Poll: Choose your faction.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I play horde since I started playing in pre-Wotlk.
    Sometimes I level an alt on alliance side because their cities and zones are so beautiful, especially stormwind, most beautiful city in the game. I just love the atmosphere walking around in the old town or along the harbor and hear the ship bells ring.
    But on the other hand I main horde because of Orcs, trolls, tauren etc. They just seem to fit more into the "fantasy" corner of the game and their animations/character models are more pleasable for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Still think it was pants on head dumb for them to kill him off like that.
    Along with Tirion.

And Ysera should have been a boss in the Emerald Nightmare.
    Well, that's besides the point and I can agree to a certain extent.

Then again, his story doesn't seem over yet while Varian's shot was his truly last one. So yeah, I can understand the huge fuss about his demise from a storywise perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

"We have the ability to blow up worlds, so nukes must be weak" isn't really a logic I subscribe to, I'll admit.
    I guess the point about the spectrum flew over your head. I didn't say they are weak. I said they are not among the strongest.

And yes, there is. There's also variation within the troops themselves, and it's quite visible that this wasn't your standard Fel Reaver.
    Neither was Doomwalker.

Odd, seems like you go back to sass after being called out on putting words in my mouth. At least you're dropping the claim that I said Varian would survive it.
    Putting words in your mouth? I didn't claim you said Varian would have survived it. I said you tried to make some grand difference between their deaths as if he could have survived it. You know, making an argument why trying to conjure up a difference doesn't make sense.

If there was any putting words in mouths it was this:
    But the Alliance having to flee from one of the Hordes biggest capitals makes them a huge failure and not a strategic retreat?

It's fine when the Horde has to retreat but still does damage, but god forbid the Alliance has to retreat but still kicks the Horde out of Undercity?

Not quite how it works.

I'm pretty sure I'm a fair judge when it comes to what's a waste of my time and what isn't, and I'm saying you're also wasting your own by trying to clarify something that isn't even a true statement no matter what way you spin it.
    But you weren't talking about your time.

Yet again, good luck firing it.
    Yeah, getting inside the nook the gun is in must me a terrible challenge when it's right in front of you with a tilt to below you.

Already covered this, stuff tends to fall around when a ship is tilted. People fall into other people even.
    You're not taking the design of the Alliance gunships into consideration. There's a staircase blocking things falling from the left side of the ship. Stuff at the right side of the ship is stationed by the wall so if anything it'd be people falling into it.

And it IS a magical weapon still though, the strength has not been stated sure, doesn't change that it is magical though. And if cannon fire would have been enough or possible, that's the route they would have taken.
    But I thought they couldn't fire the guns because reasons. Also, given the super special unique status of this Fel Reaver, how comes they knew guns would have been enough when it's the first time they saw one? Did it also have an aura of inspiring awe in its enemies?

From what Castrum said, and Ghazan Julio was responding to. There's more than what I just quoted you know.
    What does Horde's successful infiltration of SW have to do with their response to Castrum?

Were you not just saying in another thread how repeated behavior is what allows you to label other posters?
    Were I not correcting a Horde posters one post earlier in this thread? I was talking about actual behavior, not your fantasies.

I meant you're making up that the gunfire would even free them and acting like it's a fact, as such-
    Given that your claim it wouldn't relies on non-existent properties of Shalamayne and/or the Fel Reaver, I'd say I'm fine with my claim where it's at right now.

You really think Genn, the master of fire first, think later, wouldn't have fired if it would work?
    Genn wasn't even on the same deck as the guns.

Oh yes, because you totally weren't downplaying it at all one bit?

You're honestly saying that doesn't attempt in one way at all to make it sound like the Alliance wasn't doing diddly dick, while ignoring that they nearly all of the highest demons in the Legion in their face?
    It attempts to say Alliance faced less than the Horde, which is a fact.

And yeah, because Gul'dan didn't have to DO anything past that.
    So you admit he didn't do anything during the actual fight, got it.

What, do you think the ship was teleported in from Stormwind? Logically speaking, they were fighting an entire war, the ship was probably off fighting in another location, hence it came not even a minute after being called.
    Which addresses what I said how, exactly? It was not at the foot of the temple when the Horde was still there. It had to be summoned from wherever it was and covered the role the Horde did only after the Horde left.

And obviously all of the guns are in the part not protected by the staircase. Never mind those that are visible in the protected part. Those ones are props.

