Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    How is throwing less guns at the problem working out?

No, not only the movies. Shooters are stopped quite often by citizens. We literally JUST had that church shooting last year, where a citizen saved the day by having a firearm.

The murder rate only went down for ONE YEAR in Australia. Humans are smart. They will always find a way to murder, despite a law that says they aren't supposed to. Heck, the highest murder areas in the US, are where guns are allowed the least. /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody asked them, or cares. We are talking about Americans, after all. We don't care what you think.
    Of course once confronted by the fact/answer, now all of a sudden you don't care..LOL

BTW how is that murder rate in congress and the white house, you know where no one of the public kind can bring guns into?? At least our kings and princes are protected to the teeth. F our kids right?

Funny how that works huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Seems to be working out very well in Japan as well
    I won't disagree that gun bans make more sense in high density areas. But it's ludicrous to not realize that MOST of the US is rural. It's not even close. And those rural people are not shooting each other. There is just no reason to take their weapons away.

More kids (age 14 and down) die in drunk driving related accidents than school shootings. Lets ban alcohol and vehicles too. Won't somebody think of the children?
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

gun bans
    Why do you keep using that word? You do realize you're the only one? Who else said ban?

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I know. But banging your head against the wall while ignoring advice because of some stubborn sense of nationalism does not make you the smarter person.
    No, but it does make me a relevant factor in the discussion, as I get to actually vote here, etc. Also, the fact that I disagree with you, doesn't make you inherently smarter. You have your way of life; we have ours. Neither of us wants to trade.

Or forcibly dissolve the NRA like any other sensible developed nation would have done 70 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Why do you keep using that word? You do realize you're the only one? Who else said ban?
    I have no idea what you are on about, because you clipped the whole fucking quote. Quote me or don't quote me. I don't need you to be my editor.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course once confronted by the fact/answer, now all of a sudden you don't care..LOL

BTW how is that murder rate in congress and the white house, you know where no one of the public kind can bring guns into?? At least our kings and princes are protected to the teeth. F our kids right?

Funny how that works huh?
    With all due respect, your reading comprehension is lacking this one time, sorry. If you read what you quoted, I didn't say what you are saying. I didn't say I didn't care about the issue, I said I didn't care what foreigners thought about the issue. That's not at all the same thing. Obviously.

If Democrats knew how to operate guns, the murder rate in Congress would have been 4 or 5 last year, thanks to Bernie Bro Terrorism.

You must be HUGELY mistaken here, if you think I am against protecting our kids with guns. That is precisely and exactly what solution I support, and am advocating for in this thread. We protect money, politicians, and celebrities with guns, all of which have little value compared to innocent children.

I won't disagree that gun bans make more sense in high density areas. But it's ludicrous to not realize that MOST of the US is rural. It's not even close. And those rural people are not shooting each other. There is just no reason to take their weapons away.
    hmm sandy hook only had 11k population and is considered Rural in CT.

There has been other examples. Amish school house shooting PA for instance. in the 90's most of the school shootings were rural not in cities or urban centers.
    Also there are many more small victim/death shootings in rural schools/towns that do not get national press because for instance its 1 student killing a principal.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I personally find it objectionable when the government can demand a private individual own any particular private product and not offer a government supplied alternative.

That is to say: if the government requires teachers to carry, it damn well better be covering the costs of training and arming them. You don't see cops being required to buy their own guns. Also: if it is government-funded, the teachers don't get to take the guns home. Turn in your weapon as you leave, pick it up in the morning.

Or ya know, use some of those "smart guns" that require a RFID signal or something in close proximity, ie: the gun doesn't work off school premises.
    The NRA keeps throwing a shrieking fit at the mere mention of smart guns. So, as much chance as for any other gun regulation.

10+ Year Old Account

There has been other examples. Amish school house shooting PA for instance. in the 90's most of the school shootings were rural not in cities or urban centers.
    Also there are many more small victim/death shootings in rural schools/towns that do not get national press because for instance its 1 student killing a principal.
    Relevant:
    http://science.time.com/2013/07/23/i...laces-to-live/

Interesting part:
    The risk of firearm-related death showed no difference across the rural-urban spectrum for the population as a whole
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

You think Connecticut is rural. Ok then, I can see we aren't going to get anywhere. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

So they want to close schools to stop shootings? Sounds like a plan! Keep 'em closed I say, can't have school shootings if there is no schools to shoot in!

With all due respect, your reading comprehension is lacking this one time, sorry. If you read what you quoted, I didn't say what you are saying. I didn't say I didn't care about the issue, I said I didn't care what foreigners thought about the issue. That's not at all the same thing. Obviously.

