Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    "Common sense" this is not.
    We're not surrendering our rights, pal. If you have a better idea that does not infringe on the right to keep and bear arms I'm all ears. Until then this threat will persist.

United Kingdom too... Lol. We really don't need foreigners like you interfering in American domestic debates. We're good friends and all now, but you really have no business discussing this topic. Your opinion is no different than that of a Russian troll.
    Last edited by mmocdf810d1583; 2018-02-17 at 10:59 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    What else do you use guns for besides harm? is there a how to cook with AR-15 video I am missing? Please educate me what other use is there for a gun?
    Actually yes...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojg_def2mzM there are others showing how you can cook bacon too using a AR-15 with a suppressor.

10+ Year Old Account
    What else do you use a gun for besides to harm and destroy? Do you drive your revolver to work? do you use it to cook? open doors?
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...3&&FORM=VDRVRV a .22 rifle designed specifically for the Olympics Biathlon competition.

- - - Updated - - -

So what do bullets do after they come out of a gun aside from destroy? that is a fact not sure what other function you think guns have.
    Travel a high rate of speed for a certain distance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    well since cuck so clearly hits you close to home, I dont really need any more do I
    It was a very clever and well made post. Proving a valuable point. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess we have to agree to disagree let me know how that AR-15 cooking class goes for you.
    Check out the cooking videos on YouTube! using a rifle.

Deleted
    You might start with not taking an outdated document, that itself has had changes made to it since it was created, as some form of gospel and treat it like a religion when your precious, unneeded weapons are threatened.
    I don't see how defending yourself or your liberty is outdated. It is one of the core principles that my country was founded upon. Not only that but it is a natural right of man. I guess that's a huge philosophical difference between our Republic and your Kingdom. America will not forget it's ideals.

And we have changed our constitution, sure. Usually to make this country live up to the ideals established in Declaration of Independence (which was influenced by enlightenment thinkers such as John Locke). Yes, we have our Constitution, but above all the Declaration of Independence is the lens in which it is and should be interpreted through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is your argument that guns were created for sports entertainment? oh yeah bullets aren't meant to do harm at all
    Well, police use and still have rubber bullets. Harm? They sting like hell, so maybe useful to them. But I have no interest in using them. There is also birdshot .22 rounds. Not likely to kill anything but a small bird. But you can do that by throwing a rock at them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Weird, I'v fired about 100k rounds in my life, no injuries, I must be using it wrong?
    Lol! Good point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    well if you prefer lilyshit, i can accommodate

- - - Updated - - -

and lol....just lol
    Soyboy is the best tbh

Deleted
    You poor, delusional creature. "We" are not good friends at all. Based on just the last few posts from you, I'd give you a wide berth. You'd probably shoot me just for looking at you funny. Let's talk when your country has another mass shooting in a couple weeks and mine still hasn't had one, yeah? Cool.
    Oh, you thought I meant you personally. I meant the United Kingdom and the United States of America are good friends. Like our countries are aligned with eachother due to our shared history. I'm not your friend, buddy.
    Last edited by mmocdf810d1583; 2018-02-17 at 11:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    I don't see how defending yourself or your liberty is outdated. It is one of the core principles that my country was founded upon. Not only that but it is a natural right of man. I guess that's a huge philosophical difference between our Republic and your Kingdom. America will not forget it's ideals.

And we have changed our constitution, sure. Usually to make this country live up to the ideals established in Declaration of Independence (which was influenced by enlightenment thinkers such as John Locke). Yes, we have our Constitution, but above all the Declaration of Independence is the lens in which it is and should be interpreted through.
    It's not. Same as any other liberty and freedom we have in the Constitution. But you are going to get some gun and US haters on here no matter what we say. Meanwhile we can both use ours for self defense. Which to some, bugs the shit out of them.

Leftists like to tell us that our thoughts and prayers are meaningless. That we need to take some "common sense action".

Here's the conservative suggestion: Arm the teachers to protect their flock. If the teachers of every classroom were armed and trained with a gun they would not be needing any thoughts or prayers. They would be survivors rather than victims. That is our common sense solution. One that offers an extra layer of security while totally maintaining our liberty.

But Leftists reject that. Leftists don't want common sense solutions for our free society. Leftists want gun control. Leftists want people control.

We're dug in deep and always ready to fight for our liberty. The Right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
    there was a guard and a single point of entry. he also wasn't in class rooms he popped in shot a bunch of people and escaped in the chaos how would teachers having guns do anything?

Self defense: Shooting/Scaring someone that threatens my family, me, or my property. This happens all the time in America. I don't see how this could be incorrect, but kay.

Hunting: Shooting animals for food and/or for fun. Don't really see how this could be incorrect either.

