Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

report system is showing it's flaws in yet another unjustified ban

this game is starting to get pretty sad.

I got a global silence three seconds after saying: "Please report X, X and X for throwing." They were playing Torb/Hanzo/Widow on attack and they were laughing, screaming and getting 0 elims. So yes, I asked the enemy team to report them and presumably the trio reported me at the same time and I got a 48h silence, which may as well be a ban, because I'm not going to Q if I can't communicate with my team.

10+ Year Old Account
    that video proves jackshit, just because you didnt do anythin bad in that clip doesnt mean you havent done toxic bullshit in oher games
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    that video proves jackshit, just because you didnt do anythin bad in that clip doesnt mean you havent done toxic bullshit in oher games
    Exactly. I'm unconvinced.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    This x1000

10+ Year Old Account
    didnt watch, no one just gets banned lol dont be naive
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmauselol View Post
    It does happen, the automated system can be cheesed. Example: Asmongold intentionally tried to stress test the automated ban system by Blizzard; he got banned in Warlords for having a raid group in his Garrison, him typing out "I LOVE WORLD OF WARCRAFT!" then having 39 players all report him at the same time. He was banned within seconds of the reports going through. Automated systems are garbage and there shouldn't be computers deciding on bans otherwise there will always be a way to game the system as proven with Asmongold.

That said, it's entirely possible he was banned for something else entirely. There's no way to know because Blizzard will never say "this is the instance of why you were banned and here's the evidence." But saying you can't game automated ban systems is false information because it has happened and it does happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    To the naysayers: what do you have to lose by bringing this to Blizzard's attention?

Worst case scenario, Jeff tells everyone the guy is a liar and you all start losing your shit and praising jeff's "roast". best case scenario, some support agents who are not doing their jobs correctly are reprimanded or fired.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    There's no way to know because Blizzard will never say "this is the instance of why you were banned and here's the evidence." But saying you can't game automated ban systems is false information because it has happened and it does happen.

3:04

1:16

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    To the naysayers: what do you have to lose by bringing this to Blizzard's attention?

Worst case scenario, Jeff tells everyone the guy is a liar and you all start losing your shit and praising jeff's "roast". best case scenario, some support agents who are not doing their jobs correctly are reprimanded or fired.

- - - Updated - - -

3:04

1:16
    I should have been more specific, forgot the community I was replying to, Blizzard GMs will never give evidence or proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    This video doesn't prove shit, but that doesn't mean their reporting system isn't completely shite.

I've been muted for using the word "ass" and wasn't even using it to attack someone. I contacted Blizzard and they also said that the mute was "justified."

Pretty sure it's just automated garbage that acts quickly when 3 or more people report you in quick succession.

You can always contact the support, you actually get email after the silence if you want to complain about it. And you will get customer support to look over it.

Edit. I know for a fact that the customer support isn't automated, it took almost 6 hours for the respond after I complained about the silence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    This video doesn't prove shit, but that doesn't mean their reporting system isn't completely shite.

I've been muted for using the word "ass" and wasn't even using it to attack someone. I contacted Blizzard and they also said that the mute was "justified."

Pretty sure it's just automated garbage that acts quickly when 3 or more people report you in quick succession.
    Pretty sure you didn't get muted for saying ass. They keep the report records for months. It just adds up if you keep being an asshole all casually.

the problem is the presumption of OP of "yet another ban"

from what i know the biggest people crying foul have been proven to have mislead the community in an attempt to get blizzard to remove the system which got the offenders who did bad things, banned.

Yes it is true that there is no way anyone could expect blizzard to hire enough GMS to go through all the reports manually. So they do have to have an automated system. So yes it is possible for someone to get an unjustified ban if players are being toxic and manipulating the system

its ALSO a fact that those people wont suffer more than a silence or 48 hour ban. And they DO ban people for making false reports. so as far as you know those people got banned for LONGER.

