Poll: Is poor hygiene in public getting worse?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Sometimes on the bus there will be homeless people and sometimes they smell. When it's cold they'll buy a ticket and ride the bus all day cause it's warm inside.

I don't envy bus drivers.
    Yes, it's definitely the bus driver you should feel sorry for here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    Mmh, smegma and then they wonder why you don't want them sticking their dick in you.
    then clean it ? a little smegma is normal and healthy so dont overreact please

Had no idea what skid marks is, googled it, my reaction:

-- pic
    You'll be surprised how many adults have them. It's really easy to see this shit (no pun) here in SEA, because it's warm/hot and people tend to sweat a lot.

For this reason locals use bidets, but foreigners... Americans are the worst offenders, probably, many of them hate bidet sprays w/ passion >_>

15+ Year Old Account
    This is very important to me.
    I always complain that people should not touch my keyboard or mouse at work because I don't want their germs all over my shit. I wash my hands often and it's a dealbreaker for me if the girl I like doesn't have a good hygiene.
    I care a lot about hygiene, but I'm also pretty much never sick.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    You'll be surprised how many adults have them. It's really easy to see this shit (no pun) here in SEA, because it's warm/hot and people tend to sweat a lot.

For this reason locals use bidets, but foreigners... Americans are the worst offenders, probably, many of them hate bidet sprays w/ passion >_>
    Can't recall seeing that ever. I guess the people I've seen the underwear of are hygienic enough to not have them.

Ha, I wish I could have that installed in my apartment but I have to do with the shower. The landlord won't let me install one.
    Last edited by Player Twelve; 2018-02-17 at 06:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    This is very important to me.
    I always complain that people should not touch my keyboard or mouse at work because I don't want their germs all over my shit. I wash my hands often and it's a dealbreaker for me if the girl I like doesn't have a good hygiene.
    I care a lot about hygiene, but I'm also pretty much never sick.
    Lol . You are my spirit animal. “I don’t want their germs all over my shit”. 11th Commandment
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Ha, I wish I could have that installed in my apartment but I have to do with the shower. The landlord won't let me install one.
    Here all bathrooms have at least basic bidet spray, even public toilets have them. In some areas it's actually hard to buy a roll of toilet paper because bidets are so prevalent.

Here all bathrooms have at least basic bidet spray, even public toilets have them. In some areas it's actually hard to buy a roll of toilet paper because bidets are so prevalent.
    Huh, how do people get dry after using one? Do they just let it air dry?

10+ Year Old Account
    Moist cheeks.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    I have this radical idea; they should always keep it cölean and not just right before they're going to have sex.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Moist cheeks.
    Hello fungal infection.

A good portion of people are nasty as hell.

If you aren't using a washrag or some sort of exfoliating scrubber in the shower, then you likely smell like ass. Speaking of ass, when you're in the shower you should be actively washing in-between your cheeks. Also, bend your fatass over and get them feet, nice and scrubbed. Those are two of the main smell producers.

On a side note, maintain and trim your greasy ass hair. This applies to the top of your head, yo armpits, pubic area, facial hair, and most especially, yo ass.

Too damn many of y'all walking around smelling like some booty and don't give a damn. And, you might be a cheap ass about everything else, but don't be stingy as hell with that shampoo/conditioner and body wash. Spend the extra few dollars for that good-good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    There was actually a shower thread here a few years ago and people admitted to not showering more than 2 times per week and they thought it was normal.
    I remember that thread, there was 3 folk who said the longest the ever went without washing was a year....I pray they don't work in a kitchen.

All I can say is that I cant stand to eat certain fish meals anymore after a encounter with a woman's lower body parts smells. So I guess both genders have bad hygiene happening...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I remember that thread, there was 3 folk who said the longest the ever went without washing was a year....I pray they don't work in a kitchen.
    You’re keeping notes. Lol go you.

Well, I should've said that it's hard to find proper toilet paper in rolls, many people just use tissue paper. Small pocket packs are sold everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Do you think airlines should rebook passengers?
    No. It's not pleasant but it's not that big of a deal.

Should a school report a parent who’s kid has poor hygiene?
    No.

Do you think a place of employment out to be able to terminate their employee for?
    Maybe. But only if the issue is chronic, avoidable and has been addressed with them before. The only reason I even consider the notion is because it wouldn't be right for a business to lose good employees over it.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much more of an issue has poor hygiene become and what are some more of your thoughts on the issue?

My thoughts? It's never pleasant being around somebody who smells, and I certainly think it is bad manners to be that person if you could have avoided it, but it's just really not that big of a deal to me. 99% of the time your experience will end in a few hours, if not a few minutes. You'll survive. And while you may literally have come across somebody who just doesn't give a fuck, you may also have run into somebody who does and just couldn't help it at that particular moment. You don't know their story; a little compassion never hurts anybody.

Further, I think it's worth mentioning that some of it may be cultural. In the US we mostly believe it's abhorrent not to shower every day, but that's not the case in every culture. Or, for example, in the small Austrian town my mother came from, you only use a few seconds of water total in your showers -- she literally got yelled at for leaving it running when she went back to visit after decades in the US. It's probably still enough, but who knows if it's noticeable.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Can't say it's getting worse, I've encountered a few people who smell in public but it's not like they're many.

Well, I should've said that it's hard to find proper toilet paper in rolls, many people just use tissue paper. Small pocket packs are sold everywhere.
    Doesn't that cost more in the long term though?

Deleted
    Yeah, one of my roomies from student days was that kind of a genius.

He decided to cut his off, so no sweat, oil, etc would get trapped. Given that he had pretty much permanent skid marks, foreskin wasn't the reason why he had issues >_>
    How lazy must one be to circumcise to avoid washing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    No it fucking isn't LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    No. It's not pleasant but it's not that big of a deal.

No.

Maybe. But only if the issue is chronic, avoidable and has been addressed with them before. The only reason I even consider the notion is because it wouldn't be right for a business to lose good employees over it.

My thoughts? It's never pleasant being around somebody who smells, and I certainly think it is bad manners to be that person if you could have avoided it, but it's just really not that big of a deal to me. 99% of the time your experience will end in a few hours, if not a few minutes. You'll survive. And while you may literally have come across somebody who just doesn't give a fuck, you may also have run into somebody who does and just couldn't help it at that particular moment. You don't know their story; a little compassion never hurts anybody.

Further, I think it's worth mentioning that some of it may be cultural. In the US we mostly believe it's abhorrent not to shower every day, but that's not the case in every culture. Or, for example, in the small Austrian town my mother came from, you only use a few seconds of water total in your showers -- she literally got yelled at for leaving it running when she went back to visit after decades in the US. It's probably still enough, but who knows if it's noticeable.

Couldn’t agree with every line of this more. Great post and break down.