Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Why are you guys being dicks to this person? I don't get the history.
    He has been promoting his MMO for a while now

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    He has been promoting his MMO for a while now
    Why is that a problem?

The problem is that mmo-champ is full of toxic shitheads

Why is that a problem?

I hate to be the person to say "Shit graphics=shit gameplay" but honestly the graphics look like something from 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    "Development" of the "new" Darkfall is probably funded by donations from awesome people like Kail. Nothing hints to any serious investments from legit sources.
    They took so long to develop this game and by the time it got released, its already outdated.

Look at World of Warcraft, a 2004 that is on par with the 2018 standard of games (there are outdated models, but they are acceptable).

Deleted
    God it looks absolutely dreadful

EDIT: lol it even has a sub, what a fucking retarded decision. Probaly has a playerbase of 50 people, those stupid enough to think a previously failed MMO which dates back to 2001 will somehow "succeed"
    Last edited by mmocae1868ef01; 2018-02-18 at 02:39 AM.

Why are you guys being dicks to this person? I don't get the history.
    Because.

1. They have been posting the same advertising stuff on other sites. It's almost akin to how a bot would post. And there is an already open thread for this so it's just clutter. It's desperation to garner an audience for a subpar game. What you quoted me on was basically me going back to the first thread as a reference.

Nobody is being "dicks" to the OP. The OP made a thread that is blatant advertisement which was closed once before. Let's not pretend anyone is the victim here because frankly I don't have much patience for that kind of defence in a discussion.

2. When anyone was critical (even just minor stuff) in the first thread they gave the "get out" attitude. Not a stellar thing you want to do with a game that will already have a niche/small playerbase. When you tell people to "get out" for being critical that is a big red flag for me. Telling people to get out for bringing up valid critique makes you look desperate imo.

3. The game is heavily flawed and running off the pipe dreams of nostalgia. It's 2018. There should be standards for games. This isn't even trying. The whole "it looks ugly because there are far more important things to work on" isn't an excuse. Games like these are the ones that flood the MMO market. Graphics are terrible for starters, gameplay is oldschool which has already been tried in the modern market and failed consistently and so on.

Hell the game was essentially shutdown twice. That speaks volumes to me about the quality when a game was shut down twice.

4. It's using a sub model which is a stupid idea. It's not a big name and it most certainly won't survive on the sub model. Hell even big names haven't. ESO being the prime candidate for that one.

5. The community for this game was already toxic and from what a friend who works in reviews told me when he played this the community was just as bad as the original Darkfalls.

I could go on but you get the picture. There's way more to be critical about than there is positive. In fact the hype for this game is nonexistant. This game is one that deserves the critique quite frankly and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I'd say throw the subscription money into other sub games on the market.

I don't see any issue with people being critical of the game either. It's a forum where you are free to post within the sites rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    The problem is that mmo-champ is full of toxic shitheads
    Being critical of a game that is being blatantly repost advertised to try and garner attention because it failed twice is "toxic"?

Sure if you say so....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    If the game really has many players (everyone knows the truth) why do you even feel the need to go on a crusade to advertise this "game" on every major forum? This is nothing a normal person does. You have an agenda that is all. Just feel special with your little crowd and "ahead of the curve" game and be happy with it or are donations to keep the game alive getting less?
    There's nothing even "ahead of the curve" about it.

I've seen the gameplay. Name me one thing that can be considered ahead of any current curve of MMOs. And by current I mean things like WoW, FF14, Rift, Wildstar, ESO, Neverwinter, Skyforge, TERA and so on.

There is nothing ahead of the curve about this. Graphics are outdated and the gameplay is just similar mechanics seen in a few other MMOs just complex/barely finished.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-18 at 03:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use existing thread.