Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Victory or Death.

My theory which is obviously only a theory : Goblins somehow find out that there is huge amount of Azerite under Teldrassil and since goblins and their leader are greedy by nature, They "accidentally" set the whole tree on fire during attempt to capture to make it easier to turn it into Azerite mine later .

Quote Originally Posted by Juuza View Post
    If the act of burning teldrassil to the ground paid for just a single second of the massacre of camp taurajo, my tauren druid would do it. He'd also burn down hyjal just to be sure.
    The ""massacre"" where the Alliance soldiers allowed anyone who didn't want to fight to leave freely, and even Baine felt that the Alliance general had acted honorably?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It's been pretty well understood that, if the Horde is going to not fall apart right at the start of the expansion, that there's more to the whole Teldrassil situation than we currently understand.

The Tauren, Orcs, Trolls, Pandaren, and Blood Elves would NEVER agree to this ahead of time, and if it suddenly happened anyway, they would all turn on Sylvanas immediately. Something else happens to try to frame the Horde. The now-revealed broadcast text supports this theory, with Sylvanas talking of claiming the tree, not burning it down.
    Sylvanas probably just intended to blow up Darnassus and underestimated the power of Azerite.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The war is already on. It started when Genn tried to assassinate Sylvanas in Stormheim, and continued with the Alliance's second act of aggression in killing Goblins in Silithus to steal Horde Property and damage their Mining Equipment.

The attack on Teldrassil is an attempt to create peace by forcing separation of the Horde and Alliance. By capturing the Nelf Stronghold and forcing Tyrande into a conditional surrender, they can push the Alliance out of Kalimdor.

The burning of Teldrassil is going to be a third party's actions. My money is on Azshara.
    The delusion is real.

"W-we may have attacked your country with zero provocation and killed your people, but that doesn't count! I-it only counts when you attack us! Stop being so aggressive!"

"Undead have been through so much hardship! They were forced to kill and eat their loved ones by the scourge! A-also it's okay that Sylvanas forces other people to kill and eat their loved ones because deep down she is a good person! That is why she is killing the Night Elves and laying siege to the home they've had for thousands of years! For Peace! E-even though the Night Elves were already perfectly capable of living peacefully with the Tauren. Stop being so agressive! Let us make Kalimdor as peaceful as Southshore is now!"

Deleted
    Dude you still don't know if horde is gonna burn Teldrassil... Could also be Vereesa who is doing it in order to prevend Sylvanas plans with Teldrassil

It's been pretty well understood that, if the Horde is going to not fall apart right at the start of the expansion, that there's more to the whole Teldrassil situation than we currently understand.

The Tauren, Orcs, Trolls, Pandaren, and Blood Elves would NEVER agree to this ahead of time, and if it suddenly happened anyway, they would all turn on Sylvanas immediately. Something else happens to try to frame the Horde. The now-revealed broadcast text supports this theory, with Sylvanas talking of claiming the tree, not burning it down.
    Claiming the tree would still involve brutally murdering every last man woman and child on the tree. Why is burning it so much worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    Claiming the tree would still involve brutally murdering every last man woman and child on the tree. Why is burning it so much worse?
    It isn't. People just want to pretend that Sylvanas' plan is actually to just go ask the Night Elves nicely to leave, rather than laying siege to the tree.

I'll throw an extra torch just for you OP, and yell out "this one is for Nicola87" as I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by nicola87 View Post
    That's it.

I have read that the horde is going to burn Teldrassil. I m not interested if the Alliance struck first Undercity or attacked in Silithus..if Sylvanas or any goblin fools is going to burn Teldrassil i will not partecipate.

Yes, i prefer to froze my character instead of doing this. War is a thing, mass murdering people or destroy our world is another. I don t know how blizzard would do this but i must admit, for the first time i m reallly worried about where the horde is going... yes Garrosh was also a very grim moment in our history but i hoped that after him the horde would have return to his "way of honor"

Sylvanas as our warchief is ofc a time-bomb...like every forsaken. I know they have suffered a lot and they are fighting constantly for survival but their methods has always been.."extreme" at least..

