Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler: 
    Just finished the part where Rean escapes from the Pantagruel airship. Damn I must say that part of the game so far is the best and my favorite so far. I loved it because one by one you have to talk to all of the big guys/girls and to know their reasons behind the war and get inside their heads and their point of view toward the war overall. I enjoyed the conversation with Bleublanc talking about his stories and experience of Liberl and the Liberl ark.

My favorite part of all of that! will be the ending when all of the gang was so ready to fighting each other. Damn so many strong characters all in one place was kinda overwhelming with excitement. And Prince Oliviert with his jokes about beauty while talking to Bleublanc kinda like the reminiscing of Oliviert personality in Trails of Sky. He was even carrying his signature weapon the gun.

I laughed so hard when Oliviert and the rest of the characters decided to do a party instead of fighting and Xeno said ok I will bring the booze then haha.

The only negative part imo Rean being able to easily control his transformation. I think the build up for that moment is kinda silly tbh.
    They should have made it a true struggle to control and maintain that form the entire game or even in CSI not just a few sweet talks from Alfin then "yay I can control this power now easily".
    Last edited by Velshin; 2018-02-17 at 05:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    As for the original question, it is possible that Trails of Cold Steel 3 could release any time from later this year to 2020.
    Thanks for the detailed reply. And I highly agree, XSEED has such a good track record, NISA is not even in the same league. I rather wait until 2020 and get a fine XSEED high quality Localization.

There is no shortage of good games coming out (and my backlog ^_^), no harm in waiting. Having said that, I really look forward to III and IV. Want to know how the whole Saga is coming to closing, and giving us players some good closure. And enjoy the ride through both games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah CSII pacing is million times better than the first CSI but it's understandable because the first one is just an intro. I can imagine that CSIII and IV will be even better.

Rest of 12/8

Spoiler: 
    "These aren't the droid you're looking for" LOL

I'm not shoveling out 50k in Mira for a single Evergreen, when I need the two to pull off a dodge tank build. Guess I'll have to wait until I reach a city that doesn't have a ton of taxes imposed on it.

Ah, okay. Norton's decided to stay at the IC under the NA to try to continue reporting to the best of his ability.

LOL! We were looking for an elderly woman's missing cat, when Celine started giving her advice. The woman thinks she's going senile.

I just realized how weird it is that we are barging into the homes of nobles and can get away with. It's also been sort of a gameplay over story thing in RPGs, but the ludonarrative dissonance is especially strong here since the NA is actively looking down upon commoners.

Just because Jusis is helping out at home doesn't mean that he supports the NA guys.

You guys know how to contact him: ask Jusis' uncle to inform Jusis that your here, and he'll come speak with you! You can arrange a meet up at the resturant.

Nevermind; looks like Jusis has his men on the lookout and got down to business ASAP.

Seriously guys, you know who it is.

Wow, the airport looks pretty nice, being set in the middle of a park like area. I wonder what the other air ports look like.

My God Jusis, just go with him!

Hey McBurn, it's been a while! Can't wait to see his demon form in 3D!

"Unlikely event that you defeat me" Jusis hasn't been paying attention to Rean's ability I take it.

I know this area like the back of my hand too Jusis; I've played CS1 four times over!

Well that was quick; motivate -> motivate -> Azure Flame Slash

Hey Penny.

I DEFEATED DUVALIE. I WILL DEFEAT YOU MCBURN!

After an hour of trying in vain, it has become apparent that this is yet another unwinnable fight. I find it quite frustrating and disappointing. Trails in the Sky allowed you to at least win against Loewe in FC, but every fight in CS so far has had only one outcome.

LOLOL you missed Milly!

That is so on the nose, that whoever you picked would arrive a couple seconds later.

Toval is best bro confirmed.

Taking a break before I return.

@Velshin , I have no idea how you are able to breeze through the game that quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

12/13 to intermission

Spoiler: 
    12/13

The Schwarzers are awfully calm considering that their biological daughter is missing. Either the writers forgot, the Schwarzers simply accept things as they are and will wait.

Wow, Rean and Alisa had met eight years earlier.

Please tell me Zeo can talk, otherwise I'm just going to call him discount Scree.