Liberty and Justice for all: Every free and democratic society of today exists due to the use of firearms in armed rebellion. Our country, the United States of America, won it's freedom through the use of firearms in armed rebellion. A disarmed population cannot prevail against an armed tyrannical Government. America's insurance policy is the Second Amendment.

Democrats constantly rally against the surveillance state. They constantly scream and cry about police brutality. They complain about the unfairness of the Justice system. You believe that corporations control everyone in Government... Yet you somehow simultaneously think that Government is full of angels. You think that Government wouldn't strip of your rights in exchange for power if they could. Really the only thing that stands between you and tyranny is an armed population full of potential citizen soldiers.
    Hmm, seems you have yet to figure it out.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Leftists like to tell us that our thoughts and prayers are meaningless. That we need to take some "common sense action".

Here's the conservative suggestion: Arm the teachers to protect their flock. If the teachers of every classroom were armed and trained with a gun they would not be needing any thoughts or prayers. They would be survivors rather than victims. That is our common sense solution. One that offers an extra layer of security while totally maintaining our liberty.

But Leftists reject that. Leftists don't want common sense solutions for our free society. Leftists want gun control. Leftists want people control.

We're dug in deep and always ready to fight for our liberty. The Right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
    >Give teachers guns
    >Students bully teacher and won't stop acting up
    >Teacher shoots student
    >No profit

Rely maks u thunk dunnit

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    there was a guard and a single point of entry. he also wasn't in class rooms he popped in shot a bunch of people and escaped in the chaos how would teachers having guns do anything?
    The teachers could have started shooting out the door wildly and ended up hitting a bunch of other kids. Or are we to believe that these teachers who are working for slightly more than minimum wage and work after-hours are also supposed to be perfect shooters? That's the conservative fantasy, pulling out your pistol and hitting 9 bad guys square, saving the day. In reality, they panic, shoot once before the gun even comes up, hitting the floor, then they fire the rest of the clip rapidly hitting the suspect once on the shoulder.

Deleted
    The people suggesting more guns are so fucking blind. If having more guns was the answer America would already be the safest country in the world.

Collectivism is the only way to challenge this retarded gun nonsense. Every kid and teacher across the country should refuse to go to school until something is done.

But nothing will be, Americans don't care about people being slaugtered.

Deleted
    No, sweetie, I knew what you meant. But thank you for explaining your super undecipherable post for me.
    Of course we're not friends. I don't need nut jobs in my life, thank you. But hey, you have a swell day! Maybe step outside the bunker for a change.
    So you don't think that the United States of America and the United Kingdom have a close friendship and alliance?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ates_relations

I will have a swell day thank you very much! I think it's kinda nutty to depend on emergency services which are minutes away rather than yourself, friendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Well, police use and still have rubber bullets. Harm? They sting like hell, so maybe useful to them. But I have no interest in using them. There is also birdshot .22 rounds. Not likely to kill anything but a small bird. But you can do that by throwing a rock at them.
    Nuclear weapons can be used to create pretty explosions which are great to watch especially on TV see nuclear weapons have other uses and are great for the world /s

- - - Updated - - -

The constitution is what it is for its time let's not glorify it then nothing more than it was which is a document written by men flawed men. We have a rather ugly history thanks to people treating it like it's a religious text, I agree with the right to bear arms but that doesn't mean that I think the constitution and the declaration of independence were perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Why stop there? If you want to be even more vague with your purposes, why didn't you just say "shooting"? That would drop it down to only one purpose.

Or, instead, you could choose to not be disingenuous and just agree that sport shooting, hunting, and self-defense are all separate legal purposes while unjustifiable violence or the threat thereof are illegal purposes.
    Shooting is it's function. That function is used to either hit a Target or cause harm to someone/something, which you are free to break down even further.

Hunting, self-defense, deterrent, fighting, assassination, etc. are all achieved with the concept of harming the target. That's the common denominator between these "several" purposes of a firearm.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    >Give teachers guns
    >Students bully teacher and won't stop acting up
    >Teacher shoots student
    >No profit

Rely maks u thunk dunnit
    If a teacher really wanted to shoot a student they would not need to legally obtain concealed carry before doing so. Shooting a student is a crime in this country, one called murder or attempted murder. A teacher that felt like committing murder probably wouldn't care that his school is a "gun free zone". This rebuttal to your argument really didn't take much thought at all.

I never had a teacher that felt the need to shoot a student, or physical harm a student, they punish the student through legal means.

15+ Year Old Account
    If a teacher really wanted to shoot a student they would not need to legally obtain concealed carry before doing so. Shooting a student is a crime in this country, one called murder or attempted murder. A teacher that felt like committing murder probably wouldn't care that his school is a "gun free zone". This rebuttal to your argument really didn't take much thought at all.

