10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    The bottom line here, as everyone knows, deep down inside, is that Trump obviously will not be impeached, or jailed, or any other fantasy of Democrats. You have had almost two years now, of MILLIONS of dollars being spent, to try and pin him with some unknown crime, and nothing has ever come of it. Not one single shred of evidence, implicating Trump, has been found thus far. It's getting to be time to accept the reality that, this douche bag just won. He didn't cheat. People really truly just voted for him because they thought a foul mouthed reality star, with no political experience, was a better candidate than Hillary Clinton. The best candidate the left ever had, as she was called, lost to the biggest asshole to ever run for office. Your best got beat by the worst ever.
    I can accept that Trump won. I can also accept that he's not going anywhere for another couple of years. I don't really think that serious people are actually contemplating that Trump will be tossed out of office as a result of an impeachment. It's possible but it's unlikely.

As to the investigation, I think you are very mistaken here even though it hasn't reached up to Trump as of yet. This is a case that's being built from the ground-up. Round up all the lower end players and the investigation leads ever upwards as indictments, guilty please, etc. begin to pile up. You're trying to pretend that Mueller's investigation (and the others) are all about Trump. They are not. That's why it's important people like Flynn, Papadapoulis and a few others are flipping to save their own skins. The 'millions of dollars' were and are being spent to do more than just go after the President.

One of the most interesting things about the new indictments is that they were framed with respect to election law. What that means in a legal sense is that Mueller can follow that up to include anyone who accepted that help from the Russians. And that's very bad for the Trump campaign with it's already admitted incidents of meetings with Russians and public messaging about getting dirt on the Clintons.

It's clear, even without an indictment or formal charges, that Trump has been engaged in a substantial obstruction of justice. I have no idea if there's enough political will to remove him from office based on that. Typical Republican hypocrisy will likely save him as they couldn't wait to go after a Democrat on the thinnest of rationales but will resist damage to one of their own tribe, at least until it can be shown to be harming their own careers. That may happen! You can continue to dig but in the greater scheme of things this goes on and the chips will fall where they may. It's very likely to be a whole new world for the President and White House after the midterms. Unless of course you're rooting for the voting system to be left undefended and overturned.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I'm sorry but, with all due respect, every one of your posts is just super vitriolic, argumentative, and rude. I'm going to have to stop paying them any attention, if you persist in this manner.

The bottom line here, as everyone knows, deep down inside, is that Trump obviously will not be impeached, or jailed, or any other fantasy of Democrats. You have had almost two years now, of MILLIONS of dollars being spent, to try and pin him with some unknown crime, and nothing has ever come of it. Not one single shred of evidence, implicating Trump, has been found thus far. It's getting to be time to accept the reality that, this douche bag just won. He didn't cheat. People really truly just voted for him because they thought a foul mouthed reality star, with no political experience, was a better candidate than Hillary Clinton. The best candidate the left ever had, as she was called, lost to the biggest asshole to ever run for office. Your best got beat by the worst ever.
    Sure, or they're just blunt and accurate assessments of your constant inability to produce truthful and accurate posts regarding the subjects you attempt to discuss.

The bottom line here is that due to your history on these boards you lack the credibility to make such a declarative statement mean anything. You seem to also lack the understanding that at this point in an investigation, especially one conducted by Mueller, it would be extremely weird and uncharacteristic to have all the evidence that a Special Counsel has. You seem to lack the understanding that absence of evidence is not in and of itself evidence. If you find this to be rude, argumentative, and vitriolic I would suggest that you seek a better understanding of things. What you want is to declare things and have someone agree with you no matter how wrong you are. That's not how this works. If you want that, go attend a Trump rally.

Oh, and once again, Clinton wasn't my candidate. As I stated multiple times she earned my vote because I understood what Trump was before most people. She earned my vote because I happened by an early voting station on my way to get a haircut, and I had to force myself to turn into it because if I didn't, I probably wouldn't have voted. That's how little she inspired me. But I've said this already, repeatedly, and you ignore it because you like to conclude things in the face of information and facts that directly contradict the narratives you spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    you don't indulge in whataboutisms? hahaha grade A comedy.

but "acted like terrorists" is also not the same as flat out throwing out "treason" label. Further more compare the situations, the "freedom" caucus literally holding the government's budget hostage vs not "kissing the ring" during a speech.