So any good player who is slightly inconvenienced by not being able to play for a day can just...do something else. and possibly if they want take 2 minutes to report that they dont think it was justified, leading to an inquiry that might get those toxic players banned.

However there are MANY toxic players who DO act terribly and we know most people either act neutral Or report them. and Thousands of people have been kicked out with hundreds of those permantently

It seems suspicious to me that one woudlnt be ok with the occasional person not being able to play the game for a day...if it means...literally getting rid of thousands of horrible acting players.

So it makes me think that most of these people going out of their way to tear down the system because its not perfect....are probably those toxic players who dont want a ban system at all.

basically speaking. A bunch of criminals are trying to use the fact that some people get traffic tickets for bullshit laws like 'rolling through a stop sign" in order to convince the population that there should be no laws whatsoever , so they can break as many rules as they want.

If you think the algorithems arent good enough....give that feedback to blizzard.

if you dont want the ban system in place, its probably because you are the person treating other players like shit and are a shady bitch trying to use others so you can abuse them without hindrance
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    the problem is the presumption of OP of "yet another ban"
    my guy please do not say such ignorant things if you are not willing to research the subject. one trick players keep getting suspended for playing only one hero.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    That shows what exactly?

blizz automated a lot of things back before cata, started first with automatic bans when you killed too many of the same type of mobs in a general area too quickly. I was personally banned for botting while i was grinding mobs in the shadowmourne cave, they spawned quickly and you could AOE them down and i was tired of questing.

i appealed and they told me that it was automated and it just messed up and i was unbanned in about 15 minutes.

activision is balls deep in blizz at this point, 8-9 years later, more systems are automated and these "reviews" aren't actually even done until you complain a little more. it's been easy to abuse for a long time now

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    my guy please do not say such ignorant things if you are not willing to research the subject. one trick players keep getting suspended for playing only one hero.
    They keep getting suspended because people are reporting them for poor teamwork.

And in many cases for throwing and other toxic behavior, which a lot of those so-called innocent players actually do actively engage in.

Don't know much about this specific case or whatever because I don't play or really follow Overwatch (why would anyone do that?) but this is a false statement.

There are problems in basically every other big game I can think of (including all other Blizzard products) of people receiving false bans or being banned under faulty auto-detection tools. It's preposterous to claim that someone's claim that a ban they got wasn't deserved is immediately bullshit. There's cripplingly high evidence of game developers getting bans wrong all the time, what argument do you have that this one isn't possibly one of those invalid cases?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    They keep getting suspended because people are reporting them for poor teamwork.

And in many cases for throwing and other toxic behavior, which a lot of those so-called innocent players actually do actively engage in.
    and this dude, and other one tricks like him like Fuey500 and Stevooo have been unbanned every time they are suspended. Blizzard claims they ban players for filing false reports, but I don't anyone bitching about it anywhere. This would be huge to people, they would be complaining about their difference in opinion somewhere if Blizzard was doing what they claimed to do be doing.

Blizzard is lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    I got a global silence three seconds after saying: "Please report X, X and X for throwing." They were playing Torb/Hanzo/Widow on attack and they were laughing, screaming and getting 0 elims. So yes, I asked the enemy team to report them and presumably the trio reported me at the same time and I got a 48h silence, which may as well be a ban, because I'm not going to Q if I can't communicate with my team.
    Thats the problem with having automated punishments in games. Greedy Blizzard is getting too cheap to pay for a proper customer service/GM staff, instead choosing to implement automated punishments that look at # of reports rather than quality of said reports. Thus you have a system that is less accurate but much cheaper.

Its just how things are now with the entire market essentially run by 3 mega studios.

Activision-Blizzard, EA, and Take-Two need to be broken up via monopoly laws. "But they aren't a monopoly" doesn't mean anything. If a corporation poses a threat to an entire industry (which the big 3 do) theres grounds for them to be divided up into smaller groups. If all the developers under Activision or EA became independent again, the industry and consumers would benefit.

Until that happens, you're going to continue to get automated features, faux passion, less content per patch, and more micro-transactions.