Really watching how blizzard will manage this..
    Guess you won't play an entire expansion lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Yea, I never understood why people placed blame solely on Garrosh for the actions of the Horde in Mists. There's hundreds, if not thousands, of goblins and orcs that made Garrosh's actions possible (and a select few other NPCs of other races). It's the same thing with Hitler, he wasn't the guy that actually did all the atrocities, the people following him did.
    Named NPCs involved were largely killed leading up to and during the Siege of Orgrimmar. If that's not placing blame on them for their support of Garrosh, I'm not sure what else could be done to drive the point home any further.

Anyways, there's a lot of details we have yet to learn about how Teldrassil's burning goes down.

5+ Year Old Account
    No... It wouldn't. Like... what even the fuck makes you think that?

The first question is: Why would the Nelves fight to the last -child-? Wouldn't they surrender -before- that point?

The second question is: If the Nelves did offer a Surrender, why would the Tauren and Orcs and Trolls at the very -least- refuse to accept it?

The third question is: Even if Sylvanas -did- want every Nelf dead, why the fuck would Baine Bloodhoof go along with the slaughter of babies? Or Saurfang? Or Lor'themar?

Like... honestly, Mayto. I've got no idea why you think capturing it would require genocide. The Night Elves aren't -that- fanatical and neither are the Horde.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

I play Alliance, and I think they will explain this better at launch, and make better sense of it. Even as an Alliance player, I can't see the horde going that batshit crazy to just burn down a world tree.

His answer still holds true, the rest of the Horde would turn on Sylvanas before helping her start a faction war by killing hundreds of innocents.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    No... It wouldn't. Like... what even the fuck makes you think that?

The first question is: Why would the Nelves fight to the last -child-? Wouldn't they surrender -before- that point?

The second question is: If the Nelves did offer a Surrender, why would the Tauren and Orcs and Trolls at the very -least- refuse to accept it?

The third question is: Even if Sylvanas -did- want every Nelf dead, why the fuck would Baine Bloodhoof go along with the slaughter of babies? Or Saurfang? Or Lor'themar?

Like... honestly, Mayto. I've got no idea why you think capturing it would require genocide. The Night Elves aren't -that- fanatical and neither are the Horde.
    Because the Horde has a history of brutally slaughtering civilian populations? Just look what they did to the Silverwind Refuge, Gilneas, Shattrath, or the Theramore prisoners, the civilians who tried to flee from Hillsbrad to Arathi, the civilians of Stormwind who couldn't flee.

Night Elves -might- offer to surrender, but the Forsaken, Orcs, and Trolls aren't the type to take surrenders. The Horde has never occupied Alliance territory without killing every inhabitant they got their hands on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    His answer still holds true, the rest of the Horde would turn on Sylvanas before helping her start a faction war by killing hundreds of innocents.
    Hundreds of thousands.
    Last edited by Khirok; 2018-02-17 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Faction change, we dont need weaklings in the horde! VICTORY OR DEATH!
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    Faction change, we dont need weaklings in the horde! VICTORY OR DEATH!
    I thought you guys changed the motto to "Victory or Run away so we don't die" after the Broken Shore?
    Last edited by Hitei; 2018-02-17 at 10:56 PM.

good lord go outside. what an incredibly terrible thread.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imo Sylvanas should order your character execution due to treachery

Because we're at war? These things happen in war.

Maybe tell your resident werewolf to stop trying to murder our leader, and your lead intelligence officer to stop murdering our workers? Until then we won't feel bad about returning the favor.
    >returning the favor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    Don't worry, after the Horde commits a few atrocities in BfA, they will use Sylvanas as a scapegoat and place all the blame squarely on her, then the Horde will be squeaky clean again!
    you mean like the alliance and their slave nazi camps where orcs had to fight for humans amusement?

Broadcast text suggests she wants to claim both the tree and the city. So no, this is just straight incorrect.
    No it doesn't. Unless you have some hidden second set of broadcast text, she doesn't even mention the city.

Someone asks why she wants to capture Teldrassil and she responds by talking about Azerite changing everything and how she's going to put the sea between the two factions. The Horde also captured Hillsbrad. How'd that work out for Southshore?