Show what? Supplies being near the walls like I said how they were positioned?
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2018-02-18 at 01:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im an alliance guy but i try to be neutral when pointing fingers on who started which shit fest. (so far both are equally responsible).

im more alliance because i can relate to the factions, and the "close to the edge genocidal" campign of the undead averts me. otherwise the horde seems fine too.

edit: iam a garrosh, varian fan. Both are gone sadly Maybe Saurfang can up the ante and bring some excitement.
    Last edited by Minikin; 2018-02-18 at 02:01 AM.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I guess the point about the spectrum flew over your head. I didn't say they are weak. I said they are not among the strongest.
    Are you denying that the Fel Reavers is one of their stronger troops?
    Neither was Doomwalker.
    And this wasn't Doomwalker so I'm not sure what your point is here.

Putting words in your mouth? I didn't claim you said Varian would have survived it. I said you tried to make some grand difference between their deaths as if he could have survived it. You know, making an argument why trying to conjure up a difference doesn't make sense.
    I didn't though, I said it's silly to claim Varian's death was weak when Vol'jin's death was even more anticlimactic.

If there was any putting words in mouths it was this:
    I'm sorry, nowhere there was I saying that's what you said though.

That was in regards to yet again, what the other posters were saying, and you decided to jump in halfway.

But you weren't talking about your time.
    You're right, I was talking about our time. Because it was wasting yours too at that point, in my opinion.

Yeah, getting inside the nook the gun is in must me a terrible challenge when it's right in front of you with a tilt to below you.
    You mean the "little nook" that's unusable unless you're in front of the cannon? I took pictures of them for a reason.

You're not taking the design of the Alliance gunships into consideration. There's a staircase blocking things falling from the left side of the ship. Stuff at the right side of the ship is stationed by the wall so if anything it'd be people falling into it.
    There is literally nothing stopping stuff from hitting the staircase and rolling off. And even then, it's a staircase like an attic staircase. Thin and doesn't stop anything from falling behind it either.

But I thought they couldn't fire the guns because reasons. Also, given the super special unique status of this Fel Reaver, how comes they knew guns would have been enough when it's the first time they saw one? Did it also have an aura of inspiring awe in its enemies?
    I already given you several reasons they would have been able to fire the cannons, none of which are acceptable to you, since apparently getting hit by falling objects and/or other soldiers isn't good enough to you, nor is the fact that the cannons were inoperable due to the tilt.

I mean hell, maybe I'm just stupid on this part, but what's even holding the cannonball INTO the cannon when it's already tilted? Pretty sure they should have all fallen out.

What does Horde's successful infiltration of SW have to do with their response to Castrum?
    Because Alliance is in the middle of Horde territory and claims it's impossible to hold out there apparently makes them bad, while the Horde had to also retreat while saying its impossible to win while in the middle of Stormwind.

It's a silly thing to claim. Horde still got what they needed yes, and Alliance also still kicked Sylvanas out of Undercity.

Given that your claim it wouldn't relies on non-existent properties of Shalamayne and/or the Fel Reaver, I'd say I'm fine with my claim where it's at right now.
    Except the whole "We can't break free".

Genn wasn't even on the same deck as the guns.
    What is yelling orders at people to yell down the stairs.

It attempts to say Alliance faced less than the Horde, which is a fact.
    A smaller, stronger elite group vs a bunch of random no names.

So you admit he didn't do anything during the actual fight, got it.
    A bad attempt at a "gotcha" when I said he also didn't have to do anything. Yet again, elite force of demons in front of him.

Which addresses what I said how, exactly? It was not at the foot of the temple when the Horde was still there. It had to be summoned from wherever it was and covered the role the Horde did only after the Horde left.
    Because your original claim was that the Alliance didn't bring anyone for aerial support, while ignoring the giant ship. Doesn't matter if it was off fighting somewhere else, they still did bring it, at that point in time though, they had to rely on the Horde. Huge difference.

And obviously all of the guns are in the part not protected by the staircase. Never mind those that are visible in the protected part. Those ones are props.
    Yet again, staircase barely protects anything. It's like an attic ladder.

Show what? Supplies being near the walls like I said how they were positioned?
    That when the ship flips, those giant metal rounds along with barrels full of gunpowder (pretty heavy) are going to be flipping to the other side, hitting people.

Along with the people who are on the other side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I like how a friendly Horde vs Alliance number counting thread has devolved into the usual turd flinging contest - and no one is stopping it.
    "What can 1 do against such reckless hate. "

All the posts talking about people's preferences and why they joined their factions is an interesting read, but there was always bound to be a keyboard war on a topic like this.

