5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Oh the rage would be immense. You can have exactly same game as vanilla, but if graphics will be updated, peeps will cry "BLIZZ LIED TO US, THAT'S NOT VANILLA". They won't accept ANY changes. But then again, should Blizz let them dictate how WoW Classic should look like?
    No matter what they do, they're going to have some people screaming about the game being not "Their" version of Vanilla. 'Cause each person is going to have their own favorite parts of it. Will they allow the Pet-Plague to wipe out Orgrimmar and Stormwind, again? Doubtful. That's going to piss off some folks who enjoyed that. Or kiting raid bosses into major cities to cackle as the locals are slaughtered. No way -that- would make it live, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Considering some of the many Vanilla threads. Some of them are willing to have some gameplay changes that weren't vanilla.
    There's this, too, absolutely.

In any event, Classic WoW won't be just a cash grab aimed at 'Nilla Wafers. They're going to try to get as many people as possible buying and playing the game.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Considering some of the many Vanilla threads. Some of them are willing to have some gameplay changes that weren't vanilla.
    Some do, some don't. Blizz opened the Pandora's box with classic.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Some do, some don't. Blizz opened the Pandora's box with classic.
    It's almost as if their "You think you do, but you don't" had a kernal of truth. Not saying it's blanket truth, don't get me wrong. Only that so many people will be sad about what 'classic' is released.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    I say leave everything as it is. They wanted Classic Vanilla...give them exactly what they've been moaning and pissing for. Don't give them updated models...screw them. We didn't have it in Vanilla, why should they? I can't wait to read all the qq threads. Seriously.....think about it.....Vanilla was 14 going on 15 years ago....how many of these people who were demanding Classic were even old enough to reach a keyboard? Give them what they want.....classic old school Vanilla...have fun kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    They should start with updating the oldest and most outdated content. TBC a WotLK zones, Cata content can wait.
    I would love to revisit Outland. It has much potential to build on, at that. Hence why I support a potential (though way less likely now) of Fel Orcs, and maybe make Hellfire Penninsula a warfront.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt Vanilla WoW will be successful. Old school Runescape worked because the current version of the game really was shit. Filled with microtransaction and incompetent developers, on top of the nostalgic effect. They have also started updating it with new content.

Being that Vanilla WoW is a different concept/game, it's also probably harder to develop for, and viewed with rose tinted goggles, I see it plummeting after like 3 or 4 months. I'll probably try it but I already hate how slow leveling is in 7.3.5. I doubt I'll want to grind to 60 for ugly textured gear and a raid.

Lookin' good, Mag'har! They'll fit in great with the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    I doubt Vanilla WoW will be successful. Old school Runescape worked because the current version of the game really was shit. Filled with microtransaction and incompetent developers, on top of the nostalgic effect. They have also started updating it with new content.

Being that Vanilla WoW is a different concept/game, it's also probably harder to develop for, and viewed with rose tinted goggles, I see it plummeting after like 3 or 4 months. I'll probably try it but I already hate how slow leveling is in 7.3.5. I doubt I'll want to grind to 60 for ugly textured gear and a raid.
    Indeed, it took me 2 weeks to get to the relevant content in 7.3.5 with my VE, in vanilla it would more likely take 2 months.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post

I aint a fan of Classic myself, but i could see it retain a small but noticable fanbase similar to the P1999 crowd, evenings it has about 1.2k people playing for years now.
    maybe like as low as 5k to as high as 25k people. i dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    this looks wrong

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    this looks wrong
    So that's why Blizzard are fixing orcish backs.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Oh the rage would be immense. You can have exactly same game as vanilla, but if graphics will be updated, peeps will cry "BLIZZ LIED TO US, THAT'S NOT VANILLA". They won't accept ANY changes. But then again, should Blizz let them dictate how WoW Classic should look like?
    But Blizzard never said they were going to bring back vanilla. They said they wanted to replicate the classic experience as best they could. Anyone expecting a 1:1 vanilla to classic server is fooling themselves. This project, if it ever happens, will have all the new tech and behind the scenes happenings. I have a theory they are redoing the entire world for classic but also using that teams work to incorporate it into live.