Yes, Gaius can summon Zeo!

Only took 130 hours for Sara to make good on her promise of giving Rean a beer some day.

I wonder if Ein and Sara knew each other when they were Jaegers in North Ambria.

Okay, RIP Ymir

Oooo you're right Sharon. Lemme guess: because they know help is coming and want to take us out before it arrives! VICTOR, MUELLER, AND OLIVIER ARE ON THE WAY!!!

Shut up Crow.

Lol, 2D Cayenne. At least he's actually likeable and interesting as opposed to the vast majority of the Cold Steel antagonists.

*sigh*

Alright, I'm getting sick of this. RANT INCOMING

Spoiler: 
    I am getting sick and tired of the good guys getting shat on and losing. every. single. battle. When we do win, it's only hollow, meaningless victories; the baddies get away, or we run with our tail between our legs.

- We caught the fake park rangers, but they were bailed out by the Provincial Army. The RMP had to save the day.
    - We escaped with Machias, but were stil lcaught by the Provincial Army. Rufus and Sara had to order our release.
    - We caught the Jaegers who mortared the tower, but one of them was eaten, their boss fled, and the Jaegers knew nothing about their employers.
    - We saved Princess Alfin and Elise... only for it to turn out that they were never in any real danger anyways. The ILF leaders could've killed us on the spot, and we were forced to flee.
    - We managed to stop the trade conference from being obliterated... only for it to once again turn out that they were never in any real danger. The ILF leaders escaped and killed several Garrelia soldiers, and the ILF goons we defeated comitted suicide, so no info or progress there.
    - We saved the miners... except YET AGAIN, they didn't need saving. The ILF leaders could've wiped us out at any time and escaped. We fell for their trick.
    - We didn't figure out C's identity in time.
    - We were unable to save the academy. Right when we defeated the Soldats, diablous ex machina comes along and toys with us. He gave Rean a hope spot, then robbed him his hope for kicks.
    - Rean fought the magic knight in Ymir valley, only to be almost killed. Was saved my deus ex Toval.
    - The jaegers burned Ymir and nearly killed the Jaegers. Vita had to mind control them away.
    - We were caught by Zephyr and only lived because Xeno and Leo decided to be nice.
    - We were caught by the Noble Alliance forces and only survived because of deus ex 4th armored division.
    - We fought our way to the top of tower... only for Bleublanc to reveal that he was holding back. We are curbstomped, and only saved by deus ex Sharon.
    - Sharon isn't enough to stop Bleublanc, and we only live because he wants to keep screwing with us.
    - We defeated the soldats, but the NA forces escaped. The victory in Nord was so minor, we only saved a couple families and gave Zechs a few more days.
    - We were defeated by McBurn outside Aurochs fort, and it turns out that he was also holding back. We were saved by deus ex Duke Albeara.
    - We are utterly curbstomped at Ymir.

Not to mention the fact that EVERYBODY KEEPS RUBBING IT IN.

No Crow, shut up. Rean has been through more in one year than any other Kiseki protagonist combined. Estelle, Kevin, and Lloyd combined never faced this absolutely ludicrous level of hardship.

Machias: "Every word that leaves his mouth is condescending", except that it applies to EVERYONE who's not Class VII, and it even feels like the writers are being condescending. It's reaching darkness induced apathy levels.

10+ Year Old Account

@Velshin , I have no idea how you are able to breeze through the game that quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha well this is me when I love an RPG so much. I just /activate no life mode.

Spoiler: 
    I laughed so hard when Duvalie told Mcburn that she won against Leowe once but he won against her like 99 times haha but still I am curious how did he lose against her. I bet he was fighting with one hand or half sleeping or something. :P

We are up in the air!

Spoiler: 
    Intermission

Oh, I absolutely agree with you Cayenne; Osborne made it his mission to tear down Erebonia's culture. Not just Erebonia, but to force other people - Jurai, North Ambria, Liberl - into joining the Empire. He was a detestable man, and I feel no sympathy for him. That said, I cannot join you, for 1. I support the Arnors as the rightful rulers of Erebonia, and 2. I WILL take down those who have wronged me. The traitor who destroyed Thors, those who kidnapped Alfin and Elise, and those who attacked Ymir. It's a shame really; had you not done one or the other, I might've actually considered joining you. I sincerely hope you survive the war.

