Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    Agreed on the WW stuff. WW mobility is still around best-in-class even without mobility talents, so there's that, but it's a frustrating choice. Best I can say is it's still early, and that if a class has poor mobility and survival but does excellent damage, they'll still be brought to raids.

As for BrM, Warrior and Monk are the only tanks with active mitigation that works on spell damage in BFA. At this point, DK/DH/Pally have reactive self-healing that's maybe better than Warrior/Monk AM, but we don't really know yet. What we do know is Warrior/Monk have something different. It could be an advantage.
    BrM spell mitigation also got nerfed along with other tanks. Our spell damage stagger is only at 20% in BfA, down from our current 40% and stagger itself has been nerfed for 5%. So in BfA we're only going to stagger 20% of 70% = 14% of spell damage.... Even with every talent set for spell damage mitigation, it'll still only be 28% of 80% stagger = 22.4% spell damage mitigation.

I'd still rather have the self healing from DK/DH over our 14% to 22% spell stagger.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I'd still rather have the self healing from DK/DH over our 14% to 22% spell stagger.
    DH ST healing is far below brewmaster.

Also all tanks self healing is nerfed pretty hard in the alpha. Blood can barely self sustain pulling large packs of quest mobs atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    And half of those are still in the alpha. I doubt they just leave half of the classes with unique buffs making them mandatory and leaving others to dust. (hopefully).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    And half of those are still in the alpha. I doubt they just leave half of the classes with unique buffs making them mandatory and leaving others to dust. (hopefully).
    My problem is indeed "wheres the other half". And yeah, im worried blizz wont do it.

My problem is indeed "wheres the other half". And yeah, im worried blizz wont do it.
    Either they will restore them or they will overlap the current half with the other half to not have such strict requirements on getting all buffs. AKA like it was in MoP. Or remove all of them together because they're worried about balance with them. They aren't going to literally only give half of the classes unique buffs and tell the other half to f off and enjoy their legion esque utility, this meltdown is hilarious.

Deleted
    But they are not all cut. Fort is there, arcane intellect aswell as far as i remember. Motw aswell, battle shout aswell.

I know the DH's bring a 5% extra spell damage buff.

I'm sure there is more

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Either they will restore them or they will overlap the current half with the other half to not have such strict requirements on getting all buffs. AKA like it was in MoP. Or remove all of them together because they're worried about balance with them. They aren't going to literally only give half of the classes unique buffs and tell the other half to f off and enjoy their legion esque utility, this meltdown is hilarious.
    Ill believe it when i see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    BrM spell mitigation also got nerfed along with other tanks. Our spell damage stagger is only at 20% in BfA, down from our current 40% and stagger itself has been nerfed for 5%. So in BfA we're only going to stagger 20% of 70% = 14% of spell damage.... Even with every talent set for spell damage mitigation, it'll still only be 28% of 80% stagger = 22.4% spell damage mitigation.

At this point, I agree, but Blizzard has a pretty strong tendency to undertune Monk for the first 3-12 weeks of an expansion, then overbuff them to compensate. It's happened literally every time. So while the numbers definitely aren't there right now, Monk class mechanics are still a market inefficiency just waiting to be exploited.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    But they are not all cut. Fort is there, arcane intellect aswell as far as i remember. Motw aswell, battle shout aswell.

I know the DH's bring a 5% extra spell damage buff.

I'm sure there is more
    Mark of the Wild is gone. The only player buffs now are Stamina/Int/AP from Priest/Mage/Warrior, and the debuffs are 5% increases to spell/magic damage from DH and Rogue, respectively.

Deleted
    At this point, I agree, but Blizzard has a pretty strong tendency to undertune Monk for the first 3-12 weeks of an expansion, then overbuff them to compensate. It's happened literally every time. So while the numbers definitely aren't there right now, Monk class mechanics are still a market inefficiency just waiting to be exploited.

- - - Updated - - -

Mark of the Wild is gone. The only player buffs now are Stamina/Int/AP from Priest/Mage/Warrior, and the debuffs are 5% increases to spell/magic damage from DH and Rogue, respectively.
    Cool.

Feedback on that is fine and getting their reasoning even better.

As long as people keep their heads cool and remember its still alpha and things are changing all the time.

Please dont fall into the black pit of conspirazy theories and so forth and so on

What's it matter anyways? No one actually plays monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrunner01 View Post
    What's it matter anyways? No one actually plays monk.
    Flavor of the month high in sims with forgiving rotation and enjoyable gameplay, they're popping up absolutely everywhere atm.

Ill believe it when i see it.
    Some people just enjoy wearing the tin foil hats I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the more reason to start off the expansion with another tank.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

The AoE stun and RoP will only be useful for M+ and PvP. I'm talking about raids in this thread. I am well aware those 2 things will be useful for dungeons and PvP. Even with those 2 things, I'd still much rather take a DH or DK to M+ though. I prefer their self sustainability (and their mass grip as well as DH's AoE silence and fear) to an AoE stun or RoP any day.

Guessing he's referring to Paladin's Repentence and Shaman's Hex which have 30s CD. However, those 2 classes also provide A SHIT TON of other utility to complement their CC crapiness.
    Monk is one of the class which did not lose aoe stun and you complain? Also WW is probably one of the best designed specs in current WoW and already in BfA. Why the hell you think aoe stun will be usefull only in M+? In antorus theres few encounters where aoe stun can be very usefull. Do you really think in BfA w there wont be fights with adds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Monk is one of the class which did not lose aoe stun and you complain? Also WW is probably one of the best designed specs in current WoW and already in BfA. Why the hell you think aoe stun will be usefull only in M+? In antorus theres few encounters where aoe stun can be very usefull. Do you really think in BfA w there wont be fights with adds?
    Because AoE stuns will definitely get them a raid spot.

Locks will also have a ranged AoE stun and 3 other unique utility only they can bring.

Root.

The hardest of CCs.
    I mean, root completely invalidates all melee, and ranged as well if you can LOS them. Hell, in PvP you can melt someone if you root their healer out of LOS.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Because AoE stuns will definitely get them a raid spot.

Locks will also have a ranged AoE stun and 3 other unique utility only they can bring.
    But you said aoe stun is useless so why it matters locks have one? Do you think aoe stun will get them raid spot?

Really many classes would like to be in the spot where monks are atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    But you said aoe stun is useless so why it matters locks have one? Do you think aoe stun will get them raid spot?

Really many classes would like to be in the spot where monks are atm.
    Maybe you should learn to read posts before thinking you know what you're talking about, friendo.

I'm not going to say what I've said two times before, go back and read or stop posting.

Nah, Im just tired of another doomsayer how the class in ruined because blablabla when in reality they are really good.

Some people just enjoy wearing the tin foil hats I suppose.
    Nope, its a healthy thing to question stuff. You should try, instead of having blind faith that everything is gonna be rainbows.