When I first started playing I loved the Alliance. However, one day I created a Horde just for fun, played through some of their zones and fell in love with them. Now, I'm a diehard Horde fanboy, but I still play Alliance. The moment I truly felt like part of the Horde was actually during the Twilight Highlands intro in Cataclysm and later the MoP intro and Domination Point. That's when the faction pride set off.

I also really like the variety in the Horde, they have lots of great culture and interesting characters that don't fall into a "lawful" category all the time. Unfortunately, it seems the Alliance has to conform to a more human lifestyle, which is sad. Legion began showing different sides to the Alliance and I think BfA will do the same, so there's that.

FOR THE HORDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Smushen View Post
    God, your toxicity is triggering me... whether that or your edginess.

On topic, I voted for the Alliance as I've been playing Ally since I started, back in 2008.
    For the Alliance!

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, you know, the usual brother.
    Lol you honor me. Illidan was being shackled by Holy God level chains and instead of just giving and being like "oh no im stuck they've got me good" HE FUCKING STRUGGLES EVERY BIT AND THEN EYE BEAMS THE SHIT OUT OF HER. Maybe Varian could have pulled a Rick Grimes and bit out Ghoul Daniel's throat as a last resort? Or at least resist, I don't hear Bolvar bitching even after he was burned and tortured by Arthas. Bolvar was a true warrior even if he was technically a pally. His was yelling at the Lich King saying you will never make me serve you or break me. *Points at all Ally nerds* Your king failed to act and accomplished very little for your pathetic Alliance.

I'm sorry he wasn't dead sooner for you all. I'm sorry someone hasn't killed Tyrande and Malfurion and replaced them. You might still have a Teldrassil left if your Arch Druid wasn't such a pussy. Anyways, you guys are all cowards, I would never play with cowards. Our "Dothraki Horde" and our queen will make damn sure you all burn in hell where you belong. The Horde is a race that changes, adapts, finds old allies with much more common interest, while the Alliance is a band of heroes who just call THEMSELVES THAT AND DO TERRIBLE THINGS JUST AS BAD AS THE HORDE IF NOT WORSE. Get off your high horses. There's a reason we have Kailmdor where the actually story is taking place.

*Throws my legos down at "King Anduin's" feet. "Take them boy."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    Lol you honor me. Illidan was being shackled by Holy God level chains and instead of just giving and being like "oh no im stuck they've got me good" HE FUCKING STRUGGLES EVERY BIT AND THEN EYE BEAMS THE SHIT OUT OF HER. Maybe Varian could have pulled a Rick Grimes and bit out Ghoul Daniel's throat as a last resort? Or at least resist, I don't hear Bolvar bitching even after he was burned and tortured by Arthas. Bolvar was a true warrior even if he was technically a pally. His was yelling at the Lich King saying you will never make me serve you or break me. *Points at all Ally nerds* Your king failed to act and accomplished very little for your pathetic Alliance.

I'm sorry he wasn't dead sooner for you all. I'm sorry someone hasn't killed Tyrande and Malfurion and replaced them. You might still have a Teldrassil left if your Arch Druid wasn't such a pussy. Anyways, you guys are all cowards, I would never play with cowards. Our "Dothraki Horde" and our queen will make damn sure you all burn in hell where you belong. The Horde is a race that changes, adapts, finds old allies with much more common interest, while the Alliance is a band of heroes who just call THEMSELVES THAT AND DO TERRIBLE THINGS JUST AS BAD AS THE HORDE IF NOT WORSE. Get off your high horses. There's a reason we have Kailmdor where the actually story is taking place.

*Throws my legos down at "King Anduin's" feet. "Take them boy."
    The funniest part is your Warchief Lol'jin was way WAY worse. He's the one who died like a bitch. At least Varian died on the battlefield unlike Lol'jin who left the battle and died in the safety of Orgrimmar. How the hell can you be proud knowing your Warchief was worse in every single way?
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    The funniest part is your Warchief Lol'jin was way WAY worse. He's the one who died like a bitch. At least Varian died on the battlefield unlike Lol'jin who left the battle and died in the safety of Orgrimmar. How the hell can you be proud knowing your Warchief was worse in every single way?
    Vol'jin at least had the strength. He lasted a long time too with his fel wound considering how powerful it is. He even speaks to the Loa. Which is badass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    And I'm sorry we weren't prepared for the stupid suicide mission your faction thought would go just swell.

Deleted
    I came to WoW liking the Nightelves from WC3 and at the beginning played Nightelf, even though I found it horribly stupid that they were Alliance. But I simply never touched any Alliance content apart from Nightelf stuff, so it was fine for me. Then I switched to Horde mainly and only sometimes played NE still.
    From Cata onward I found it hard to play any kind of Horde except for Undead, but I still forced myself through all Horde content, because I wanted to see the whole story. But that was when I started playing Alliance more, still some NE but some more Worgen too. Nowadays most of my friends play Alliance so I'm kind of mainly Alliance, but I still can't let go of all Horde, which is why I also keep several Horde characters as up to date as I can in the current content.
    I actually don't know what to click up there but because at the moment it's mainly Alliance for me, I guess I'm going to click that ^^

I'm a treehugger in real life, and could never fully embrace a faction with goblins (oil spills, toxic dumps).
    I do have a couple of Horde alts, but they are Tauren and Troll, the two more nature-friendly Horde races.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I dont identify with either faction and I play both.

My main is a dwarf shaman so I play on alliance side more, though I have a lot of Horde alts - mostly blood elves and goblins. Never understood the faction pride thing - it's a game and I think the best way to enjoy it is to play both sides.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    Vol'jin at least had the strength. He lasted a long time too with his fel wound considering how powerful it is. He even speaks to the Loa. Which is badass.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm sorry we weren't prepared for the stupid suicide mission your faction thought would go just swell.
    I wonder if Vol'Jin living for a short while had more to do with him being rescued by Sylvanas and only being stabbed once, as opposed to Varian who fought to secure the Alliance's escape, was stabbed twice and then subjected to Gul'Dan's magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the RTS i always played Orcs.

My first character in vanilla was a Troll Shaman. Who i could not name Tazdingo (i hate you, whoever you are XD)

Back in vanilla, it was the Horde community that pretty much forced me and my buddies to go Alliance.
    Bunch of hateful teens, always eager for a keyboard fight, and having this unwritten competition of who is more "pro".
    Constant swearing, and griefing even their fellow Hordies if they could.
    Plus the constant childish fanboism and forthehorde-ing was eye-roll worthy.

Then the icing on the cake was the BGs.
    First BG, the Horde are invading. Second BG, the Horde are invading. Third BG, oh that's right, the Horde are invading.
    I like playing the good guys, tyvm. But this one was just me, not my friends.

So we went Alliance, which was arguably more noobish and clueless, but a million times more mature and friendly.
    That is, back in vanilla. Cause afterwards, both communities started to become the same.
    (Everything, except for the Horde's ongoing fanboism, as opposed to the Alliance's non-existent one)

Also, while leveling my Horde alts,
    i really dislike how in most of the quests that have to do with Horde vs Alliance, the Horde are the ones in the wrong.
    I just try not to think about the story and do the quest and get the hell out of there.

And in most of the major stories, as an Alliance you feel waaay more part of it.
    With the exception of maybe WoD and maaaybe Cata. Where you did feel somewhat included as a Horde.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2018-02-20 at 07:38 AM.

How can you not love a tauren warrior from w3 with a huge trunk in his hand shouting: bring it on! then smashing it onto the heads of your enemies! Been a tauren warrior since then. always.

I play both sides because I enjoy the story from multiple angles That being said I will probably take a hiatus Horde side like I did in Cata when Garrosh became Warchief. For me, I don't feel like I can play any of my Horde characters immediately in BFA in good conscience with some of the things going on. My choice, and I won't judge anyone who disagrees.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

Deleted
    I stated horde, and its the faction i enjoy the story of the most, my main has been ally all legion so i could play with my boyfriend in mythic +, he loves dwarfs, but ill move back to horde in BFA since its faction story, atleast in the start of the story.

i dont mind ally cosmeticly, but my heart is still with the horde

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I wonder if Vol'Jin living for a short while had more to do with him being rescued by Sylvanas and only being stabbed once, as opposed to Varian who fought to secure the Alliance's escape, was stabbed twice and then subjected to Gul'Dan's magic.
    I'd guess it is because he's a troll and his natural regeneration was halting the effects of the fel thingie.
    We will never know though. That Poison was simply a plot device to remove Vol'jin since that never appeared before or after his death. Even with the alarming number of Felguards we encountered.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont have any faction pride to speak of, i recently decided to go back to horde for BfA though. However, most of the horde servers ive looked at are pale shadows of the alliance heavy server ive been living on for the past 6-7 years (Proudmoore-US). My current home, Tichondrius, is full of edgelord wannabes and watching trade chat is almost physically painful at times. There dont seem to be any decent horde realms for west-coast US. And i dont want to play on an east-coast server due to the time difference.

My determination to stay horde is wavering.