Don't give Crow even as much as a look Rean! He's lower than dirt. He doesn't deserve your forgiveness. He deserves a sword to his neck!

Damn right Rean.

12/13

NO! You do NOT want to be friends with that SoB again!

Go. Away.

Oh God, he wants to picnic with me.

Oh YES there is a NEED to give you that look!

As if I care about your workload.

NO! DON'T TALK TO HIM! Talking and is how the captors convert prisoners!

The hell? Did you seriously spend an hour or two cooking food, thinking you'd be able to convert the victim of your crusade to your side?

Did you need to ask Rean?

Rean is ALWAYS serious.

So Ordine didn't come from Byronia Isle, but Ordis. That means there are still three more DKs left to be found.

You do not have the right to headpat Rean. Back off bucko.

Thanks for clearing that up Vulcan.

Oh, is me escaping supposed to be planned as well? What, did they put a tracking device on me and want me to lead them to the Crimson Wings?

Wannabe Saber couldn't hurt a fly.

LOL Leonidas!

Is that how Weissman was able to snap his fingers and alter people's memories?

"ALL OF ME", seeing his demon form in 3D as opposed to a 2D sprite is going to so hype!

Not a funny joke.

Then why did you punch me in the gut?

Alfin's VA is S-craft!

There was no better choice than the piano playing during this moment.

*sniffle*

Lady, I kicked your ass in Aurochs. It's YOU who can't see the difference in our strength.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have gone full blown 'Escaflowne'!

Darn it, right here? Hurry! Push through the pain, hyper-jump to Valimar, cut the chains and you'll be free!

And too late. McBurn's got you.

VICTOR!

BEAUTIFUL BARD!

Holy crap, are we going to fly around Erebonia reuniting Thors under the banner of the Crimson Wings?

Noooo, don't leave us Toval!

Bracer Rean YES PLEASE!

So Arianhrod really is Saint Sandlot. I wonder how she able to live for 250 years.

Gaius: "That's just one of her many charms" wow, the way that line was delievered made Gaius feel like he was really INTO Towa.

What were you saying Leo?

Currently experimenting with build setups. I want a solid strategy before I head in to the act 2 boss fights, as they are the hardest of the English localized games.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are up in the air!

Spoiler: 
    Intermission

Oh, I absolutely agree with you Cayenne; Osborne made it his mission to tear down Erebonia's culture. Not just Erebonia, but to force other people - Jurai, North Ambria, Liberl - into joining the Empire. He was a detestable man, and I feel no sympathy for him. That said, I cannot join you, for 1. I support the Arnors as the rightful rulers of Erebonia, and 2. I WILL take down those who have wronged me. The traitor who destroyed Thors, those who kidnapped Alfin and Elise, and those who attacked Ymir. It's a shame really; had you not done one or the other, I might've actually considered joining you. I sincerely hope you survive the war.

Don't give Crow even as much as a look Rean! He's lower than dirt. He doesn't deserve your forgiveness. He deserves a sword to his neck!

Damn right Rean.

12/13

NO! You do NOT want to be friends with that SoB again!

Go. Away.

Oh God, he wants to picnic with me.

Oh YES there is a NEED to give you that look!

As if I care about your workload.

NO! DON'T TALK TO HIM! Talking and is how the captors convert prisoners!

The hell? Did you seriously spend an hour or two cooking food, thinking you'd be able to convert the victim of your crusade to your side?

Did you need to ask Rean?

Rean is ALWAYS serious.

So Ordine didn't come from Byronia Isle, but Ordis. That means there are still three more DKs left to be found.

You do not have the right to headpat Rean. Back off bucko.

Thanks for clearing that up Vulcan.

Oh, is me escaping supposed to be planned as well? What, did they put a tracking device on me and want me to lead them to the Crimson Wings?

Wannabe Saber couldn't hurt a fly.

LOL Leonidas!

Is that how Weissman was able to snap his fingers and alter people's memories?

"ALL OF ME", seeing his demon form in 3D as opposed to a 2D sprite is going to so hype!