If Democrats knew how to operate guns, the murder rate in Congress would have been 4 or 5 last year, thanks to Bernie Bro Terrorism.

You must be HUGELY mistaken here, if you think I am against protecting our kids with guns. That is precisely and exactly what solution I support, and am advocating for in this thread. We protect money, politicians, and celebrities with guns, all of which have little value compared to innocent children.

You stated that less guns does not fix the problems.

Then when presented with the countries where less guns have either fixed the problem or have reduced the problems dramatically you discount that fact because they are "foreign" and you don't care what they think and apparently don't care that for some reason they have "worked it out".

The murder rate only went down for ONE YEAR in Australia. Humans are smart. They will always find a way to murder, despite a law that says they aren't supposed to. Heck, the highest murder areas in the US, are where guns are allowed the least. /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody asked them, or cares. We are talking about Americans, after all. We don't care what you think.

Not sure how i misrepresented what you said? So i guess Facts and solutions are only good when they are american?

and really what are you on about? Now you claim democrats would have shot up congress. Man dude really? You do know that many democrat members of congress are gun owners right???

- - - Updated - - -

You think Connecticut is rural. Ok then, I can see we aren't going to get anywhere. Thanks for sharing your ideas.
    So which definition do you want to go off? Please do educate. We can go off the census definiton, the state classfications, the agrigculture definition....and most of them Sandy Hook would either be considered Rural or very close.

https://www.ers.usda.gov/webdocs/Dat...CT.pdf?v=39329

You are talking to someone whom has lived in CT for a very long time, lived in very rural NY, very urban NY, Very Urban NJ, and Rural NJ.

I can say from example and experience many parts of CT is very rural. But thank you for discounting my experience and this countries actual classifications.

70 ish towns are considered rural in CT including most of Litchfield county.

Thank you for your ignorance

If you stop every mass shooting in the US, over 99% of all other murders will remain. If anything, ban the handgun, not the rifle. Obviously.

A mass shooting is really about the same as an average Chicago three day weekend.
    Handguns are an issue too. The ease of getting guns, regardless of type, is the main issue.

How about people recognize that guns are not the problem? If the news reported every time someone with a gun saved someone that would be all the news would be reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    How about people recognize that guns are not the problem? If the news reported every time someone with a gun saved someone that would be all the news would be reporting.
    Because it's exceedingly rare. It largely doesn't help because most people lack the training to handle those types of situations. Even real life simulations that have been done found that the vast majority of the time, the carrying person "dies" before a shot is even fired at the assailant. Other far more likely outcomes were both the assailant and carrying person died, the carrying person froze and hid to survive, or the carrying person fired and "injured" or "killed" collateral targets. Only a few of the tests had the carrying person actually "kill" the assailant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Handguns are an issue too. The ease of getting guns, regardless of type, is the main issue.
    Misuse of them is the issue. But you are correct that handguns account for more shooting death's each year than rifles do. A lot more.

No, not only the movies. Shooters are stopped quite often by citizens. We literally JUST had that church shooting last year, where a citizen saved the day by having a firearm.
    Okay Tijuana, here's the deal. If you can properly explain why the U.S. is the only country to have this issue, even though many do not have guns available to them like us, you win the thread. If you can fully explain, through realistic rational thought, on why we have this issue and no one else does then we'll all accept you as being right. Until then though there is no "obvious solution" because something of this magnitude isn't as easy to solve as "just put more guns out there".

Look, I think we've all seen the opening of Tidus where he says more guns is the answer, but that's a joke, and under the assumption that every single person has a full understanding of guns, how to use them, and can be trusted with them.

It's absurd you think that more guns automatically solve the issue. Hey, this alcoholic is having trouble, we should give him free kegs for life, that should solve it. Seriously, the issue of gun control is such a monstrously large problem that it's not as simple as taking them all or giving more out, there is something clearly wrong with our country that needs to be researched. The fact you think you have it figured out shows just how ignorant you are.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2018-02-17 at 11:37 PM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I have no idea what you are on about
    Yes you do. It was a rhetorical question btw. We know all too well you keep using the term "gun ban" to drive home your strawman even though everyone else is talking about gun regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    Knowing that you won't be here anyways I guess I'm just wasting my time, but my time is worthless.

Okay, why don't you go ahead and compile a list of all of the people with a gun that saved people while counting how many people died in each of these massacres. If there are more stories about someone saving others, that is not law enforcement than shootings like this then you win, but until then put up or shut up.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866