Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BfA Horde Intro - detailed image album (Imgur) (SPOILERS)

You might have seen the Horde Intro szenario from some Alpha players already. I decided to screenshot the story/dialogue bits from the video for players who missed some of the important parts or want to look for specific information.

https://imgur.com/a/OSYna

((with the chrome browser addon: "Hower Zoom+" you can just mouseover the link and scroll through the pictures with your mousewheel))

Source for the pictures: Nobbel's youtube video

Some of the more interesting szenes for me:

-) The mission is not to rescue Saurfang. Sylvanas probably thought he was dead.
    -) Allied races participate as well.
    -) Nathanos doesn't enter the stockades, he stays behind to cover the escape.

-) Saurfang distracts the SW guards so that the group can free the other prisoners.
    -) There are many placeholders for cinematics, so important information might be kept a secret still.
    -) Zul still has a placeholder model in the Alpha.

-) Everyone uses some power to help in the escape.
    -) We're only worth 50 gold pieces to the Alliance.
    -) Still important enough that Anduin himself joines the search.
    -) Thalyssra's shield repels angry Worgen.

-) "They were waiting for us. We were compromised"... What??
    -) Jaina loved the "escape from the Lich King" dungeon as well.
    -) Genn is afraid of fire.

-) Alliance forces have returned from Lordaeron.
    -) Beware the mighty Gnomish Gyro Engineer.
    -) Jaina chooses Stormwind before revenge.

I hope you like it. Let me know what you think about specific szenes
    Last edited by Maarius; 2018-02-17 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    You might have seen the Horde Intro szenario from some Alpha players already. I decided to screenshot the story/dialogue bits from the video for players who missed some of the important parts or want to look for specific information.

https://imgur.com/a/OSYna

((with the chrome browser addon: "Hower Zoom+" you can just mouseover the link and scroll through the pictures with your mousewheel))

Source for the pictures: Nobbel's youtube video

Some of the more interesting szenes for me:

-) The mission is not to rescue Saurfang. Sylvanas probably thought he was dead.
    -) Allied races participate as well.
    -) Nathanos doesn't enter the stockades, he stays behind to cover the escape.

-) Saurfang distracts the SW guards so that the group can free the other prisoners.
    -) There are many placeholders for cinematics, so important information might be kept a secret still.
    -) Zul still has a placeholder model in the Alpha.

-) Everyone uses some power to help in the escape.
    -) Still important enough that Anduin himself joines the search.
    -) Thalyssras shield repels angry Worgen.

-) "They were waiting for us. We were compromised"... What??
    -) Jaina loved the "escape from the Lich King" dungeon as well.
    -) Genn is afraid of fire.

-) Alliance forces have returned from Lordaeron.
    -) Beware the mighty Gnomish Gyro Engineer.
    -) Jaina chooses Stormwind before revenge.

I hope you like it. Let me know what you think about specific szenes
    I found this way more compelling and interesting than what we saw in Legion. The faction war always seems more grounded and brutal than the World-ending stuff in other expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    I found this way more compelling and interesting than what we saw in Legion. The faction war always seems more grounded and brutal than the World-ending stuff in other expansions.
    I also think that an "Old God expansion" couldn't have been done any other way. Doing evil things in the background, influencing people in secrecy, is what old gods do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol a torch sets entire stormwind on fire.. k

One thing I'm afraid of:

Before taking a closer look at this szenario I would have never believed that Saurfang could betray the group / the Horde(?!). He's an honorable Ork and betrayal is unthinkable, he'd rather die.

And then you have this one line during the escape after Saurfang went to see Anduin:
    "They were waiting for us. We were compromised"
    I'd say there is no way, that Saurfang betrayed them... but who else could have been the one?

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Lol a torch sets entire stormwind on fire.. k
    All it takes is one rogue flame. Ever hear about the Great Fire of London? A fire is incredibly dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I'm afraid of:

Before taking a closer look at this szenario I would have never believed that Saurfang could betray the group / the Horde(?!). He's an honorable Ork and betrayal is unthinkable, he'd rather die.

