10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Anything can be biased, all they would have to say to oppose it is that there is a bias. That is a block and a very arbitrary standard.
    All that "who" would have to say? Who do you think judges whether or not the research is biased? Congress. The same agency that issues the funding and authored the amendment in the first place. So vote in a new Congress and problem solved.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Which in itself is not true. See, that is how biased research can be done. Kind like how some want to throw in suicides as argument for so much gun violence.
    see how vague a the standard is? Look at how anything can be seen as biased?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    All that "who" would have to say? Who do you think judges whether or not the research is biased? Congress. The same agency that issues the funding and authored the amendment in the first place. So vote in a new Congress and problem solved.
    explains the millions in lobbying.
    Hmm would you support this standard expanded into other areas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    we are talking about guns which have one function killing.
    I've seen you attempt to state this is as a fact countless times.

It's not.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I've seen you attempt to state this is as a fact countless times.

It's not.
    What else do you use a gun for besides to harm and destroy? Do you drive your revolver to work? do you use it to cook? open doors?

10+ Year Old Account
    What else do you use guns for besides harm?
    Firearms are used mostly for target shooting. And the Second Amendment protects them for their use in self-defense.

And just so we're clear, self-defense does not typically imply harm, as firearms are used exponentially more as a deterrent than as a tool to harm in defensive use. That's the same way that having a dog in part to protect you or your home is not the same as having that dog's sole purpose to harm people.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Firearms are used mostly for target shooting. And the Second Amendment protects them for their use in self-defense.

And just so we're clear, self-defense does not typically imply harm, as firearms are used exponentially more as a deterrent than as a tool to harm in defensive use. That's the same way that having a dog in part to protect you or your home is not the same as having that dog's sole purpose to harm people.
    sigh you aren't helping your case you shoot things to destroy them, when you shoot a bullet at someone regardless of cause it doesn't give them a fuzzy feeling. Again what other use is there for guns aside from harm? it is what they were made to do nothing else it's not like a knife which has other uses.

see above both republicans and democrats have had control of the CDC this is not a political issue.
    It IS a political issue. Since 1996 the Democrats have never had the super majority needed to perform changes to the Dickey Amendment. Republicans have always had enough clout to filibuster, block, add it to other laws to make sure it stays.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It IS a political issue. Since 1996 the Democrats have never had the super majority needed to perform changes to the Dickey Amendment. Republicans have always had enough clout to filibuster, block, add it to other laws to make sure it stays.
    Republicans will always block any changes that involve guns including proposing legislation that would let blind people own guns.. The legislation should be changed getting raw reliable data is not a bad thing unless you are the NRA and don't want it to affect gun sales.

crazed school shooters go after soft targets, the same as any criminal.
    i know the cucks dont want to hear it, but i have no intention of allowing myself to be disarmed

sigh you aren't helping your case you shoot things to destroy them, when you shoot a bullet at someone regardless of cause it doesn't give them a fuzzy feeling. Again what other use is there for guns aside from harm? it is what they were made to do nothing else it's not like a knife which has other uses.
    you're generalizing all the uses as harm, ignoring that not all types of harm is the same. Self defense, a gun will harm the enemy but that's a harm we all want. Hunting, that harms the animal, but hunting has been a thing our race has been doing since the dawn of time. Wars/battles you try winning one without a gun. Fighting corrupt governments/resisting invaders... you're not gonna do much with pots and pans. And my favorite of all... zombie apocalypse!

I personally hate guns and wish I was born in a time period before they exist... but that's also because I would love to be a bandit pillaging and doing other stuff. Guns take out bad guys so easily that any time period after that just becomes harder to be evil, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    you're generalizing all the uses as harm, ignoring that not all types of harm is the same. Self defense, a gun will harm the enemy but that's a harm we all want. Hunting, that harms the animal, but hunting has been a thing our race has been doing since the dawn of time. Wars/battles you try winning one without a gun. Fighting corrupt governments/resisting invaders... you're not gonna do much with pots and pans. And my favorite of all... zombie apocalypse!

I personally hate guns and wish I was born in a time period before they exist... but that's also because I would love to be a bandit pillaging and doing other stuff. Guns take out bad guys so easily that any time period after that just becomes harder to be evil, ya know?
    Thanks for proving my point I guess? just to clarify I don't want to take guns away I want reasonable gun legislation and blocking holes in our current system.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    crazed school shooters go after soft targets, the same as any criminal.
    i know the cucks dont want to hear it, but i have no intention of allowing myself to be disarmed
    If someone wanted to kill you, they wouldn't even think about the possibility of you being armed when they could just shoot you dead before you can react.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol someone said cuck

10+ Year Old Account
    you shoot things to destroy them
    Again, you're attempting to make this a statement of fact when it's not.

when you shoot a bullet at someone regardless of cause it doesn't give them a fuzzy feeling.
    And yet neither of my examples involved "shooting a bullet at someone", so your point here is completely out in the middle of nowhere.

Again what other use is there for guns aside from harm? it is what they were made to do nothing else
    So after completely ignoring what I said, you're just repeating the same false statement again. Interesting debate tactic.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Might as well just buy stock in all the gun manufacturers. When shit like this happens, people always buy more guns, which leads to more shootings, which gets more people scared, which leads them to buy more guns, etc. It's the greatest racket on the planet, and the best part of it is that the very people who are getting milked to their bottom dollar are the ones most fervently arguing that the spice continue to flow, it's ingenious.
    Yep lol because every time there is a shooting people say let's take shit away, so the gun lovers buy all kinds of shit in bulk, not just guns but silencers and magazines and all kinds of shit.

So remember, when you cry about banning guns, you're putting more guns on the street lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Lol someone said cuck
    well if you prefer lilyshit, i can accommodate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    If someone wanted to kill you, they wouldn't even think about the possibility of you being armed when they could just shoot you dead before you can react.
    and lol....just lol

Again, you're attempting to make this a statement of fact when it's not.
    So what do bullets do after they come out of a gun aside from destroy? that is a fact not sure what other function you think guns have.

Republicans will always block any changes that involve guns including proposing legislation that would let blind people own guns.. The legislation should be changed getting raw reliable data is not a bad thing unless you are the NRA and don't want it to affect gun sales.
    And that's why it is a political issue. If one side is obviously going to block anything that is going to bring some sort of control and the other is pushing for control it becomes a political issue by default. CDC not getting funds to research what it needs to do because of one side makes it a political issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    well if you prefer lilyshit, i can accommodate

- - - Updated - - -

and lol....just lol
    Well what clever insults do you have for yourself?

and lol....just lol
    What's so funny about that? If you don't have your gun aimed at them before they start shooting, to shoot them before they shoot, you're going to get shot. I doubt you're walking around aiming your gun at everyone. Most likely scenario is that you'll be unprepared for it and get shot.