Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delana View Post
    Some actually produce things. Some literally just collect a check. If you don't like the word "dependent", use whatever word you like to distinguish the too. UBI encourages more of the latter.
    I don't see a distinction since it's largely one built off the cult of wealth worship.

So if you and the rest of the world want our country, can we have yours? I don't resent the fact that people want to come, it's a little flattering really.
    Point in fact, I was also highly critical of Australia's immigration policies.

I know you said earlier that nobody should be concerned about the browning of America, but the story would be different if it was the bleaching of Africa, or India. I profoundly resent the fact that nobody seems to give one single fuck, when it would be completely different if it was the other way around.
    It really wouldn't. I'm not a racist, you see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Some actually produce things. Some literally just collect a check. If you don't like the word "dependent", use whatever word you like to distinguish the too. UBI encourages more of the latter.

So if you and the rest of the world want our country, can we have yours? I don't resent the fact that people want to come, it's a little flattering really.

I know you said earlier that nobody should be concerned about the browning of America, but the story would be different if it was the bleaching of Africa, or India. I profoundly resent the fact that nobody seems to give one single fuck, when it would be completely different if it was the other way around.
    Technically America was brown to start, so guess it's just reverting back lol

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I don't see a distinction since it's largely one built off the cult of wealth worship.

The entire justification for immigration that you used earlier was related to economic health. You are literally arguing to destroy and dilute the cultures and societies of the west in pursuit of the almighty dollar. And I'm the one whose ideology is built off of a cult of wealth worship?

I can't quite figure out what you value. Makes for a strange discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    Do you realize that more people in the United States die from prescription drugs then from illegal narcotics? The problem isn't Mexico, we are the problem. We consume 75% of the worlds prescription drugs....

If we legalize narcotics we only have to worry about the overdoses, which are going to happen regardless because of abuse of prescription drugs.
    Yeah but big pharm gives money to political parties. Mostly Republican. So It's ok to look the other way with that. Illegal drugs sends money to brown people sometimes. Which apparently is a problem to Republicans.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are literally arguing to destroy and dilute the cultures and societies of the west
    And here you've exposed yourself with that little "destroy and diluting culture" line.

Immigration doesn't do this, get over yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The entire justification for immigration that you used earlier was related to economic health. You are literally arguing to destroy and dilute the cultures and societies of the west in pursuit of the almighty dollar. And I'm the one whose ideology is built off of a cult of wealth worship?

I can't quite figure out what you value. Makes for a strange discussion.
    The US is built from the mixing of different cultures. If anything diversity is a large part of our culture.
    Last edited by Hilhen7; 2018-02-16 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    You know it might be worth it because all of the lives lost due to drugs is heartbreaking at this point.
    Purposefully sending a country into poverty and having crimelords take it over would be worth it? A lot of people would die that way, too, but many to drugs. Would those deaths not be heartbreaking?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Purposefully sending a country into poverty and having crimelords take it over would be worth it? A lot of people would die that way, too, but many to drugs. Would those deaths not be heartbreaking?
    Death in general is heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    The US is built from the mixing of different cultures. If anything diversity is a large part of our culture.
    There's a difference between the melting pot that once was America and the cultural nihilism that's taking hold now. A country that once believed in liberty or death is freaking out because of school shootings, which are less dangerous than bathtubs. Within the last year people have seriously discussed repealing not just the second, but the first amendment as well. We no longer even share a common language with all of our countrymen, and nobody thinks this is a problem. The country that beat the communists just had Bernie Sanders come within a hairs breadth of the Presidency.

If you think this has nothing to do with the immigration act of 1965, you're deluding yourself.

I just look at what happened to Sweden and Germany, and I see trouble coming. if we allow millions of immigrants to come in without any limits we'll have plenty of problems. Ghettos and no-go sections where parts of cities aren't safe. I really like this bill, having a high school education isn't a difficult requirement and it should be required for all Americans, even ones in the south. This bill is quite fair, and although a wall wouldn't do a lot of good it is something. It'd be better to tax the shit out of any company that hires illegals, but if that's not an option then we need to go with something else.

There's a difference between the melting pot that once was America and the cultural nihilism that's taking hold now. A country that once believed in liberty or death is freaking out because of school shootings, which are less dangerous than bathtubs. Within the last year people have seriously discussed repealing not just the second, but the first amendment as well. We no longer even share a common language with all of our countrymen, and nobody thinks this is a problem. The country that beat the communists just had Bernie Sanders come within a hairs breadth of the Presidency.

If you think this has nothing to do with the immigration act of 1965, you're deluding yourself.
    There isn't ANYONE, in any position of power, that is asking for the repeal of the 2nd amendment. But we do have the President that is asking to repeal the first. Simply because he is getting so much negative press because he is such a shit candidate. That is, unless you can show me ANYWHERE, where anyone in any position of power, is asking for the 2nd amendment to be repealed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    I just look at what happened to Sweden and Germany, and I see trouble coming. if we allow millions of immigrants to come in without any limits we'll have plenty of problems. Ghettos and no-go sections where parts of cities aren't safe. I really like this bill, having a high school education isn't a difficult requirement and it should be required for all Americans, even ones in the south. This bill is quite fair, and although a wall wouldn't do a lot of good it is something. It'd be better to tax the shit out of any company that hires illegals, but if that's not an option then we need to go with something else.
    That is because you are fucking delusional.