- - - Updated - - -

I do love that moving goal post you use.

No one is questioning the electoral collage victory, how ever the money trail leading from Trump's camp to Russia is self evident at this point, was Trump actual hand in the Russian cookie jaw in an illegal manor (we already know he had many! huge! big! financial connections with Russia) that remains to be seen, but the Domino's are crashing and you honestly think its just going to stop half way up the ladder?
    That might be the most untrue thing that has ever been written out in letters. An entire ARMADA of you guys think Trump cheated via Russia, and is not a valid winner. The notion that NOBODY thinks that, is LUDICROUS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I can accept that Trump won. I can also accept that he's not going anywhere for another couple of years. I don't really think that serious people are actually contemplating that Trump will be tossed out of office as a result of an impeachment. It's possible but it's unlikely.

As to the investigation, I think you are very mistaken here even though it hasn't reached up to Trump as of yet. This is a case that's being built from the ground-up. Round up all the lower end players and the investigation leads ever upwards as indictments, guilty please, etc. begin to pile up. You're trying to pretend that Mueller's investigation (and the others) are all about Trump. They are not. That's why it's important people like Flynn, Papadapoulis and a few others are flipping to save their own skins. The 'millions of dollars' were and are being spent to do more than just go after the President.

One of the most interesting things about the new indictments is that they were framed with respect to election law. What that means in a legal sense is that Mueller can follow that up to include anyone who accepted that help from the Russians. And that's very bad for the Trump campaign with it's already admitted incidents of meetings with Russians and public messaging about getting dirt on the Clintons.

It's clear, even without an indictment or formal charges, that Trump has been engaged in a substantial obstruction of justice. I have no idea if there's enough political will to remove him from office based on that. Typical Republican hypocrisy will likely save him as they couldn't wait to go after a Democrat on the thinnest of rationales but will resist damage to one of their own tribe, at least until it can be shown to be harming their own careers. That may happen! You can continue to dig but in the greater scheme of things this goes on and the chips will fall where they may. It's very likely to be a whole new world for the President and White House after the midterms. Unless of course you're rooting for the voting system to be left undefended and overturned.
    Thanks for sharing your views, but I'm not going to engage with a moderator here.

Quote Originally Posted by Theinquisition View Post
    reported for flaming.
    Hey, at leat you didn't issue any death threats or advocate violence this time. One step at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for sharing your views, but I'm not going to engage with a moderator here.
    That is not surprising. But while the post is directed at yourself to some extent, like most of what I write here, it's something that anyone can comment on. Your non-comment comment has been duly noted.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

That is not surprising. But while the post is directed at yourself to some extent, like most of what I write here, it's something that anyone can comment on. Your non-comment comment has been duly noted.
    For what it's worth, I liked your post. But I just can't trust I will be allowed to differ, so I'm just not going to bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reality is, Trump won't be indicted because he can't be indicted. He won't be impeached, because the GOP won't allow it. It's fantasy to think otherwise.
    Hmm, if only there were some sort of elections later on this year?

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Walk yourself through that. Wait for it. Wait for it....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    To be fair there is 0% possibility of the Dems gaining enough seats to single handedly impeach him. It's going to be bipartisan if it comes to that action.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    To be fair there is 0% possibility of the Dems gaining enough seats to single handedly impeach him. It's going to be bipartisan if it comes to that action.
    It should be a bipartisan thing tbh.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    They may get enough in the house. 67 in the Senate to convict and remove? That's really doubtful. Although if the House flips really bigtime--or "bigly" as we apparently say now--there will be Republican Senators that might look at that and be willing to discuss.

It's not something that a lot of people remember now but Clinton's approval ratings went UP during the time of the House impeachment and unsuccessful Senate trial. I could see the same kind of thing happening with Trump. Closing ranks, circling the wagons, all of that.

Impeachment is a political exercise. Personally I think that stuff like this should be settled with elections. Without knowing what the House/Senate look like after the midterms there's no way to really know what is going to happen afterwards. The only sense that I have about any of this is that it will be much more difficult for Trump to pass anything at all after the midterms.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-02-17 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    It would be hard to imagine that there would be a situation where one party would hold the presidency and the opposition party would hold 2/3rds of both the house and the senate.

