7 months.
    Yeah because a year and a half of Legion is obviously not enough time to do something about Big Game Hunter, but those 7 months are definitely going to do magic. Shit talent is shit. An effect that increases your damage during the first 80% of the enemy health will always be shit. First phases of bosses are always the easiest and shortest.

Hope this will be a sub optimal talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    fixing pet AI would be an i win button.
    How so? BM hunters aren't doing world rocking dps in any scenario outside of the odd M+ setup. This may work out to PERHAPS a small % dps increase, but only by way of fixing things that actually need fixing. It's not like fixed pet AI would suddenly have us top the meters across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by antilope View Post
    let me guess..........another bad buggy pet for bm?? i already hate hati for being so slow and weak....no way i talent it.
    Well that's the good thing. At least it's a choice now.
    Meaning that if I feel like playing with a second pet (be it for aesthetic reasons or whatever) I can. But if the pet is buggy I can just opt out of it.

I just hope the dual pet combo won't be overpowering single pet option DPS wise. Hopefully the other talents are as strong or slightly stronger.

EDIT: Checking the current position in the talent tree it's kinda shitty. It's on the same line as Dire Beast and Big Game Hunter. The latter is notorious for being just a bad talent.
    Dire Beast is not bad, but if BGH is unviable it gives me the option of either having 2 pets, or having a plethora of random pets. I was kinda looking forward to having 1 pet with Dire Frenzy as a solid option.

I hope they change this.
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2018-02-17 at 12:43 PM.

having this as a talent rather than baked in to BM seems like a repeat of lone wolf being a talent and not baked in to MM last time.. well, maybe they'll recognise that and make it passive like they did with lone wolf ~.~
    Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    Well that's the good thing. At least it's a choice now.
    Meaning that if I feel like playing with a second pet (be it for aesthetic reasons or whatever) I can. But if the pet is buggy I can just opt out of it.

I just hope the dual pet combo won't be overpowering single pet option DPS wise. Hopefully the other talents are as strong or slightly stronger.

EDIT: Checking the current position in the talent tree it's kinda shitty. It's on the same line as Dire Beast and Big Game Hunter. The latter is notorious for being just a bad talent.
    Dire Beast is not bad, but if BGH is unviable it gives me the option of either having 2 pets, or having a plethora of random pets. I was kinda looking forward to having 1 pet with Dire Frenzy as a solid option.

I hope they change this.
    haha, we always hope one talent wont be the one everyone chooses over another. but the way the community sims stuff and makes cookie cutter builds, one will always be "best" even if it is just a couple tens of dps. and people will just glance at that cookie cutter and choose it without wanting to personalise their talents, simply wanting to be "the best," regardless of how their personal performance and play relates to a simulation.

so with this as a talent, it is going to end up one of two ways: every BM hunter will have two pets because its "the best," or 99.9% of BM hunters will not have two pets, because something else is "the best."

edit: this applies to every talent really, and i think it always will to a point. we're closer than ever to a situation where there is a little more flexibility, but i think the community at large is so used to blindly following builds that it'll take a while to shake it off.
    Last edited by the boar; 2018-02-17 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    having this as a talent rather than baked in to BM seems like a repeat of lone wolf being a talent and not baked in to MM last time.. well, maybe they'll recognise that and make it passive like they did with lone wolf ~.~
    No, because fuck having two pets. I don't want the default to be two pets and then wasting a talent point to only have one.