10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Gun violence overall has been on the decline now for decades. As crime overall. Maybe the money could be spent better else where? Not sure why they would be against it from a pro gun rights stance. I am not.

Try to pull a Tear Jerker?
    Well it was blocked for a few decades. Why is it blocked? Is that a good reason to block research? Crime has also gone down but research into that is not blocked.
    well tijuna is a bit of a tear jerker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    CDC research was not blocked. The Dickey Amendment only said that the CDC could not use federal funding to be politically biased and promote gun control.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    CDC research was not blocked. The Dickey Amendment only said that the CDC could not use federal funding to be politically biased and promote gun control.
    So it was blocked.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it was blocked for a few decades. Why is it blocked? Is that a good reason to block research? Crime has also gone down but research into that is not blocked.
    well tijuna is a bit of a tear jerker.
    PhaelixWW answered it for you. He knew, I did not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a pretty poor answer actually. Very vague standard. Sounds like a block to me. Anything can be described as politically biased.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it was blocked.
    So you're claiming that the CDC is incapable of being unbiased? Or that they're incapable of finding funding outside federal funding? Or both?

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The language of the amendment is very loose and has pretty much been used as a block by the NRA to stop any research into guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're claiming that the CDC is incapable of being unbiased? Or that they're incapable of finding funding outside federal funding? Or both?
    Not my claim at all, but nice attempt at trying to change my argument. All someone against the CDC would have to claim is that there is a bias. Sounds like a block to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a pretty poor answer actually. Very vague standard. Sounds like a block to me. Anything can be described as politically biased.
    Which it sounds like it was politically bias from the beginning. If true, it should have not received federal funding. I have no issue with it if that is the case. No matter, that alone would not make me condemn the NRA. Actually explains why they could oppose it. Being the advocates for what they stand for.

Since the CDC has been under republican and democratic administration that is not the problem, the problem is any research into guns can be viewed as promoting gun control due to its nature therefore this is a block. Unless you think both democrats and republicans are out to get rid of guns.

- - - Updated - - -

Which it sounds like it was politically bias from the beginning. If true, it should have not received federal funding. I have no issue with it if that is the case. No matter, that alone would not make me condemn the NRA. Actually explains why they could oppose it. Being the advocates for what they stand for.
    see above both republicans and democrats have had control of the CDC this is not a political issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like all someone who wants to block has to do is say its biased regardless as its very easy to infer a political bias. Also what a meaningless statement you make here. stop being such a mouth piece. Are you okay with the blocking of research because someone advocates a block?

Well since anything that suggests that gun control might be a good idea is considered "biased", yeah....it's a block.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post

- - - Updated - - -

see above both republicans and democrats have had control of the CDC this is not a political issue.
    How did it get blocked or amended then? Some majority members had to vote to amend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not my claim at all, but nice attempt at trying to change my argument. All someone against the CDC would have to claim is that there is a bias. Sounds like a block to me.
    And yet, not an actual block, as they do, in fact, do gun violence research.

Mind you, I'm not opposed to the CDC getting more funding, but I also take issue with their ofttimes biased research.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account

Mind you, I'm not opposed to the CDC getting more funding, but I also take issue with their ofttimes biased research.
    Anything can be biased, all they would have to say to oppose it is that there is a bias. That is a block and a very arbitrary standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like all someone who wants to block has to do is say its biased regardless as its very easy to infer a political bias. Also what a meaningless statement you make here. stop being such a mouth piece. Are you okay with the blocking of research because someone advocates a block?
    Put me on ignore it it bothers you that much. I am who I am. I never got to vote on blocking it. Apparently enough did however. Ask them.

How do you conduct research into guns that can't be used to promote gun control? we are talking about guns which have one function killing. There's no way to conduct research that cannot be used for gun control arguments it is a block.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put me on ignore it it bothers you that much. I am who I am. I never got to vote on blocking it. Apparently enough did however. Ask them.
    So you are just gonna devolve at this point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    How do you conduct research into guns that can't be used to promote gun control? we are talking about guns which have one function killing. There's no way to conduct research that cannot be used for gun control arguments it is a block.
    Which in itself is not true. See, that is how biased research can be done. Kind like how some want to throw in suicides as argument for so much gun violence.

Which in itself is not true. See, that is how biased research can be done. Kind like how some want to throw in suicides as argument for so much gun violence.
    What else do you use guns for besides harm? is there a how to cook with AR-15 video I am missing? Please educate me what other use is there for a gun?