Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    No, female voice has no deep, it is not creep, its just "meeh", like Xal'atath voice is a joke compared to Xal'atoth

they should just use this voice, whow as datamined some time ago for n'zoth

Give it a female personality, let it keep this voice.... 10/10 Would pray to this god again :P

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    C'thun spoke in a weak whisper, and he had the best voice of any Old God. As for Sara's voice? Most of the time, Yogg is using that as a harsh yell. Only when he's revealing himself does the voice have the eerie calm tone.
    He was full of mystery and weirdness, and was the earliest use of an Old God, since then all the Old Gods are much more monstrous sounding full of nightmare sounds. And Yogg has a soft voice just like C'thun's where he talks about "you" and your friends and stuff aswell. C'thun just lacks the monstrous part.

Sara not only has a female voice, but is a female. Yogg is using femininity to trick us and he chose a female Vrykul, but when she turns to Yogg, her voice is again very soft and slowly turns into Yogg's monstrous yelling voice as it's revealed you were tricked. She also cries for you to help her. How different would this have been if Yogg used a male?

He clearly used it to trick you. This is how the Old Gods, especially Yogg views how to manipulate others. This also proves that the voice they use is of their choosing.

If anything N'Zoth shouldn't even attempt to sound like anything that even remotely resembles a human voice. He is on the cusp of victor and is the last Old God standing. He should drop the manipulative facade and bring the full terror of the Void into Azeroth. Let his minions do the talking for him, hearing N'Zoth should be enough to instantly break your mind. More shur'nab and less "blah blah".

P.S Cho'gall quite explicitly referred to N'Zoth as a he during Cataclysm.

Primary voice female. It's not complicated.
    Voice isn't the same as personality. The OP made some distinction between them.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    He clearly used it to trick you. This is how the Old Gods, especially Yogg views how to manipulate others. This also proves that the voice they use is of their choosing.
    No one is arguing that they choose their voice. But that also means it amounts to personal tastes of the God in question. You're arguing they should all have the same mannerisms, when I believe C'thun did quite well by having his own unique manner of speech. It's proper and eerie.

I believe Old Gods should have notably distinct personalities. It's more interesting that way, instead of them all being interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Voice isn't the same as personality. The OP made some distinction between them.
    A female voice would naturally work better with more feminine mannerisms or titles.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

either this, or something even more... idk how to describe it really. twisting sounding? basically, if you see a writhing and twisting black mass of void, i want that made into a voice.

Just hire Mike Patton.

And yes, other than background noises there is barely any voice modulation.

Thanks. I've got a passing interest in the archetype. Plus, I like how cute her babies all are. So I'm hoping it's a "she" in attitude.

Such wondrous lil guys. Adorable

Beautiful.
    I think that old ONE is a male because like all old ones creatures get created from them flesh
    like the nameks and frieza race from dbz
    or how Eve was created from Adams Rib in Islam
    etc...

Deleted
    I feel like people are over analyzing this whole topic. I agree that Old Gods should not have genders, because they should be beyond that. Not because we as "Humans" cant attribute it to them, but because old gods are meant to be the most horrific beings in the universe, and essentially can manifest however they want, as "monsters from our nightmares", I mean hell, if youre afraid of chickens, expect to have a chicken with a billion mouths whisper to you in a cluck cluck clucking manner.

And sure, a female voice could be extremely eerie, but unless were talking about the Amazons, in pop culture there are very few women that can identify with violence and anger.

Tldr: Old Gods don't care they manifest as horrors, if you're afraid of something, you better believe thats what they'll manifest as (or on the flip side, try to seduce you through something you love and manipulate you.)

Quote Originally Posted by Iaminflames View Post
    And sure, a female voice could be extremely eerie, but unless were talking about the Amazons, in pop culture there are very few women that can identify with violence and anger.
    Why does it need to be violent or angry? Everyone here talks a good game about how inhuman they are, but the only Old God who sold that was C'thun. Who did it through non-emotive statements. No violence. No anger.

Deleted
    Why does it need to be violent or angry? Everyone here talks a good game about how inhuman they are, but the only Old God who sold that was C'thun. Who did it through non-emotive statements. No violence. No anger.
    It dosent need to be, however male voices associated with, death, destruction, chaos, havoc (which tend to be the things that Old Gods aim for). Whilest a female voice expresses other emotions and is associated with different emotions ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Iaminflames View Post
    It dosent need to be, however male voices associated with, death, destruction, chaos, havoc (which tend to be the things that Old Gods aim for). Whilest a female voice expresses other emotions and is associated with different emotions ^^
    Oh come on, there have been plenty of female characters associated with all of those things since the dawn of man. And I mean that. Plenty of old war gods were female, plenty of death gods are female. In Aztec beliefs, the goddesses of the stars and moon were the ones trying to destroy the sun. Hell, the Greek Goddess of Strife, Eris, is quite a well known Goddess who represents all those things. A female voice may come with the connotation of being indirect and manipulative, but Old Gods are portrayed as corruptors anyhow.

There is no reason not to use a female voice for death, destruction, chaos, and havoc. People have always done that.

Aren't Goddesses great?
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2018-02-17 at 11:01 PM.

Deleted
    Oh come on, there have been plenty of female characters associated with all of those things since the dawn of man. And I mean that. Plenty of old war gods were female, plenty of death gods are female. In Aztec beliefs, the goddesses of the stars and moon were the ones trying to destroy the sun. Hell, the Greek Goddess of Strife, Eris, is quite a well known Goddess who represents all those things. A female voice may come with the connotation of being indirect and manipulative, but Old Gods are portrayed as corruptors anyhow.

There is no reason not to use a female voice for death, destruction, chaos, and havoc. People have always done that.

Aren't Goddesses great?
    Alright, color me wrong. The more you know. I'm still sticking to my point about the manifestations and the chickens.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    One would think one of the Old Gods would have a female personality/voice as Xal'atath does. Do you think N'zoth or G'huun would have a female personality?
    since when do Old Gods have genders?

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have there been any void creatures voiced by women (Excluding Xal'atath)?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

what exactly does male/female mean for a being with dozens of eyes and tentacles? does that thing really fall under social norms of masculine/feminine behaviour?

the answer is no, it should have a C'thulu, insane space octopus personality

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    since when do Old Gods have genders?
    Did they say gender in their post?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Have there been any void creatures voiced by women (Excluding Xal'atath)?
    How many voiced Void creatures are there? Void Gods and Void Naaru were often "female", I believe. Unfortunately, they were also unvoiced. And "female" as much as a windchime would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    what exactly does male/female mean for a being with dozens of eyes and tentacles? does that thing really fall under social norms of masculine/feminine behaviour?

the answer is no, it should have a C'thulu, insane space octopus personality
    That's a shallow representation of the Cthulhu mythos, if we even bother to call it that. That setting has its very own fertility goddess, which is technically an asexual abomination, but treated as a goddess nonetheless. These Old Gods are speaking into out minds in language we understand, so they may have preferences for how they're perceived. Like Xal'atath does. Do you think Xal'atath has sexual organs? Do you think the Light Mother has them either?

And do we really want to hear N'zoth just Shul'wa n'gthala maldurak n'thos-ing it up in gibberish formed by slamming a keyboard until something vaguely pronounceable is formed? I mean, that's cool and all, but sometimes you want to understand the whispers.

Though really, it's G'huun I want to see with a feminine voice. The Blood God angle could work perfectly as a Life/fertility goddess.

Also, considering we're probably getting two Old Gods in this expansion, I think it's best to give them distinctive voices from one another. I'm hoping N'zoth takes the High Priest of the Void Lords role, and is more of a lecturer and preacher who uses his interpretation of the necessity of the Void to justify his actions and sway worshipers.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2018-02-18 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    One would think one of the Old Gods would have a female personality/voice as Xal'atath does. Do you think N'zoth or G'huun would have a female personality?
    As many others have said, I don't think any of the Old Gods have sex/gender since they are chaotic void corruption beings. However, I do value the argument that G'huun or N'Zoth should have a female voice, only for the sake of fairness? Because if we are all arguing that the Old Gods are beyond gender... then why are we exclusively using male voices to portray them? You could just as easily get a female voice all demonic and weird like you can get males voices.

Just a thought.

7+ Year Old Account
    Female personality or just feminine voice?

The Old Gods are aberrations referred to as "it" instead of "he" or "she." Also their voices have always been masculine sounding. I wouldn't mind N'Zoth having a more female sounding voice, but this expansion is already heavy and pushy on the strong female leads. Feminism agenda in full effect!

Nothing bad with that, I mean. Don't get me wrong. It doesn't seem forced but you can definitely see the angle Blizzard is going with.

So let's say N'Zoth ends up having a creepy, devious voice like the Old Gods typically have... but it sounds like Xal'atath. That would be pretty cool!

not really we already have heard his voice and is male

As I've said before, G'huun seems to be based a little on Shub-Niggurath. A feminine voice would be suitable.