Not a funny joke.

Then why did you punch me in the gut?

Alfin's VA is S-craft!

There was no better choice than the piano playing during this moment.

*sniffle*

Lady, I kicked your ass in Aurochs. It's YOU who can't see the difference in our strength.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have gone full blown 'Escaflowne'!

Darn it, right here? Hurry! Push through the pain, hyper-jump to Valimar, cut the chains and you'll be free!

And too late. McBurn's got you.

VICTOR!

BEAUTIFUL BARD!

Holy crap, are we going to fly around Erebonia reuniting Thors under the banner of the Crimson Wings?

Noooo, don't leave us Toval!

Bracer Rean YES PLEASE!

So Arianhrod really is Saint Sandlot. I wonder how she able to live for 250 years.

Gaius: "That's just one of her many charms" wow, the way that line was delievered made Gaius feel like he was really INTO Towa.

What were you saying Leo?

Currently experimenting with build setups. I want a solid strategy before I head in to the act 2 boss fights, as they are the hardest of the English localized games.
    What is your opinion of Leo and Xeno? man I liked them so much haha specially with their joking around during the confrontation.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Yeah CSII pacing is million times better than the first CSI but it's understandable because the first one is just an intro. I can imagine that CSIII and IV will be even better.
    really? I'm finding it super boring so far. I am still early on in the game but compared to cs 1 yea idk, not enjoying it as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    really? I'm finding it super boring so far. I am still early on in the game but compared to cs 1 yea idk, not enjoying it as much.
    Ohhh you will see go go continue! I mean there are still some side fillers but way less than CSI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Im gonna be honest - i feel the same. Granted im only at the start of nord highlands chapter but man, after tales of berseria this game is a cold shower. I absolutely hate the direction they went - aka rean the chosen one who will save erebonia and turn the tide of war with how awesome he is. Its so bland and cliche. The fact that our team members are still pretty bland doesn't help either. I really hope there will be some big twist that will salvage it.

Also, its really meh gameplay wise. Combat is way, way too easy, and craft spam is even worse now. Especially with captain "balanced" claire.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2018-02-18 at 01:10 PM.

What is your opinion of Leo and Xeno? man I liked them so much haha specially with their joking around during the confrontation.
    That made them even more fun! I wonder if the dialogue would have changed had I chosen Fie...

Hope that they survive this game and go on to be in CS3!

10+ Year Old Account
    That made them even more fun! I wonder if the dialogue would have changed had I chosen Fie...

Hope that they survive this game and go on to be in CS3!
    Yeah man I laughed so hard when each of them instead of all out fighting to the death exhange words with Olivier Xeno saying hey I will bring the booze haha.

Also the sound track on that certain event...is just beyond epic that piano damn.

The moment from 0:58 to 1:55 dat piano......damn masterpiece.

Yeah man I laughed so hard when each of them instead of all out fighting to the death exhange words with Olivier Xeno saying hey I will bring the booze haha.

Also the sound track on that certain event...is just beyond epic that piano damn.

The moment from 0:58 to 1:55 dat piano......damn masterpiece.
    Bringing the theme from the end of CS1 was amazing. Not to mention, all of the fantastic tracks from CS2!

The inspiring riff at 0:42

I don't need to say anything about this one.

After enduring 120 hours of losing to the bad guys all the time, hearing that heroic melody at 0:30 was truly inspiring until that hope burned down ten hours later

Hope restored! Gives me Pokemon Stadium 2 vibes. One of my favorite Kiseki tracks ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler: 
    yay I defeated one of the first optional bosses the giant cryptid Volglyph in Garrielia ruins and got my first rare Lost Art Orbment. He was tough because I was level 75 and the boss had over 220k HP and level 100. He is slow but his aoe attacks are nasty.

Spoiler: 
    yay I defeated one of the first optional bosses the giant cryptid Volglyph in Garrielia ruins and got my first rare Lost Art Orbment. He was tough because I was level 75 and the boss had over 220k HP and level 100. He is slow but his aoe attacks are nasty.
    For the superboss in Lunaria Nature park, equip everyone with sleep/nightmare resist and you're good to go.

Haven't done the one in Nord yet, finishing up the optional sidequests before I head over there.