- - - Updated - - -

I keep reading thin Humans to Horde and Draenor Orcs to Alliance, But I can't seem to find where this is coming from.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's mostly a big theory going around.

using that teams work to incorporate it into live.
    What do you mean by that, sorry for cutting it off, I was just curious.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I keep reading thin Humans to Horde and Draenor Orcs to Alliance, But I can't seem to find where this is coming from.
    People are completely ignoring the Lightforged Draenei, Dark Iron Dwarves and Highmountain Tauren, and claiming allied races are meant to give Alliance models/animations to the Horde and vice/versa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    No matter what they do, they're going to have some people screaming about the game being not "Their" version of Vanilla. 'Cause each person is going to have their own favorite parts of it. Will they allow the Pet-Plague to wipe out Orgrimmar and Stormwind, again? Doubtful. That's going to piss off some folks who enjoyed that. Or kiting raid bosses into major cities to cackle as the locals are slaughtered. No way -that- would make it live, again.

There's this, too, absolutely.

In any event, Classic WoW won't be just a cash grab aimed at 'Nilla Wafers. They're going to try to get as many people as possible buying and playing the game.
    I VERY much doubt there is going to be such a thing as "buying vanilla".

We all already own our own copy of it. Its going to be under our monthly sub and most likely added to the B-net client or something like that.

5+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean by that, sorry for cutting it off, I was just curious.
    Basically stated:

The Classic WoW team has to rebuild the original World Map.

In doing so, they'll be using HD Textures.

Those HD Textures can be added to Battle for Azeroth in addition to being used for Classic WoW.

One effort, two games profit from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I VERY much doubt there is going to be such a thing as "buying vanilla".

We all already own our own copy of it. Its going to be under our monthly sub and most likely added to the B-net client or something like that.
    No. You own a World of Warcraft license. You don't own a "WoW Classic: HD Remaster" copy, yet. You'll have to buy one!

And pay a separate subscription, too, since the other game is going to have maintenance fees and a customer support staff who'll need to be paid for working on it and such.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Oh lol.

But seriously people need to stop with this Mag'har orcs going to alliance. It has absolutely no basis. Blizzard would never do that, especially when they'e going with nostagia with this expansion where the theme has to resemble orcs vs humans.

But to change subject I was pondering about Darkspears in Zuldazar, and truth to be told I fear that they might be robbed from proper development. Getting Zandalari on Horde side should be their primary job.
    And from datamined stuff so far it looks that Gob Squad has more screen time than Rokhan.

And while thankfully Rokhan will appear in cinematic fighting the cynical me thinks he will have as much screentime as Vol'Jin had. So he will just appear briefly and then the focus will be elsewhere.

It would be as big bummer (if not bigger) as Baine being cut off from Highmountain questing experience.

Why is it so crucial? Because each time Darkspears were meant to have their moment to shine their thunder was stolen by someone else. And considering that recently they lost the only well established representative, this expansion will be for them "make it or break it". I really want for them to truly show what they're capable of as they're the most battle-worn tribe on Azeroth, they were fighting on each front and on various conditions in many campaigns. I'd really like for devs to finally emphasise it and show them as the veteran kind of tribe. It would bring a great potential on how would they exchange experience with Zandalari considering that in vanilla both tribes shared a great respect to one another.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Basically stated:

The Classic WoW team has to rebuild the original World Map.

In doing so, they'll be using HD Textures.

Those HD Textures can be added to Battle for Azeroth in addition to being used for Classic WoW.

One effort, two games profit from it.

- - - Updated - - -

No. You own a World of Warcraft license. You don't own a "WoW Classic: HD Remaster" copy, yet. You'll have to buy one!

And pay a separate subscription, too, since the other game is going to have maintenance fees and a customer support staff who'll need to be paid for working on it and such.
    - WoW Classic: HD Remaster
    - You'll have to buy one
    - And pay a separate subscription

Its always nice when poeple make things up and present them as facts.

Anyway i disagree with your opinion. As i said - added under the normal sub or maybe you can add an extra small sub fee to also gain acces to the vanilla servers. Most likely imo its just gonne be the same sub fee though.

Even more unlikely, to me, is that you will actually have to go and buy it. They arent making a new game here. Granted there are some things they need to redo do fit the new systems but i'm still 99% sure its not going to make them put an actual prizetag on it.

Also your No Beta Club sign makes no sense atm

10+ Year Old Account

ono... /char
    [/URL]

10+ Year Old Account
    ono.
    If there was ever a codex of Warcraft. The first rule would be

Humans cannot be on the Horde, Orcs cannot be on the Alliance.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi