10+ Year Old Account

The lack of new stuff while progressing: a possible solution

So, we've all noticed that leveling doesn't always reward us as we progress. This especially becomes a problem when we get into BfA at 120. When our new talent trees were introduced, they had been using 90 as a cap with a new talent tier every 15 levels. Problem being that now that we are back on the 10 level system, it makes the whole thing a little janky.

So, my solution? Revamp the talent system just a little bit by giving us a choice every 10 levels, starting at 10. So we get our three choices at 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, and 120. It would also allow blizzard the opportunity to add back in some previous abilities that had been cut or lost just due to space constraints.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    looks amazing to me, we need more diversity.. a bit of squish is ok but this is too much

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go so far as to mock one up on my own but I dont think id be able to do it coherently

5+ Year Old Account
    That would be one way to do it, sure.

Personally I'm hoping we get our Azerite Gear in stages of the War Campaign.

So when we hit 102, 104, and 106, for example, we get quests to do the War Campaign on the other faction. Do your small questline and get the Azerite Gear with at least one Tier of traits unlocked as a Talent Stand-In mechanic.

Later, we can replace the Azerite Gear with Azerite Gear options at higher levels, of course, but by making it pop up every 2-3 levels they'd give us a nice feeling of leveling progression, I think.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

If they did something similar to Legion, where they gave you an 800 ilvls item at the end of each zone story, but instead they give you an Azerite Armor with enough Azerite to at least get the first "talent" it should work. There are 3 zones after all. Also remember that each item will give 4 or 5 of those talents so at the end with full armors unlocked we should have 12-15 new talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a little too many talents. As much as I'd love that, I don't see Blizzard being able to deliver that. I say they take the 100 talent and make it 105, and make a new talent tier for 120. That way the progression spreads better

Deleted
    Wait... are there no new talents on lvl 120? That makes it almost no progression from lvl 101 to 120... how is that supposed to be interesting?

Blizzard needs to be less afraid of adding a new row of talents. The 120 row could have things like the artifact abilities and many of the artifact passives should be made into passives you get at various levels.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2018-02-17 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Blizzard needs to be less afraid of adding a new row of talents. The 120 row could have things like the artifact abilities and many of the artifact passives should be made into passives you get at various levels.
    So they can do another prune after WoD? Nah, i'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    That's a little too many talents. As much as I'd love that, I don't see Blizzard being able to deliver that. I say they take the 100 talent and make it 105, and make a new talent tier for 120. That way the progression spreads better

If we go through by this image we will have per Azerite armor 3 choice talents and the center one(4th). Blizzard already said we would have 3 of those (chest, shoulder and helmet iirc) so a full leveled Azerite system will give the player 12 additional "talents" or traits to work with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PointerToAddress View Post

If we go through by this image we will have per Azerite armor 3 choice talents and the center one(4th). Blizzard already said we would have 3 of those (chest, shoulder and helmet iirc) so a full leveled Azerite system will give the player 12 additional "talents" or traits to work with.
    Tbh I don't want this. I want a real talent. Not more crap that we are going to get rid of next expansion. If they want to rework the talent system so bad, they should just do it.