- - - Updated - - -

Up to the family feud

Spoiler: 

2/15

"Rean baby, talk to me." LOLOL

WHOA, is Lacan Victor/Richard/Arios tier?

Ah, so it is Wallace his Victor/Richard/Arios tier. Going to bring Gaius along and see who's the best spearman!

==================================

2/17

Wow, he had TWO pairs of Dovens. Gotta hand it to him; he knew had to be preparrrrreed!

HE'S BACKKK!

Did his voice actor change?

I wonder why Sara's liver hasn't been destroyed yet.

Is the guy who died the one who taught you how to drink? The man you respected? Now I'm really curious as to who he is.

Is he Rutger Clausell? Is that why you approached Fie, wanting to carry on Rutger's legacy?

"Tis I, Thomas, your favorite instructor!" LOLOL! I already knew it was him, but the reveal so dramatic I burst out laughing!

Playable Thomas YES PLEASE

Nooo he's not playable.

BLADE has been updated! It's a vast improvement over the CS1's BLADE.

Goodness, that Phoenix Wings quest! That's quite the call back to SC! Also, quite consistent with the Ymir audio drama... (so sorry for you Rean; you didn't deserve this).

That is the creepiest looking sheep I've ever seen. I wonder what that unholy sheep mecha from SC would look like rendered as a 3D model in CS...

12/21

It's Angie, isn't it?

Called it

TELL US WHERE? One sentence! "She's at X".

Noooo

Instructor Mary is engaged to instructor Makarov! Good job Mint!

Speaking of the Lusitania, it'd sure be nice to visit it in a CS game! (I'm going to be saying this a lot aren't I?)

Wow, Angie has some really nice combat animations!

Lady, please. We infiltrated one of the most secure cities in the Empire, curbstomped a platoon of Jaegers, all with only a handful of men and on short notice. Show some respect.

Alisa, your mother is being protected by an Enforcer. Have some faith.

Wait a minute, how did Ouroboros manage to record Arios Maclaine's combat abilities?

I'm serious Gundam IBO vibes from this Angie vs Dad storyline, which is quite frankly one of the best stories of this arc so far.

Given the sheer mass of the Goliath and the fact that it hit the ground at falling speed, I am surprised that the bridge didn't just break!

Vulcan nooooo, we still need you to kill Osborne for real!

I have a bad feeling that the ILF leaders will be dead by the end of the quadrilogy, with one dying each successive game until C bites the dust in Sen 4... feels really bad to see them go. I loved all of them except S, and even I at least like her enough to be sad if she dies.

- - - Updated - - -

To the beginning of 12/13

Spoiler: 
    12/22

Wait a minute, Instructor Mary ISN'T getting married to Makarov? I thought you had this nailed down Mint?

Lol, Jusis shamelessly decides to take advantage of Rean's giving nature and makes him carry the groceries! "Just pretend I'm Towa. I doubt you ever give her any guff, no?"

Wow, sharp observation Jusis. The media's exaggerated reports about the NA's victories while quietly ignoring their defeats isn't just propaganda to raise morale; it's to make the Empire underneath Osborne looks weak when Erebonian history is taught in class, and will reinforce student's perception of the NA: that is was a form to the glorious golden age of when the Empire was strong and maintained it's traditions.

Is Fie talking about Shirley Orlando? That's quite the foreshadowing...

Unlike you Fie, Shirley didn't want a family. She betrayed hers. You're not like her; you don't turn your back on the people who love you.

Shirley vs Fie in CS3 HYPE!!!

At this point, I believe that everyone except Machias and Elliot have a foil to their character now.

Rean - Crow
    Jusis - Rufus
    Alisa - Irina
    Emma - Vita
    Millium - Altina
    Gaius - Wallace
    Laura - Aurelia (and Arianrhod)
    Fie - Shirley

I was right! DKs do have souls implanted in them...

My theory that Valimar was Driechel's DK has been confirmed, which almost certainly means that the Legram DK has been in Saint Sandlot's/Arianhrod's possesion for a very long time. The Nord DK was Zeo's, though it's wherabouts are unknown, since we don't know the location of the trial chamber. To my knowledge, their is no lore on Ordine's original pilot yet.