Yeah, why don't you look at what happened to Sweden and Germany? As in, don't look at what anti-immigrant people tell you is happening there. As a German, it is really annoying when people use that fake image of your country for their own rhetoric. I have yet to see any actual evidence that migrants achieved any of that or even tried to. Any seedy areas Germans avoid in cities like Berlin were already seedy to begin with and did not need any migrants; those are the kinds of areas that exist in any major city.

Let me put this simply: You fell for propaganda. A lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    There isn't ANYONE, in any position of power, that is asking for the repeal of the 2nd amendment. But we do have the President that is asking to repeal the first. Simply because he is getting so much negative press because he is such a shit candidate. That is, unless you can show me ANYWHERE, where anyone in any position of power, is asking for the 2nd amendment to be repealed.
    No their not, because they know that repealing the second amendment through the amendment process is an impossibility. What they are attempting is to arbitrarily limit one's rights without due process. Last time I checked, it's not a crime to have a mental disorder in this country, yet there's a whole boatload of people arguing against their rights.

I heard 5 people at lunch yesterday discussing banning ammunition. I know this has been a consistent tactic for a little while now. It's these sort of cheap tactics that sow the distrust and tension into the discussion.

No their not, because they know that repealing the second amendment through the amendment process is an impossibility. What they are attempting is to arbitrarily limit one's rights without due process. Last time I checked, it's not a crime to have a mental disorder in this country, yet there's a whole boatload of people arguing against their rights.

I heard 5 people at lunch yesterday discussing banning ammunition. I know this has been a consistent tactic for a little while now. It's these sort of cheap tactics that sow the distrust and tension into the discussion.
    So, you think a schizophrenic person should have the ability, at any time, to have a gun, that he could snap at any time to kill people? Sorry, but that should be illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    So, you think a schizophrenic person should have the ability, at any time, to have a gun, that he could snap at any time to kill people? Sorry, but that should be illegal.
    So you think schizophrenic people shouldn't have rights? Who decides who is "mentally ill".

So you think schizophrenic people shouldn't have rights? Who decides who is "mentally ill".
    All rights, including owning guns, have limitations. That is why you can't go out and buy a minigun, or a nuke. And professional psychologists are the ones who decide.

They need to be assessed?

Schizophrenic people have episodes where they are completely detached from reality, they might suddenly think their kid is a zombie dragon about to bite their head off. Do you think it's a good idea for them to have guns?

- - - Updated - - -

I just look at what happened to Sweden and Germany, and I see trouble coming. if we allow millions of immigrants to come in without any limits we'll have plenty of problems. Ghettos and no-go sections where parts of cities aren't safe.
    Good thing the US doesn't have ghettos or high crime areas kek. It definitely doesn't have more than quadruple the homicide rate of Germany or Sweden.

P.S. Define what exactly a "no go zone" is and prove that they exist in Germany.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Let me put this simply: You fell for propaganda. A lot of it.
    Is it propaganda when the ruling parties finance minister admits they fucked up? https://voiceofeurope.com/2017/12/sw...many-refugees/
    This is more about refugees, but it can also apply to migrants as well.
    When you admit millions of migrants, you need to be able to think rationally where you are going to place them, since deporting them is not an option. Once they are here, they aren't going away.
    Swedish politicians should be working for their Swedish citizens, you know, the ones who elected them? The migrants did not vote them in. Instead you have a country that ruled based on feelings instead of logic.

As for the No-go zones. Try filming them and you'll get yourself killed. Migrants will beat the shit out of you any time they see a camera,

This video is kinda old but its still relevant.
    The author of this video lives in Sweden and talks about the issues in Sweden and they haven't gotten any better.

Is it propaganda when the ruling parties finance minister admits they fucked up? https://voiceofeurope.com/2017/12/sw...many-refugees/
    This is more about refugees, but it can also apply to migrants as well.
    When you admit millions of migrants, you need to be able to think rationally where you are going to place them, since deporting them is not an option. Once they are here, they aren't going away.
    Swedish politicians should be working for their Swedish citizens, you know, the ones who elected them? The migrants did not vote them in. Instead you have a country that ruled based on feelings instead of logic.

As for the No-go zones. Try filming them and you'll get yourself killed. Migrants will beat the shit out of you any time they see a camera,

This video is kinda old but its still relevant.
    The author of this video lives in Sweden and talks about the issues in Sweden and they haven't gotten any better.
    I love how you complain about 'feelings instead of logic', when you still have not backed up your claims about my country, but just 'feel' that it has to be bad here.