Poll: Is poor hygiene in public getting worse?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    I've heard that the Chinese often don't bother holding back their farts. An opera singer told that when she was asked what's the main difference when performing to a Chinese audience... that wasn't the case with the Chinese exchange students I met though, but then again they are younger and more westernized.
    Usually don't hold back from picking their nose and rubbing it on things in public places (even office desks).

Quote Originally Posted by xact4 View Post
    Most Koreans, many East Asian peoples have a mutation called ABCC11. Alters the composition of sweat, so that when broken down by bacteria living on the skin it produces little to no body odor whereas it would usually produce the usual nasty BO smell. Not sure about it's prevalence in Thailand(where I assume you live).

Google is your friend if you want references.
    I'm aware of that, I was being dramatic. It doesn't mean that all of us don't stink which is what many people assume after hearing this myth. Many people get disillusioned after visiting Asia in person.

I was talking about China, places like Guangzhou, Shanghai, Dalian. That's where I used to live and to a certain extent grew up. There's quite many people who have BO, it's noticeable.

I live in Thailand now though and deodorants are quite popular here

-- edit #1

And according to google up to 20% of East Asians don't have this mutation, so there's that.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-02-18 at 03:59 AM.

I have a really bad problem with sweating, especially at work. I find that some people often mistake that for poor hygiene. Its not like I can just stop what im doing mid shift and take a shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Am I the only that that hates and also likes super strong man musk?
    I get awful dude musk whenever I work out/have sex/whatever. I hate it but kind of like it.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Being a teacher and having anosmia is a pretty sweet combination, I must admit.

But, yeah, I won't lie that when I fix backpacks (I can sew) for my kiddos I'm not above putting shampoo and body wash in said backpack for most of my male students. Some candy or a bag of chips makes it look like a gift. :-)

Yea there are many people that don't know how to wash their ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

im joining a D&D beginner session a bit later before enjoying the chinese festival, now you guys are making me worried I'll meet some trenchcoat fedoras who smell insanely bad. then again its a beginner session so maybe itll just attract normies

People are fucking pigs. Kick them off flights, out of restaurants, off the bus, anything you have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Being a teacher and having anosmia is a pretty sweet combination, I must admit.

But, yeah, I won't lie that when I fix backpacks (I can sew) for my kiddos I'm not above putting shampoo and body wash in said backpack for most of my male students. Some candy or a bag of chips makes it look like a gift. :-)
    Are you self-diagnosing yourself again?

Also, why only the male students? Surely, a trans-woman wouldn't indulge in misandry, because that would be almost ironic. Pretty sure poor personal hygiene is an epidemic among most adolescents, regardless of gender.

Nothing in this world will make me take a shower and lose my protective layer.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

It's a big turnoff for me. Ever since I stopped smoking I have been able to smell things including people better and I was in for a few unpleasant surprises! I'll refrain from making a racist comment, but I think most people that are students or work in education know what I am alluding to..

On the other hand all it takes is a good shower and some fresh clothes, so it's not the worst problem in the world to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SethRoguen View Post
    I have a really bad problem with sweating, especially at work. I find that some people often mistake that for poor hygiene. Its not like I can just stop what im doing mid shift and take a shower.
    As I got fatter, this became a problem for me too. I so much as walk out of the office to the bathroom and I sweat. It fucking sucks. But I don't have a BO problem like a lot of people do. The unfortunate part of it is, I naturally run hot, so it doesn't take much to get me to the point of sweating, doesn't matter how cold it is. I have to do laundry constantly because I don't want my work shirts to end up with permanent sweat stains.

At a previous job I was working, I was living in this shit hole apartment. At one point apparently a water main broke, and the entire complex was without water for a week. I went from Sunday to Saturday without showering. Come Monday I mentioned it was nice to finally be able to shower again, since the water was back on Saturday, and my coworkers said they never noticed I went a week without bathing. I still wore deodorant, but that was it. Didn't even brush my teeth, which hindsight, I could've done at work. So I sweat a lot, but apparently BO isn't an issue I have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    My problem with hygine arose when i work closey with some people. Some of them stink so hard i can’t even focus.

I usually just say it to embarress them intentionally.
    Y'know normally I'm the asshole that calls people out on their shit while in public because I too love embarrassing people, but when it comes to body funk I try to talk to people in private, because sometimes it's an issue they know they have but might not be able to do anything about it. I've known a few people who stink bad STEPPING OUT OF THE SHOWER. Like no amount of scrubbing can get rid of a certain level of funk. And a lot of people who sweat profusely have a bad BO problem too, but that isn't something you can just fix by bathing - if they're going to be sweating all day long, showers aren't going to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    It fucking sucks. But I don't have a BO problem like a lot of people do.
    You know a lot of chronic BO also comes from clothing. If you know someone with that kind of issue and for whatever reason you are trying to help them you can get disinfectant laundry additives.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Fuck yes.

Fuck yes.

You wrote this poorly, but fuck yes.

You wrote this poorly too. But 10. Poor hygiene is absolutely disgusting and it should not be tolerated even a bit in civilized societies.

I overheard a woman at my gym telling her friend she only showers three times a week. Bitch, I shower three times a day. I wanted to call the police on that woman with every ounce of my being.

Zero tolerance.
    3 times a day? sounds like a problem

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    [b]Do you think a place of employment out to be able to terminate their employee for?
    I had an employee working for me for years that always had this very strong and ever present sweat smell around him.
    If he went to the bathroom, the smell would linger for hours. No one wanted to work next to him after a while either.

Luckily he left for another job before I had to make the decision myself to let him go. He was a friendly guy that worked hard, which made it a hard call really.
    That smell though... People still talk about it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    He's right though (for once) isn't he? People who play video games tend to be overweight and are usually oblivious to maintenance of personal hygiene.
    That's a little judgemental and ...on the scale of assumption that's par to South Park.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2018-02-18 at 02:22 PM.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    What? Why are you sewing backpacks for so many students?
    Rural poor. I work with alternative school kids, and that means pretty horrid home lives or extreme poverty for the most part. We're also deep into the year at this point.
    It's been 3 already this semester.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stoopid Aik View Post
    Are you self-diagnosing yourself again?
    That's a new weird, hostile quasi-accusation to add to the pile. You people are all kinds of funny.

Also, why only the male students? Surely, a trans-woman wouldn't indulge in misandry, because that would be almost ironic. Pretty sure poor personal hygiene is an epidemic among most adolescents, regardless of gender.
    Since you're soooo curious, most of the girls don't carry backpacks. I am amused you think I'm insulting them, though. It's almost like you have a bone to pick with me.