And then you have this one line during the escape after Saurfang went to see Anduin:

I'd say there is no way, that Saurfang betrayed them... but who else could have been the one?
    It really doesn’t seem like saurfang. My conspiracy is that Nathanos deliberately did it to ty and lure out the alliances best solderis so he can pick them off.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    All it takes is one rogue flame. Ever hear about the Great Fire of London? A fire is incredibly dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

It really doesn’t seem like saurfang. My conspiracy is that Nathanos deliberately did it to ty and lure out the alliances best solderis so he can pick them off.
    We're talking about a game where mages can conjure water elementals and cast ice magic. I mean, it would be much more believable if he used some sort of fire magic instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Want to point out that the character in-game gold is different to actual gold lore-wise (Character gold is more of a game mechanic). Going off of other RPGs in medieval/fantasy settings most folk earn 1-2g per day (or even less). So 50g per horde member is a pretty hefty amount lore-wise.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    We're talking about a game where mages can conjure water elementals and cast ice magic. I mean, it would be much more believable if he used some sort of fire magic instead.
    Don't forget: he can also see the future. He knows exactly where to set the fire to do maximum damage. Furthermore we don't know if magic was involved, he could have used the torch as conductor for some fire magic.

about Zul from the WoW Wiki:
    Among the Zanchuli Council are many priests and mages of incredible power and forbidden knowledge. One of the most respected of these is Zul.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2018-02-17 at 01:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    clearly this is set up to make players think saurfang betrayed the group, when it just isn't his style, so its going to be someone else we find out later, and then kick their ass.

I am happy to see the allied races playing part in this, its felt like for a while now the hordes been lacking in some growth of characters involved in events, this makes it feel like the new guys having horde spirit in the face of alliance oppression.

Also f**k Jaina.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2018-02-17 at 01:59 PM.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Also f**k Jaina.
    Regardless of the opinion whether Jaina is good or evil I found it most interesting that she chose to spare the escapees in favour of stopping the fire. There's still good in her, as Luke would say.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    The fuck? Stormwind can't put out a few fires without a god damn Archmage helping? That's so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    The fuck? Stormwind can't put out a few fires without a god damn Archmage helping? That's so stupid.
    I think you're overreacting, it's a matter of a few seconds in the szenario. I'm sure SW doesn't burn down and the fire is stopped moments after the Horde group makes the escape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Regardless of the opinion whether Jaina is good or evil I found it most interesting that she chose to spare the escapees in favour of stopping the fire. There's still good in her, as Luke would say.
    Well its obvious that with golden in charge they will be white washing her, so no surprises here.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I think you're overreacting, it's a matter of a few seconds in the szenario. I'm sure SW doesn't burn down and the fire is stopped moments after the Horde group makes the escape.
    The fact that it spreads that far from one torch, in a city primarily made of stone with large, water filled canals everywhere, is stupid too.

The fact that it spreads that far from one torch, in a city primarily made of stone with large, water filled canals everywhere, is stupid too.
    I still think your overanalyzing this, the game is not a simulation and illogical events happen in even the biggest movies all the time.

That said, the roofs of the buildings and all interiors aren't made of stone but of wood, just enter any house in SW. We haven't seen if buildings with explosives were involved as well, which might have happened offscreen.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2018-02-17 at 03:21 PM.

The fire was started by prophet Zul... with the torch he conveniently picked up a few moments earlier.... he knows a future, he can manipulate it, he placed the torch in specific spot, knowing the fire would spread from it and allow our escape.

That's why the comment at the end "i wouldn't want to cross you".
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    The fire was started by prophet Zul... with the torch he conveniently picked up a few moments earlier.... he knows a future, he can manipulate it, he placed the torch in specific spot, knowing the fire would spread from it and allow our escape.

That's why the comment at the end "i wouldn't want to cross you".
    "unless you drop nice t-mog"

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    "unless you drop nice t-mog"
    I really like Zul's new model, he should drop his stuff occasionally ^^

Deleted
    All in all pretty interesting and a better scenario than the alliance one, but sadly a few extreme plotholes, that makes everything look forced and for the sake of looking cool:

1. Why should Anduin himself search for them and being totally stupid doin so
    2. Why is Genn so slow?
    3. A torch to set a City of stone on fire...
    4. Doesn't the City have firefighters? Why does Jaina need to put that out
    5. Why isn't jainy icelancing the group and then saves the city, that is 1 global cooldown more.

So the whole escape stoy is way to heavy on extreme characters that should be able to deal with the situation, rather than being so bad at it.
    They should have chosen lesser characters for the szenario would look less forced.