So yeah, with how our setup is bipartisan agreement, to at least some degree, is needed for removing a sitting president from office.

- - - Updated - - -

They may get enough in the house. 67 in the Senate to convict and remove? That's really doubtful.
    Actually it's mathematically impossible, at least not before the 2020 election in which case Trump may be out of office anyway.

Personally I think that stuff like this should be settled with elections.
    If you are talking about impeachment because a president has just been awful...sure. I agree. But criminal activity? No way, boot him. No real reason to let a criminal stay as president until the next election.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

They may get enough in the house. 67 in the Senate to convict and remove? That's really doubtful. Although if the House flips really bigtime--or "bigly" as we apparently say now--there will be Republican Senators that might look at that and be willing to discuss.

It's not something that a lot of people remember now but Clinton's approval ratings went UP during the time of the House impeachment and unsuccessful Senate trial. I could see the same kind of thing happening with Trump. Closing ranks, circling the wagons, all of that.

Impeachment is a political exercise. Personally I think that stuff like this should be settled with elections. Without knowing what the House/Senate look like after the midterms there's no way to really know what is going to happen afterwards. The only sense that I have about any of this is that it will be much more difficult for Trump to pass anything at all after the midterms.
    Of course, all this ultimately depends on the result of the Mueller investigation. If I were an associate of Trump, be it business, campaign, transition, or the administration, I'd be very concerned that nobody knew a damn thing about 13 indictments being handed out until minutes before they were formally announced. The idea that this somehow bolsters the argument, and that absence of evidence is somehow evidence, is just silly. I've never been one to stick my head in the sand, so it's an odd tactic to me.

It's difficult to see how Trump's approval could increase during any trial. He's already extremely unpopular and polarizing. If we were talking about a perjury charge about an unrelated matter, maybe. However, whatever would come about would most certainly have far more stark implications.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Of course, all this ultimately depends on the result of the Mueller investigation. If I were an associate of Trump, be it business, campaign, transition, or the administration, I'd be very concerned that nobody knew a damn thing about 13 indictments being handed out until minutes before they were formally announced. The idea that this somehow bolsters the argument, and that absence of evidence is somehow evidence, is just silly. I've never been one to stick my head in the sand, so it's an odd tactic to me.

It's difficult to see how Trump's approval could increase during any trial. He's already extremely unpopular and polarizing. If we were talking about a perjury charge about an unrelated matter, maybe. However, whatever would come about would most certainly have far more stark implications.
    I suspect that if Mueller goes after the President for anything he will go after him for some charge that doesn't have anything to do with the election at all. Former mob ties, money laundering, obstruction of justice unrelated to the election, financial fraud, tax evasion or any combination of things like that. I invite you to take a close look at the team that Mueller has assembled for his investigation and how it's weighted toward financial misdealings and fraud. And I suspect that Mr. Mueller will have a wide variety of things to choose from if he is so moved when his investigation is completed. Even more so if he goes after the family: Don Jr., Eric, Ivanka or Jared. I'm not sure I expect Mr. Mueller to come directly at the President. He may or he may go the unindicted co-conspirator route with someone else.

This is why the proposition that this investigation and the money spent on it is all about Donald Trump is something of a distraction and canard. It's about much more than that and is likely to bring down a lot of people close to the President. The collateral effects of that may be enough.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-02-17 at 11:30 PM.

I suspect that if Mueller goes after the President for anything he will go after him for some charge that doesn't have anything to do with the election at all. Former mob ties, money laundering, obstruction of justice unrelated to the election, financial fraud, tax evasion or any combination of things like that. I invite you to take a close look at the team that Mueller has assembled for his investigation and how it's weighted toward financial misdealings and fraud. And I suspect that Mr. Mueller will have a wide variety of things to choose from if he is so moved when his investigation is completed. Even more so if he goes after the family: Don Jr., Eric, Ivanka or Jared. I'm not sure I expect Mr. Mueller to come directly at the President. He may or he may go the unindicted co-conspirator route with someone else.