I never had a teacher that felt the need to shoot a student, or physical harm a student, they punish the student through legal means.
    You realize that hasn't happened because we haven't given teachers guns? Imagine that. Also plenty of videos of teachers harming kids.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    This is as far as you got before you turned your argument into a strawman. No one can determine how many deadly outcomes would have been averted. No one can determine how many were possible due to lax gun laws.

For actual statistics, I took this info from http://www.creditdonkey.com/home-inv...tatistics.html

How many home invasions were stopped by guns?
    The government doesn't put a lot of emphasis on defensive gun use. Estimates show that 500,000 to 3 million defensive gun uses occur each year.

How many times do victims use a gun to scare their offender?
    A shocking 2.5 million victims use a gun to scare their offender. That's almost 5 law-abiding citizens a minute. However, victims only shoot their offender 8% of the time. They mostly use the firearm to scare their offender away.

You can take this information and give it whatever spin you want, your opinions don't matter, only facts do.
    You are aware that this statistic is beyond biased and even the author denied it to be credible at one point. There are several issues with these statements that affect credibility:
    1. This statistic is what is claimed by NRA, an interested party.
    2. NRA actually bans any research into gun violence on a federal level. They did manage to pass a bill that prohibits any such research and any attempts to reverse it are quickly extinguished by lobbyists.

3. In case you are interested in how did the NRA manage to get 2.5mil defensive gun uses - a pseudo scientist working for them made a 1500 people telephone survey. Can not remember the name, Kleck something, but I am sure you can google this research. He then multiplied the number to make it as if representing all US population. Why pseudo science? Because of the following, actually real example of how these surveys are easily manipulated:
    HEMENWAY CRITICISM OF KLECK

“Since a small percentage of people may report virtually anything on a telephone survey, there are serious risks of overestimation in using such surveys to measure rare events. The problem becomes particularly severe when the issue has even a remote possibility of positive social desirability response bias.

Consider the responses to a national random-digit-dial telephone survey of over 1,500 adults conducted in May 1994 by ABC News and the Washington Post. One question asked: "Have you yourself ever seen anything that you believe was a spacecraft from another planet?" 10% of respondents answered in the affirmative. These 150 individuals were then asked, "Have you personally ever been in contact with aliens from another planet or not?" and 6% answered "Yes."

By extrapolating to the national population, we might conclude that almost 20 million Americans have seen spacecraft from another planet, and over a million have been in personal contact with aliens from other planets. That more than a million Americans had contact with aliens would be incredible news—but not the kind actively publicized by reputable scientists. Yet the ABC News/Washington Post data on aliens are as good as or better than that from any of the thirteen surveys cited by K-G as supporting their conclusions about self-defense gun use.”
    Also, Kleck's survey was clearly rigged towards increasing numbers, because he only counted male respondents, guns used against animals in any way, uses by police. Also, all information was recorded as it was given. However:
    "some of what respondents designate[d] as their own self-defense would be construed as aggression by others" (Understanding and Preventing Violence, 266, Albert J. Reiss, Jr. & Jeffrey A. Roth, eds., 1992).
    4. Actual "defensive" gun uses in the US were only 67740 in 2012, according to the federal Bureau of Justice Statistics' National Crime Victimization Survey. Note quotes that I use in "defensive", because it includes all cases that are claimed so by the user. For example, one case involved a "defensive" use of a shotgun by an elderly man, because his neighbors were too loud.
    5. During the same year, only 259 justifiable homicides were registered. The rest, including most of the "defensive" gun uses were clearly breaking the law, according to Violence Policy Center analysis of federal reports.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2018-02-18 at 12:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Shooting is it's function. That function is used to either hit a Target or cause harm to someone/something, which you are free to break down even further.

Hunting, self-defense, deterrent, fighting, assassination, etc. are all achieved with the concept of harming the target. That's the common denominator between these "several" purposes of a firearm.
    So your argument is that guns are bad because they might do harm... Good argument. Guess we should ban all guns and live in harmony for all eternity. Yay! All problems are solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You realize that hasn't happened because we haven't given teachers guns? Imagine that. Also plenty of videos of teachers harming kids.
    Are you arguing that teachers do not have access to guns in America? Is there a law I don't know about? If a teacher wanted to a shoot a student they could do it. Teachers can currently, though illegally, bring guns on school. I doubt they would care about the illegality of bringing a gun on school if they wished to commit homicide which is also illegal. With your logic there shouldn't ever be any mass shootings at schools due to the fact that schools are "gun free zones". It doesn't happen because teachers don't want to shoot their students.
    Last edited by mmocdf810d1583; 2018-02-17 at 11:52 PM.