I am now just realizing that Valimar's VA is the same guy who does Rufus.

After 140 hours, we FINALLY meet a new disciple of Epstien, Professor Schimdt!

So he's basically an expy of Wernher von Braun.

======================================================

12/23

On a similar note, with the Nortian Provincial Army out of the equation, and with the 4th Armored Division having been able to push as far as Celdic, Zender Gate should no longer be under attack. We have managed to save Zechs and Nord! Lacan should be able to move the settlement back now.

Celine, you knew that Rean would need every advantage he could get if he was going to triumph over Crow. Should've told us about this the moment we first entered the Garrelia shrine.

Bleublanc thinks he's so cozy with Rean and screw with his rival by proxy that he is deliberately CREATING PROBLEMS FOR US TO SOLVE. I wonder how much time it takes for him to set up these puzzles.

And now, for several hours of talking to the hundreds of updated NPCs, completing the side quests, finding more students, and fighting superbosses. It might not be until tomorrow before I update with my thoughts on the story.

It boggles my mind to think about the SHEER amount of time and effort Falcom poured into making the world feel alive. What first blew me away about the series was the fact that in FC and CS1, every NPC in the nearby town updated whenever you completed a quest. Then in CS2, I thought Falcom had gone mad when they decided to update EACH AND EVERY SINGLE NPC IN LIBERL during the blackout chapter. Now, we have CS2, where EACH AND EVERY NPC IN EREBONIA is being updated EVERY SINGLE CHAPTER.

Goodness!
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2018-02-19 at 05:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What difficulty are you guys playing ? Because on hard the game is way, way too easy. It feels like no-damage run is possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    What difficulty are you guys playing ? Because on hard the game is way, way too easy. It feels like no-damage run is possible.
    Yeah I am playing it on hard as well. Yup the game is never hard, only when you use Nightmare difficulty then things will be interesting and even that is not super duper hard. Same goes for Sky series but yeah I am playing it for the fun characters and storyline and some of the best dialogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I am playing it on hard as well. Yup the game is never hard, only when you use Nightmare difficulty then things will be interesting and even that is not super duper hard. Same goes for Sky series but yeah I am playing it for the fun characters and storyline and some of the best dialogs.
    I dunno, sky had its fair share of interesting and challenging bosses (tho ironically its never the last ones). So far in CS2 majority of bosses can be killed without any use of healing.

I kinda wish this game had something similar to kurts rape-engine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I dunno, sky had its fair share of interesting and challenging bosses (tho ironically its never the last ones). So far in CS2 majority of bosses can be killed without any use of healing.

I kinda wish this game had something similar to kurts rape-engine.
    Haha well I don't know I just do the same in CS series as I did in Sky just spamming aoe massive S craft and almost one shooting every encounter. And just before every boss encounter I just fill my entire characters roster with 200CP for S craft spam and thats it. :P

and if one or two S craft didn't kill them yet then I use Zeram to refill the CP and again spam.

In Sky I mostly used Joshua aoe S craft and Kevin in 3rd Sky.

Finished the prologue and the let's gather the old gang and randomly get our own airship part of cs2 so far.

Spoiler: 
    Turns out Rean is the chosen one, what a surprise...
    But since this is a jrpg, we all knew this was coming.

Most boring part by far was Nord, just like in cs1 it just felt really bland to me, even though it was and still is one of the regions with the most potential.

The pentagruel, was my favorite part till now, it does give some insights into the motives several of the characters had, but it also raised a hell of a lot new questions.

Combat is okay so far on hard, had to save scum a few times to swap accesories out because I'm playing the game without a guide, so sometimes if you don't know the debuffs a certain mob can cause, can be somewhat of a pain. Laura coupled with tauros seems possibly too strong, especially if you combine it with the 2 overdrives. But since I play the game mainly for the story and not for the combat, I'm not overly bothered by it.

Hidden quests seem to be better hidden than they were in cs1, got A, A and S so far. In my first blind playthrough of cs1 I got an S except for the Bareahard fieldtrip when I missed an escort quest.

Would rate it at 6.5/10 so far, but that score is likely going to go up since I'm still really early in the game.