This is why the proposition that this investigation and the money spent on it is all about Donald Trump is something of a distraction and canard. It's about much more than that and is likely to bring down a lot of people close to the President. The collateral effects of that may be enough.
    Oh, I'm well versed in who is on his team, what they specialize in, and what the most likely charges could be. I"m just unable to make a conclusion at this time. He could avoid going directly after Trump, or he could go right for him. And of course, it could be somewhere in between.

That's why I said if i was associated with him I'd be very worried. There is no hint either way. Mueller is a serious man performing what is most likely the most important investigative job of a generation, let alone his life. In fact, worried isn't the word. I'd be terrified.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Oh, I'm well versed in who is on his team, what they specialize in, and what the most likely charges could be. I"m just unable to make a conclusion at this time. He could avoid going directly after Trump, or he could go right for him. And of course, it could be somewhere in between.

That's why I said if i was associated with him I'd be very worried. There is no hint either way.
    Which is why I think the fate of Kushner is going to be the most important thing and everything seems to be leading up to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

That might be the most untrue thing that has ever been written out in letters. An entire ARMADA of you guys think Trump cheated via Russia, and is not a valid winner. The notion that NOBODY thinks that, is LUDICROUS.

- - - Updated - - -
    I forgot its you, while most people will understand the context of "no one" is anyone with intelligence, authority or influence. It seems it needs to be spelled out for you.

Because the other option included letting a credibly accused rapist back in to the White House. That was remarkably easy.
    How is that different from Trump, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    How are Bill Clinton and trump different?
    Well one actually had us with a surplus and Trump is adding trillions to the deficit every shot he gets. @Tijuana really loves that kind of "winning".

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I thought he was about to go one day without a twitter storm...

Whats up with his lawyers though? Even a public defender will tell you not to go antagonizing the prosecutors, guilty or innocent.
    Because in Trump's world every idea he has is "the best" and he couldn't listen to anyone else even if he was quite literally a living, breathing, walking ear.

By undermining you mean criticizing a press that shows a direct bias against him? You realize that Obama said the same thing about Fox right?
    Said the same things? Oh so he called Fox News "fake news", "corrupt", "filled with liars", and even tried to shut them down? Well those are new to me, perhaps you have evidence of this claim?

Also, sure Trumps comments about applause was distasteful, it's laughable to call it tyrannical.
    President calling people who didn't clap isn't tyrannical? What would it be then?

Likewise. I'm not wrong though. Part of that yearbook was COMICALLY badly forged, and every reasonable person suspected it was forged. The fact that part of, like literally just the signature was real, doesn't change the reality of the situation.
    The reality being he is a pedophile and diddled kids.

Moore didn't win, and I didn't vote for him anyway.
    You would've.

If Mueller had evidence of a crime committed by Trump, I assure you he would not just sit back and let Trump be president while he idly investigates random Russians. Get serious.
    I assure you that Mueller knows what he's doing and building the best case he can against him, if there is any. Believe it or not this isn't an episode of Law & Order, CSI, or Scooby Doo, these things take years. What do you not get about this? You've had this explained to you countless times and you constantly say this. The point is to find as much wrong doing as possible and bring down this crime family, not to unmask that one villain that turns out to be Old Man Smithers.

So, even when I admit I was wrong about your tiny fact, you still post a huge diatribe and argue with me more about it. Take the win, friend. And then move on.
    This is priceless coming from you. The ONE time I agreed with you you did the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Hey, remember that time Joe Biden called Republicans "terrorists" over a debt-limit deal? What about that time Governor Cuomo of New York said that supporting the GOP Tax Plan was "treasonous"? How about that time Cory Booker said releasing the Nunes memo would be treasonous?

I don't usually indulge in whataboutism, but it's worthwhile in this case to highlight that Trump's not alone in using this kind of rhetoric.
    Hey, remember that time just a moment ago where you used whataboutism to make what Trump did seem okay? Believe it or a previous wrong thing doesn't make a later wrong thing okay. This might come as a surprise to you.

Remember that time Jeffery Dalmer killed some people? Well I guess that means I get to go out on a spree myself. Remember that time in Florida a few days ago that someone shot a bunch of kids? I guess that means I can do that same thing because "what about them".

IDK dude, making a headline story about the AUDACITY!! that Trump would dare to eat 2 scoops
    Just like the story about the AUDACITY!! that Obama wanted fancy mustard? Every single 24 hours news channel does this and its stupid for whoever does it.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    If the indictments have nothing to do with Trump then why is spending so much time and energy on Twitter trying to deflect?
    This is the main question that the zealots dodge. They'll never answer it.

I'm sorry but, with all due respect, every one of your posts is just super vitriolic, argumentative, and rude. I'm going to have to stop paying them any attention, if you persist in this manner.
    And yet again with the victim card. You've done this four times today by my count and at least twice yesterday.

The bottom line here, as everyone knows, deep down inside, is that Trump obviously will not be impeached, or jailed, or any other fantasy of Democrats.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *deep breath* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Nothing like a good laugh.

You have had almost two years now, of MILLIONS of dollars being spent, to try and pin him with some unknown crime, and nothing has ever come of it.
    Because multiple indictments and guilty please are "nothing". You constantly say this and it doesn't less false each time you do, in fact it just gets more sad for you.

Not one single shred of evidence, implicating Trump, has been found thus far.
    Then why does he keep trying to stop it at every turn instead of letting it run its course? If he's so innocent he should have no problem talking to Mueller, but you and I both know....okay maybe you don't know....that Trump is a chicken shit pansy that is too afraid of him. Hell, his lawyers won't let him near Mueller because they know he will say something to put him away.

It's getting to be time to accept the reality that, this douche bag just won.
    So you admit he's a douche bag and that you voted for a douche bag. Birds of a feather and all that.

He didn't cheat.
    *snicker* Alright, sure. *snicker* Yeah. Totally.

People really truly just voted for him because they thought a foul mouthed reality star, with no political experience, was a better candidate than Hillary Clinton.
    No, it's because they got conned like fucking idiots thinking that someone with no experience, knowledge, wit, intelligence, general speaking ability, a history of failed businesses, and the inability to speak about the same topic for more than 10 seconds was somehow going to fix things. It's some of the most retarded logic I've ever seen.

The best candidate the left ever had, as she was called, lost to the biggest asshole to ever run for office. Your best got beat by the worst ever.
    We all lost when Trump became president, after all, like you said, he's a douche bag.

That's because he did. He coudln't win without another countries help. He's such a douche bag (your words) that he needed to cheat to do it and have millions conned into thinking he is competent. Hilarious.

For what it's worth, I liked your post. But I just can't trust I will be allowed to differ, so I'm just not going to bother.
    You've activated Tijuana's Victim Card!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    It should but people like @Tijuana, @Ransath, and @lockedout think that it's amazing that Trump tampers with witnesses, pays hush money to a porn star, colludes with foreign nations, and obstructs justice.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Which is why I think the fate of Kushner is going to be the most important thing and everything seems to be leading up to him.
    It will be an interesting time in the White House if Don Jr. and Jared are indicted. I don't think that's out of the question at all and at this point would be surprised if they aren't. Especially Don Jr. Bannon alone probably has enough to bring the both of them down and likely the inclination to do so.

Well to clarify, I never threatened anyone, just said that if NK nuked their house I wouldn't care.
    While I try to remember the few good things you've done like your stance on the gov shutdown durring obama, I and others don't forget shit you also did like saying how you wanted to smash my knuckles in with a Ball-pin hammer.

Don't ever try to hide that you never threaten anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

It will be an interesting time in the White House if Don Jr. and Jared are indicted. I don't think that's out of the question at all and at this point would be surprised if they aren't. Especially Don Jr. Bannon alone probably has enough to bring the both of them down and likely the inclination to do so.
    "Interesting time" would be an understatement. If Dumb-Dumb Junior gets nailed, Dump would be on full uncontrollable assault mode because now we're talking an attack on his family name... oh yeah, and maybe also because he'll then remember he's his son as well. ;P

Kushner? I'm honestly 50/50 on. I think he would be more freaked out for Ivanka's sake than anything Kushner means to him. I still have a half-hearted feeling he set Kushner up to do all that ridiculous shit like "try to bring the mideast together" as an attempt to fail him.